Affliction Seed

EDIT 12/23/17: OMG EVERYTHING NEW! SO MUCH NEW!

Wither and waste away your foes by turning their own souls against them. Their agony is your triumph.

Sequences['EX_Affliction_Seed'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exlynn@Perenolde",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "3112213",
  Help = [[Run at 80ms, 100ms, or manually.
Hold ALT for Seed of Corruption
Hold SHIFT Drain Soul]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=8,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack",
        "/use [mod:alt] Seed of Corruption",
        "/use [mod:shift] Drain Soul",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use [nochanneling] Reap Souls",
        "/use [nochanneling] Life Tap",
      },
        "/use [nopet,combat] Summon Doomguard",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Agony, Corruption, Drain Soul, Agony",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Seethe",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Burning Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Seethe",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Burning Presence",
      },
    },
  },
}

This macro focuses on the up-time of your most important dots, filling in the downtime with powerful Drain Soul. Since target switching and multi-dotting are the hallmarks of the Affliction spec, this macro prioritizes your ability to do just that, all while keeping your mobility options open.

Macro Notes
This macro uses talent choices that are designed to work best in all situations. Other talents, such as Writhe in Agony or Death’s Embrace have been passed over in favor for a more solid kit whatever you are doing, eliminating the need for talent changes. This means you might find better numbers by choosing these talents, but only in certain situations, and will experience an overall loss of DPS compared to my setup.

I have also designed this macro to be spammed at 80ms, 100ms, or manually tapped.

If you find yourself low on health, hold ALT and spend a cycle Draining Soul. In an AoE encounter, hold ALT after some dots.

Talents and Explanation
Malefic Grasp – Our new stand-out talent. While Writhe in Agony has some merit in council or AoE fights, Malefic Grasp has superior targeted DPS. It also reduces your ramp up time, will pops Seeds of Corruption faster, and can help generate Soul Shards.

Contagion – I go back and forth on this, but for the moment I’m suggestion Contagion. You will see some loss of DPS if you aren’t on your Unstable Affliction casts, but if you can keep it up, this is the way to go.

(Your Choice) – Choose what you prefer. Demonic Circle is my choice.

Sow the Seeds – The difference of DPS between Soul Harvest and Phantom Singularity is really not all that much. As a CD SH isn’t that great. As a dot PS is even worse. Sow the Seeds, however, will benefit greatly in an AoE situation and since that’s most of our encounters it should be taken.

(Your Choice) – Choose what you prefer. Burning Rush is my choice.

Grimoire of Supremacy – This is your versatility. Both the Doomguard and Infernal beat the other talents here in Single Target and AoE, respectively. Speccing into this talent not only utilizes that DPS, but allows you to adjust between ST and AoE by choosing the pet instead of the talents. The macro will replace your Doomguard should he die or disappear, but will allow you to have your pet of choice out if you’re running something else. The AoE macro will summon your Infernal if you don’t already have a pet out or it dies.

Soul Conduit – With the changes to macro and its flow it should make better use of Soul Conduit’s shard production. As a result it produces better DPS than either of the other talents in this tier. Extra resources are never a bad thing and help keep the macro running smoothly.

Known Issues

1. RNG - Unstable Affliction/Shard use can be a bit random. This evens out over longer fights, but can be an issue in short ones.

DPS Numbers
Giving my numbers, in most cases, is not helpful. You will have different gear, different Artifact talents, or different buffs. Instead, I sim my character and attempt to get my macros as close to “Expert” level numbers as possible, which should translate accurately for everyone. Right now, this macro is now within 6% of “Expert” level sims.

BONUS – ADDONS
Advanced Interface Options (POSSIBLE DPS INCREASE)
Users have reported that by installing this addon and unchecking the item “Secure Ability Toggle” you will see a DPS increase. Your mileage may vary.

Weak Auras – Enslave Demon Timer
If you have Weak Auras and would like to have a handy timer for an enslaved demon, import this code.

Import:
dOtceaGAQk0Uuv8AQkAMcuZwHBsvj)svs9njYTfXoHQ9s2Tk7xi)uGmmf53u60qgQsyWc1WvfhuvIplHJHQohvv1cfqlLQkTyLulhLhQK8uWYePNlQjsvPMkftgkth5IkrxvvLll11L0gfupwPSzQY2vQ(OQK8xuX0uuFxvQrsvvgNay0uvW4vv6Kcq3IQkUMe15rLEMGCyQSnvvT4Lras48H(ZxEwqwq6N0pPFMfKiataMmc(gKNxUjHp9zAAIpnDQ0ui(0Yc4gKNxUjHpxEsGN9OWdxrwqq)mbhq8LcQ52yTdc9OafS2XwzhwMmcNxHdaF6m)8u5P50s)59Fi55NYZcpvHdWCPsH(ppnnp)pLFY)YZpLlj8qcNxKGH1HjJaYn6JKrqsDqizejsagYZdTvhexzeKuhesgrIeWSJwgbj1bHKrKibp7pKB0hjJGK6GqYisKap3gHSNmcsQdcjJircyUTwgbj1bHKrKircyDbYEgUpTaxL5w7ycqhI4SztEgn1ycNxa1FPkRfSCS)lGrXVAyZzbu)LcBpsWctum4UCumUJXSVfqOKMf2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFladL9X6TrO9wGBme42i0EByOIIM5llwl8jbedvu0mzeSvZKnHJpGWAbekPXeyFFbDdUkqb1drcEAsqn3CYp9gYdTXPEisRfCUKolJW5fS8Yd3Ehf77oXEcpvWk7rm7ik(3H1omrcW61vppd3NwG)EXV(k8VGfjaRZBccBzrXeZT5t0vefZ1wzrXx)okM6KhlZX4gf7Xq9H9rqMCB(mh2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFlWHHHiK9Cdoedvu0SSmcNxgbedvu0mzeqCFAbzYr1SG6179rcCvYkO37JeSYEyiczVSGCDDV3hTG1EOVcGfldoyb1CZPEisbkixx379rq1Zd9vaNvVagoG5f)AeuZnh)5YlAsbkOEisWZWXTzIeupIHkkAMmIejsactWYlpC79RxzpIzhcUAIHHkkAww4PIe4KrWYlpC7DuSV7e7jC(q)5lplyL9iMDef)7WAhMWtdvkTuirc2fo)CkVija

Hi :slight_smile:

again a great job:-) waht would u put AHK on this??

[quote quote=38154]Hi ???
again a great job:-) waht would u put AHK on this??
[/quote]

80 should be good.

If this is anything like your Demonology one, it’s going to be the shit.

Seems to be the current best Affliction macro.

I may be overthinking it, but I haven’t played Affliction much.

Do I target and spam until the target has the 3 DOTs (Agony, Corruption, UA) and then tab to a new target and repeat?

Runs real smooth, just not sure I’m using it correctly.

[quote quote=38188]I may be overthinking it, but I haven’t played Affliction much.
Do I target and spam until the target has the 3 DOTs (Agony, Corruption, UA) and then tab to a new target and repeat?
Runs real smooth, just not sure I’m using it correctly.
[/quote]

Depends on your aim at the moment.

For single target, just spam away.

For 2 or 3 targets, dot at least Agony, Corruption, and Siphon Life on each target, and keep all three up. Choose one to focus on for your Unstable Afflictions and Drain Souls.

For 4+ targets, Seed of Corruption the biggest one, dot them up, then continue to spam Seed. If there are multiple meaty targets, dot of a second and third, but keep spamming Seeds until down to 3 or less.

Don’t be discouraged by your DPS if mobs are dying fast, Affliction is all about maintaining dots. You’ll melt faces if things live longer than a few seconds.

Thank you Enix, again a great macro & and explanation! I am a absolutely noob Warlock, so excuse this question please - for what i need to keep up “Life Tap” at all targets? It restores the mana. Can i use it only once per target , than it will make sense ofc. Ok…you mean “Siphon life” - got it :slight_smile:
But do you using this macro for multi dotting too, or do you have a seperate dot macro?

[quote quote=38240]Thank you Enix, again a great macro & and explanation! I am a absolutely noob Warlock, so excuse this question please – for what i need to keep up “Life Tap” at all targets? It restores the mana. Can i use it only once per target , than it will make sense ofc. Ok…you mean “Siphon life” – got it ??? But do you using this macro for multi dotting too, or do you have a seperate dot macro?
[/quote]

You are right, wrong ability. Siphon Life, for all the tasty HPs.

Nope, same macro. It will always prioritize Agony, Corruption, and Siphon Life on every new target before doing anything else.

Great macro, only problem I have is if you are between mobs and have no soul shards it will cast agony, siphon life from pre-macro than immediately cast them again.

[quote quote=38257]Great macro, only problem I have is if you are between mobs and have no soul shards it will cast agony, siphon life from pre-macro than immediately cast them again.
[/quote]

This is true, and it’ll also do it if you’re moving around too much. But at the moment I’m not seeing that as necessarily a bad thing. You are at least refreshing a dot before you reposition or wait for Agony to tick and refill a shard.

The biggest issue I’m running into is that Singularity, though powerful, has a very large radius and will argo mobs you aren’t engaged with. This gets to be an issue in Mythics. Might have to look into Soul Conduit instead, but I’ll wait until after the patch.

can someone make this macro into a (MouseOver) macro as well for us that prefer mouse over instead of targeting. and also make sure it does not tab target for you as well. Thanks very Much.

Merry Christmas! Or happy holidays, if you prefer.

Either way, I come bearing a gift.

Grab the macro in the OP. Note the talents and the gameplay change. This will net you a significant DPS increase in both single target and AoE situations, though more so for ST. So significant that I am consistently performing over what sims for my character are projecting. You should see a 15 to 20K increase in ST DPS.

Please note that Corruption is no longer permanent, so mind that when you’re dotting. Agony is now the most important dot you will need to maintain. This macro will do that for you, but be aware of the change.

If you are a fan of pets, you can spec into Grimoire of Supremacy for an additional boost, but you will have to remove Summon Doomguard from the macro. Personally I prefer the more well-rounded Grimoire of Sacrifice for the more constant DPS in both ST and AoE.

As always, please let me know if this works for you or if you experience any issues.

Hey guys,
I’m read and watched manuals how GSE is working. But after 30 min of trying to paste this macro in GSE I understood that I have another version of GSE (downloaded thru curseclient).
Could you explain how to copy this macros in GSE?
Thank You!

Small update to make it more likely that Unstable Affliction will dump most to all of your shards. Yields more DPS, especially if you have Power Cord of Lethtendris.

[quote quote=38389]Hey guys, I’m read and watched manuals how GSE is working. But after 30 min of trying to paste this macro in GSE I understood that I have another version of GSE (downloaded thru curseclient). Could you explain how to copy this macros in GSE? Thank You!
[/quote]

Best way is to probably import this in sections with the in-game editor. Copy in between Premacro to ]] and post into in the premacro area. Then copy the body and paste in the middle. Lastly copy and paste the postmacro.

[quote quote=38404]

Hey guys, I’m read and watched manuals how GSE is working. But after 30 min of trying to paste this macro in GSE I understood that I have another version of GSE (downloaded thru curseclient). Could you explain how to copy this macros in GSE? Thank You!

Best way is to probably import this in sections with the in-game editor. Copy in between Premacro to ]] and post into in the premacro area. Then copy the body and paste in the middle. Lastly copy and paste the postmacro. [/quote]

Thank You!

Fixed my issue thanks for a great macro :slight_smile:

The new macro is PERFECT! I am switching from demo to affli and back once a while…cant figure out what i like more ^^ Both macros are great! Thank you Sir !

Thought i would share a more recent updated screenshot on how this performs when i was in EN.

I am using a mix of the original macro posted here which i am using for ST. I am not using Siphon Life in my talent build however, instead i am playing with Sow The Seeds more for AoE. Also playing with Absolute Corruption.

I am then playing with 3 line macro that only casts Phantom, Seed of Corruption and Agony.

This is what i was then able to pull at 840:

Came 4th and always in the top 8