Crypts Unholy Hole

Howdy, I’m not on my DK currently but if I remember correctly it should be currently set to /cast reset=target/combat Chains…

You could change it to /cast reset=combat then it will only cast when combat resets or reset=target then it will cast when new target is selected or take the line out and cast manually, I have it the way it is currently so that it just fires off automatically in PVP for both those situations to keep targets slowed.

Changed my covenant from Maldraxxus to Bastion…macro still just hangs if I hold shift. None of the abilities (abom limb/gargoyle/UA) fire. Other modifiers work fine.

edit: No difference with ElvUI actionbar lock toggled on/off, as you mentioned in another comment.

1 Like

First off, excellent macro…
**going to take off elvui and see if that fixes it
**Yep taking off elv ui seems to work but dunno how shift is a modifier for the other macros if you could message me…
I also make macros but these are more complex than mine

1 Like

Yep taking off elv ui seems to work but dunno how shift is a modifier for the other macros if you could message me…

If you look at the bottom of crypts_unholiest_main in the variables section it has a variable named KeyPress, and at the bottom of that it has: /click [mod:shift] CRYPTS_UNHOLIEST_GO but it doesn’t work for me either (with ElvUI)

edit: for now, I just put UNHOLIEST_GO on another button and manually keybound it to shift+UNHOLIEST_MAIN.

2 Likes

Ye so that is an option, u can always use the go on your action bar as another option, I stopped using ELVUI after many years this expansion, few too many irritating conflicts with base ui.

@Collapse ** I’m not sure I understand the question about the shift modifier? are you asking how it calls another macro? if so it’s not too complicated but has some nuances to it, you use /click name_of_macro instead of /cast or /castsequence, but that second macro has to be quite straight forward and can’t call itself again in the keypress section, just takes some practice.

Brilliant macro, many thanks for sharing.
I’ve been using this macro non stop on my pvp toon since you shared however following the update today it’s no longer casting Abomination Limb.
When i highlight the spell in my macro on the character bar it states ‘You are in the wrong zone’, i’ve tried amending the macro with the spell id 383269 but no luck.
Any ideas ?

Howdy ye I saw that earlier when I logged onto DK to get my vault goodies, tested it quick on a dummy and saw it was doing that again, it’s a pain, last time I fixed it by going back to Shadowlands and changing my covenant to something random and then coming back and relogging and it worked from there.

Haven’t had time to play the DK today though been a bit busy with work and now playing on the Feral druid a bit. Will hopefully check it out tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks again, that worked perfectly !

1 Like

What MS (sleep) are you running this at in AHK?

Hi, I don’t use AHK, I use Logitech or Razer mice @100ms

Any 10.0.5 updates to this macro or we still rocking it?

1 Like

Original post updated, make backups of previous talents and macros as this will override.

Both Builds are viable still, although this update is what I have been using lately.

1 Like

hey @Crypt , this macro is sick. wanted to send an update from using it and modifying it slightly (just changing pvp talents and modding the spells in macro)
Edit
still using the older version

so far just messing this week with my guild leader we pushed combatant 2 in 2 v 2’s
eyy

1 Like

Nice bro, ye I was messing around with it last night, there are quite a few talents you can play around with, I even changed to Unholy frenzy build mid solo shuffle to try it out again.

I do normally changed my PVP talents according to who I’m facing, spellcasters etc. I go with spellwarding and move 3 talents on the Deathknight side that synergize with that, then if it’s melee I go with necrotic aura or whatever and buff my Lichborne, I’ll post some screen shots in the main post on how people can do that.

1 Like

Updated with a tweak to Main macro and added screenshots of various build types.

1 Like

For some unknown reason i cant import the main macro. I paste it, but it doesnt show up in gse.

did u have the previous one? or first time using the macro

I have an old macro that I tweaked a bit in GSE2. Now in GSE3, I notice the “block” style that each action was converted to. Meanwhile, I run AHK at 300ms.

Regardless, in both versions (GSE2 and GSE3), I have always run into a situation where holding alt+1/ctrl+1/shift+1 (“1” key being the key to which my macro from GSE is bound) to fire off DnD (alt) or DT (ctrl) or Apoc (shift) will be “delayed” - sometimes by several seconds, like the modifier is not immediately taking priority. .

In other words, have you ever run into a situation where your modifier keys don’t immediately fire off the associated spell? If so, how did you overcome or avoid it?

In my case, the cause (I suspect) may be ‘castsequence’ - but I can’t be sure. I’m wondering if breaking out the ‘castsequence’ block so simple separated blocks each (one per spell in the former “sequence”, one block after the other per spell) would be more effective and achieve the actual intended result.

1 Like

Hi, firstly I would check the usual Key Bindings to make sure there is no conflict somewhere causing confusion and a delay. I don’t use AHK so I am not sure if 300ms is equivalent to 300ms on a mouse software, might be a delay because it’s an external program as well, 300ms is a bit slower so the time to respond to a mod will be slightly delayed but not as much as you are experiencing.

One thing you can test is putting [nomod] in front of all the abilities, this basically means your mod will get preference and the line won’t cast while you hold mod. /castsequence [nomod] ability, ability, ability
or /cast [nomod] ability. You will have to put this in front of anything and everything that fires in the body of the macro(s).

Splitting the abilities into /cast each in their own block will essentially be writing an entirely different macro and you will encounter issues with certain classes with an ability that just spams and starves your resource like Serpent Sting on BM, or Death Coil/Outbreak on DK.

If none of that works it might be time to get a Logitech or Razor mouse and save yourself a lot of hassle, Logitech is by far the easiest to configure a key spamming macro on, Razor was a bit of a pain but it does work as well

How would you go about having death strike cast more. Im seeing procs for it but it has to wait so long in the macro Im losing the proc or not getting all of them