7.2 Ascendance Build (Updated 7.1.5)

[quote quote=43208]Yeah… so i used an older macro when those talents were… OK to to use… pre 7.1.5
Talent section is correct help section is still showing the old talents, i will update it!
[/quote]

hehe i know… i was only joking :stuck_out_tongue:

but what about flame shock ?

edit:
Flame Shock can proc Lava burst more. (maybe a idea to get it intro the script ? )

I will be updating them again shortly to an even simpler build… so simple it’s kind of embarrassing.

Flame Shock does make a return but at the cost of Earth Shock.
Flame Shock is more valuable in the macro than Earth Shock is but FS uses maelstrom too. I have added in a loop sequence to it so it should cast FS again just before or just after it runs out.

[quote quote=43527]I will be updating them again shortly to an even simpler build… so simple it’s kind of embarrassing.
Flame Shock does make a return but at the cost of Earth Shock. Flame Shock is more valuable in the macro than Earth Shock is but FS uses maelstrom too. I have added in a loop sequence to it so it should cast FS again just before or just after it runs out.
[/quote]

Okay nice :slight_smile:

for i tryed to put Flame Shock in script… but it failed… so i’ll let the profs make it ! :smiley:
Mine castede only FS all the time (OPS) :smiley:

Edit:
Im not sure about this…

KeyPress={
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=/target Flame Shock, null”,
},

So this is how i have now simplified this build.
It’s almost embarrassing to run or have made.

Basically all the skills you would normally use in the build will be on cooldown leaving Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning the only spells that could be bast while waiting on procs or the end of the cooldown that it made no sense to pad or have longer castsequences.

Sequences['ChocEle'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Chocolatte@Saurfang",
  SpecID=262,
  Talents = "1,1,1,2,3,3,1",
  Help = "Talents - 1112331",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Flame Shock",
      },
        "/cast Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/cast Lightning Bolt",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}
Sequences['ChocAoE'] = {
  SpecID=262,
  Help = "Talents - 1112331",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@cursor] Earthquake",
        "/cast Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/cast Chain Lightning",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}
Sequences['AscendedShaman'] = {
  SpecID=262,
  Help = "Talents - 1212211",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Ascendance",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}

I will leave them here for a couple of days so you can try both versions but this is more improved. The only thing i have done is remove Earth Shock so you can build maelstrom and either use it at 80+ or use AoE to cast EQ’s instead.

It working fine… sometimes does it cast 4x Flame shock at same time (and im using 140 ahk)

but i’ll still test more :slight_smile:

It shouldn’t do if Flame Shock is in the PreMacro section. There should be times it may cast 1-2 when you don’t want to but it should only refresh near the end of the timer

Now i have tested on dummy in 10mins…

around 30sec left at FS - it will be refreshed :confused: - but i love it! - high dmg now end before :slight_smile:

Nice use of combat=true and looplimits… I like

Hello mate again :slight_smile:

I found 1 thing we need to paste in Ascendance.
/cast Volcanic Inferno (Proc from Lava Burst)

Also… When lave burst is “proc” called it Volcanic Inferno (and it need to be casted asap)!
But i hope it can help you a little bit :slight_smile:

And how to “turn down for Flame Shock” casting, it cast every 4sec. :confused:

Thank you very much for taking the time to create and test this macro. I’ve been using it to level a shaman and tweaked it slightly for the usage of Flame Shock.

Basically, I used your original macro (the one with all the cast sequences leaving Earth Shock on the last line and adding ( ,Flame Shock) after it. After testing I felt I found I had higher DPS leaving Earth Shock in and it’s just more lazy! :slight_smile: Also, adding Flame Shock here seems to reapply much less often without the debuff falling off.

To apply it I used a line I found from another class and just replaced that spell with Flame Shock in the Key Press area.

Lastly, I use Lightning Rod instead of Ascendance or IceFury. The Ascendance macro worked fine but I found for my purposes leveling with Lightning Rod was more useful.

Here is what I’m using for ST leveling.

Sequences['Ele-ST'] = {
  Author="Magrum@Black Dragonflight",
  SpecID=262,
  Talents = "1/2, 1, 1/2, 2, 3, 3, 2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Flame Shock, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt",
        "/castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Earth Shock, Flame Shock",
        " ",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=44115]Thank you very much for taking the time to create and test this macro. I’ve been using it to level a shaman and tweaked it slightly for the usage of Flame Shock.
Basically, I used your original macro (the one with all the cast sequences leaving Earth Shock on the last line and adding ( ,Flame Shock) after it. After testing I felt I found I had higher DPS leaving Earth Shock in and it’s just more lazy! ??? Also, adding Flame Shock here seems to reapply much less often without the debuff falling off.
To apply it I used a line I found from another class and just replaced that spell with Flame Shock in the Key Press area.
Here is what I’m using for ST leveling.
[/quote]

What about Volcanic Inferno, When lava burst is proc’ed, its no news for shaman ele mostly dmg is from Volcanic Inferno.

If i want to turn it in script, should it be under premarco? So it cast it everytime it proc ?

[quote quote=44118]>What about Volcanic Inferno, When lava burst is proc’ed, its no news for shaman ele mostly dmg is from Volcanic Inferno.
If i want to turn it in script, should it be under premarco? So it cast it everytime it proc ?
[/quote]

Ok, this very statement shows that you have no clue about the class that you’re playing right now.
I suggest you may need to go re-learn it before making suggestions.

Volcanic Inferno is a passive, it’s not a proc and it’s not something you can add into the macro to “cast”.

It’s based on Lava Burst and has a chance on each Lava Burst to apply that passive ability to the target which then opens a small volcano on the ground at the targets feet and causes AoE damage that way.

It’s generally the last golden trait of the 3 to be taken.

Volcanic Inferno
Rank 1/1	Artifact Trait
Requires Shaman (Elemental)
Requires The Fist of Ra-den
Lava Burst has a chance to open a volcanic fissure under your target, dealing (6 * (60% of Spell power)) Fire damage over 6 sec to all enemies within 3 yds of the target.

[quote quote=44115]
Lastly, I use Lightning Rod instead of Ascendance or IceFury. The Ascendance macro worked fine but I found for my purposes leveling with Lightning Rod was more useful.
Here is what I’m using for ST leveling.[/quote]

Lightning Rod is still a good way to go and it’s especially useful for Levelling and WQ’s and even dungeons. It’s now more the cleave build for Elemental.

It’s something i do/use for trash pulls and then switch to Ascendance for bosses.

[quote quote=44120]

>What about Volcanic Inferno, When lava burst is proc’ed, its no news for shaman ele mostly dmg is from Volcanic Inferno. If i want to turn it in script, should it be under premarco? So it cast it everytime it proc ?

Ok, this very statement shows that you have no clue about the class that you’re playing right now. I suggest you may need to go re-learn it before making suggestions. Volcanic Inferno is a passive, it’s not a proc and it’s not something you can add into the macro to “cast”. It’s based on Lava Burst and has a chance on each Lava Burst to apply that passive ability to the target which then opens a small volcano on the ground at the targets feet and causes AoE damage that way. It’s generally the last golden trait of the 3 to be taken. [/quote]

well well… - I try to record marco, and it shows up there, when i casted “Volcanic Inferno”
and think it was a “casting” spells :slight_smile:
But anyways thank for more info. :slight_smile:

I noticed it sets off trinkets as well? That is very nice thank you

This shouldn’t be setting off any “On Use” trinkets. There is no use function for them. If you’re finding it’s using trinkets then it may be in the GSE options /gs > Options > Use first/2nd trinket

While i will give a dps macro i try not to include any large defensives or trinkets as you don’t want to waste them on packs.

Because I have in trinket 1 Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish and it is going off at the start of the fight. For me personally that is just fine because I prefer it like that

I am going to update this macro again in a few minutes.

I have made some changes to fix the Flame Shock issue so now it’s easier to spread to other mobs and it seems to work really well. The only outstanding issue is i want to use Earth Shock in the same way but FS over writes and takes priority which i am fine with. Just means ES is still a separate click/press.

Has it been updated? As this is my main used shaman macros thanks

Yup, the updates always go to the front page :slight_smile:

Icefury is done too with a similar playstyle if you want to use that build.