ARCANE BFA 8.0x

Anyone using this in mythics? how is it performing?

personally I havent, my mage on live is not yet 120, I am curious also as Arcane was stealth nerfed recently

personally I havent, my mage on live is not yet 120, I am curious also as Arcane was stealth nerfed recently

Saw a mage in my guild when I was on a run pulling 6k with arcane looked impressive but my self I not used it

Been using this on my Arcane Mage. I’m ilevel 309 and pulling about 5K in heroics and in the times I can AOE trash in bulk the DPS is crazy. This is definitely the easiest and most lazy macro, I keep Evo on a separate button, and you can literally bleed your mana down to nothing and Evo will top it off on one channel. Something I did notice with BFA, when you Evo you can be moving and it doesn’t stop your channeling which is a Godsend! Great macro!

When I gear enough for Mythics, I’ll post my results then.

Hey John,

What is the ms you are using on your spam? .100ms?

Thanks
FHoppe

I just wanted to say this is an amazingly awesome macro! <3

move it to the mains sequence section.
it will then refresh it automatically to

I also want to say thanks for this. I have played frost since BC, with a dabble in fire and arcane around that time. I have almost doubled my dps compared to frost but I need to learn how to survive again playing this spec, lol.

Seems to be working well but I wondered why you are hard casting missiles. Shouldn’t you wait for a proc before casting them?

Yeah, I was wondering the same. Doesn’t seem to work in the way the spec is intended to play.
Tbh Arcane is not that hard to play I use a few convenient macros only.

I use the following macro’s:

Auto recast Barrier out of combat. I might remove PoM at 120, to use it with Arcane Power.
I’m still leveling my mage and it’s useful for now.

Marco1: (gse macro)

/targetenemy [combat,noharm][combat,dead]
/cast [nocombat,nochanneling] Prismatic Barrier
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Pressence of Mind 
/cast [@focustarget,nochanneling][nochanneling,harm]  Arcane Blast

Marco2: (normal macro)

/cast [@focustarget][nochanneling,harm]  Arcane Missiles

Marco3: (normal macro)

/cast [@focustarget,nochanneling][nochanneling,harm] Arcane Barrage

Marco4: (normal macro) (Aoe)

/castsequence [@focustarget,nochanneling][nochanneling,harm] reset=combat Arcane Barrage, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion

Edit:
Using these talents:
Arcane Mage Talents - Example

Hi John, thanks for the macro.

Ive been using this macro in mythic 0 dungeons at 120 with 335 gear level, its been achieving 7k DPS for me using 110ms.
Started using the evocate manually though as something in the macro would sometimes interrupt it whilst it was channeling.
Ive never played an arcane mage before so this was handy :slight_smile:

This is due to the level 30 talent Slipstream

Hey all,

any updates or modifications on this macro?
@lordgimpet (John Mets): Meanwhile reached level 120?

can u update this for gse code?

Does this hold up to actual DPS in dungeons etc if you just keep spamming the macro it’s on?
Apologies if this is a noob question.

Small request, would it be possible to put a date next to updated when a macro is updated ?

I have macros for every class and like to see if the one I have is updated ( i put dates next all my macros).

no updates as of yet as I haven’t gotten back to my mage yet, and despite people saying a burn/conserve phase is the way to go Im still dpsing better with what I have posted. once my monk and rogue are 120 this is next on my list.

Do we go by the talents listed in the description? Or by the talents listed in the macro? Cause the ST macro lists the talents as 331111 and the AoE one lists the talents as 331121 and the talents listed here say 331121.