Assassin 8.0

bump

[quote quote=62179]1
#62179REPLY | QUOTE |
I’m not sure how everyone is getting such huge numbers with this macro. As it sits right now I am reapplying Garrote and Rupture with, most of the time, over 50% left on the duration. I am dropping WELL below my manual DPS. I have tried firing this manually, and over a range of 20ms-120ms, all with the same result.

I must be missing something huge with this. Why am I refreshing DoTs while they have so much time remaining and what can I do to fix this?

edit:

I got a 25% DPS increase by adding the following:
/cast [mod:alt] Garrote
/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Vanish, Garrote and removing the Garrote spam.

I modified the PreMacro to the following so I dont have to be holding down a modifier to open up:
/cast Shadowstep
/cast Garrote

And I modified the main sequence to:
/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl ….( rest is same )

Basically just hold down Alt when Garrote is ~1s remaining. When I want to use vanish and reapply DoT’s, I hold down control for a second. I have the shoulders, so I added the reset in the sequence so I could time it to reapply rupture as well.

If you dont want to interrupt the sequence when using your vanish/garrote, then just change “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl” to “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat”

I am simming 2865. I am getting about 2100 steady with the modified macro, and about 1100-1200 on the unmodified macro. I am not sure how the unmodified macro is putting out so much DPS for people. It’s reapplying Garrote every 6-7 seconds for me.[/quote]

Im having the same problem as you, my dps floats between 1100 and 1300 with the updated version,

can we have a link to your version?

[quote quote=62212]

1 #62179REPLY | QUOTE | I’m not sure how everyone is getting such huge numbers with this macro. As it sits right now I am reapplying Garrote and Rupture with, most of the time, over 50% left on the duration. I am dropping WELL below my manual DPS. I have tried firing this manually, and over a range of 20ms-120ms, all with the same result.
I must be missing something huge with this. Why am I refreshing DoTs while they have so much time remaining and what can I do to fix this?
edit:
I got a 25% DPS increase by adding the following: /cast [mod:alt] Garrote /castsequence [mod:ctrl] Vanish, Garrote and removing the Garrote spam.
I modified the PreMacro to the following so I dont have to be holding down a modifier to open up: /cast Shadowstep /cast Garrote
And I modified the main sequence to: /castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl ….( rest is same )
Basically just hold down Alt when Garrote is ~1s remaining. When I want to use vanish and reapply DoT’s, I hold down control for a second. I have the shoulders, so I added the reset in the sequence so I could time it to reapply rupture as well.
If you dont want to interrupt the sequence when using your vanish/garrote, then just change “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl” to “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat”
I am simming 2865. I am getting about 2100 steady with the modified macro, and about 1100-1200 on the unmodified macro. I am not sure how the unmodified macro is putting out so much DPS for people. It’s reapplying Garrote every 6-7 seconds for me.

Im having the same problem as you, my dps floats between 1100 and 1300 with the updated version, can we have a link to your version?[/quote]

Linking your armory helps a lot in determining if the issue is a macro problem, a usage problem, or an ilvl problem.

[quote quote=62213]

1 #62179REPLY | QUOTE | I’m not sure how everyone is getting such huge numbers with this macro. As it sits right now I am reapplying Garrote and Rupture with, most of the time, over 50% left on the duration. I am dropping WELL below my manual DPS. I have tried firing this manually, and over a range of 20ms-120ms, all with the same result. I must be missing something huge with this. Why am I refreshing DoTs while they have so much time remaining and what can I do to fix this? edit: I got a 25% DPS increase by adding the following: /cast [mod:alt] Garrote /castsequence [mod:ctrl] Vanish, Garrote and removing the Garrote spam. I modified the PreMacro to the following so I dont have to be holding down a modifier to open up: /cast Shadowstep /cast Garrote And I modified the main sequence to: /castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl ….( rest is same ) Basically just hold down Alt when Garrote is ~1s remaining. When I want to use vanish and reapply DoT’s, I hold down control for a second. I have the shoulders, so I added the reset in the sequence so I could time it to reapply rupture as well. If you dont want to interrupt the sequence when using your vanish/garrote, then just change “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat/ctrl” to “/castsequence [nomod] reset=combat” I am simming 2865. I am getting about 2100 steady with the modified macro, and about 1100-1200 on the unmodified macro. I am not sure how the unmodified macro is putting out so much DPS for people. It’s reapplying Garrote every 6-7 seconds for me.

Im having the same problem as you, my dps floats between 1100 and 1300 with the updated version, can we have a link to your version?
Linking your armory helps a lot in determining if the issue is a macro problem, a usage problem, or an ilvl problem.[/quote]

Sorry new here, but heres my Armory

That was my first solution, but I spent about 2h just testing different variations of the macro over 5m fights and didn’t like my DoT up time, it just gives me too much energy to not have it up.

So your solution 100% for sure works, I just found that adding the small bit of control helped me get more DPS and feel like I wasn’t missing out on a ton.

My solution to the vanish reset isn’t ideal, though, so I wonder if just having the mod call ANOTHER macro is a better idea.

[quote quote=62213]Adzay wrote:

Linking your armory helps a lot in determining if the issue is a macro problem, a usage problem, or an ilvl problem.[/quote]

I will as soon as I can, it was a recent name change and server transfer so I can’t find it on the armory. I am sure it’s partially gear related, I am sitting in mostly the 210s from the catch up quests and 176ish? Warforged stuff from heroics with the leggings shoulders.

My haste may not be high enough to support the “wasted” energy this macro blows through, since the DoT ticks supply energy. The changes I made are more “complicated” to use, but should be a general DPS increase to anyone in any gear level since it allows for more control. It’s by no means perfect, though, and was only possible because of the work you had in this macro.

The more I think about it, though, I am pretty sure the main problem I have with using it would be the lack of haste along with the subsequent energy gains from the extra ticks.

I am averaging about 95% uptime on my Garrote and 99.5% uptime on the rupture when I am manually managing the Garrote.

Hello there,

What legendaries are you using with the ring because when I checked icy veins it says best in slot are footpads and bracers, so just wondering what goes best with your macro. Thank you!

Nevermind I see Abby commented raven and sephuz…thank you!

So in order for me to get this work without AHK or other programs I need to spam the right mouse key…a millon times real fast…LOL…now that fine but I tried to move it to same position #1 on the UI that corresponde to the keyboard to just spam that key but it wont work. Only works by spamming the RMB. Anyway to change that or is that the way the programis written??

I’m struggling my ass off trying to figure out how to add

stealth before going into combat
shadow step to target
then cheap shot/garrot before beginning sequence of mutilates. I like GSE but man what the piss with all the confusion.

Try this
Keypress
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [noform:1, nocombat] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Shadowstep
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot

or mod the opener
/cast [mod:alt] [stealth] Marked for Death
/use [mod:alt] Potion of Prolonged Power
/cast [mod:alt] [stealth] Shadowstep
/cast [mod:alt] [stealth] Cheap Shot

So I’m confused by a few things in the macro. You use talents for cheap shot/kidney shot but those skills are not used in the rotation. If you do it manually you runt he risk of the macro crashing often. Not saying the macro is bad, I have been using it non stop. However, I changed talents to 1111221 just to reflect those.

If I’m doing something wrong please let me know

No not doing anything wrong, this is however a pve macro and that tier of talents is pvp based so doesn’t make a difference which you choose. Sorry only just replied been busy recently.

I will be updating this as soon as I can I’m currently running dungeons to gain gear after an epic race to hit 120 quickly to fix some energy regen issues I have. Once I have done this I will post an updated version. In answer to the people that were having issues with garrote and rupture, I was running in all mythic gear and this macro was made based on the haste/crit that I had and around my gear. If you are having issues with wasted uptime on DoT then you can add mutilates to buffer the time, or if they are dropping off too soon remove them. I stopped updating this after many many tests with Abby in the rogue class hall due to issues with it getting stuck, hopefully now we have had an update those are fixed and I can get this out quickly and fully working. I do have an AoE version Abby has posted it but again after many many tests we did, it was getting stuck on toxic blade so that needs to be removed if it isn’t already in the one she posted.

The macro is great Andrew, keep it up. Thanks for your dedication to it. Awaiting the update when you get around to it.

Here is an updated version of this macro. Please note the talent changes in the macro and also that vendetta is on an alt modifier and vanish is on a shift modifier.

dKt(baWsqL3ss51QcntqvMTiUjPYVqkFJc2js2RYUHQ9l8tsH)IuLFlQbIuXqvLmyQgoPKdQk6YqoMkhNeAHGQAPQkwmjXYHYHj8ujldXZP0ejjnvuzYQQmDPEmi3dPspd46GYgjbTvKQAZKuTDsGttrZcLptIAyKQUTQQMgQA0QsnovLojPO1rICnr68Qc2gf6UKsDoIE34g1T6JgAah9Ew1ZQgfzCR4eji82U6ihbqUvQIuxalPh1T6jS(DgB1NC(ruYptbDGNPYVBvWmXvgHTQ0cbPPQJIKkxPtaHLPpcZAMXTJBu34g1TIgKW2HBqpyuKv0Ge2oCcFk473rbwrdsy7Wv7F(NsIKw7WnipE9JIFfniHTdxT)5FkzFBQERD433uJJkDfniHTTifHHWHqHhogYIA6cL)RIOdp8dqKSWparYc)K8aw4hGizHFaIKfoGyKpLf(bisw4hGizHdig5tzHBqpGf(bisw4hGizHFsEal8dqKSWparYc3GEal8tYdyHFaIKf(bisw4aIr(0vWHE4dkbjSOXTEfCOhEHHS2XTEv1iTuimCO2mJVQqkcdH3MIKvVWq6eqy5XTE1RST1jGWYJB961R0jWHjs0eVrykaH3Mz8b)1R3aaROOK_ASSASS
Talents 1212321

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.07.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Main Sequence: Envenom, Toxic Blade, Mutilate, Vanish, Rupture, Garrote, Vendetta

`

Hi i am first time user of gnome sequencer, how do i set it up to use your macro. sorry i am very new.

type /gse in game to open the gse ui, click import and copy the string of code from here and paste into the box and click import that will pull the macro into gse. then just drag the icon it created next to the macro onto the key that you are going to use for it. As for auto keypress If you use ahk then setup for around 90ms if you use razer synapse than 0.90 and logitech would be 90ms. I cannot advise on how to setup either logitech or ahk as I have a razer keyboard so I use synapse perhaps Abby can help you with that or someone else who uses either of those. If you search the forums i’m sure there are other who have posted how to set either of those up.

Please note the use of modifiers in the macro so you will want to make sure for example if you bind this to the number 1 key that in your keybinds you do not have anything bound to shift-1 or alt-1 or the modifiers will not work as the blizzard ui will always prioritize the keybinds set in game over the ones in the macros.

Thank you so much for the help. i will give this a go