BM Raiding - ST and AOE [High Performance]

No that is 100% false and you can do that with any addon or with vanilla but the names for the buttons change between addons/vanilla games. Which is why I said to use the frame stack tooltip yourself to find the name since that would tell you the correct name to use for each button regardless what addon you use. There is a video of someone who shows the names for all the buttons on a vanilla game here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELf-c7-69M and those may work even if you have an addon since they are default but I can not say for sure and so I recommend you use the frame stack tooltip to find it instead. Since clearly people are going to try using the one I posted above despite the fact that I told them to find it for themselves I am going to edit to remove it and force them to find it themselves to prevent me having to come back to explain why it did not work for them.

I would need to look more into this for Shadowlands. Classic/Vanilla has certain addons that are enabled that do not function in current Blizzard code. A good example is Benecast.

There is nothing to look into these two spells were merged two expansions ago. /cast Revive Pet will switch to Mend Pet if you have a pet or will try to revive if it’s dead.

1 Like

Great Macro averaging in the mid 80% parses and even got a 98% parse with it.

I use Fangs instead of Embers though as I hate Embers with a passion. Might look at crafting the single target BM legendary (forget the name) after I make rank 4 of Fangs.

Last time I tried to add that macro I posted above (posted it below as well) to a gse macro it did not work and I was told that it was probably because gse kept changing the name. However, after trying it now it still does not work but I figured out the cause has nothing to do with mend or revive pet. After putting that macro as it is shown above into gse causes it to constantly try to call my pet when it is dead (something that does not happen when I put it in as a regular macro in wow because of the modifier that tells it to only cast if pet is nodead). That being said I have found a way to get it working in gse by changing the order I have things in (see below).

So, this macro does not work in gse but will work in vanilla wow
/cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

While this one works in gse and might also work in vanilla wow (untested in vanilla but works with gse)
/cast [@pet, dead] Mend Pet; [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently people were getting confused on what the problem is and so modified the post to make it easier to understand and will be changing my previous post to help remove/prevent confusion as well)

You don’t get it. The simple fact you have a pet out means that Revive Pet no longer exists in WoW’s spell DB for your character while your pet is alive. If your pet is out and you hit save all Revive Pets will be automatically be replace (not by GSE but by WoW) with Mend Pet. If you dismiss your pet it then goes back to Revive Pet.

Now once combat starts GSE can no longer change your macro so if it’s Mend Pet - guess what - it won’t res your pet. If however it is Revive Pet (because of the way base spells work) then it will both res your pet or heal it.

To trick WoW - dismiss your pet first then when you edit do the following (including the $$ at the front)

$$/cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

Oh and read up on how Base Spells work: Two most asked questions: Base Spells and Macro locks

I get it fine I think it may be you who does not understand. The fact that it works in regular wow macros but not in GSE macros means it is not a problem with regular wow. The problem is it was trying to summon a pet while the pet is dead and would not heal/res the pet. It kept trying to summon despite the fact that there was a nodead mod in the summon part and the pet was clearly dead. I do not need to trick wow since as I said it works fine when I put it in a non GSE macro regardless of what order I put them in (gse only worked if you set them in a specific order). Revive pet was not the problem as I said someone had said to me before that it was but they were either wrong or perhaps it was a problem then but not now. Regardless, the problem is it is trying to call my pet when my pet is dead despite having the [nopet, nodead] modifier in there and the only way to make it work in gse is to change the order to put the actions in a different order. That being said, after trying the working version in the 1 button macro I use (removing the mend, res, and call pet functions that were already there then pasting the gse working version of my macro in there) it seems to make the macro stop working for me (seems to stop using the attacks). I suspect that is because the aio macro I have had the heal and call pet functions in the keypress section of the macro which caused some problem for whatever reason (this happened regardless if I put the full macro in or just had a click macro try to use it I got the same result). I suspect this is because of the gcd and is not a problem with gse (I could be wrong) but I figured I should tell people just in case they try it only to get confused. A simple fix would be to put the macro in the key release section instead of the key press section.

Actually, the best fix is for @TimothyLuke to revert the change that was made. As in BFA it worked, but it doesn’t work in SL.

Reverting the code won’t change what Blizzard has done with regards to base spells. GSE doesn’t “do” anything it sends a command to WoW’s macro engine and says please execute. It doesn’t execute a single ability or interpret a single line of macro code. All of that is done by WoW. Unlike Blizzards signed code GSE has to obey the rules that’s Blizzards code doesn’t have to obey.

As a programmer, isn’t all about UID? Revive Pet and Mend Pet now are the same UID. The issue is during the normal macro area, Revive Pet and Mend Pet are 2 separate UIDs but in GSE they are combined as the same UID.

The reason is Mend Pet has 2 ranks, so the first rank (BFA, Legion) do work but Mend Pet rank 2 has a different UID.

Revive Pet ID: 982 (Unchanged from BFA)
Mend Pet Rank 1: 136 (Unchanged from BFA)
Mend Pet Rank 2: 343242

This is where the problem is. Many spells now have 2 ranks, and typically if you use one rank it should not matter but for some reason for some classes it does.

As I mentioned revive/mend pet is not the problem (I was told it was by someone else but @TimothyLuke explained it and they are essentially interchangeable now so it does not matter if GSE changes the revive pet to a mend pet or vice versa since it will still work) . The problem comes from the call pet modifier that tells the macro to only call the pet when it is not dead and that causes GSE to attempt calling the pet while it is dead instead of reviving/mending as it should. The ways to fix this are to either change the order of the macro putting the resurrect pet at the start like this (remember that mend pet=revive pet).
/cast [@pet, dead] Mend Pet; [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

You also need to remember the GCD for spells will make it so if you put that macro in the keypress section it will make the macro stop after it casts that (takes time to cast it and you are unable to cast anything else while doing it). So, put it in the key release section of the gse macro instead to prevent that.

GSE can’t use the UID - only Blizzard Code can use it. It asks WoW to convert the UID to text and then sends the text to WoW’s macro engine to be executed. When I ask it to translate Revive Pet and Mend Pet it returns the same UID depending on the state of your pet.

I levelled a hunter earlier today from 50 to 60 and was using this without issue.
$$/cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

The other alternative is to use a variable:

• Create a variable containing the following: [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; called REVIVE
  • Use the following line instead /cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1; ~~REVIVE~~ [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

This will force the text to be Revive Pet when it goes to WoW’s macro engine irrespective of anything else.

Very odd as they are two different spells. In BFA all spells had 1 rank but in SL many spells have multiple ranks. This is the same issue where GSE thinks Sinister Strike and Mutilate are the same thing when they are not as SS only awards 1 combo point, and Mutilate awards 2 CP.

When it does kick back the UID to you which one does it provide the rank 1 variant or the rank 2 variant.

Which ever one you have as the highest learnt rank.

If i could just use the UID it would be soooooooooo much cleaner.

I bet, I remember before GSE we had to know the UID for every spell.

I wish there was a way to fix this on multiple classes, not just Hunters.

If you are running the latest GSE - there is already a fix to show your specs spells rather than the base spell.

The thing about Base Vs Upgraded using your SS and Mutilate example is that when you /cast Mutilate, WoW’s code is actually casting SS you just dont see it its hidden under the UI. The possibilities that opens is that you can create a macro that works across specs.

I just tried to copy/paste the macro you had just posted in into a larger aio gse macro and was having the same issue as I had with the 1 I tried (breaks everything in the macro and will not even summon the pet I dismissed). Also, it seems to happen when I put it in the keyrelease section as well (I thought I had fixed that before but guess it hadnt saved when I edited it in replacing the click macro I had durring the test bc was still in combat or something). So far the only for sure fix I have found that will work with most of the macros I find here is the /click macro workaround and I am unsure why but for whatever reason gse does not get allong with call pet (or at least not in the keypress or keyrelease sections of the macro and I even tried just
/cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1 without the mend pet or revive on it with same result). I have not tried it in the premacro, sequence, or postmacro sections bc I want it to cast mend pet whenever it is on cooldown and was hoping not to have to add 2-3 seperate entries into the macro when I can add it all to 1 (which I can do even if it requires a /click macro). I even tried updating gse to be sure I was using latest version but still have same problem.

WINNER WINNER thanks to original poster and to you seen a 400 dps increase using this

Is there away to get Barb time up more? is it gear dependent? Im 205 ilvl 4-4.5k sustained dps but barb time on logs is showing

me 78-88% uptime