Brewmaster 5.3

Single Target
set your key presses to 0.18 presses per second.(keeps shuffle up 98%of the time dps is alittle low but i havent had any problems holding agro in duns with ilvl470

#showtooltip Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,5,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=5 Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Purifying Brew
/cast Guard
/cast Elusive Brew

AOE
set your key presses to 0.18 presses per second.

#showtooltip Spinning Crane Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,!spinning Crane Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Breath of Fire
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Guard
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=5 Tiger Palm,Breath of Fire,Chi Wave,Purifying Brew
/cast Elusive Brew
/startattack

Missing a few things

– Fort Brew
– Chi Wave isn’t good for BM. Zen is better but should be put on a separate line.
– I’m ok with Expel Harm in the macro, but usually I don’t put it in a macro as I will use it when I need to.

From a raid tanking point of view there are a few things that need to be adjusted.

1. Second BoF in the AoE macro doesn’t need to be there since it’s already up on top. Keg Smash, Guard, and Breath of Fire should be at the top of the priority list for AOE as that is what we use to get aggro. Spinning Crane Kick doesn’t build enough aggro in a raid compared to the others.

2. Single target for the most part looks good, order needs to be changed though. Guard needs to be a lot higher as your Statue will also cast guard on a player. Guard needs to have just as much uptime as Shuffle does.

Well, I’m new here and have some questions.

I tried some modifications without success.

It is possible to use these macros without having something like turbo mode?
My Keg Smash only works when the debuff disappears.
Moonsorow, you have a macro that works best for BM?
Sorry for my english. It is still under construction

I’m working on it, I am mostly using the 5.1 macros for right now. I’ll post an update later today if I get a chance.

[quote quote=6797]Well, I’m new here and have some questions.

I tried some modifications without success.

It is possible to use these macros without having something like turbo mode?<br>
My Keg Smash only works when the debuff disappears.<br>
Moonsorow, you have a macro that works best for BM?<br>
Sorry for my english. It is still under construction
[/quote]

Here is my macro. I made some major adjustments after reading and testing that Tiger Palm was going off too much. Tiger Palm is only really used to activate Power Guard and to give you the 30% debuff. It’s more important to have Blackout Kick as is provides you with Shuffle.

I haven’t tested these out yet, I just made them. I’ll be testing them over the weekend:

Single Target

/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Blackout Kick
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Guard
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,Keg Smash
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,Jab
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,Tiger Palm
/cast Elusive Brew
/cast Fortifying Brew
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

AoE

/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Breath of Fire
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Guard
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,0,Keg Smash
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,0,!Spinning Crane Kick
/castsequnce reset=0.5 0,Rushing Jade Wind
/cast Elusive Brew
/cast Fortifying Brew
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

If there is some issue please post so I can find out about it.

Tested them and stuck on the Tiger Palm spam for single you multi is ok but you spelt /castsequence wrong.

The problem with these macros are someone who spams the button faster then someone else will have different results the faster you spam the more often you will reach the 0,0,0,0,0,Blackout Kick line.

but i have noticed Tiger Palm has a shorter animation then lets say keg smash. So tiger palm will always go off before Keg smash if placed to close.

Monks are very tricky to get the right macro and press speed compared to other classes.

Untrue. The reason for the delay is to supposed to ensure that spell is done first.

Example: If Explosive Shot is last and Lock and Load procs than Explosive Shot is never used up. If it’s first or second than it’s used up.

The 0.5 timer is meant to be there so that you don’t hurt your hand.

Thanks for fixing my spelling, I’ll look to see any errors on it this weekend when I get a chance.

[quote quote=6811]Tested them and stuck on the Tiger Palm spam for single you multi is ok but you spelt /castsequence wrong.

The problem with these macros are someone who spams the button faster then someone else will have different results the faster you spam the more often you will reach the 0,0,0,0,0,Blackout Kick line.

but i have noticed Tiger Palm has a shorter animation then lets say keg smash. So tiger palm will always go off before Keg smash if placed to close.

Monks are very tricky to get the right macro and press speed compared to other classes.
[/quote]

[quote quote=6811]Tested them and stuck on the Tiger Palm spam for single you multi is ok but you spelt /castsequence wrong.

[/quote]

Humm
talking about the macro posted by moonsorow …
then you are saying that: more 0,0,0 in Tiger Palm line can be a solution?
I can not test right now because I’m at work

I don’t think so. No class has different animation speeds. All classes use a 1.5 sec pre-animation and animation speed. So I highly doubt it that the animation is the issue.

The way it works is what I posted is the rotation in terms of priority. If it needs to be changed for energy useage vs chi usage than all we have to do is replace the spell names.

Since I’m sharing my monk macros, thought I’d drop off my current BM one. Feel free to tweak as you’d like. This maintains high% shuffle, guard, and elusive uptimes…is spammable, and keeps purifying so you don’t often get to yellow/red.

/q 0
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Guard
/castsequence reset=6 Keg Smash, Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm, Jab, Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=6 Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Purifying Brew
/cast Elusive Brew
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Looks good David. I’ll test them out when I can.

David Schantz, nice job works perfect for me. 2hrs tanking a lot of heroic 5 man with no problem at all.
I have tried some possible improvements…well… no sucess

[quote quote=6862]Since I’m sharing my monk macros, thought I’d drop off my current BM one. Feel free to tweak as you’d like. This maintains high% shuffle, guard, and elusive uptimes…is spammable, and keeps purifying so you don’t often get to yellow/red.

/q 0<br>
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,Blackout Kick<br>
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,Chi Wave<br>
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Guard<br>
/castsequence reset=6 Keg Smash, Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm, Jab, Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm<br>
/castsequence reset=6 Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Purifying Brew<br>
/cast Elusive Brew<br>
/use 13<br>
/use 14<br>
/startattack

[/quote]

TY David Schantz, this macro double my dps. Can you use a diferent macro for aoe, using Breath of Fire and Spinning Crane Kick?

I love David Schantz macro… but it will not show tooltip …

Anyone else haveing that problem ?

[quote quote=7028]I love David Schantz macro… but it will not show tooltip …

Anyone else haveing that problem ?
[/quote]

Everyone else is having that problem with ALL macros >250 characters, it’s a limitation of the game/macros. If you really need to see a part of it you can make a separate macro showing the /castsequence line you want to see (ie; /castsequence reset=6 Keg Smash, Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm, Jab, Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm) and use that macro to track that part of the SDM.

David, u see my question?
Tks again 4 the macro.

If you want to see the abilities as they fire in the macro icon you have to have the /castsequence up the top which still should work fine. Here is what I would try if you want to see abilities and is a variation of Davids macro.

/castsequence reset=6 Keg Smash, Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm, Jab, Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=6 Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Purifying Brew
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Guard
/cast Elusive Brew
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Let me know if this fixed your problem.

THe code you gave michaeljackson worked as for showing the abilitys’s … but it seems not to be fireing off Blackout Kick and Chi Wave as much at the orginal macro…

I think ill just add the #showtooltip xxx just not to se the question mark :smiley:

Okay… just getting back into wow after a 3 year break so the new code is still new :smiley:

This is my AoE macro

#showtooltip Spinning Crane Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Breath Of Fire
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Spinning Crane Kick
/use Elusive Brew
/use Expel Harm
/use Chi Wave
/use Lifeblood
/use Guard
/startattack

But it seems that is not using Chi Wave … what am i doing wrong ? or will it just not work ?

[quote quote=7070]David, u see my question?<br>
Tks again 4 the macro.[/quote]

I did, and I can give it to you, but it really defeats the purpose of Brewmaster tanking. You’ll replace BoK w/ WoF as your chi spender, which would eliminate your shuffle uptime. If you’re gonna do it for when you’re not tanking the boss or w/e, it’s far better to use a stance switch macro for the increased chi.