9.1 Arms Raid/Mythic+

No, the only thing I would say needs a tune is Rend but I think that will depend on the users latency and gear. People will probably complain about it but I manage to adjust it myself. I may end up putting it on a mod to keep from wasting any rage.

1 Like

@Kelsey_Smith Iā€™m seeing better DPS overall, but still not getting as many Mortal Strikes as Iā€™d like. Deep Wounds uptime needs to be really high and mine is too low. Iā€™m wondering about your suggestion for Rend, or if even taking the Massacre talent would be better? I think Iā€™m going to play around with prioritizing Mortal Strike over Execute, and even make an Execute phase macro as a companion for this. I could see a mod where you get into the Execute phase and hold CTRL to trigger the execute phase macro rotation instead of the main rotation.
Anything special youā€™re doing to ensure the uptime is higher on those abilities?

I am basically monitoring them and manually firing them off if the situation calls for it. I really like your idea about 2 other macros to complement the main macro because we only have three scenarios we will ever face; Single target, Multi-target, and Execute phase. I think rend needs to stay but I think we will be running out of mods, 1. It would work best on a Mod. 2. It probably doesnā€™t need to be in the multi target macro as we could spend rage on other AOE based skills. 3. I donā€™t know if the program supports more than three mods. Best case I would like to have these mods;

Rend, Call AOE macro, Call Execute macro, Sweeping Strikes, Bladestorm, Ancient Aftershock
6 mods is a bit much for most people on top of having 3 macros to create and import. I like to min max as much as possible but that would take so much effort on your part. I like the macro and I will do more looking into top logs to see what they are doing during Execute phase.

1 Like

If I would have to say put focus on something, I would say single target and worry about AOE later.

1 Like

@Kelsey_Smith made some minor adjustments today and uploaded a new version. Tested it out in a full clear of Sanctum on normal and a +13 Spires. Very happy with the results.

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™m logging in now I will test away!

Iā€™m still conflicted and Iā€™m going to do more research. I just ran a +10 with another arms war he was 217 ilvl and I am 231 ilvl, I pulled 5.5k overall and he pulled 4.8k overall, I feel like the gap should have been much larger than .7k for almost a 15 ilvl difference, not to mention he didnā€™t have any gems or enchants on.

I am going to play around with putting Mortal Strike on a Mod key so I can ensure it fires off when I need it plus when I have two stacks of Overpower. I noticed a few times it fired off with no stacks of overpower and times it was refreshing the overpower stacks without casting Mortal strike first.

Is it just me or is this being super difficult to tune?!?

@Kelsey_Smith Nahā€¦ GSE is really great, but it does make it hard to have ā€œconditionalā€ firing off spells. For example, only fire Mortal Strike if Overpower has a stack - that doesnā€™t exist to my knowledge. I donā€™t think anything is a replacement for full manual control, but for those of us who like to mash a single button, it really helps.

Iā€™m still seeing issues with Rend casting early too despite my efforts to prevent it from doing so. I have decided to go back to using it manually. Macro updated and seeing my highest DPS yet now. Thanks for helping me test this and being patient through all the changes.

I keep adjusting my UI so that I can easily hit Overpower/Mortal Strike/Execute when they proc.

Hey,

Iā€™m quite new to this, how do I update the macro to version 2 so it has all the latest updates?

thank you

@oly182 youā€™ll need to open gse and go to the ā€œconfigā€ section for the macro. There you can select the default version to use in different scenarios.

Thank you, great macro keep it up ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this would work as /castsequence has issues at times, but would something akin to the following work:

/castsequence [nochanneling,combat,exists] reset=combat Overpower, Overpower, Mortal Strike

1 Like

@thx10050 Iā€™ll take a look.

1 Like

After another weekend of testing, Iā€™m pretty happy with where this is for both Single-Target & AOE uses. Iā€™ve updated my original post and included some other helpful tips on my setup. If you have questions please let me know.

@Kelsey_Smith last update for awhile :crazy_face:

1 Like

Macro updated today based on some SIMs and slight changes to talents.

1 Like

@Anchors, thank you for the hard work. After hours of testing in real world and on dummies I have come to the conclusion that with the current ā€œBISā€ talents that make the arms war S tier for raiding canā€™t be automated as Iā€™m sure you have realized as well because you took rend out of the rotation and opted to self cast.

I donā€™t think its possible to achieve anywhere close to the potential of the spc/talents with gse, most of the abilities would need to be monitored and self cast.

Spirit broken ā€¦ re-rolling.

@Kelsey_Smith I do agree with that. Iā€™m finding it really hard to reach the same level of similarly geared players in other logs when I look at wowanalyzer.com - that being said, I donā€™t think I expect GSE to ā€œget thereā€ but I look at it more like an ā€œeasy buttonā€ for some players.

My best results are always playing manual, but even then I canā€™t come close to Top 100 performance. Iā€™m struggling to see how I can possibly cast 2x-3x more mortal strikes and overpowers in most battles.

If you have any tips, please let me know!

Isnā€™t the warbreaker talent bugged?

I havenā€™t heard such a thing about it being bugged and nothing shows up on a search about it. :thinking:

1 Like

It is bugged, at least in a sense - the leggo Enduring Blow will apply Colossus Smash to your target and your natural Colossus Smash will extend itā€™s duration but Warbreaker will over-ride it so picking this talent is actually a dps loss because of that.