CURRENT - New Macros for Christmas!

In all fairness, I wish I could be more than just an avid user of all these macro’s , So first of all , GWEEN you rock , thank you for these presents.

Also I have been using your old AOTB with boots spec the most because I also use AHK at MS 100 and it simply works for me

I have read all your posts about the Cobra spec …and for some reason I always underperform even with AHK again set to same 100MS

I would love to 'abuse ’ your time as I am now on vacation to maybe help me out with what I am setting up.

I expect that we are going to be moving into Mythic raiding in 2018 , and even though I am slowly dropping on the overall damage (as BM’s are just middle tier DPS so it seems) I would love your input into gearing options…

I have been trying to emulate your stats am 957 atm
Thanks for all you do I logged in on my Blizz account so it is easy to track me :slight_smile: let me know if/and when you do have time!

You could probably start a business with your knowlege tbh

So I ran your new Cobra macro and did about 1.4 mill after 5 minutes and my sim using MR robot has me at 1.5 Mill, so awesome and getting close (Not Available) so you can see how my gear and stats looked like

I also ran you new AOTB Macro and also did 1.4 mill after 5 minutes and my sim using MR Robot has me at 1.47 and my sim has me at 1.6 Mill, so the gap of the sequence seems to bea bit bigger , like you have pointed out
Not Available so you can see how i geared and stats looked like.

In short AWESOME stuff Gween…I guess I will go to the Cobra rotation like you mentioned

Regards
Glenn

merry xmas thanks !!! added you :slight_smile:

Hello Gween,

I have been using several of your macros over the last years, thanks a lot for your time and effort, you rock!

Merry X-Mas

Desash

You are the man!!! This macro works like a charm.

Very awesome! Thanks!

AOTB-Boots, great macro! I love using GS. Having issues with ctrl modifier. Shift modifier works great. I’m sure I screwed up a keybind or something. Any help you can offer would be great. Would love to be able to multi-shot when ctrl is held down. Any ideas?

the macros are all the same unfortunately, suffer from focus, and they stop often. If you play spec zoo / frenzy does not change anything the current dps is the same. The statistics is equally not necessary at all on the dps.

[quote quote=56438]the macros are all the same unfortunately, suffer from focus, and they stop often. If you play spec zoo / frenzy does not change anything the current dps is the same. The statistics is equally not necessary at all on the dps.
[/quote]
“Your comments are all the same unfortunately, suffer from content, and they are often incomprehensible.” :wink:

m8, thx for ur great work!
Which legendaries do you prefer for your macro?

Hey Gween

First time trying out BM in Legion, what do i do in terms of aoe? and do you use ahk, do you have a rekommandation in what will be good to use macro on in ms?

Jimmy

Good morning,

over the last days I used the macro “4 – Z-NoModAOTB-Boots – Doesn’t use MODs” with the talents 31x1x33.
In every fight (Antorus, ToS) wowanalyzer.com has the recommendation to use “Kill Command” more often.

Some excamples:
Kill Command Kill Command 12.16 54/80 casts 66.56% Can be improved.
Kill Command Kill Command 12.52 68/93 casts 73.59% Can be improved.
Kill Command Kill Command 13.66 49/65 casts 76.24% Can be improved.
Kill Command Kill Command 12.99 85/111 casts 77.13% Can be improved.
Kill Command Kill Command 13.58 74/97 casts 76.11% Can be improved.
Kill Command Kill Command 11.23 102/149 casts 68.65% Can be improved.

Is it meaningful to adjust the macro with some additional Kill Commands? And if so, where to place them?
This setting profits greatly from Kill Command, right?

Gween - awesome updates. Thanks so much for you time as always…

Pet doesn’t switch target when I do. It used to, but just stopped. Any idea why? Using GwenBM from the first page.

[quote quote=56546]In every fight (Antorus, ToS) wowanalyzer.com has the recommendation to use “Kill Command” more often.

Is it meaningful to adjust the macro with some additional Kill Commands? And if so, where to place them?[/quote]

There are six lines in the macro. 5 of the lines start with Kill Command. Adding more Kill Commands would not help.

Instead, we must determine what the analyzer is ACTUALLY telling you and why.

It is important to understand that the analyzer presumes that the most optimal thing to do is to cast Kill Command on every cool-down. This is neither practical nor realistic, but we can leave that aside for the moment.

Generally, the analzyer is going to assume that you should cast a Kill Command every 6 seconds. So if a fight lasts for 240 seconds (4 minutes) it will assume you should have cast 40 Kill Commands in that time frame. So why did you only cast 33 Kill Commands?

Things which prevent Kill Command from being cast on cool-down:

1 - Lack of Focus
2 - Another ability being cast
3 - Latency
4 - A different ability is queued up by the macro
5 - Pet was out of range
6 - You and/or pet were stunned/silenced/CC’d/etc.
7 - etc…

So there are many reasons why you may not have cast Kill Command exactly when it came off cool down each time. In fact, it is expected that this will not happen. The goal then, is to attempt to craft the macro in such a way that it will eliminate or reduce most of the preventable reasons. For example, changing talents from ‘Way of the Cobra’ to ‘Dire Stable’ increases focus regeneration which might eliminate or reduce the times when you have insufficient focus to cast Kill Command. Of course, such a change will likely impact the overall DPS in other ways as well, which may be advantageous or disadvantageous.

The logic I try to push in my macros is what I call ‘Fall-thru Priority’. Without going into too much detail, I am attempting to create a logic ion the macro that will prioritize certain abilities and de-prioritize other abilities.

One could, and many do just toss in a bunch of /cast commands in the macro, put it on sequential or priority and call it a day. Such as:

/cast Kill Command
/cast Dire Beast
/cast Cobra Shot

That can work, albeit in a more limited fashion. BM Hunters only have a few abilities, and in the short time, especially with Bestial Wrath and some fortuitous ‘Wild Call’ procs it can, in the short term, do just fine. What I think makes my macros superior is that I am attempting to optimize the macros for very long fights, even at times when Bestial Wrath is not active and focus is low.

Very generally speaking, it is fair to claim that a macro will be less effective then a human being who makes the most optimal ability use choices at the most optimal times. A macro will never be 100% optimal over the long term. But it can be 95% optimal or 92% optimal or even 98% optimal. Some poorly designed macros might be only 80% optimal.

It isn’t always easy to determine how effective a macro is because of RNG. However, you can determine how close a macro comes to your simulated DPS and how often it does this. I continually strive to achieve >95% efficiency in my macros. These new versions do that, but they are not 100% optimal. They will never be. I have some updates that increase the efficiency even further that I will push those updates soon.

While I am venting, I do see other people posting macros for BM, and I fully support this. I often want to ask them, “What benefit is your macro providing you that you are not getting from my macro?” or “Why is your macro better than my macro?”. I don’t ask these questions because I don’t want to seem like I think that only my macros are good, or that I am competing against people or nit-picking what they are doing. I get how those questions might sound, even though I am truly curious why they are not getting satisfactory results from the macros I publish, which I honestly believe are superior.

On the one hand, I get that, as published, my macros may not be ‘optimal’ for everyone. Unfortunately, this just isn’t possible. Different talents, gear and stats will change things in a significant way that might call for the macro to be altered slightly to regain that 95%+ efficiency. IF you wind up focus starved, there are changes that can be made to resolve that. If you are focus capped too often, there are changes that can be made to resolve that. But without having a perfectly clear understanding about the logic of the macro, it can be hard for someone else to figure out what changes to make to the macro to re-optimize it. At some point I hope to publish an explanation of the logic of my current macros, what it is doing and why it works.

The point of my long-winded tirade, is that I do believe that the foundation of my macros are the best available and with slight alterations it can be made optimal for everyone and anyone. Hell, even I run a slightly altered version of my macros for my hunters that I edit as my gear changes to keep it optimal. My macros are a baseline, a solid baseline.

In any event, look for the updates which are coming soon which should help resolve at least part of your issue. Beyond that, if it is a focus problem, it is easily fixable.

Gween

Other than the Legendary boots, none of the legendaries impact the basic macro rotation. Additionally, the boot sonly make sense when using the ‘Aspect of the Beast’ talent, since using 'Killer Cobra causes ‘Kill Command’ to reset fully when you cast ‘Cobra Shot’.

Other than that, the Sephuz’s Secret ring grants a big haste bonus when you interrupt or stun something, so if you can utilize ‘Counter Shot’ and/or ‘Binding Shot’ effectively, that will increase your DPS.

I go with whatever legendaries give me the best overall DPS increase. This varies based on gear, so I can’t tell you what I will use day to day or week to week.

Gween

Have you figured this out?

IF not, the most likely problem is that CTRL+Whatever key you put the macro on is already bound to something. For example, if you place it on the 3 key on your hotbar, you may already have a key binding for CTRL+3.

You can look in your key binding and unbind whatever it is, or you can create a key binding for it (CTR:+3 in my example) then unbind it. When you create the key binding, it will warn you if that binding is already in use.

Gween

BM Hunters AOE abilities include Multi-Shot, Beast Cleave (pet AOEs for 4 seconds after each Multi-Shot), Stomp (Tier 30 talent which is performed casting Dire Beast), Volley (passive talent that can be turned on or off), Barrage (not recommended), Chimaera shot (not recommended), and Stampede (if it passes through multiple mobs, but not recommended).

Generally, I recommend ‘Stomp’ and ‘Volley’ and casting Multi-Shot judiciously when there are multiple mobs. Judicously means that you use Multi-Shot heavily when you have 4 or more target in range of your pet, and use it much less (to save focus) when there are fewer targets. With only 1 target, it is rarely advisable to use Multi-Shot.

I have used it in the past, so I am familiar with it, but I do not currently use it.

I am assuming you are asking about using some external key spamming utility (AHK is an example of one) and how frequently it should spam the key. This depends on your latency, but I typically use 100-150ms with good results.

The advantage of slowing it down (using a higher ms timer) is that it skips abilities less frequently and tends to smooth out the rotation. I find that my DPS goes up using a higher number. Figuring out your ‘sweet spot’ is mostly a matter of trial and error.

I am currently using 150ms which gives me better dps than using 125, which gives me better dps than using 100.

There are other advantages of using higher ms timings as well. For example, if you use a line such as:

/startattack
/petattack

or other ‘spam’ lines you are much less likely to experience latency or disconnects that if you are using ridiculous numbers like 25ms.

Gween

This is by design. I have personally experience occasional latency and disconnects when using spam lines like:

/petattack

So I tend to leave them out. Even without switching, there are very few times that this is a problem and I simply manually use the pet attack button.

However, I have recently began using higher key spam timings (currently using 150ms) so it is entirely possible that I would no longer experience latency or disconnects.

That said you can fix this in a couple of ways. I will insert the less invasive method into the macro by default.

1 - In the ‘KeyPress’ section of GSSE, add the following line:

/petattack [mod:alt]

This will tell the pet to attack your target whenever you press the ALT hotkey. ALT will also cause REVIVE PET to be cast, which will heal your pet (if alive) or rez your pet (if dead). Otherwise the macro will continue to run normally.

2 - In the ‘Keypress’ section of GSSE, add the following line:

/petattack

This will spam the /petattack command causing your pet to immediately switch to your target.

CAUTION: This can hurt DPS if you misclick and the pet is forced to run long distances back and forth between targets and unable to attack.

WARNING: This command has been known to cause intermittent latency and disconnect issues. Be aware of this if you start experiencing problems. Using increased spam timers for those using AHK or keyboard/mouse macro utilities. I recommend using 150ms.

I will include ‘/petattack’ by default. Hopefully it doesn’t cause any issues, but I expect people will speak up if there is.

Gween

Hello,
I also having some disconnects (I am using petattack…).
Can u describe the disconnects you have?

At the NoModsBM u r using cast sequence with two DB…why not just cast DB?
I fuse that the 3x cast sequence KC CS is to catch the reset of KC from BW…right?

I updated all 6 macros.

I added /petattack to that pets would immediately switch to your target. Please let me know if this causes any latency of disconnect problems.

I updated the logic of the macros to improve the priority scheme and the overall efficiency of the macro. To be clear, when I refer to the efficiency of the macro, I am talking about the ratio of the expected DPS under ‘perfect’ conditions (which is what a simulator does) and the macro.

It is not expected that the macro will perform ‘perfectly’ in that it will give you 100% (or more) of your simulated DPS. The goal is to achieve 95% or greater.

When you read through the macro and notice all the castsequence lines and that I haven’t simply just inserted a bunch of /cast lines with individual abilities, the entire purpose in the order of the lines and the lines themselves is to try to make the macro choose the ‘best’ ability at any given time.

Since the macro cannot make decisions, it must be programmed in from the beginning. To be sure, a simple macro that looks like the following:

/cast Kill Command
/cast Dire Beast
/cat Cobra Shot

can do decently, but it will not be able to compete (over time) against a macro that more effectively prioritizes our abilities.

Please note that I am NOT saying that only my macros are good ad all other macros are bad. I am simply saying that I am constantly tweaking my macros looking for better ways to improve the overall DPS. I am not interested in optimizing 2 minute fights, or trivial trash encounters. Instead, my goal to provide raiding macros that are optimized for extended fights that last more than 5 minutes. I want the macro to cast abilities as close as possible to the decisions I would be making if I was doing it manually.

This means that oftentimes my macros are optimized for me, and your results may not be as good as my results. Fortunately, my macros are designed in such a way that it is usually easy to alter the macro to account the differences in performance. Typically, this comes down to focus regeneration.

Focus regeneration comes in many forms. Focus regenerates naturally at a rate defined by your Haste rating. More haste equals faster focus regeneration. Additionally we have abilities and talents and gear that can change the cost of abilities, or grant additional focus regeneration on top of our normal regeneration.

For example, Dire Beast or Dire Frenzy gives us an additional 12 or 24 focus respectively. The Dire Stable talent increases this by 12 to bring the total to an extra 24 or 36 additional focus for Dire Beast or Dire Frenzy, respectively.

Gear, such as the Legendary Belt, can cause the focus cost of all abilities to be lowered (by 15% in the case of the belt whenever Bestial Wrath is active).

Taken in total, we have the choice of reducing our focus expenditure, by casting fewer Cobra Shots (our focus dump) and/or changing the nature of our focus costs and regeneration curve. Which options gives you the best results depend on where you are currently relative to your statistics, what gear you have available, and the viability of eliminating some ratio of focus expenditure from the macro.

The AOTB macros in particular are designed so that you can eliminate one or more lines to change the ratio of Cobra Shot to Kill Command casts. Casting fewer Cobra Shot leaves a larger pool of focus for other abilities to pull from.

The Killer Cobra macros (‘GweenBM’ and ‘NoModsBM’) chain Cobra Shot to Kill Command (but not necessarily chaining Kill Command to Cobra Shot) to maintain a 1:1 ratio. It can be slightly off from this, especially if you ‘help’ the macro during periods of high focus by adding Cobra Shot manually, but the macro will be very close to a 1:1 ratio of Kill Command:Cobra Shot. The reason why is that I choose to sacrifice a small amount of DPS during the non-burst phases (when Bestial Wrath is not active) so that we can have high or maximum focus for the burst phases (when Bestial Wrath is active).

The modifiers in the ‘GweenBM’ macro even allows you to hold back from casting Aspect of the Wild and Blood Fury (Orc Racial) if you want to line them up for use during a BW burst phase. Personally, I wouldn’t hold it up by more than a few seconds though.

I am currently playing around with using a modifier to block Dire Beast, to try to get more Kill Command/Cobra Shot rotations in during BW phases. I am not sure if this will be an advantage or not, but I am always trying new ideas to see what works.

For those that are curious, I get my best results using Killer Cobra instead of AOTB. Despite having made significant improvements to my AOTB macros, Killer Cobra still outperforms AOTB. By a significant margin. I also get better DPS using Dire Stable instead of WOTC. For short fights, WOTC is better, but on longer fights, DS just gives me higher DPS.

Your mileage may vary. As always, I am available for any questions or help requests.

Gween