[quote quote=19684]Hey Brian,
Thanks for the work you’ve put into making these! I love them but I have a question (which I see you’ve kind of addressed in previous posts).
Do you have any idea what it is that makes Sunfire/Moonfire spam? The original macro and the updated one work great until Sunfire/Moonfire cast upwards of 8 times in a row. I saw in an earlier post you said that it should work as long as we don’t go in and change anything. I copy/pasted and this is still happening.
To be honest not really. I did see that a couple times also a little spamming of wrath. To be honest I was trying to cut down on complicating the process keeping in mind I just wanted stuff to fall down before it got to me not caring about how much dps I was doing, I did end up running a dungeon as dps when asked and I actually kept up with other people so not too worried about some miner spamming just keep smacking the button. They spam a lot less then if you change something. If more control is what you need than I would recommend the two macro method, which has already been done.
I also noticed, and this probably wasn’t obious is that with the [nochanneling] on instant casts keep them from canceling the root effect.
Really was just trying to keep it simple.
If I was to speculate I could conclude that the timer is being ignored by the addon but for what reason I do not know as it works with other macros or does it.
if you were to change:
"/castsequence reset=25/target Moonfire",
"/castsequence reset=25/target Sunfire",
"/castsequence reset=25/target Moonfire,null",
"/castsequence reset=25/target Sunfire,null",
Then the Dots cast only once per target and then not again so great on trash but you loose the DOT on bosses.
Something else about gnome that I noticed and maybe read somewhere. The body of the macro, that is all between the premacro and postmacro is actually a castsequence command with no reset it just rolls on itself. Using the castsequence command like:
'/castsequence reset=target <spell>,<spell>,<spell',
can cause a bottleneck in the macro as it’s trying to cast the entire line before it’s going to the next line stumbling on GCD. So the entire macro stops for that one line and maybe not setting off anything else that is actually ready. Probably put more work into this than I should.