Beast Mastery – 5.1

Thanks to all for providing some macros and Matthew Williams for his version that I tweaked. Let us know how it works for you guys or if you can make it even better post it here.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

You can add your racial ability in between Bestial Wrath line and the Rapid Fire line.

UPDATED December 28, 2012: Arcane sequence changed to reset=5, was blocking Kill Shot to fire off.

I updated this macro recently, it should be the first post of this topic on first page.

Luis, using the new macro:

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath/cast [combat] Rapid Fire/use [combat] 13/use [combat] 14/startattack

Question… Do I need to press the button like I’m having a seizure or is it a progression based, (So mash the hell out of the key, or like once a second??)

[quote quote=5035]Luis, using the new macro:
Question… Do I need to press the button like I’m having a seizure or is it a progression based, (So mash the hell out of the key, or like once a second??)
[/quote]
Hello David, yes mash the hell out of that key!

Ok good, how do use this macro if than more 255 chars???

[quote quote=5129]

Ok good, how do use this macro if than more 255 chars??? [/quote]

Hello André, read this guide for how to do it: (Link)

[quote quote=5141]

André Macahdo wrote: Ok good, how do use this macro if than more 255 chars???
Hello André, read this guide for how to do it: (Link) [/quote]

It’s amazing!!

nice macro m8, but still lacks about 20% from other’s dpsing without macros.

Hello Xorxhs, besides not having Readiness and Stampede, I’m not sure what else is missing. Check if all the abilities are firing off.

Make sure the character has the right reforging/talents/pet/gear/latency/self-buffs/extra buffs? It can be many factors.

If you can make it any better please let us know by posting your own version.

[quote quote=5146]

xorxhs wrote: nice macro m8, but still lacks about 20% from other’s dpsing without macros.
Hello Xorxhs, besides not having Readiness and Stampede, I’m not sure what else is missing. Check if all the abilities are firing off. Make sure the character has the right reforging/talents/pet/gear/latency/self-buffs/extra buffs? It can be many factors. If you can make it any better please let us know by posting your own version. [/quote]

Well, all the abilities,are firing off. As of reforging if hit and exp capped, then crit>mastery>haste. Talents (notmusch to pickup,just the ones you are reffering in your macro) pet(ferocity),gear 484ilvl atm,latency 60ms,self buffs-extra buffs (pots and raid ones). So its about 20% lacking for macroing hunters.

Luis i use ur macro but some things were missing.

one of them was Bestial Wrath not working to me and there was no way to auto cast Focus Fire when proced, so i messed it a bit. if u have way to improve mine that would be awsome

/startattack
/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=3 Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast Bestial Wrath
/castsequence reset=23 focus fire

What is this new command line function you guys are using that has:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,“ability”

how do you determine this 0.3 and all the new 0’s? I see some lines with 1 to as many as 5 “0”'s in it? is this some way to force a priority order into the reset?

Bab i have this variation of yours, for people with blink strike rather than lynx rush.

/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Blink Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=3 Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/castsequence reset=23 Focus Fire
/startattack

i’m pvp so i keep bestial wrath on a separate button for another cc break. other than that, i love yours muchos. cheers,

John

Hey guys, I will check again the macro for those that like Bestial Wrath included. As far as I know everything was working perfect, but I will take a look.

Also I’m not sure why you guys keep putting Focus Fire on the macros, here is a quote from Icy-Veins site:

The DPS difference between using Focus Fire wisely and not using it at all (i.e., having your pet have 5 stacks of Frenzy at all times) is practically non-existant.

So the lazy way is not using it :wink:

[quote quote=5289]Hey guys, I will check again the macro for those that like Bestial Wrath included. As far as I know everything was working perfect, but I will take a look. Also I’m not sure why you guys keep putting Focus Fire on the macros, here is a quote from Icy-Veins site:

The DPS difference between using Focus Fire wisely and not using it at all (i.e., having your pet have 5 stacks of Frenzy at all times) is practically non-existant.
So the lazy way is not using it [/quote]

the only reason for Focus Fire is the haste buff it gives u. cause with more haste the more chances i have to get critical hits if it is high enough. that is the only reason to use it

well seems that sometimes, cant fire kill command or arcane shot. Does this has to do with how fast key is being spammed?

Hello Xorxhs, maybe that could be the case or perhaps your latency could be an issue.
Do not break your finger but do try to spam the key very fast for a bit and watch for what abilities are firing off. An easier way to track abilities is by using a damage meter like Skada and clicking on your own name in the addon it will make it display all the abilities you are using during the encounter.

[quote quote=5361]

xorxhs wrote: well seems that sometimes, cant fire kill command or arcane shot. Does this has to do with how fast key is being spammed?
Hello Xorxhs, maybe that could be the case or perhaps your latency could be an issue. Do not break your finger but do try to spam the key very fast for a bit and watch for what abilities are firing off. An easier way to track abilities is by using a damage meter like Skada and clicking on your own name in the addon it will make it display all the abilities you are using during the encounter. [/quote]

ive been using recount to watch the abilities been used. Seems like top dps hunters, do most damage with Arcane Shot then AutoShot then Glaive Toss,then Serpent sting, while your macro ends up with Autoshot first then Arcane shot, then Serpent sting then Glaive Toss.

Think iwe got it working deasently now

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Focus Fire
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 14
/startattac

any recent updates ?