BeastMastery 5.3 with Blink Strikes

@Paul

We haven’t used Macro Bank since Cata. All the macros posted here work with Macro Toolkit and Super Duper Macro. The addon that Luis wrote is no longer being update at the moment. He would know better on the status of his addon.

I’m new to cast sequence macros, but I copied and pasted what the OP posted. I am the same spec with the appropriate talents. I used Macro Toolkit, which I just downloaded. I notice that Kill Command, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss are not going off at all. The cooldowns at the bottom of the macro are, and Serpent Sting, Cobra Shot, and Arcane Shot are all being used according to scrolling text. Kill Shot isn’t going off, but I’m using the Combat Dummies.

So basically, I’m not getting a few lines working, and I don’t know why.

so i should remove wowlzy and use macro took kit and super duper? i should install them both and use macro tool kit and super duper at the same time???

Hello Paul, yes you can remove the wowlazymacros addon since it only works up to patch 4.3. You can not use SuperDuperMacro and MacroToolkit at the same time, they throw out errors if you do. Just go with whatever you like more, but not both.

[quote quote=8197]I’m new to cast sequence macros, but I copied and pasted what the OP posted. I am the same spec with the appropriate talents. I used Macro Toolkit, which I just downloaded. I notice that Kill Command, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss are not going off at all. The cooldowns at the bottom of the macro are, and Serpent Sting, Cobra Shot, and Arcane Shot are all being used according to scrolling text. Kill Shot isn’t going off, but I’m using the Combat Dummies.

So basically, I’m not getting a few lines working, and I don’t know why.
[/quote]
Hello Juanpierre, assuming everything is on place then it might be a latency issue. How fast are you spamming the key? If you are spamming the key and still does not fire off those abilities then try to increase the priority resets on all of them to something higher than 0.3 but no more than 0.9.

thank you luis :slight_smile:

Couple questions, if you don’t mind. First, I use Lynx Rush (because I quest and farm quite a bit and we don’t raid enough to make it worth Blink Strikes imho) and I adapted yours with Lynx Rush replacing Murder but noticed a couple things today. Someone in a previous topic noted that there was no benefit to stacking Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire and I noticed your Single-target has Rapid Fire but your AoE does not. Is there no benefit to using Rapid Fire in an AoE situation? (sorry if that is a stupid question) And do you agree that there is no benefit to stacking them?

Hello Jim Jennen. In relation to Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire, according to Icy-Veins guide it recommends to not stacking and while Noxxic guide it just says to do not stack Rapid Fire with Bloodlust.

Assuming that is the best to keep them apart, I rather have it included on the macro because I know myself from forgetting to use spells at the right time when they are out of the macro. Is just that more convenient than having to keep track when is the right time. Sometimes they will fire at the same time, sometimes they won’t and that evens out. I wish we could write it with conditions that way “once X spell finish then hit Y spell” but for now is just a matter of choice I believe.

well moon here i am. my off spec is bm. it’s weird though. i used your macro with the .3 untouched. on a dummy i get 31k~33k dps. i then added 0.7, as i did with survival macro. my dps on the stupid dummy dropped and wouldnt rise above 23k! how weird, no? my ping via the client is 78/76ms. i’ll keep tjhe macro as 0.3 for now. maybe bm just handles differently with the resets or macros or whatever. i dunno what to make of it ;/. thanks though :slight_smile:

Are you glyphed and enchanted correctly? I can easily get over 100k dPS with that.

well i think it was me or something. maybe my lag was being wonky. i use the same glyphs for both sv and bm. i dont bother with a different set for each spec. the same enchants even though mastery is good for the pets and bm relies on pets a lot. at least ask mr robo has no problems with my setup. i will have to contrast and compare later today and get back to you. it’s most likely my own lag issues or not setting the reset thing right for my lag. do you have any recommendations as to glyphs or am i doing alright? i can’t remember my glyphs off the top of my head. i use glyph of mending, animal bond and glyph of misdirection. i choose these because i do a lot of questing and dailies. but if you have any suggestions please feel free to have at me. i am open to any and all suggestions :slight_smile:

Paul,

Keep your enchants and gems the same as you do Survival. Do remember, that all Hunter’s once getting the RPPM trinkets, are all the same now in terms of Enchants and Gems.

Mastery does play a role for Beast Mastery, but if you use a Spirit Beast or a Cat you will get that Mastery buff. You have nothing to worry about with it, on top of that if you raid with a Paladin, or Shaman they will provide that same buff.

I used Mending, and Animal Bond when I solo the elites on the Isle of Giants, otherwise I normally don’t change. I follow Icy Veins or Noxxic for this, as this expansion I have found that Hunter glyph whether major or minor, are all crap.

Hello,

I was just wondering about having Focus Fire in the macro. Since normally by just spamming the macro you get it off at 1-3 stacks, at least that’s what it’s like for me. And let’s say that you would get 5 stacks, then use FF, and you get 1 stack again and the macro uses FF again, then you replace your 30% buff with the 6% buff instead.

That’s not really optimal now, is it? :slight_smile: What’s your thoughts on it?
//Thirtyfour

will there be any changes to your macro? now that 5.4 is live.

well i’d like to say thanks to you michael. i just wish i could do more. depending on the boss i can go as high as 130k burst but then i level out at 103k or lower even. i don’t know. i keep my reset @ 0.9 now. my ping can go up and down. it’s just not worth messing with anymore? i dont know… i’ve done all the ask mr robot stuff. my gear lvl is 523. i’ve done all that i can but noxxic and viens says i should be doing more… i dont know! i’ve even found an easier way to dps thanks to the macro. i locked my mouses scroll wheel to the key that hits the macro on my action bar. that has to be pretty fast ya think? i suggest you all trying it. no more pressing 1 a billion times. all you have to do is scroll scroll scroll with the mouse wheel and you attack and attack! but if there’s anything else to improve my dps please let me know. i want to do more dangit! >_< i dont know if this is anything but i run out of focus outside of a raid and not all the time inside a raid/lfr. is that good or bad? thanks.

/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] arcane torrent
/cast [combat] intimidation
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/castsequence reset=23 Focus Fire
/startattack

this is what i am using. since bm spec is suppose to be the top dps now. the pet attack is in the right place, right? i also switched from wyvern sting to intimidation. not sure where to put it so i plopped it with the combat stuff. i’ve been going back and forth between 0.5 and 0.9. as i said before i think i’m going to stick with 0.9 from now on though.

Can someone help me with my aoe macro? Struggling with a low dps :-/

/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=4 Multi-Shot, Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/startattack

i removed dire for thrill of he hunt. should i make any alterations to your macro mr lynch?

i have a problem

/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,intimidation
/castsequence reset=5 Mend Pet,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/use [@pet,exists]Misdirection
/cast [combat] arcane torrent
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/petattack
/startattack

focus fire never works when i use this? i dont see the problem. does anyone else see the problem?

this macro ive found on here then altered works awsome thanks

/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14