CURRENT - New Macros for Christmas!

UPDATE: 12/31/2017 - Updated all macros. In particular, I updated the logic in the AOTB macros. I improved the overall efficiency of the macros, giving greater priority to Kill Command and Dire Beast. As noted below, if you run the stock macro and find yourself focus starved you have a couple of options:

1 - Use Dire Stable instead of Way of the Cobra
2 - Remove the last line of the macro that contains 3 Cobra Shots (example below)
3 - Both

Example line for removal if focus starved:

MOD - /castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot
NOMOD - /castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

UPDATE 2 - 12/31/2017 - I decided to include a /petattack line in the ‘KeyPress’ section. I had avoided doing this because I have experience intermittent latency and disconnects in the past using these types of lines. However, I decided to include it with the caveat that if you using a key spamming utility (such as AHK or a keyboard/mouse macro key spammer) that you set the timing to 125-150ms.

In my testing, at that timing, I haven’t experienced any problems and also found that my DPS increased. I am currently using 150ms as I found that my DPS was better at this timing than 125ms, which gave me better DPS than using 100ms.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING ONE OF THE AOTB MACROS, THEY ARE POSTED USING MAXIMUM FOCUS. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF FOCUS STARVED, SIMPLY REMOVE THE LAST LINE OF THE MACRO WHICH CONTAINS 3 COBRA SHOTS IN THE CASTSEQUENCE.

I spent a lot of time redoing all my macros. I noted some oddness in how the macros were being processed, and finally figured out what was going on and then figured out how to best exploit the functionality.

The macros have some similarities in the logic, but each is unique and optimized different for the specific usage it is intended for.

All the macros assume you are using one of the following talent builds:

21x1x32
31x1x32
21x1x33
31x1x33

All the macros assume you will ALWAYS use Stomp, One with the Pack and Volley. They also assume you will use Way of the Cobra OR Dire Stable. They also assume you will use Killer Cobra OR Aspect of the Beast.

Never used: Dire Frenzy and A Murder of Crows. DF is simply worse than Stomp for every relevant fight. If you are running some extreme stat build that makes DF ‘better’, fantastic. Do you boo. But don’t ask me for a macro for this, I am not going to do it. For the most part, no changes are needed to use DF anyways.

A Murder of Crows can be situationally better, but I presume that most people (including me) are going to stick with the same talent build for all the BOSS fights. Under that paradigm, Volley is simply better, or at worst, perhaps 1-2% behind, even on single target. Once again, I am not accounting for extreme builds. If you want to use AMOC, feel free to edit the macro to use it, but please don’t ask me to create a macro to optimize AMOC.

The reasons for the changes in logic in the macros is complicated and its too late at night for me to provide details, but I might respond to this post at some point at provide the details about what I found and why the macros are configured the way that they are.

The good news is that these macros are much improved. This doesn’t necessarily mean that your DPS will be better, but I do believe that the overall performance has been improved significantly.

The AOTB macros as posted are max focus use. If you are focus starved, simply remove the bottom line which should look something like this:

/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

Remove the line with 3 Cobra Shots in it will reduce the ration of Cobra Shots to Kill Commands. IF you are still focus starved, then also remove the next bottom line which should include 2 Cobra Shots.

I did it this way to create some universality to help those that are not happy with their focus use. The Killer Cobra builds are not subject to this problem as Cobra Shot is chained to Kill Command.

I also optimized the use of Titan’s Thunder. It is used much more quickly, without delay, immediately after Dire Beast without the need for a ‘reset’ command. This provides the least delay and the maximum overall DPS benefit. Ultimately though, the overall difference in DPS of this ability is very minor, so don’t expect major DPS changes.

And now the macros:

1 - GweenBM - Uses MODs. Talents - 21x1x32 or 31x1x32

Sequences['GweenBM'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3131132",
  Help = [[Press CTRL to activate AOE Mode.  Release CTRL for Single Target Mode.
Press/Hold CTRL for AOE
Press ALT to Heal/Rez pet.
Press SHIFT to Utilize CC/Stuns/Interrupts
Talents - 3131132]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Growl",
        "/cast Lightforged Augment Rune",
        "/cast Repurposed Fel Focuser",
      },
        "/castsequence Dire Beast, Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [mod:alt] Revive Pet; Dire Beast, Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; Kill Command, Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

2 - NoModsBM - Doesn’t use MODs. Talents - 21x1x32 or 31x1x32

Sequences['NoModsBM'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3131132",
  Help = [[Talents - 3131132]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

3 - Z-AOTB-Boot - Uses MODs - Talents - 21x1x33 or 31x1x33. Intended for those wearing legendary boot.

Sequences['Z-AOTB-Boots'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3131132",
  Help = [[Single Target - Uses MODS - Using Legendary Boots]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; Kill Command, Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder",
        "/castsequence [mod:alt] Revive Pet; [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

4 - Z-NoModAOTB-Boots - Doesn’t use MODs. Talents - 21x1x33 or 31x1x33. Intended for those using legendary boots.

Sequences['Z-NoModAOTB-Boots'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2131133",
  Help = [[Single Target - No MODs - Using Legendary Boots]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

5 - Z-AOTBNoBoots - Uses MODs. Talents - 21x1x33 or 31x1x33. For those NOT using legendary boots.

Sequences['Z-AOTBNoBoots'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2131133",
  Help = [[Single Target - Uses MODs - Not using Legendary Boots]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence [mod:alt] Revive Pet; [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

6 - Z-NoModAOTB-noBoots - Doesn’t use MODs. Talents - 21x1x33 or 31x1x33. For those not using legendary boots.

Sequences['Z-NoModAOTB-noBoots'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2131133",
  Help = [[Single Target - No MODs, Not using Legendary Boots]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Enjoy!

Gween

P.S. Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Hey Gween,
thank you so much for your effort that playing BM is even more fun!

Wish you a merry christmas.

P.S. Now I have to try your new macros ;-).

THANKS GWEEN HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS

Quick Question,

i’m fairly new to WoW. What does MODs and Without MODs mean in your description? I would greatly appreciate it.

yes gween I am Italian and I apologize for English. i are currently 944 geared 2 gear bonus tier 21, but my dps with the new macr or just put is 1.20 million maximum. they seem to suffer, however, a little focus on ferocious beast.

[quote quote=56324]Quick Question,
i’m fairly new to WoW. What does MODs and Without MODs mean in your description? I would greatly appreciate it.
[/quote]

with MODS means you will have to push CTRL, Alt or shift to fully utilise the macro
Without MODS means it is truly a 1 button macro and you won’t have any other keys like Ctrl, Alt or Shift to press

Thanks Gween,

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

MODs = Modifiers

Modifiers are CTRL, ALT and SHIFT

Using a modifier in a macro written to support them can provide additional and situational functionality that is not part of the macro without the MOD.

For example, my macros, by default are designed to be single target macros. However, holding CTRL changes the macro into an AOE macro. For BM this means that single target will use abilities like Kill Command, Cobra Shot and Dire Beast, but with CTRL it will only use Multi-Shot and Dire Beast and will block the single target abilities.

I personally love using modifiers because I can craft a single macro that gives me a lot of different functionality with a simple keypress. I don’t have to run one macro for single target, one for aoe and other macros to heal my pet, use crowd control, etc. One macro contains all the functionality I want.

But I also understand that modifiers don’t work for everyone, or not everyone wants modifiers. So I provide a version of all my macros both ways, with and without modifiers.

I essentially have 3 macros, each with 2 forms.

Macro 1 - Killer Cobra Macro - with and without modifiers
Macro 2 - AOTB Macro w/Legendary Boots - with and without modifiers
Macro 3 - AOTB Macro w/o Legendary boots - with and without modifiers

So 3 macros, each with 2 forms, for a total of 6 macros. Pick your flavor.

I personally use the Killer Cobra macro (called GweenBM) because I think it provides the best DPS under all conditions and it is the easiest to work with.

Gween

Sort of, I guess.

If you use a macro with modifiers, you should get the identical performance as the one without the modifiers. The one with modifiers just provides more options, but they are completely optional to use.

Gween

What DPS are you expecting? Do you get better DPS from some other macro?

It is very hard for me to make any suggestions just based on an iLvL and a DPS number. Can you provide a link to any logs?

Gween

the perfect rotation of the bm is dimm ise wrong is it?
kill command + say beast always 100% fixed and cobra shot when these 2 are not active right?

[quote quote=56331]the perfect rotation of the bm is dimm ise wrong is it?
kill command + say beast always 100% fixed and cobra shot when these 2 are not active right?[/quote]

In all honesty, I am at a loss as to what you are asking me. I truly wish I understood how I could help you.

That said, you mention the ‘perfect rotation’.

There is no rotation. There is simply priority. Some abilities have a higher priority to others. Some abilities should be cast regardless of how much focus you have and other abilities should NOT be used, even if available under certain circumstances.

For example, my priority list would look like:

1 - Kill Command
2 - Dire Beast
3 - Cobra Shot - When Bestial Wrath is active to rest KC cool-down
4 - Cobra Shot - When focus >90

Note that there is no priority at all for using Cobra Shot with focus below 90. Even if available, you should not use it. Why? Because it is more important to reserve focus for Kill Command and Bestial Wrath burst phases.

Gween

ok so you’re saying it should be that basic:
kill command-say beast-cobra shot.
cobra shot should only be used outside global cd and when bestal wrath is disabled

Ok after reading your comments,I come to this conclusion . hunter BM to exploit it at the top in need of some specific features: rotation of Priorities:order of death-beast-shot of the cobra when the 2 main spell are always coldow. However we specify order of death always fixed at 100% beast idem more possible in such a way as to have even 4-5 all together,here I would add thunder of Titan in the more ferocious beasts you active greater will also be dps damage . Therefore

Umm…

Just use the macro.

Or don’t…

Gween

Ok ,the macr oattuale you’ve posted,but I noticed that does not use a wild beast as priority goes sometimes to use shot of cobra,you may check and see ? Having said that it is possible to make a macro with the requirements that I indicated gween? Perhaps provand oancora amodificare today

Sequences['Frenzyfurfle'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111132",
  Help = [[
]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      LoopLimit=6,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast ira bestiale",
        "/cast tuono del titano",
        "/cast aspetto della selva",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast bestia feroce",
        "/cast ordine di morte",
        "/cast tiro del cobra",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Ok gwenn you may test this macro? The taken from your old macro and modified to now updated,i tried to give priority to spell as it should be. If you can advise me or say testing if ec some problem etc. thanks

I published 6 macros. Which one are you referring too?

You are wrong. All of my macros prioritize the use of Dire Beasts (or Dire Frenzy if you are using that) over Cobra Shot, except for the Killer Cobra macros where it is desired to reset the cool-down of Kill Command.

Either way, the macros are optimized (in my opinion) to make the best use of the abilities we have.

I am sorry, I honestly don’t know what you want. I regret the language barrier. The best I can suggest is to use the macros as I have designed them, or perhaps we can find another way to communicate the problem you are experiencing better.

Gween

You may test the macro that I posted above please gween and tell me how it goes according to you?

It causes me to become focus starved constantly because it won’t stop casting Cobra Shot. Worse, Cobra Shot actually costs less focus (28 for me) than Kill Command because of Slithering Serpents. So it effectively prioritizing Cobra Shot ahead of Kill Command.

I have tried every macro other people post and have tried more iterations of macros personally than I can count, trying every conceivable method to try to optimize the DPS. What I posted is the absolute best I can come up with.

Other may be better given specific conditions, so I encourage you, and anyone else to try them all and see what fits you the best.

Gween