7/016/2023 Black ICE 2.0

First tests. Tested on the raid dummy, 5 minutes at a time.

The first screenshot is the previous rotation, before today’s changes.
The second is the new rotation.

Total damage: 1 screenshot - 1.49M, 4.8K per sec.
2nd screenshot - 1.31M, 4.3K per sec.

Both were tested at 250 milliseconds.

In general impressions: the last rotation works faster or something. Runes are activated faster, without waiting, almost never happens 130RP.
On the second: sometimes runes are idle. Often RP came to 130.

By the way, I did not touch the keyboard at all and did not use at all procs.

Second test.

Similarly, the first screenshot is the old rotation. The second is the new one.

This time I used bursts in both, the initial rotation (opener) was the usual macro, followed by gse.
Every minute I turned on Indestructible Armor + Engineering attack speed with gloves. Also, this time I didn’t use Ice Strike manually, even at max RP I didn’t. Only when Howling Wind + Killing Machine at the same time.

Subjective:

Your last (new) rotation was definitely lacking in ice strikes. Very much time was 130RP, it almost never went below 90. Two times the pestilence did not work and I had to re-weigh it.
Also, apparently because of the lack of Ice Strike, quite a few Killing Machine renewed at 24-25 seconds.

The previous one felt fine, but I would have liked more Obliterate

awesome thanks guys mine look different and im trying to find why. 5 minute intervall for my had obliterate at 34-35% dmg frost strike at 28% and melee right behind it.

I am however using razer naga at .1 second firing rate

curiously. Is sequence 3 running at sequential or priority? i use sequential as priority was not firing right for me and was skipping abilities to often

i updated internal gse fire rate, lower the pause bracket timer for my below 5minute target dummy fight. Sent a picture of auras as well as procs from trinkets and buffs can skew numbers sometimes depending on what gear each of us has.

i updated OG post but heres my PICS of 5 minute with macro only no buffs no horn of winter no howling blast used at all. however after 3 different test it looks like including my own test were average 4.5k-4.9k with 1.35mil to 1.5mil dps in a 5 minute span.
I will need to compare to fonsas rotation for manual input next to see where the vast differences may occur in a full rotation as well. If any others would like to test that and send results please do. Once we figure out the pestilence firing to often i think we can squeeze in a bit more blood strikes for some dps increase

what i’ve noticed so far and im still working on is reducing pestilence cast as it is refreshing at times we do not want which could allow for extra blood strikes. But when i bend more towards blood strike usage currently its causing pestilence to miss refresh windows.

what was the dps output? 50k?

On the test I posted and shown in pics, no buffs, now howling blast usage, no cds, Dps output was 4.5k at 1.38million damage done in 5 minutes.

Just to make sure everyone these tests are being done in frost/ sub blood. Sub unholy still falls behind in all aspects in terms of top performance. Maybe in ICC we will finally get to change to sub unholy.

I started following and catching up with Sarthe and whiteWolf and that’s the conclusion I’ve gotten from both of them.

I need more testing applications if y’all can with heroic dungeons. My time is still limited so I’m using the time I have to perfect changes to the sequences.

I may make a discord channel for everyone to also post ideas and create their own spin offs of the sequences we’ve made together if y’all are interested

2 Likes

Testing needed for the following.

1. disease up time
  2. obliterate outputs numbers. We’re needing them to increase from where they are now.
  3. how often is pestilence falling out of sync
  4. runic power usage are y’all capping or is it getting used

Do note I have set the sequence to attempt to obliterate with the 2 death runes created by blood strike and pestilence. There is a chance this may cause the sequence to follow the unsynced fonsas frost rotation. If that occurs and you notice we are one rune from being able to cast obliterate or unbreakable armor we will need to incorporate blood tap accordingly

1 Like

I just noticed you said you were using the opener macro. I have the opener built into GSE it will auto fire icy touch obliterate and plague strike then mills out so it doesn’t recast opener again unless you change targets.

This might be where your tests and mine are differing? As you would see higher upfront rune usage compared to me for diseases where I would have already gotten to the point of chain obliterates in the macro and have more runes for available use with less down time.

I think you might out gear me now to.

Try using the gse macro without opening with the in game opener /application macro. That macro for ingame I made was strictly for disease application only if you missed a pestilence

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong when exporting the macro but it doesn’t work for me

This should fix your issue. of not let us know.

1 Like

are you max level if not it wont fire without changing the spell ranks, 2nd is your macro list full? did you select sequence 3 as the main firing sequence? also make sure gse is up to date. Thanks @Siodar

2 Likes

I’m preparing reports now. So far it’s not very good and the previous routine is still giving out a lot of dps. I have no idea why. It feels like because of the less dynamic use of runes, it feels like the character is waiting for some time to use Oblitirate. Do you have a discord ? I would skype reports in the PM. More faster and easier)

first the previous one macro, from feb 2023

the last one revision

i did not use most of cooldowns. As you said, but I do not quite understand how in this case, if I do not open my macro battle, maximize dps under the proc of all trines and Empower Rune Weapon

This is the perfect starting rotation and in this case I use my strongest Empower Rune Weapon cooldown for 1+ 3 Oblitirate. Anyway, no matter how hard I try I have no idea how I can implement Empower Rune Weapon to maximize damage at the beginning under all trinkets procs, as well as under BL.

The main challenge, no matter how hard we try to make a perfect rotation, is to implement all of the burst cooldowns into the rotation.

Also, I noticed that after Ice Touch there is no Plague Strike, but right after Pestilence.You can see it in the video.

Maybe I have problem with keypress keyrelease ? what are your values between keypress and keyrelease. And between keyrelease and next keypress?

I have that one

@moderators maybe help us with that

I have a hunch that Plague Strike is not used immediately after Icy Touch, but after a full further cycle (Oblitirate, Pestilence, Ice Strike, Runic Strike) then Plague Strike, what does not correspond to a proper rotation and this is a feature of castsequense, as far as I understand

1 Like

Loving this info. My times between press and release are .1 if I recall with gse being at 160ms or lower if I recall to blanket cover everyone using different mice and keyboards. The press and release times are still a case by case issue.

However between our discord communications the cast sequence formatt you posted is the next update I’ll be doing. That should fix the rotation issue with the opener and fix the rune stutter.

I did not after removing the gse macro I’ve made and reimporting it I got the same ability lock which is odd. The pause block is definitely the culprit.

I’ll be removing the pause block and updating it to either a loop or repeat most likely loop as we don’t want the sequence to repeat over and over as throughout a fight our runes and runic power changes

1 Like

Glad to help you out bro! Looking forward to a cool opener :sweat_smile:

update in the OG post 7/16/2023

2 Likes

Tested out a new routine tonight! Awesome! Very cool job done, thank you!
On the nuances that are worth refining:

1. When you press ctrl and if you don’t have enough of a certain rune it continues to spend all runes on Ice Touch infinitely refreshing it. I think it is worth “reset” to add that he did not waste runes and waited for the necessary runes for scourge strike, pestilence etc.
  2. timings are great and rune power does not reach cap. But I noticed that periodically it run out of dots for some reason, maybe it’s due to miss outside raid on dummy. Need to test more.
    In general, rotation is much better and I think if we collectively refine it based on tests, it will be a reference.
1 Like

i think its misses on pestilence but i do also watch runes for ctrl for redot but i can definetly add a reset or stop line for the dots

1 Like