7/016/2023 Black ICE 2.0

testing out now and loving frost . I seem to be doing less obliterates than the top frosts in raid but still very competative. My dps did go up when i did remove rune strike.

Two bosses in so far in ulduar - also mostly naxx gear.

1 Like

anyone sim the best MS yet for it?

Iā€™ll work on increasing obliterates, it will do less than manual users but thatā€™s part of the differences youā€™ll see. Rune strike is a dps loss and can be removed, I just personally like having it.

Iā€™ve been in in full nax 25 since launch with the exception of boots. Frost is keeping up with dps thatā€™s for sure.

This macro will surely make you competitive and Iā€™ll keep working on it to make it give manual users a run for their money

Has anyone else tested and found anything such as lower obliterates? Any missed pestilences or failure to cast abilities?

1 Like

I think my unholy macro had the set ms in it but I may have forgot to add it to the frost macro.

Currently at work.

Test gse in game ms setting with the following numbers granted this differs based on your gear and haste.

Test

If you go over 150 Iā€™m not sure if the delay is too much as in game Ms vs your personal Ms differ.

But in game ms with atleast be on par with what the game sees and reads vs an external source

1 Like

Iā€™m new to GSE and am trying to get this macro to work. I import it in and dragged the icon to my Actionbar, but when I target, it will do Icy Touch, then the icon changes to Rune Strike, when I push the button again it stays on Runestrike, eventually cycling to Plague strike. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Make sure when you open the macro you have it on sequence number 1 if I recall for dps. Thereā€™s two macros one a ranking idea Iā€™m playing with, and a dps sequence.

Runestrike can be removed out of the macro but it will always look like itā€™s trying to fire tube strike at times. Also if depending on your gear and which variant you like you can change between sequenced rotation and priority sequence rotation.

What this means is that the rotation will for sequenced try to stay in that exact order for the macro firing and priority sequence is a bit more dynamic and will fire the rotation based on your current available resource while trying to maintain the rotation specified if applicable

Anyone share some recent parses with this macro? Curious to see performance. And you guys manually doing the full opener and then activating macro? Thx.

Make sure you have my disease spread macro, I included it incase you miss a pestilence or get resisted. Also the macro auto apply disease upon targeting reset or target swap. Almost fully does everything you need.

As of naxx 25 and ulduar youā€™ll see my parses with the macro for both frost and unholy. Parses are typically purple with some oranges. Unholy had far more time spent making the macro but this tier for ulduar Iā€™m focusing on frost

You mention that you could ā€œchange between sequenced rotation and priority sequence rotation.ā€ How do you do that in gse ? Is there a specific setting that needs to be enabled or is there a configuration that needs to take place? If you could please explain ā€œhowā€ to ā€œchange between sequenced rotation and priority sequence rotationā€ it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your macro I am using it and it is working really good.

Any updates on how the new version of this macro is working since youā€™ve been using it for a couple weeks now?

any updates @sargis ? :grin:

also curious for updates but considering the time length i would imagine you moved on haha

I have not updated much since iā€™ve been out due to personal life. For ulduar my dk is mostly BIs id say and depending on your MS i swap between priority and sequential set up. But i have also noted the gsse in game ms settings under options that allows for a more fluid ms firing rate.

I prefer priority as it for my current gearing its always worked better. When i was lower geared such as nax going into ulduar i went sequential but haste pots and PIā€™s and other buffs tended to push sequential to a limit and required priority option selected.

as far as updates to rotation or priority que of abilities i have not made changes as iā€™ve quite honestly been out for months but im slowly gaining the ability to play a tad more but as of right now i have not looked into raiding P3 yet but we shall see. once i catch up ill look at patch notes and forums and see where changes need to be made and ill work on future proofing a sequence so that once p3 comes around and yall get gear incase i dont raid yall have something to work with and can give me observations on changes that may need to be made

1 Like

i found an interesting feature of pause blocks in the commands that GSE uses. I think but with testing this will help further prioritize obliterate to heighten its dmg output compared to it now. Working on making obliterate our number one dmg output on details or logs when you look at your total dmg output.

My current setup appears to go back and forth with frost strike and obliterate and im working on why its not understanding or confusing one or the other in the firing sequence of things. Once iā€™ve resolved this i went update the OG post and add a sequence number labeled Soft Test for you guys to try out

1 Like

You know, if you need any help in terms of a test or some kind of check, Iā€™m always ready to help.

1 Like

Right on Sargisā€¦always glad to help you test this out as well.

1 Like

Updated the Original post Sequence 3 is the updated rendition of the macro. You should see a large increase in the overall number of obliterates and frost strikes you dish out. Iā€™m still mostly BIS HM ulduar gear and i dont raid currently but i have accommodated the macro to fit the new tier sets needing more blood strikes, however there is a sweet spot im needing to stay in to keep pestilence firing in time to refresh our dots otherwise second ingame macro has to be used to re dot or you can do this manually

2 Likes

Also horn of winter and Cool downs are not included in the macro, i have not tested adding them in yet and based on blood lust and your potion use you should time your cds and not let them auto fire for best efficiency.

1 Like

however i have noted pestilence window is pretty short on auto fire typically its not renewing when it should not with the exception of its first cast happening around 7-8 seconds due to the macros nature. however as the fight progresses it lowers to refreshing around 1-5 second mark, id prefer to get this closer to 2-4 second mark as if target moves you might miss or be out of range for it and the macro only pauses for so long before moving on

1 Like

current pause rate is 120 milliseconds, this could be too fast or just slightly too slow this can be adjusted and is the main part of concern i have with the macro and is my focus, please take a gander at sequence 3 and test out and let me know its short falls and where it is succeeding for you guys

1 Like