7.3 Lone Wolf "One Size Fits All"

UPDATED FOR 7.3 (old version at bottom)

This macro is designed to be used in all situations with the minimum of fuss. AOE or Single target it makes no difference. Your ilvl, legendaries, artifact power, etc. Will not effect the function of the macro but it is designed with double Vulnerable - Aimed Shots in mind.

If you can’t solo something without a pet, go BM quickly. Its quicker and easier than messing about with talents. Most stuff dies pretty fast as MM. You don’t often have need of a pet.

Talents:
1 1 X 3 X 3 1

Click Rate:
100ms (I use 90-150ms variable via Corsair)

Changes:
-Full redesign aimed at getting double Aimed Shots during the Vulnerable debuff.

The macro is for your main rotation. When decisions have to be made heal, shell, run, disengage, feign MANUALLY! Learn to toggle off autofire and macro /stopcasting before all of these moves. All of these moves are also candidates to replace modifier moves in the macro if you would prefer. Just be aware that Aimed shot casting can prevent immediate actions.

This is not optimal DPS. But it runs at 90% of SIM DPS for me which is perfectly acceptable IMO. We are working on True Aim + Trick Shot but its proving hard to get shot timing. THREAD

If you want to learn how to use GSE2 and get this macro working in game then click THIS LINK

If you want to see the tutorial video I made for creating macros in GSE2 then click THIS LINK

NEW MACRO FOR 7.3

Sequences['LW1+_+Neon7.3'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.07.
  Author="Neon82UK",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "11X3X31",
  Helplink = "https://www.youtube.com/c/Neon82UK",
  Help = [[7.3 Current "One size fits all", testing still in progress for other builds. This works best if you have 2pc bonus. Considder the 7.2.5 macro if this one feels wrong.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      LoopLimit=20,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Concussive Shot",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Trueshot",
        "/castsequence Windburst, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot",
        "/castsequence Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot",
        "/castsequence Marked Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

OLD MACRO! - Still Works

Sequences['Neon725_MM'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Neon82UK",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "11X3131",
  Helplink = "https://www.youtube.com/c/Neon82UK",
  Help = [[UPDATED for 7.2.5. Lone Wolf "One size fits all". Toggle Volley on manually. ALT= Concussive. SHIFT= Viper Sting (PvP anti-heal). CTRL=Binding Shot @ Cursor. ]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      LoopLimit=10,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Concussive Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Viper Sting",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] Trueshot",
        "/cast Windburst",
        "/cast Marked Shot",
        "/cast Aimed Shot",
        "/cast Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Added !Volley to PreMacro. This will make sure Volley is toggled on.

I haven’t tried this new macro yet but the last one was a lot of fun. So thanks for taking the time to make it and tweak it.

Is there a way to disable the auto target? I really dislike it when I am in dungeons. I tried deleting “/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”, but it still auto targets. I also deleted the next line down just in case it was a focus issue, but it still auto targets.

I do like the auto target when I am solo and when I am in a high powered group when it doesn’t matter if I accidentally pull some extra mobs.

Thanks
Randy

[quote quote=54196]I haven’t tried this new macro yet but the last one was a lot of fun. So thanks for taking the time to make it and tweak it.
Is there a way to disable the auto target? I really dislike it when I am in dungeons. I tried deleting “/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”, but it still auto targets. I also deleted the next line down just in case it was a focus issue, but it still auto targets.
I do like the auto target when I am solo and when I am in a high powered group when it doesn’t matter if I accidentally pull some extra mobs.
Thanks Randy
[/quote]

Short answer, not really. That’s one of the big things with these Macros. You need to control is behaviour manually. I have mine as a toggle switch on my mouse. 1 press and I’m attacking, a second press and I stop. You can set it to only fire when pressed but that will soon make your fingers ache.

There are a few things you can do to stop unwanted pulls:

• Control your characters position so that you are never facing toward unwanted pulls. Just keep an eye out for patrols.
  • Stop the macro just before your current target dies. For example if something is nearly dead and you have just started casting Aimed Shot, stop the macro. The shot will still fire if the mob is alive.
  • Target the mob furthest away from unwanted pulls so you don’t cause Sidewinder pulls.
  • Set the tank to Focus and set your UI to show your Focus’s target. Then click the Focus’s target while the macro is running to ensure you are attacking what the tank is attacking.

Combine all these things and you should put an end to embarrassing Huntard moments.

I just tested, it works better than the last one. I do 200M damage test and my dps is 1.05M.

I’m trying to get this to work with Trick Shot since its a much better build for MM. But I don’t see where I would replace sidewinders with Arcane shot anywhere. Can you offer some help or post the macro you’re currently working on with trickshot so I can mess around a bit?

Disregard… Sorry

[quote quote=54237]I’m trying to get this to work with Trick Shot since its a much better build for MM. But I don’t see where I would replace sidewinders with Arcane shot anywhere. Can you offer some help or post the macro you’re currently working on with trickshot so I can mess around a bit?
Disregard… Sorry
[/quote]

Trick Shot is better when you are manually playing. For GSE2 macros this is currently the best it gets. We have been trying hard to get a True Aim + Trick Shot build to pull its SIM numbers but so far its just not happening. I started a thread all about it so feel free to contribute there:

Trick Shot thread

[quote quote=54196]Is there a way to disable the auto target?
[/quote]

Click on the “options” button in Gnome Sequencer. Enable(check-mark) the option that says “Require a target to use”. Now your macros will do absolutely nothing when pressed until you target something.

Click on the “options” button in Gnome Sequencer. Enable(check-mark) the option that says “Require a target to use”. Now your macros will do absolutely nothing when pressed until you target something.

Noice, lesson for the day learnt TY.

What we should use to kill the ball in this week’s keystone? The aimed shot is too slow to do that.

How do you set the click rate for a corsair mouse? I have a scimitar pro and can’t find anything on it.

Old but seems to still work

Sequences['MM'] = {
  Author="TM",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1133111",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Hunter_FocusedAim',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Trueshot",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot",
      PostMacro={
        "/use Draenic Agility Potion",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=54196]I haven’t tried this new macro yet but the last one was a lot of fun. So thanks for taking the time to make it and tweak it.
Thanks Randy
[/quote]

I am using the following in the keypress, although I’m not sure if it needs to be in the pre-macro, I don’t know the difference. Basically, it determines whether you are in a group or not and targets if you are soloing or assists your focus if you’re in a group (I typically focus the tank). It also turns of growl if you’re in a group and sets misdirection on your focus or your pet if you are soloing.

/targetenemy [nogroup,noharm,dead]
/assist [@focus,group,noharm,dead]
/petattack [@target,harm,nogroup]
/petassist [@focus,group,noharm,dead]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection

Hope this helps.

[quote quote=54321]How do you set the click rate for a corsair mouse? I have a scimitar pro and can’t find anything on it.
[/quote]

You probably have found out by now, sorry I’ve been very preoccupied. Make sure you are on “advanced” settings then there will be a spanner down on the right for advance macro stuff. Corsair have probably the worst interface for this sort of thing but the fact you can set a variable click rate makes up for it. Less likely to be picked up for BOT behaviour IMO.

how do I make it so it doenst use trinkets when doing trash

[quote quote=55269]how do I make it so it doesn’t use trinkets when doing trash
[/quote]
The macro does not know the difference between trash and anything else. The only thing I can think of is to deselect trinkets from being used by GS-E, then make a separate macro that you manually execute to use those trinkets.

Such a macro would read:

/use 13
/use 14

“Click Rate:
100ms (I use 90-150ms variable via Corsair)”

What do you mean here, is this having your keyboard auto click for you? I thought that is bannable.

AHK is allowed

Auto clicking through Auto Hot Keys is allowed? I’ll pass.

@Rose1

[quote quote=56425]Auto clicking through Auto Hot Keys is allowed? I’ll pass.
[/quote]
It is not clicking on it’s own, you have to hold down the key, basically it just repeats the key press. If you don’t hit a key it won’t do anything.