Affliction warlock 8.01

The problem is likely the fact that GSE now tries to merge an already existing macro with a new macro, if the name matches. Delete the old macro entirely, and reimport this one.

ok number 1 i can get to work at about 2.5 burst overall 1800 , macro 2 cant seem to get to work at all for some reason

This macro is good. It works flawless. You just have to swap talents if you do raid or dungeon. If you dont change it wont work.
This due to ppl seem to not look what the description says and figure this out.
Talents for Macro1 is 2123132 Macro2 2322132.
Because the macro is setup like this and will change auto depending what you do its wise to have som tomes for swapping out talents in your bags.

well thanks Borlandā€¦ that simplifies thingsā€¦ im not dense but i just didnt get this easy fix from the start. I misinterpreted everyones clue except yoursā€¦ I didnt realize it would change automatically and the trick was just changing you buildā€¦and watching the video i was changing stuff and all. again thanksā€¦ :wink:

Hello,

As many before me have explained, this macro hangs after one rotation.

Also, it will not channel Drain Soul, as it interrupts itself right after attempting to channel it.

The only thing this does after one rotation is wait for an opportunity to cast another Unstable Affliction. I have watched your video in its entirety, double-checked all the talents, tried removing the mods, completely re-installed GSE from scratch, confirmed all the Configuration settings were correct as per your video and posts, deleted the ā€œ2ā€ macro sequence, and even re-confirmed that all the ā€œ1ā€ sequences were chosen - even as Default Version. I then re-tried all of the above with a fresh game and addon install - a process that took nearly an hour - to no avail.

I suspect something is wrong with the macro interrupting Drain Soul, but I am not 100% sure.

I can tell you that you are doing something wrong, i have tested this macro in dungeons and raids, it doesnt hangout, its up to you research what you are doing wrong.

when using different talents in a macro. did you try something like

/castsequence [nochanneling, talent:2/3] reset=combat/target  Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Unstable Affliction, Shadow Bolt
/castsequence [nochanneling, notalent:2/3] reset=combat/target  Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Unstable Affliction, Shadow Bolt

first cast sequence i have the talent Siphon Life, and in the second line i use one of the other two talents from row 2

if not using siphon life it will ignore the first sequence and use the 2nd one instead.

I am completely confident that I am using it properly. I have been using macros since 2006, and I have used Gnome Sequencer most of that time. I have no issues with other macros I use, and I watched your video to completion multiple times. I am not trying to disagree with you about its efficacy - I want it to work, and I am willing to research why it doesnā€™t; however, given the many posts here with the same issue, one would think to be slightly less dismissive (e.g. ā€œyou are doing something wrongā€). We are a community after all!

On that note, do you ever have trouble channeling Drain Soul? Maybe something is set wrong globally (as in, in my settings of GSE) and not particularly with the macro? I remember a few weeks ago Drain Soul would finish channeling, but now it is cut the next time the macro is pressed.

Is this being spammed in what MS?

This macro is not working and I am confident as well on how I use GSE macros. Both versions are wonky at best.

Itā€™s working fine for meā€¦ Perhaps you arenā€™t as good at GSE as you think

Just tested works fine for me as well. Doesnā€™t hang up or cancel DS at all. at raid dummy I was at 2297 dps using the 2 macro and spec Crit 21% Hast 30% Mast 89% .

copy and paste is hard :slight_smile:

Ahh yes, the inevitable insulting post that contributes nothing to the discussion.

Of course, why didnā€™t I think to copy and paste?! /s

Well Iā€™m not sure what else to say here - seems the rest of us arenā€™t having any trouble yet you areā€¦

For anyone else going through this issue. CTR-1 in the pet bar prevented all ctl related script. I went from removing keyboard, to running a sfc /scannow on my computer to resetting default key binds.

Once I changed the ctr1 to something else everything started working again.

Hmm, it seems like there are twelve people having trouble. (See trailing quotes.) That means that the rest of you ARE having some trouble. Thanks again for contributing nothing! /s

(1) ā€œI canā€™t seem to get it to work past Siphon Life.ā€
(2) ā€œThis macro hung on me after 1 rotationā€
(3) ā€œNot working for me
(4) ā€œhangs after one rotation.ā€
(5) ā€œDots up, 3 x unst afll and and hangs.ā€
(6) ā€œit aint even working no more.ā€
(7) ā€œSame problem here like lk lk has.ā€
(8) ā€œIt just hangsā€
(9) ā€œI have same problem the other 2 guys here haveā€¦ It works if i can change target, then it starts to dot agony and corruptionā€¦ But when fighting a world boss single target it just wants to unstable affliction all the time after 1 rotation.ā€
(10) ā€œIt does hang for me, on occasion, waiting for a Soul Shard to come back, but not often.ā€
(11) ā€œmacro 2 cant seem to get to work at all for some reasonā€
(12) ā€œThis macro is not working and I am confident as well on how I use GSE macros. Both versions are wonky at best.ā€

I understand the frustration but no need to take it personal or go after someone. Everyone has always been helpful in the forums. If this macro is not working try one of the others.

The reason I told you I wasnā€™t having any problems was so you could take a look at what you are doing and possibly figure it out. I simply copied and pasted the original macro and it works fine for me - no hangups or problems at all. Iā€™m not the only one not having any problems at all either so perhaps you guys that are having problems can talk amongst yourselves.