(7.2.0) Prot Paladin, GSE2 (15th May 2017)

Updated: 15th May 2017

1. Removed Eye of Tyr from PostMacro
  2. Added a V3 which includes Eye Of Tyr (based on V1)
  3. Patch 7.2.0 compatible
  4. Very popular, high DPS and fun macro!
  5. Talents: 2132122 (Seraphim)
  6. Added support for Hand of the Protector / Light of the Protector

Hi,

This is a macro for Protection paladins based on the new 7.1.5 patch (now 7.2.0) to be used with the latest version (2.x.x) of GSE. The talent choices are chosen to be proactively DPS orientated, and are somewhat based on those used by Bubblerific who currently holds rank 1 for Mythic HoV (logs).

It is now Patch 7.2.0 and this macro has been very popular and is still performing very well both in terms of DPS and rotating in Shield of the Righteous.

Versions included:

1. v1 (Default) attempts to save 1-2 charges for Seraphim.
  2. v2 (Mythic+Raid) will not cast SotR.
  3. v3 (New) based on V1, includes Eye Of Tyr

Cooldowns and CC are off the macro:
Ardent Defender and Avenging Wrath are off the Macro, as is Blinding Light.

In use:
Open with Avenging Wrath and activate the macro. By default (outside of Mythic and Raids), V1 will try to save 1-2 charges of SotR for Seraphim. In your opening you will use 2 charges for Seraphim and have quite a high burst. After a while your SotR charges may cap, but this is you are totally AFK; this is designed in fact to give you some control of SotR by default.

Shield of the Righteous:
The macro (new to GSE2) includes three versions: 1, 2 and 3 (new). Version 2 is automatically activated in Mythic and Raids and will never use Shield of the Righteous; you assume full control of SotR, however Seraphim will remain in the rotation. Version 1 does use SotR, sparingly, and will attempt to leave you with some charges that you can either activate manually or consume via Seraphim.

(Patch 7.2.0, 31st March) The macro now includes a Version 3; this is not used by default nor in any situation however it includes Eye of Tyr (EoT), and will be called to use towards the end of the opening rotation. I do consider EoT a mini damage reduction CD and chose to seperate it into V3; V3 is based on V1 and includes SotR. To use V3 be fault, simply change 1 line of code:
["Default"] = 1,
to:
["Default"] = 3,
This edit will tell GSE addon to use V3 by default. Further, you can edit the file:

["Raid"] = 3,
["Mythic"] = 3,

This edit will tell GSE to use V3 in raids and Mythic (and M+) dungeons.

Finally, here is the code import:

Sequences['GH_Pal_Prot'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Ohmyhero@Draenor",
  SpecID=66,
  Talents = "2132122",
  Helplink = "https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13736954/12/#metric=dps",
  Help = "Updated: 15th May '17 (7.2.0) Based on Rank 1 (Mythic HoV) talents, chosen proactively for maximum DPS. This macro includes two versions, V1 (Default) and V2 for Mythic and  Raiding. By default, V1 will automate Shield of the Righteous (SotR); in Mythic and Raiding (V2) will not use SotR. In use: open with Avenging Wrath manually and use Blinding Light as needed. This addon does not attempt CDs. Finally, V3 includes Eye of Tyr artifact ability; to use V3 you will need to specify V3 as Default via GS in game or by editing Default = 1 to Default = 3 in this file.",
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  Mythic=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Avenger's Shield",
        "/castsequence  reset=7  Consecration, Consecration",
        "/cast [combat] Seraphim",
        "/castsequence  reset=6  Judgment",
        "/castsequence  reset=14  Shield of the Righteous",
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
        "/cast Light of the Protector",
        "/cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
    [3] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
        "/cast [combat] Eye of Tyr",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
  },
}

(Updated) Thanks for all the tremendous feedback and to anyone who contacted me in game! I am really enjoying Protection Paladin via this macro, and without the GSE addon and team this would not be possible! I main a Brewmaster monk but this macro allows me great DPS, very high burst and a lot of fun on my Palawin!

Best of luck, cheers

Gary

Reserved: for updates.

31st March 2017
I think most people are having success (and fun!) with this macro, thank you for the feedback! The critique though was that Eye of Tyr (EoT) was never being called -in fact I placed it within the PostMacro bracket which (I believe) is now deprecated. I removed EoT from the macro, as I personally consider it a mini damage reduction CD, and I like to have those at my disposal even outside of Raids and Mythic.

For those that do want EoT automated, I included a V3. To use V3 by default please change [“Default”] = 1 to 3, please note this is based on V1 that includes Shield of the Righteous.

21st April 2017
As requested, support for Hand of the Protector talent choice. The macro will now cast HotP on yourself if you have it talented. By default the macro looks to self cast Light of the Protector. It is my personal recommendation that you do choose Cavalier (and therefore Light of the Protector) especially for solo play and dungeons, however HotP has valid arguments… although I’d suggest the arguments would be to have HotP off macro and used manually. But it’s there now if you need it!

15th May 2017
Thank you thx10050 for spotting that V3 (Eye of Tyr) had inadvertently dropped Shield of the Righteous; SotR has now been added. Cheers!

A version was requested to exclude Hand of the Protector / Light of the Protector and is available on my pastebin. I will not add this version however to the main post as I believe (with a leveled Artifact) that Light of the Protector has a low enough CD to be called for conservatively via the macro. Off topic, personally, I remove ‘Hand of the Protector’ (but it was requested) as I consider HotP to be a spell I occasionally save for party members and not just myself. For anyone interested, the version sans LotP / HotP is available here:
https://pastebin.com/wXDwPXru

Looks very tempting, so how do I put that in GSE2?

Gary - Thanks for the work! Just tested it on the training dummies and it worked right off. One thing I do with all of my macros is to stripe in a couple “triggerable” abilities like this:

/cast [combat,mod:alt] Blinding Light
/cast [combat,mod:alt] Eye of Tyr

That allows me to hold down Alt and just run the abilities I want.

Dainus - Simply copy the code. Open GSE2, and use the Import button to bring it in. It may require a UI Reload to get it to show up in the list.

I’d like to point out that Eye of Tyr is on the global cooldown, so im wondering why you added it to the PostMacro.

Forgot to mention, really clean macro. Awesome work!

Loving it ! tyvm

what delay would you recommend? running 750ms

cant import getting an error of Storage [string “Storage”]:2: unexpected symbol near ‘?’

changed this to old GS and it works amazing big thanks - feel invincible with this :slight_smile:

[quote quote=40585]cant import getting an error of Storage [string “Storage”]:2: unexpected symbol near ‘?’
[/quote]

Try this one

Sequences['GH_Pal_Prot'] = {
Author="Ohmyhero@Draenor",
SpecID=66,
Talents = "2132122",
Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/7-1-5-prot-paladin-for-gse-version-2-x-x/",
Help = "Updated: 12th Jan 2017 (7.1.5) Based on current Rank 1 (Mythic HoV) talents, proactively for DPS. This macro includes two versions, V1 by Default and V2 for Mythic + Raiding. By default, outside of Raids and Mythic, this macro will operate SotR. In Mythic and Raiding, V2 will not use SotR. In use: open with Avenging Wrath manually and use Blinding Light as needed.",
Default=1,
Raid=2,
Mythic=2,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
StepFunction = "Sequential",
KeyPress={
"/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
},
PreMacro={
},
"/cast !Consecration",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast !Blessed Hammer",
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
"/startattack",
},
},
[2] = {
StepFunction = "Sequential",
KeyPress={
"/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
},
PreMacro={
},
"/cast !Consecration",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast !Blessed Hammer",
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
"/startattack",
},
},
},
}

[quote quote=40562]what delay would you recommend? running 750ms
[/quote]
I use 75ms delay in Logitech Gaming Software.

[quote quote=40811]changed this to old GS and it works amazing big thanks – feel invincible with this ???
[/quote]
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

[quote quote=40371]I’d like to point out that Eye of Tyr is on the global cooldown, so im wondering why you added it to the PostMacro.
Forgot to mention, really clean macro. Awesome work![/quote]
Trying to emulate logs, I waned the macro to complete its rotation before its first cast of Eye of Tyr. It’s something that could definetly be experimented with, but iirc Eye of Tyr is a 1min CD and I think PostMacro works well enough. I also saw it included PostMacro in some SAM (preloaded 2.0) macros so decided to keep it there likewise. I did not want Eye of Tyr triggering early at all, that is the answer to your question and thanks for asking!

Cheers!

i keep getting “Item not ready yet”. not sure what item is not ready.

This Macro works like a charm! I love questing, tanking and even PvPing with it. Very nice work.
Remember to update your GSE every day, since every day there is a hotfix. Since 3 days I have downloaded an update for GSE. You can keep track of possible updates with the Curse Client for WoW.

https://mods.curse.com/client

One issue I am seeing is that I am unable to hold right click mouse and rotate character while using the macro sometimes. Any fix or tips for that?

[quote quote=40814]

what delay would you recommend? running 750ms

I use 75ms delay in Logitech Gaming Software.
changed this to old GS and it works amazing big thanks – feel invincible with this ????
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!
I’d like to point out that Eye of Tyr is on the global cooldown, so im wondering why you added it to the PostMacro. Forgot to mention, really clean macro. Awesome work!
Trying to emulate logs, I waned the macro to complete its rotation before its first cast of Eye of Tyr. It’s something that could definetly be experimented with, but iirc Eye of Tyr is a 1min CD and I think PostMacro works well enough. I also saw it included PostMacro in some SAM (preloaded 2.0) macros so decided to keep it there likewise. I did not want Eye of Tyr triggering early at all, that is the answer to your question and thanks for asking! Cheers! [/quote]

I though PostMacro only worked for spells off the global cd, hence I asked.

I haven’t experienced that. My setup is a Logitech G500 and I have Btn7 toggled to spam the macro (bound to F10) @75ms delay; I don’t have any trouble using the macro via the mouse toggle via Logitech or manually in game. Do you have ‘Click to move’ enabled in game, and if so have you tried disabling it? Best of luck.

To my understanding, PostMacro is not exclusive to spells off the GCD.

Do you have the Artifact equipped?

Am i missing something but since when did Seraphim become a go to talent?

[quote quote=41667]Am i missing something but since when did Seraphim become a go to talent?
[/quote]

Maybe you did?

Seraphim, as I understand it, is the go to Talent for proactive DPS. I based the rotation on top ranking Mythic HoV samples from warcraftlogs and every tank chose Seraphim:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/12#class=Paladin&partition=2&spec=Protection

Gary,

FANTASTIC macro.

Just ran some 5 mans, when activating this macro there should be a message that reads;

“CHEAT MODE ACTIVE” :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work.

/hug

cant get Eye of Tyr to work in the post-macro, any ideas? It just doesnt fire. pulsing at 75ms

I’m pretty new to GSE, how does this work with the 2-step macro? I see one part is normal, the other is mythic, raid. Does it switch automatically by difficulty or group that you are in?