(BM-ST) DIRE FRENZY BUILD

Shout Outs go to the following peeps for the macros that they have built which allowed me to learn from and build one of my own to cater to my spec and gear: Gween (Hope all is well with you sir) and Pharmacist1.

Build objectives:
1- Sustainability (stay above 1.5m dps for 5min on Raider’s Training Dummy) (My Sim is 1.7m)
2- Focus Starvation (without having to use Dire stable and lose 10% damage for Cobra Shot)
3- Built around Roar of the Seven Lions (Bestial Wrath reduces the Focus cost of all your abilities by 15%) and Call of the Wild (Reduces the cooldown of all Aspects by 35%)
4- Maintain Kill Command up at all times to reduce cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 3sec (Tier21 Set Bonus)
5- Maintain Dire Frenzy up at all times to reduce cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 12sec
6- Have Cobra Shot and Kill Command deal out close to equal damage (Cobra Shot does do more damage than Kill Command)

My BM Huntard is currently ILvl- 959/963, with Titanstrike at 991, 4pc Teir 21 set (low item Lvl on 2 of them), Trinkets are Prototype Personnel Decimator and Terminus Signaling Beacon.
AGI- 43k, C- 30.95, M- 80.48, H- 25.92, V- 9.83, A- 10.25

AHK set at 60ms

Disclaimer: This build was built specifically for my gear. I’ve actually have spent several months exploring other builds in order to learn how to come up with this build. I really hope that others can use this and have great success with it but I apologize in advance if this doesn’t work for you, I am by far not an expert at this. I welcome any and all constructive criticism that could maybe improve this build (I really wanted to get this to my Sim Dps but I was not successful on that part).

Sequences['DF-ST-BM'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.08.
  Author="Valamar@Black DragonFlight",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2,2,x,1,x,1,2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Growl",
      },
        "/cast A Murder of Crows",
        "/castsequence Dire Beast, Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Titan's Thunder",
      },
    },
  },
}

Hi Markymarcus,

nice macro by the way, I am surprised you have not had any comments so far.
I have iLvL 967 with Parcels and Belt, 4p21, Golganeth’s Vitality 1000 & Prototype Decimator 955. I like your macro as it does not become so focus starved, but your choice of level 60 talent is a dps loss for me. I use Bestial Fury I find it does give me quite a lot of extra dps. My stats; Crit 26% Haste 31% with haste food, Mastery 87%. I find it very important to try for 31% haste then things happen more fluently.
I get 1.9M dps over 300M damage and 1.85M dps over 400M damage on test dummy using your 60ms delay.

Try Bestial Fury it may also work for you.

Good work,

Jay

I just got back from time off…let me run this and give you feedback…looks promising, but right of the back why not using Feet and Ring combo so you can have Bestial Fury and additional one (if you have them) just my 2 cents…will use my leggo’s to see how it performs.

great macro mate nice work too

can i get your ahk script?

i dont know how to setup ahk

970 BM here.

4.0M opener.
Depending on procs, anywhere from 1.99M to 2.12M sustain over 5 minutes. My simulation numbers is only 2.01M

I’m not using AHK. I’m using macro on my keyboard that will play a key of my choice by itself. I have it set at 0.060. Possible this is way to fast for the macro, but will test different speeds. I did run into an issue around the end of my 5 minute DPS test where the macro didn’t cast anything for a good 10 to 15 seconds because everything was on cool down. This made me drop from 2.12M to 1.99M. I don’t know how to even build these macros, so I just simply manually added in Cobra Shots when I see the macro isn’t casting anything.

This macro also isn’t that great at keeping 3 stacks of Dire Frenzy on your pet… Which is what you WANT to do when playing Dire Frenzy. Still, it’s not a bad macro… Especially when you are wanting to be super lazy and just want to focus on boss mechanics.

8/10 I would rate this macro.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kudos and great feedback. I abandoned this post since I got no responses. I came back today just to see if anything new was going on and found I had a few responses. I’m glad it worked for some and I appreciate the feedback I got from others. I actually still use this macro but with the stomp build since my gear wanted to give me crit, haste, mastery which is what is needed for stomp build. I’ll try to respond to everyone.

Jay Jay- I chose the pack to attempt to keep Dire Frenzy up as much as possible which for me gave me more dps.

Cabronsote- I now use the boots and Sephuz’s has the ring give me a ton of crit and haste

Nigel Webb- Thanks glad you like it

Gooldan-
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft ; Only run if window ‘World of Warcraft’ is active
$1::
While GetKeyState(“1”,“P”)
{
Send, 1
Sleep, 60
}
Return

Adrian- Since you said you sim 2.01m and the macro gives you min- 1.99m that is a Super win. But to address the issue of what I would call dead time, maybe your speed is to fast and it’s not kicking off has many cobra shots that you would like. Slow it down and see what ya get and please let me know. But I’m happy that you get close to your sim dps.

Im 970 BM 2111112 build 82 points into weapon with bracers and chest, Fang and Vitality for trinks. Flask, food, Rune and pot im bursting 5.5 million and holding 2.6 million on raiding training dummy for 5+ mins. Running at 0.060 ms on synapse… Very good macro my normal holds around 2.1 on most raiding dummys.

Hi again,

tried with so many different items and always end up using belt and parcels. Tried simming loads of options too and same result. I have tried your ‘one with the pack’, but I do get slight dps increase with ‘beastial fury’.

With the new upgrade to art weapons now my stats are; weapon lvl 128, iLvL 968, crit 27. haste 34, mastery 76.

I achieve 2.2m dps over 400m damage on dummy with only defiled augmentation and fel focus.

Your macro does seem to give me the best results, slightly over GweenBM.

So well done, it still reigns supreme with me,

regards,

Jay

Sequences['DF-AOE-BM'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Multi-Shot",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Titan's Thunder",
      },
    },
  },
}

AOE TESTING now

I’m actually very surprised at all the good feedback I have received and how well this macro is actually helping others improve their dps. I will admit, I still use this macro, but I’m using the stomp build since all the gear went the route where stomp just gives me more dps now.

Allen James- Let me know how that AOE macro works for you, I’m going to test it also. Looks interesting and I’ve tried it a couple times. My only issue is that I lose focus a lot. So if the both of us tinker with it, maybe we can come up with another awesome macro for AOE. I’m thinking maybe add some cobra shots and kinda like alternate between Multi-shot and cobra shot. You only really need multi-shot about every 4.4 sec for the beast cleave to kick in and be very effective. By alternating the two shots could save 8 focus each time. I’ll tinker with it.

Try this, just remember I’m using Stomp Build. But let me know what you think, for AOE.

Sequences['DF-AOE-BM'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Titan's Thunder",
      },
    },
  },
}

I’m new to GSE and macros but this is by far the best I’ve used out of probably 6 classes and 30 macros. It cycles perfectly and works perfectly even with my level 34. You did something right, good job and thanks.

great macros both of them will you be doing macro for bfa

It should work OK with a few adjustments:

“/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath”,
“/cast [combat] Blood Fury”,
“/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild”,

Will need fro be moved from “Keypress” to the Pre-macro.

Also “/petautocastoff [group] Growl”, needs to be removed totally, as it now can actually cause Grow to turn on in dungeons, after Blizzard made to automatically Grow when entering dungeons, with the option to turn it back on.

“/cast Titan’s Thunder”, also will need to be removed as it is no longer in the game, and could freeze up the macro.

@Sir_Ewing what abt that old talents? Talents = “2,2,x,1,x,1,2”. Which one to use for this script??
Thanks.

You will need “Dire Beast” which will be number 3 on the first talent line. beyond that it would be up to you.

Thanks Mister.

Thanks for all the feedback and kudos about my marcro.

I will no longer follow this Topic as these Macros are no longer viable in Pre-Patch/ BFA.

To those that asked if I would do Macros for 8.1, the answer is yes. Check them out at the following link.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/bmst-8-01-macro/

Again thanks,

FOR THE HORDE!!!