7.2 Ascendance Build (Updated 7.1.5)

Cym,

In the updated macros, there is a conflict between the talents you have in the HELP section vs. what you have in the TALENTS section. Can you update/fix it so I know what talents I need to set across the macros, please? :slight_smile:

• Aitrus

Would be easier to post above the macro when it was updated please. Then people can just see and update theirs, without thinking it is a old one. Thank you for your time to create the macros and test them.

[quote quote=47036]Cym,
In the updated macros, there is a conflict between the talents you have in the HELP section vs. what you have in the TALENTS section. Can you update/fix it so I know what talents I need to set across the macros, please? ???
– Aitrus
[/quote]

FIXED!

I swapped from Path of Flame earlier to Totem Mastery, i thought i caught it earlier but obviously not!

Thanks for the catch and sorry for the confusion!

[quote quote=47039]Would be easier to post above the macro when it was updated please. Then people can just see and update theirs, without thinking it is a old one. Thank you for your time to create the macros and test them.
[/quote]

Good idea, never thought of it in this case. It’s done now :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying out the macro and notice a few things. First, you mention in the description (and talents) to take Totem Mastery, but that skill isn’t in any of your macros.

Second, when I spam the ChocoEle (80 ms) it goes through the rotation once and then spams Flame Shock over and over on the target and never casts anything else.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Aitrus

EDIT: I think my issue with the spamming of Flame Shock was that I was keeping my cursor over my enemy :slight_smile: So that solves that. Totem Mastery is still missing from the macro(s), I do at least have that right. :slight_smile:

80ms is too quick, i used 140ms personally for this macro but your choice :slight_smile:

Yeah, i went back and re-tested this and the only way FS will continue to cast is if you continue to hover over the unitframe/mob/nameplate of the target. This is due to the @mouseover which is intended… not intended to keep the pointer there however. It’s best to use it hovering over the nameplates so you can spread FS to around 3 targets. I made it this way as a solution to only cast FS when it’s running out rather than wasting maelstom and casting it with 17+ seconds to go when you want to refresh at 9 and below.
You should/could use this as an opener to put up FS and then switch to AoE in pack situations.

This behaviour is not on the AoE macro as it interferes with the @cursor for Earthquake so i have left that particular macro alone apart from removing Fire Elemental as this should be used when you actually want it out.

Totem Mastery is not “missing” it’s just never intended to be there. Reason for this is it will just spam drop the totems which is undesirable so like ES/Fire Elemental it should be used when you want to drop it. Quick fights where mobs die before you get something off will make the skill pointless.

Hope that helps with the reasoning behind why i have made them this way.

Makes perfect sense now thanks for taking the time to spell out how it works. I will slow my AHK to 140ms and see if that helps the situation, most other macros I use 80ms was fine for, but if its breaking the functionality, then it needs to be changed :slight_smile:

I appreciate all the work and description you have given on this thread for this macro, I’ve been really happy with it, as I am sure others are as well.

• Aitrus

What happened to the ‘ChocEle’? I replaced it over my old one and the old one was fantastic. Now It is doing 50-100k dps over 260k I was doing before. It is skipping most of the attacks for some reason. Do you have a copy of the old one? As that worked fine. Thanks

Found it via your old post

Sequences['ChocEle'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Chocolatte@Saurfang",
  SpecID=262,
  Talents = "1,1,1,2,3,3,1",
  Help = "Talents - 1112331",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Flame Shock",
      },
        "/cast Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/cast Lightning Bolt",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['ChocAoE'] = {
  SpecID=262,
  Help = "Talents - 1112331",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@cursor] Earthquake",
        "/cast Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
        "/cast Chain Lightning",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}
Sequences['AscendedShaman'] = {
  SpecID=262,
  Help = "Talents - 1212211",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Ascendance",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Fire Elemental",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}

That the one you were on about?

Really there is no difference in this one to the front page other than Fire Elemental is in the macro (5 minute CD) and Flame Shock is in there which will fire randomly. Oh and the talent change from Path of Flame to Totem Mastery.

If you went down TO 50-100k then you’re doing something wrong.

I imported

Sequences['ChocEle'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  SpecID=262,
  Talents = "3,1,1,2,3,3,1",
  Help = [[Talents - 3112331]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [@mouseover,harm] Flame Shock",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Stormkeeper",
        "/cast Lightning Bolt",
        "/cast Elemental Blast",
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Lava Burst",
      },
    },
  },
}

It keeps on skipping ones like lavaburst. I do like 1/3 of what I normally should. I will go to a training dummy and use both for accurate results

Tried and tested, Looks like recount was not running right or something. On a training dummy they are both nearly the same.

What’s you ilvl at? And what is the DPS it gives?

865 200-300k

Yeah i am around 277 - 400 at 850 on this one.

It’s not really a DPS increase it was more a QoL change overall. Both macros are pretty competitive to be fair.

This wont cast elemental Blast for me, on the macro Elemental Blast is in white… i have the correct talents… not sure why, :frowning: any ideas would be helpful.

It will show up white in the macro but it shouldn’t be the reason it does not cast.

I’ve had no issues with EB firing off.

Shaman Test

I’ll do more testing tomorrow :slight_smile: thanks for the effort so far. I’d be lost without these now! <3 Many thanks…

Are there any updates for this macro with 7.2.5, or does it remain unchanged? My wife runs a Resto / Elemental Shaman and has been using these macros for DPS as Elemental. :slight_smile: Thank you.

They have not changed much at all. Only some of their skills and elementals got a boost.

There are still 3 builds following 7.2