Beast Mastery – 5.1

im in search for an AOE version of this macro. Any help?

I tested this out when 5.1 was out and used it mostly too. Did quite well. With 5.2 it works just as good so nothing to worry about.

Right now though BM is weak in terms of DPS because of the RNG mechanic of crit. It can do the most DPS, but it can also do the least too.

Right now, as a raid leader I wouldn’t bring a BM Hunter into a raid unless we need some sort of utility (Heal from Spirit Beasts)

[quote quote=5451]Think iwe got it working deasently now

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Focus Fire
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 14
/startattac
[/quote]

I am having trouble with a few things:

Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Lynx Rush are generally sluggish and often seem to fails to fire at all after the first time. Kill Shot never goes off. I will have to watch this entire sequence closer, but in PVE it seems rare (if ever) that they fire off and never in PVP, for sure. Since I don’t keep any of these on AB1 (except Kill Shot), I usually have to click them. :frowning: What would be a good macro that would let me spam it when I see one of the first three (KC, GT and LR) come off CD that could deal with timing/resets of all three?

Focus Glut: I just stop using the macro at all when I am in a focus glut (I.E. after rapid fire and dps burst abiities/items) and instead spam Arcane Shot. If I don’t, I see almost useless Cobra Shots firing off when my focus bar is full or near full and not moving anyway. During this time I have to keep an especially close eye on GT, DB, LR and KC, clicking each as they come up from cd.

Here is what I have on my primary action bar:

1=Macro w/Hunters’s Mark, /petattack & dismount that targets the neartest hostile.
2=Main BM “Rotation” macro listed here on this blog
3=DPS Burst/Blow all CD’s macro
4=Feign Death
5=Disengage Macro
6=Serpent Sting (I could probably get rid of this one, if any)
7=Multi-Shot
8=Silencing Shot
9=Cobra Shot
0=Arcane Shot
-=Misdirect Macro
==Kill Shot

This is the first time since I was a noob that I have found myself clicking so much, but there seems to be SO many abilities I just don’t have room on my primay action bar. I’ve used a n52te 15+ key input device w/directional control and space bar; macro capable for a long, long time found that I can fire off abilities very rapidly. I also use a 6 button programmable gaming mouse. Even so I just don’t have enough buttons at my fingertips to refrain from clicking, anymore.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry I got long winded in that last post! MJ or moderator, please delete it as all I really wanted to ask was if someone could help me make a decent and separate macro that include and would allow me to spam it for Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Lynx Rush when the come off CD. I have been using the most recent version of the BM macro in this thread, and those abilities won’t proc on their own.

Also, someone asked (on page 7 or 8 I think) about the macro I am talking about and why do you use the: “/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush” sequence and how/why do the numbers after the reset work?

Thanks!

[quote quote=6460]Sorry I got long winded in that last post! MJ or moderator, please delete it as all I really wanted to ask was if someone could help me make a decent and separate macro that include and would allow me to spam it for Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Lynx Rush when the come off CD. I have been using the most recent version of the BM macro in this thread, and those abilities won’t proc on their own.
Also, someone asked (on page 7 or 8 I think) about the macro I am talking about and why do you use the: “/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lynx Rush” sequence and how/why do the numbers after the reset work?
Thanks!
[/quote]

look here The /castsequence reset=0.3 0, explanation - Lazy Macros - WoW Lazy Macros

Hello All, Its been a while since I posted. Mainly because the below macro has been working exceptionally well for me. True I get a sore finger from the mashing but I solved that by putting the macro my mouse wheel and now im even lazier.

Anyhow. Prattaling aside the macro now seems to get hung. Easpecially on long fights like a raid boss. I can be spamming away and I can see that nothing is actually happening except for auto shot. If I then switch targets or hit a few other buttons / stop casting then I can start the macro up again. Any ideas? this has worked so well for me id be sad to loose it:

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire
/cast Murder of Crows
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath

The macro looks good to me but there are a few things to diagnose your problem. When this lockup happen are you low on focus? If you are you will only autoshot until you have the focus for the next ability in the sequence.
Secondly put all CD abilities in the macro on the hotbar directly above your main hotbar so you can see if it’s a CD ability making it hang.

For focus lockups you can try the following.

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null

Then just hold alt to regain focus for those few seconds. For a CD wait time just add a Cobra shot or Arcane Shot whatever is applicable. Hope you can get it solved.

No focus issues. Tbh I nevereven thought if that. The macro was oriinally created with lynx rush in mind. I’ve since tweaked it and used it on blink strike and murder of crows.

I’m thinking of changing it again back to blink strike. As this is now a passive talent. It will reduce the length of the macro and the focus requirement for murder.

On heavy movement fights your macro will lockup a lot due to moving. Its better if you use a delay system (0,0,0,0,0,) with each spell in it.

[quote quote=6710]Hello All, Its been a while since I posted. Mainly because the below macro has been working exceptionally well for me. True I get a sore finger from the mashing but I solved that by putting the macro my mouse wheel and now im even lazier.

Anyhow. Prattaling aside the macro now seems to get hung. Easpecially on long fights like a raid boss. I can be spamming away and I can see that nothing is actually happening except for auto shot. If I then switch targets or hit a few other buttons / stop casting then I can start the macro up again. Any ideas? this has worked so well for me id be sad to loose it:

/startattack

/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null<br>
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire<br>
/cast Murder of Crows<br>
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire<br>

[/quote]

Thanks Moon,

Can you give me an example based upon my macro where by the 0,0,0,0,0 is used so i get it right?

Secondly. I Amended the macro last night. Ive now re learnt blink stike. So i was able to take out Murder of crows. It has shortened up the marcro and it didnt freeze once. That was through 2 wings of LFR.

My DPS went up a little also which was nice.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Blink Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/use Kafa Press
/startattack

Hello All.

Just a quick post to update people on the current format of macro i am using. It is an amended long term used by me one that has set me up for over a year now and worked in various guises very well.

I use a spirit pet so the additional heal in there is mainly so i never forget to use it. But its not necessary and will work fine if you remove.

I use blink strike as it is passive.

After the recent patch (5.4) i was always focus starved due to the increased focus cost of arcane shot but I removed one of the arcanes from the list and it seems to now be fine. I have not tested it on a long fight like a boss however so it may need an extra cobra shot in there instead.

I also quite often put concussive shot in there replacing a cobra for example and that really helps along with the spirit mend when soloing or taking down something that would ordinarily kill me.

Anyhow. Good hunting.

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire
/cast [@player] spirit mend
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire

[quote quote=10245]Hello All.

Just a quick post to update people on the current format of macro i am using. It is an amended long term used by me one that has set me up for over a year now and worked in various guises very well.

I use a spirit pet so the additional heal in there is mainly so i never forget to use it. But its not necessary and will work fine if you remove.

I use blink strike as it is passive.

After the recent patch (5.4) i was always focus starved due to the increased focus cost of arcane shot but I removed one of the arcanes from the list and it seems to now be fine. I have not tested it on a long fight like a boss however so it may need an extra cobra shot in there instead.

I also quite often put concussive shot in there replacing a cobra for example and that really helps along with the spirit mend when soloing or taking down something that would ordinarily kill me.

Anyhow. Good hunting.

• /startattack<br>
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null<br>
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire<br>
/cast [@player] spirit mend<br>
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire<br>

[/quote]
hey flawed. could you give us some more info about your macro? what ilvl are you? your talents and glyphs? all that good stuff.

I am new to making macros, so pardon this probably simple question. Why do none of the macros listed in this thread have Stampede in them?

Macro removed due to inefficiency.

Thanks MJ, I was using Louis’s Macro and it was working like a champ till tonight when i logged. Would not cast stampede or focus fire. Rapid fire was iffy.

RIP Lynx Rush and Good Riddins Aspect of the Fox

Most of these appear to be broken now after the 5.1 patch. Blizzard appear to have changed the mechanics again, I think. Michaels macro now locks up big time but am not sure which spell is the culprit yet. Is there an addon that tells you what spell you are casting in realtime?

OMG I’m so thankful for your post MJ…I tried all the macros too…the only way i could get lynx rush to work was in cast sequence which was odd…ty again so so much!

I’ve been on the hunt for exactly this for literally years, but the closest I’ve seen is Forte, which comes frankly nowhere close. What we need is something like a line by line compiler that either highlights or reports what parameter of what function is being handled in real time and lists both all I/O traffic, and all variable changes.

SOMEONE MAKE THAT I BEG OF YOU x(

My hunter is 89.5 hope you macro gods find a ultimate solution. Even my frost mage macro does not seem to be responding like it used to. Shakes Fist at Blizzard.