5.4 Frost Mage Macro

Hello,

I’m quite new to the forums, but after continuous hours of searching for a decent macro that puts out the most dps i decided to have a go at the macros and see what i could come up with. So any input is appreciated or if you like the macro pls leave a comment.

Addons Used:
Macro Toolkit

The Macro:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip frostbolt
/castsequence reset=target/combat frost bomb,null
/castsequence reset=target/combat Presence of mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=5 frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance
/cast Frozen orb
/petattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

I hope this helps you Frost mages out there looking for a decent macro.

First off, fantastic Macro! No lockups that I have seen and the DPS is great!

I did modify yours a bit; Frost Bomb wasn’t re-applying itself so I added it in later in the macro too. I also removed Frozen Orb because I like to use it situationally and then spam Ice lance, other wise its a DPS loss. Try this:

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence reset=target/combat Frost Bomb,null
/castsequence reset=target/combat Presence of Mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frost Bomb
/petattack

Let me know what you think!

Hey guys, this is awesome. I just started playing again and its helping out a lot. I was wondering if any of you can help me with setting up gems / talents and what not. to maximize this and arcane forging…

Loving the macro but having a Issue with it locking up mid fights… any ideas?

[quote quote=10980]First off, fantastic Macro! No lockups that I have seen and the DPS is great!

I did modify yours a bit; Frost Bomb wasn’t re-applying itself so I added it in later in the macro too. I also removed Frozen Orb because I like to use it situationally and then spam Ice lance, other wise its a DPS loss. Try this:

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence reset=target/combat Presence of Mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frost Bomb
/petattack

Let me know what you think!
[/quote]
GOOD IDEA! glad you like it I thought I would make it for lvling some fast burst here and there :slight_smile: thanks for the comment:)

When you say mid fights are you tab targeting and getting lock ups?

I would suggest giving Mr. Robots website a shot icy veins etc… they have a lot of good infor. on the way you setup should be, but I would be glad to assist in anyway possible

If I target myself and then re-target the mob it unlocks.

Im not sure as I haven’t had this issue with the macro but try this:

#showtooltip frostbolt
/castsequence reset=combat frost bomb,null
/castsequence reset=combat Presence of mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=5 frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance
/cast Frozen orb
/petattack

let me know if this helps.

p.s I Will look in to it more see if I can make a cleaner version of the macro.

testing this macro on my mage and i am getting lockups as well. Also how/when do you use the alt modifier? When brainfreeze procs?

EDIT: seems to lock up after i use Ice Lance.

[quote quote=11294] Also how/when do you use the alt modifier? When brainfreeze procs?
[/quote]

brainfreeze is not apart of this macro as it dose not contribute to dps that is something you will have to add to your actionbar separately

[quote quote=11294]EDIT: seems to lock up after i use Ice Lance.
[/quote]

I haven’t seen any lock ups with ice lance but will look into it and get back to you asap .

:: Frost Mage 5.4.1 Macro Update/Changes ::

Ok so to explain what I think was causing the “LOCKUPS” in the original macro was do to having two of the same style /castsequence in the macro Example below.

Example

This is an assumption of what I think may be the cause of the problem so instead of having the frost bomb as a castsequence I just added it to the normal rotation example below.

Example
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=10 frost bomb, frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance

If you notice in the above example I have placed Frost Bomb in the opening of the macro and changed the reset to 10 being that the frost bomb has a 9.09 sec cooldown not sure if reset is to the spells cd time but it seems to fit and helps reset properly ,Again STILL new to this thanks for the feed back with that said full macro is below.

Macro

#showtooltip frostbolt
/castsequence reset=5 Presence of mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
/castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=10 frost bomb, frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance
/cast Frozen orb
/petattack

[quote quote=11304]:: Frost Mage 5.4.1 Macro Update/Changes ::

Ok so to explain what I think was causing the “LOCKUPS” in the original macro was do to having two of the same style /castsequence in the macro Example below.

Example<br> /castsequence reset=target/combat Frost Bomb,null<br> /castsequence reset=target/combat Presence of Mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time
This is an assumption of what I think may be the cause of the problem so instead of having the frost bomb as a castsequence I just added it to the normal rotation example below.
Example<br> /castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=10 frost bomb, frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance
If you notice in the above example I have placed Frost Bomb in the opening of the macro and changed the reset to 10 being that the frost bomb has a 9.09 sec cooldown not sure if reset is to the spells cd time but it seems to fit and helps reset properly ,Again STILL new to this thanks for the feed back with that said full macro is below.

Macro

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0<br> #showtooltip frostbolt<br> /castsequence reset=5 Presence of mind,Mirror Image,Icy Veins,Alter Time<br> /castsequence [mod:alt]Frostfire Bolt;reset=10 frost bomb, frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,ice lance, ice lance<br> /cast Frozen orb<br> /petattack<br> /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();<br> /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
[/quote]

Just tested and works great 0 lock ups this time thank you for the awesome job.

Hey Hilly,

im glad to see its working out for you ill try to come up with other ideas or if you have any things your would like to see let me know.

2 in 1 proc macro…i find this macro very handy for brain freeze and fingers of frost procs…try it out see what you think

#showtooltip frostfire bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,ice lance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,frostfire bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,ice lance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,frostfire bolt
/cast frostfire bolt
/stopcasting
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

not working at all for me and I copied it exactly :frowning:

you need to hit the key pretty fast…works good for me

what kind of DPS are you getting out of this? I have only tried on a dummy and it seems kind of low…in the 50k. Am I missing something??

even with the tool kit this macro get stuck 99% of the time the cast time is messing the CD up and making it to where for 3.5 mins you can not cast anything

by the way i don’t use joe palmer’s macro i have my own main macro that works perfectly with no lock ups