BM All in one With Logs to back it up.

i’ve checked it twice all of it and found no spaces but continue to get:Storage The Custom StepFunction Specified is not recognised and has been ignored.

[quote quote=45083]i’ve checked it twice all of it and found no spaces but continue to get:Storage The Custom StepFunction Specified is not recognised and has been ignored.
[/quote]

There are some “special”? characters in there, but I just re-wrote this line-by-line, and it is working.

--  Author  = Tater@Area 52
--  Talents = 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2
Sequences['TaterBeast'] = {
StepFunction = [[
    limit = limit or 1
    if step == limit then
        limit = limit % #macros + 1
        step = 1
    else
        step = step % #macros + 1
    end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder
/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
/cast [mod:alt] Multi-Shot
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend
/cast [combat,pet,@player] Roar of Sacrifice
/cast !Volley
]],
    '/cast Dire Beast',
    '/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot',
    '/cast A Murder of Crows',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/cast Mend Pet
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

I would cut the code down to the follow:

--  Author  = Tater@Area 52
--  Talents = 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2
Sequences['TaterBeast'] = {
StepFunction = [[
    limit = limit or 1
    if step == limit then
        limit = limit % #macros + 1
        step = 1
    else
        step = step % #macros + 1
    end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
    '/cast Dire Beast',
    '/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot',
    '/cast A Murder of Crows',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/cast Mend Pet
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Also, this code is for Gnome Sequencer, not GSE or GSE 2.0.

Wow logs with check my wow, the Tatter macro is running at 95+ efficiency

the loss of efficiency is the loss of possible KC, but to be honest have no more focus to cast them

at 95-98% efficiency i dont think you can ask for anything much butter mashing 1 button.

@ /gs i put in /petattack under targetenemy

because i found out if i have it on assist it sometimes takes like 2 seconds for pet to swap to other target and now i can have it on passive the whole time.

/petattack

[quote quote=45263]@ /gs i put in /petattack under targetenemy
because i found out if i have it on assist it sometimes takes like 2 seconds for pet to swap to other target and now i can have it on passive the whole time.
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /petattack
[/quote]

Mmmmmh, ok. Good point, looking at the code:

/startattack

The reference, in the code of :

/startattack

seems like a double positive, like Attack the Target and oh Attack the Target… so maybe just compress it down to:

Pre your suggestion.

how do you use the [mod:alt] for multishot? Im missing something here cuz multi is not firing off. Do i have to do something additional for it to trigger? At what point in the cycle do you hit ALT and run the macro?

[quote quote=45293]how do you use the [mod:alt] for multishot? Im missing something here cuz multi is not firing off. Do i have to do something additional for it to trigger? At what point in the cycle do you hit ALT and run the macro?
[/quote]

Ok, that’s the very point of using:

You can press the Macro all day and Multi-Shot will never fire off until you hold down the ALT key while the Macro is being press/spammed, at which point the Macro will fire out the Multi-Shot.

Ok, that’s the very point of using:
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">cast</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">mod</span><span class="crayon-o">:</span><span class="crayon-v">alt</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Multi</span><span class="crayon-o">-</span><span class="crayon-i">Shot</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
You can press the Macro all day and Multi-Shot will never fire off until you hold down the ALT key while the Macro is being press/spammed, at which point the Macro will fire out the Multi-Shot. [/quote]

Hey Maarc - thank you so much for taking the time. I guess what I’m wondering is should I just un-mod it since when you’re I’m in a raid I feel like i’d be holding “alt” the entire raid. Is that what others find with this macro? I understand the idea is so that it doesn’t pull extra but I feel like it’s a huge drop in DPS having to decide when to hold “alt” and when not to. And by the time I am thinking of holding “alt” my focus is gone :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly just can’t get this to work right. If i hold ALT down the rest of the macro doesn’t work properly. If I don’t use ALT everything works wonderfully except multi-shot. If i try to use the macro and just spam multishot along with it I never have enough focus to run it. How are other people getting this to work? It’s frustrating (:

[quote quote=45333]I honestly just can’t get this to work right. If i hold ALT down the rest of the macro doesn’t work properly. If I don’t use ALT everything works wonderfully except multi-shot. If i try to use the macro and just spam multishot along with it I never have enough focus to run it. How are other people getting this to work? It’s frustrating (:
[/quote]

Ok, some things I’m assuming. That the macro is place on the actionbar, [for this let’s say you placed it in the ‘2’ spot], that you are using something to independently spam the macro [the razor software that repeats a keystroke until stopped], and that you don’t have anything else already assigned combine ALT + actionbar slot number [in this example, the ‘2’ slot, so you don’t have anything assigned to the ALT+2 keystroke combo]

So imagine you’re just letting the macro spam, so it would create a line of text like:

Well, while it’s running you press the ALT key during spam of the key, so it would create a line of text like:

22222ALT+22222222ALT+22222222222222

Now in this, looking at only the bracketed ones below:

2222[ALT+2]22222[ALT+2]222222222222

The ALT+2 is viewed as a combined single keystroke, so if we look at the 3 keystrokes:

… 2 ALT+2 2 …

Now for the computer system, what’s being done is the following:

<KEY PRESS>
<KEY RELEASE>

<KEY PRESS>
ALT

<KEY PRESS>
<KEY RELEASE> <— For the ‘2’ KEY

<KEY RELEASE> <— For the ALT KEY

<KEY PRESS>
<KEY RELEASE>

the code that would be executed would like something like this:

/startattack
/cast !Volley

/startattack
/cast Multi-Shot
/cast !Volley

/startattack
/cast !Volley

Now if you are doing something like the follow 3 keystrokes:

… 2 ALT 2 …

Now for the computer system, what’s being done is the following:

<KEY PRESS>
<KEY RELEASE>

<KEY PRESS>
ALT
<KEY RELEASE> <— For the ALT KEY

<KEY PRESS>
<KEY RELEASE> <— For the ‘2’ KEY

the code that would be executed would like something like this:

/startattack
/cast !Volley

... Nothing Happens, the Macro is not executed

/startattack
/cast !Volley

so to get the Macro to execute, with the Multi Shot, you need to hold down the ALT key, then press the ‘2’ key, release the ‘2’ Key, and finally release the ALT key.

Let’s additionally look at what the [mod] modifier does:

• using [mod] will cast the ability if any modifier key is pressed.
  • using [nomod] will cast the ability if no modifiers key are pressed.
  • using [nomod:alt]. The ability will be cast if the alt key is not pressed.
  • using [mod:shift/ctrl] will cast the ability if either shift or ctrl is pressed.
  • using [nomod:shift/ctrl] will cast the ability if shift or ctrl, or neither of them is pressed.
  • using [mod:shift, mod:ctrl] will cast the ability if both shift and ctrl are pressed.

Now here’s the reason in the code I ‘suggested’ using ALT and not SHIFT or CTRL. Remember you have to hold the mod key down, ALT in this case, and then press 2 in order for the ‘/cast Multi-Shot’ code to be execute in the Macro.

Now try the following without a Macro in the ‘2’ slot on the Actionbar:

Press the ‘SHIFT’ key, and hold it
Press the ‘2’ key, and … OPPPPPPSS … what happened?

You just switched over to the 2nd Actionbar!! THAT’S A PROBLEM [A BIG ONE IF YOU ARE IN COMBAT]

Let’s get you back to the 1st Actionbar:

Press the ‘SHIFT’ key, and hold it
Press the ‘1’ key, and you’re back to the 1st Actionbar.

So, have your pet out — you’re playing a Beast Master after all — OH! and make sure you have Pet spell on your pet’s Actionbar.

Press the ‘CTRL’ key, and hold it
Press the ‘2’ key, and … OPPPPPPSS … WHAT! The Pet is Attacking!

… and now you understand the problem. There are other actions that occur as a result of using the SHIFT and CTRL keys.

So, what’s the solution … or more to the point, what do I do?

I make 2 Macros … 1 for Single Targets (without Multi-Shot) and 1 for AOE (with Multi-Shot).

Hope that helps.

Tried everything and all I get are storage faults

Ok had to make a few adjustments and I finally got it to work. VERY good macro and I thank you for posting it.

I make 2 Macros … 1 for Single Targets (without Multi-Shot) and 1 for AOE (with Multi-Shot).

Hope that helps.

WoW Maarc that was one heck of an explanation. As i was going through it - and slightly confused because I’m just not that smart - i got to the end and said… yes… can’t I just make two macros without the [altmod]? for this specific macro would it just be as simple as changing the [mod] to /cast [combat] Multi-Shot", ?

Thank you so so much for taking the time to help me! This morning I was ripping my hair out. I’ve been using this and didn’t realize Multi-Shot wasn’t triggering and my dps loss was intense. Once i realized what the problem was I couldn’t figure out how to incorporate it.

I have my hotkey set to the mouse wheel up/down so i just scroll back and forth instead of spam a button. It’s always worked in the past. If i want this as an AOE macro would it be that simple or something else before Multi-Shot?

Thank you so much!

[quote quote=45375]

Hope that helps.
WoW Maarc that was one heck of an explanation. As i was going through it – and slightly confused because I’m just not that smart – i got to the end and said.. yes.. can’t I just make two macros without the [altmod]? for this specific macro would it just be as simple as changing the [mod] to /cast [combat] Multi-Shot”, ? Thank you so so much for taking the time to help me! This morning I was ripping my hair out. I’ve been using this and didn’t realize Multi-Shot wasn’t triggering and my dps loss was intense. Once i realized what the problem was I couldn’t figure out how to incorporate it. I have my hotkey set to the mouse wheel up/down so i just scroll back and forth instead of spam a button. It’s always worked in the past. If i want this as an AOE macro would it be that simple or something else before Multi-Shot? Thank you so much! [/quote]

That’s close to what I do, I have my AOE Macro keybind to the pressing down of the Mouse Wheel, that way I still have full use of the Mouse Wheel to scroll stuff and can still use it to fire off the AOE version of the Macro.

So love the macro! Definitely viable in high mythic + dungeons and even heroic NH.

For this to be fully viable in mythic NH + I have a few silly requests that I haven’t been able to figure out as I don’t program. I apologize for the possible simple edit I could of done.

#1 - with the macro mash sometimes Crows doesn’t get cast until 3-5 GCD’s at the start and the opener should definitely start with crows - I get that throughout the fight I might miss 1-2 gcd’s on recasting but the start should b ea simple fix?

#2 - inevitably through the fight it’ll cast TT with no dire beasts active wasting some potential damage. Is there anyway to couple the TT to occur after a direbeast cast so all get the benefit right from the start? (obviously simple answer would be to not include TT in macro but just seeing if anyone has modified this. I just thought since for BW the cobra shot got automated this might be possible.

#3 - definitely need to modify the /petattack with more skills as mentioned previously on page 4 or 5 as I do as well notice my pets take 2 seconds sometimes to switch to adds on a boss fight which isn’t ideal - i will try the fix suggested there.

Love the macro! Appreciate any input on the coding changes if possible.

Maarc - are you willing to share the AOE macro you built with me?

The problem I have with MultiShot is it’s not supplying the additional damage from surge of the stormgod.

I tried to build it using Taters Macro with changing [Mod] to /cast [combat] but that locked up the macro. Had a seriously rough night raiding last night (:

[quote quote=45433]So love the macro! Definitely viable in high mythic + dungeons and even heroic NH.
For this to be fully viable in mythic NH + I have a few silly requests that I haven’t been able to figure out as I don’t program. I apologize for the possible simple edit I could of done.
#1 – with the macro mash sometimes Crows doesn’t get cast until 3-5 GCD’s at the start and the opener should definitely start with crows – I get that throughout the fight I might miss 1-2 gcd’s on recasting but the start should b ea simple fix?
#2 – inevitably through the fight it’ll cast TT with no dire beasts active wasting some potential damage. Is there anyway to couple the TT to occur after a direbeast cast so all get the benefit right from the start? (obviously simple answer would be to not include TT in macro but just seeing if anyone has modified this. I just thought since for BW the cobra shot got automated this might be possible.
#3 – definitely need to modify the /petattack with more skills as mentioned previously on page 4 or 5 as I do as well notice my pets take 2 seconds sometimes to switch to adds on a boss fight which isn’t ideal – i will try the fix suggested there.
Love the macro! Appreciate any input on the coding changes if possible.
[/quote]

maybe we need to gate TT behind Dire beast.

575 dps on heroic guldan

895ilv

95% pars.

Thanks tator.

Hey garret was wondering what ms your running this macro at

Is there code for GSE in regards to this macro?. that was my original issue