Affliction Seed

[quote quote=40271]Just ran HoV.
Everything melted with this macro!
I removed the pet code and ran with the sacrifice talent.
I removed the /targetenemy line, as for me at the mo, GSE2 seems to be bugged on the ‘require target’.
Apart from the annoying ‘i need a target’ voice spamming me, the instance went very well.
Was top dps, and all i did was dot everything i saw.
Macro is butter.
[/quote]

Hi Andy

Can you share your macro if you don’t mind.

Cheers Ural.

I just removed the following lines from the EX_Aff_GSE2:

“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
“/cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Summon Doomguard”,

Took the sacrifice talent.
Then just ran autohotkey, went into dungeon and just clicked every mob that was pulled by tank.
Throw in some seeds and boom, butter everywhere!

Still dont know why its just me having the auto target problem though…

Just ran Darkheart Thicket.

Butter!!!

/hug

Talents stay the same with the little nerf to MG?

[quote quote=40455]Talents stay the same with the little nerf to MG?
[/quote]

Accordingly with maths and simulations, SE+WiA is only 3% above MG+SC even after the nerf, so it is just your playstyle/preference.

[quote quote=40455]Talents stay the same with the little nerf to MG?
[/quote]

[quote quote=40482]

Talents stay the same with the little nerf to MG?

Accordingly with maths and simulations, SE+WiA is only 3% above MG+SC even after the nerf, so it is just your playstyle/preference. [/quote]

Not worth the tinkering.

But, they slipped in some Siphon Life and Sow the Seeds tweaks to the talent tier I’m looking at now is T4.

So, actually, let me ask you guys:

Do you prefer having an extra dot for single and multi-dotting DPS (plus healing), or an AoE talent that puts a Seed on 3 targets?

To give you an idea- Siphon Life will do about as much as Corruption (untalented) does. As a dot on one/two/three targets it’s back up to being pretty important. However, Sow the Seeds puts 3 Seeds in an AoE situation (and if you cast Seed again before they pop, they infect 3 new targets). In a case where there are a lot of AoE targets, this makes monster DPS, but becomes a little more niche. It takes 2 1/2 Seeds exploding once to equal one full run of Siphon Life (15 seconds).

So, as soon as you can explode 3 Seeds, which is one cast with Sow the Seeds, it outpaces Siphon Life. I see this happening in Mythics and Heroics a lot. But only in 3+ situations.

So the question boils down to: Do you want a 1/2/3 target dot that takes 15 seconds to matter? Or a 2.1 second cast time and a second or so delay to do the same damage on 3+ targets?

Enix Could you please check your Gse2 macro please ? I think something is wrong with code i think its not working :frowning:

[quote quote=40492]Enix Could you please check your Gse2 macro please ? I think something is wrong with code i think its not working ???
[/quote]

Don’t import the entire block. There’s two macros there.

Those of you looking to help test, here are some GSE2 macros with Siphon Life back in. One for ST/Multi, the other for AoE. I’ve only just started testing, so no idea how these work compared the OP macros. Please report back with which set seems better. I’m guessing this will do only a little better for bosses and such, and way worse for AoE, netting an overall loss.

Sequences['EX_Aff_SL'] = {
  Author="Exlynn@Perenolde",  
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "31?1?13",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/affliction-singularity/",
  Help = "Run at 80ms",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Summon Doomguard",
        "/use [mod:alt] Drain Soul",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction, Reap Souls",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Sequences['EX_Aff_AoE_SL'] = {
  Author="Exlynn@Perenolde",  
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "31?1?13",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/affliction-singularity/",
  Help = "AoE - Run at 80ms",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence Seed of Corruption, Seed of Corruption, Seed of Corruption, Agony, Life Tap",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

i get about 250 - 270k dps with the singel target macro, (i use my doomguard) am i doing something wrong, (item lvl878)

[quote quote=40504]i get about 250 – 270k dps with the singel target macro, (i use my doomguard) am i doing something wrong, (item lvl878)
[/quote]

Are you geared for haste or something? Also, on what? A dummy? A boss?

93% mastery
25% haste
17% crit
34k intelect

on training dummy (raid) i get about 300k dps
in mythic+ dungeons i get overall dmg 260 and on bosses around 300

[quote quote=40517]93% mastery 25% haste 17% crit 34k intelect
on training dummy (raid) i get about 300k dps in mythic+ dungeons i get overall dmg 260 and on bosses around 300
[/quote]

Despite your item level, you have less mastery than me (101.41), higher haste than me (18.57), and more crit (11.16). We have the same Int. I’m only 859 ilvl. Stat wise I am better suited for Affliction, which is Mastery. My DPS is around 280k ST.

This is why I say sim your character and aim for whatever number that shows. It’s never as cut and dry as ilvl or DPS.

I mean this one is not working. I think some codes are missing

Sequences['EX_Aff_GSE2'] = {
  Author='Exlynn@Perenolde',
  SpecID=265,
  Help='Run at 80ms',
  Helplink="https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/affliction-singularity/",
  Talents="3,1,?,2,?,1,3",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, null",
      },
      "/castsequence [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction, Reap Souls",
      "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat  Agony, Corruption, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
    }
  }
}

according to simcraft it sez 372k dps, so i should be able to deal 70k more dps wise

[quote quote=40521]I mean this one is not working. I think some codes are missing
[/quote]

Import successful. Maybe change the sequence name? I just renamed it to test since I already have this macro and it imported just fine.

[quote quote=40522]according to simcraft it sez 372k dps, so i should be able to deal 70k more dps wise
[/quote]

Then I’d need help in seeing where your DPS is falling off and if it’d be some fix in the macro. Are you dumping too many Unstable Afflictions so you’re not able to get the benefit of Draining Soul on them? Is it not casting a dot? Are you talented the same way I’m suggesting?

yes i am tallented the way you recomend, what i have noticed is that it seem to dump Unstable Affliction aslong as i have soulshards, also it seems that it uses corruption and Agony to often, but im not 100% sure about it. only played afliction for a day or so

It might have to do with your haste. It’s not significantly high, but might be enough to clip dots too early. If your DPS doesn’t increase from just playing, I’ll see if I can balance that more.

Just a suggestion, I might be wrong though!

Since the macro uses contagion over AC, spam UA is no longer a priority, I’d swap around the lines like that:

PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/reset  Agony, Corruption, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Reap Souls",
 PostMacro={

This should avoid Agony (at least) to drop off and vanish the all the stacks piled and keep always at least 1 stack of UA on the target.
Also, you can remove the dots premacro line, since reset=combat/target should do the job
I’ve also added an extra Drain Soul, because is more damage overall.

Again this is just a suggestion, your job is awesome :wink:

so i just coppy the lines and put them in the same macro that i already have but i put your line in the Pree macro square???