Beast Mastery – 5.1

Ok guys I raided with my above macro the other day and there are some small problems with it, I think it’s the reset=5 so maybe there should be no reset at all. For example the aoe macro I put Dire Beast at the beginning of it now if you happen to not use the macro for 5 seconds and Dire Beast is on CD then it will start the sequence afresh and lock up due to DB being on CD. Also withing that time if you are out of focus then you will have to wait for focus to continue.

Any tinkering with it is welcome but the main timing is all there for you guys to play with. Ie Dire Beast can be placed at the end of the aoe macro. Trouble with that is if it’s a short aoe then DB won’t be used at all hence a dps loss. Having said that this is for raiding and most aoe situations last for a long time.

Edit @David Make sure David all your CD spells are hot barred so you can see if a certain spell is on CD - I keep all my CD abilities on the bar above the main bar near the macro buttons 2 and 4, I have Kill Shot on 3 for ease of access to both the single target and aoe macros. Oh and by the way I was in the top 5 dps doing HoF using my above macros so not broken at all maybe you have a bad spacing somewhere or something was on CD.

Thanks, Michael. I will look at this again. I am still only 88 (almost 89 lol), so I removed the Glaive Toss which could be messing the timing up.

When I am using these macros I do get the low pitched (echoey) “cymbal sound”, not quite sure what this means.

I take it you guys are mashing the key(s) rapidly or are you waiting for the cast bar to get towards the end? I know on the last expansion (Cata), when I was using Squinky’s macro’s on my shadowpriest, I got huge dps by spamming the button.

I have been trying and trying but these macros do not work any more for me. I have been reading on various forums and I am not alone. Since the 5.1 patch, it appears Blizzard has now implemented something that has broken these repetative key, multi-spell macros. Here is just one thread I found :-

I hope something is resolved soon. The only reason I use these macros is that I have a disability which impairs my hand-eye co-ordination. When I have to push a lot of buttons, I have to look at the keyboard, otherwise I miss or hit the wrong buttons. Not only that, I miss what is actually happening on the screen.

ok i been messing around with some of the macro’s here putting them together to see what worx well in bg’s as well as arena’s and came out with this.

/tar
/petattack
/startattack
/castsequence [mod]Readiness;reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=1 Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=6 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Glaive Toss
/cast dire beast
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Blink Strike
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot
/use 10

is there a way to use Glaive Toss more?

The Reset = 5 lock out i do believe is causing a huge DPS lost without my 477 with 460 or worst trinkets i could pull out 50 - 60k 50 being usually being boss fights where my positioning and splitting of dps would account for it.Is there anything that could be used for filler instead of 5 seconds of auto attacking? i think this macro will be many hunters hopes for decent dps vs Shadow freight trains.

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Dire Beast,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Focus Fire,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Lynx Rush
/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath
/use 10

I’ve made some Tweaks to the macro, positive being i took out the lockout in the macro with cobra and arcane shots, Even without popping Lynx able to spike to 36k on raid dummy and with BW and LYnx spiked to 50k

corpor8chic seeing Dire Beast is in there first it would be better to make the reset=30 because if you have 5 secs downtime it will lock because DB is on CD. The other thing is I switch from multi to single target all the time so focus and lack of is the issue here, to solve that here is my suggestion.

/startattack
/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=30 Dire Beast,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Focus Fire,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Lynx Rush
/use 10

All you do is press alt to cobra shot to get the macro going from no or very little focus when switching from multi to single vice-verse. I also set the reset to 30 give it a try. I have not tried this yet so let me know how it goes and also change the reset on the multi macro to 30.

Have you guys checked these macros out on character count cos they are way over

Use an addon like SuperDuperMacro. They extend the allowed lengths of macros.

can’t find anything called SuperDuperMacro

Download then extract to C:Program Files (x86)World of WarcraftInterfaceAddOns

Make sure you check “Load out of Date Addons” when you log in.

gee can i get a possible answer to my question?

Tommy the only way I see to use Glaive Toss reliably is in a castsequence then the sequence would have to be 15 seconds long.

This is the macro I’m using now. It’s pretty much spammable, assuming you have enough Focus. Otherwise it might take one or two seconds for the second Arcane Shot to go off.

Since I’m not 90 yet, Glaive Toss is missing, just add it. I’m also using A Murder of Crows because… I don’t know. :smiley: For some reason, I like it better, but I’ll be taking Lynx Rush once I’ve reached level 90.

#show
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=combat Dire Beast,A Murder of Crows,Dire Beast,Dire Beast,Dire Beast
/cast Rapid Fire

i use this now and seems to work well

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Glaive Toss,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Focus Fire
/cast Lynx Rush

try it out and let me know

I finally found a way to report what the macro is doing in real time. Mind you, it’s exasperating and ludicrously labour-intensive to set up. The addon I used is Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text, which allows you to define your own events, and how that event should pop up on your screen. I haven’t been able to make it report to a channel yet, which kinda sucks for review, but I use a parser for that.
To set up your macro tracking, simply create events for each ability and each condition that your macro checks, and create a seperate scrolling area for those events to report to. Once you’ve got that sorted, you can simply engage a dummy and watch your macro’s output scroll past to see where --if at all-- you’re going wrong.

DUDE U CAN ALWAYS SEE YOUR ACTION BAR AND EVEN WORSE U CAN USE BITTEN’S SPELL FLASH THAT MARKS YOU THE SEQUENCE. SO NO POINT IN DOING ALL THAT

So you can watch every ability you have macroed, every ability your pet uses, and BOTH your focus levels all at the same time? You sir, do not need macro’s. Something to file down that alarming growing nose perhaps, but no macro’s.

since i know the cast sequence i have made i know what spells i use plus the scrolling text has icons on it so u know what hits

and even if u do not have it there is also the combat chat box but i guess u have never used it

You cannot watch two focus bars, AND your abilities AND read a moving combatlog at the same time, end of story. Optometry 101 : your eye can only focus on about 2° of your field of vision. Since you cannot split your eye over the four screen points, my solution is to merge the datastreams into one point that you can focus on.
Now then, amusing as it would be to contemplate what could possibly move you to continue testing your macro if --as you claim-- you already have the data you seek, I hold to more practical uses for testing. My solution is for people that do not know whether a particular tweak to their macro structure or parameters will have the desired effect. It not only feeds them real-time information on which ability is being parsed by the macro, but can also report resource state, procs, and alert them to any errors or hangs, including what caused them.