Assassin macro 7.3.2

It’s been 8 months since I posted an update of this macro, with some refinements. way back then it was so close to what Doram posted as we did a wee bit of collaborative work on them just with Talent differences I didn’t bother but have since refined it.

Testing it on a min-maxed 925 rogues would have me sit over 1 mill, due to the gear setup I could vanish and burst past 2 mill but then settle around the 1 mill - 990 K mark in a 3 min window in test dummies.

in heroic raids, performance varied based on fight and how long I can stab boss in the back. as any time you’re attacking any arc facing besides the rear, so front and sides results in about a 200k DPS loss. this applies to Sub rogues as well but not outlaw.

Sequences['Assassin'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=259,
  Talents = "1,1,1 or 3,3111",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Rogue_DeadlyBrew',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [@focus,exists] Tricks of the Trade",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
        "/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [stealth] Shadowstep",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Kingsbane",
        "/cast Garrote",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Mutilate, Rupture, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate",
        "/cast [combat] Vendetta",
        "/cast [combat] Toxic Blade",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Assassination is Mastery>Crit=Vers haste is almost useless

In John we trust. i use many of his macros and when at first i doubt them, he always proves me wrong in building a solid macro

[quote quote=46328]Assassination is Mastery>Crit=Vers haste is almost useless
[/quote]

fair enough only going off Icey veins as a starting point,

I also need to revise it some more im just crazy busy at the moment

That said I have updated the OP having a little more play time with it and removed some silly things like shadow step

It’s been 8 months since I posted an update of this macro, with some refinements. way back then it was so close to what Doram posted as we did a wee bit of collaborative work on them just with Talent differences I didn’t bother but have since refined it.

Testing it on a min-maxed 925 rogues would have me sit over 1 mill, due to the gear setup I could vanish and burst past 2 mill but then settle around the 1 mill – 990 K mark in a 3 min window in test dummies.

in heroic raids, performance varied based on fight and how long I can stab boss in the back. as any time you’re attacking any arc facing besides the rear, so front and sides results in about a 200k DPS loss. this applies to Sub rogues as well but not outlaw.

Sequences['Assassin'] = {
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=259,
  Talents = "1,1,1 or 3,3111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [stealth] Shadowstep",
      },
        "/cast Garrote",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Mutilate, Rupture, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

So, this’d work with 1,2,3,3,1,1,1?

At ilvl 865, I’m stuck around the 150k dps :S

I was actually getting more dps with 2,2,3,3,1,1,1 it seems

[quote quote=55637]I was actually getting more dps with 2,2,3,3,1,1,1 it seems
[/quote]
Add please in your macro for me the ability to PUNCH BLADE and RED FIAL

“/cast [stealth] Shadowstep”,
I removed this but it still casts it any ideas?

As I seem to have an epiphany as of late with some of my macros, below is a beta I am working on that for me at least has me on par with my simmed dps which was a 200k improvement but your results may vary> i post it here so i’m not holding out on you guys keeping all the best macros to myself :stuck_out_tongue:

some things of note however. due to my rogue lacking any Assassination leggos some tuning of the cast sequence may be in order, below is the starter so i recommend testing on a dummy first.

what you need to pay attention to is both rupture and garrote debuffs on dummy, noting when they wear off and when they are refreshed. Ideally you need to aim for them being refreshed just after or when there is a second or less left on the existing dots.
If there is a decent time before re-application you need to remove a set of “Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom” from the sequence, if it is clipping the dots and applying too soon then need to add a set of "Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom do the middle of the castsequence preferably just after an Envenom.

this macro is intended to focus on the cast sequence and will appear to hang ever briefly waiting to cast next inline, this is intentional and is in fact a DPS increase for Ass Rogues. better to wait on energy for that next mutilate instead of doing something else.
It will weave in CDs as needed

Talents, despite what i listed, its personal preference with Master poisoner and elaborate planning, on my rogue EP had higher opening burst and rise and fall more than master poisoner. doin 10 mil
more damage in a 3 min window but DPS was essentially the same. you may get better results with MP

same goes for Deeper Strat and Vigor being feel free to chose what you prefer.

anyhow let me know how it works for you.

Sequences['AssBETA'] = {
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=259,
  Talents = "2233111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=false,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Shadowstep",
        "/cast Garrote",
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Mutilate, Rupture, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate, Garrote",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Working great, one thing tho i took shadow step out as that has had me in trouble before heh and now it seems to take forever to get a garrote on the target,should i put it at the start of macro?

[quote quote=56803]Working great, one thing tho i took shadow step out as that has had me in trouble before heh and now it seems to take forever to get a garrote on the target,should i put it at the start of macro?
[/quote]

possibly, though I cant see how shadowstep would get you in trouble, removing it seems to mess the opener for garrote

you could move the garrote in the cast sequence to the start and hope you have enough energy for it

Shadowstep if it goes of at some bosses will get you killed pretty easy heh

I also go by Icy-Veins when it comes to information regarding the class/spec that I’m trying to learn to play. At least with posted information from there, the people that review and approve of said information are proven top raiders.

Depending on the stat priority, if you’re playing an Assassination rogue, and based on your level 15 Talent and level 90 Talent choices (Master Poisoner/Toxic Blade), the stat importance is 1) Agility, 2) Mastery, 3) Versatility, 4) Critical Strike, 5) Haste. Same with level 15 and level 90 Talent choices (Elaborate Planning/Alacrity- Alacrity being the questionable choice between the level 90 choices), stat importance 1) Agility, 2) Mastery, 3) Versatility, 4) Critical Strike, 5) Haste. And lastly, between Elaborate Planning/Exsanguinate, the stat importance is 1) Agility, 2) Versatility, 3) Critical Strike, 4) Mastery, 5) Haste.

So, in some cases, based upon those 2 level talent choices, Versatility is an important stat, while it seems Haste still ranks at the bottom of choices, so does Mastery and Crit.

Bottom line to this whole post- John Mets- go with what you know, use whatever tools necessary to learn more about the class/spec. Everyone has an opinion as to what’s best and what’s useless. It’s all up to you.

Hey,

I ran this like I said I would as you said it should do more damage - if not the same - as SomeRogue’s VANCLEEF macro.

I ran both the version in the OP as well as the AssBeta version. Both opened 400K less than the VANCLEEF macro. Additionally, this one sustained 300K less than the VANCLEEF.

I ran both for 5 minutes each, both on 10ms as that’s what I currently run VANCLEEF on. Single target and then 3+ targets.

@983 ilvl

what is VANCLEEF macro ?
thx

John, I just tried your first iteration of the LazMac and on a training dummy, I don’t do the Shadostep! I see Cheap Shot going off but no Shadowstep, any ideas as to what could be wrong?

===================
Today I did some boss kills and trash and it does do the shadowstep but its unpredictable. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not. Seems like there needs to be a reset or something in the loop. Seems like it depends on what step the loop is in if it will do a shadowstep the next time, irrespective of the SP cooldown.

Van Cleef Macro