Cym's Defile Build

Ok this is a slightly unorthodox build and i am not following any specific talent build with it. In fact I am staying away from a couple of suggested talents for this.

This build is built around the use of the Death’s Head legendary and i wanted to make a macro specifically for Defile to be use in Dungeons and Mythics primarily. Due to this, this macro is very niche and in no way is it to be in contest with Enix’s Soul Reaper Build.

Suggested build would normally use Clawing Shadows but i found this to be a big DPS loss while running with Defile. Not sure why but i tested it very vigorously and it just did not work in the build at all, feel free to test it out but i was often 30 million short of the damage done at the end of a 5 minute attack.

This is the best build i could get to work - 3211312
If you find you can do more DPS after tinkering with the macro then i would be interested to see and test the macro out.

What i would not like to see complaints about in this macro is that your ST sucks or you used it in a raid and it’s not performing well. I have stated already it’s more for dungeons/mythics and that’s about it so use it in other circumstances at your own risk :slight_smile:

Sequences['DefiledLikeACorpse'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Gravesider@Saurfang",
  SpecID=252,
  Talents = "3211312",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Outbreak, null",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Apocalypse(Artifact)",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dark Transformation",
        "/cast Summon Gargoyle",
        "/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
        "/cast Festering Strike",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
        "/castsequence Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Outbreak",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Video of it’s performance is here as usual too:Defile DK Build

This can be run between 80 to 140ms.

i try i tell you that that ! Ty

Hello Cymiryc

can it be used for world stuff?

Jimmy

Yeah sure, it will work perfectly fine.
I just wanted to emphasize more that your single target damage may not match other macros…it might, i have used it in raids myself with decent results.

So i have gone back a little more to tweak this out for better sustain and tinkered with the talents a little more and have found a better performing spec.

This will see a return to Clawing Shadows but further removes itself from other talents.
In this case i also take Blighted Rune Weapon and Necrosis.

Will post here so you can compare the 2 outputs

Sequences['DefiledLikeACorpseTwice'] = {
  SpecID=252,
  Talents = "3331122",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Summon Gargoyle",
        "/cast Blighted Rune Weapon",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Thanks Cymiryc! I also have the Lego head(Death March) and I am now doing 250k more dps @ the target dummies!!! I was just playing around on the 110 target dummies and thought Hey I wonder if there is any new macro’s for unholy since I just got my lego head and was doing a steady 650k…now with your macro and 3211312 I’m doing 850-870k …and I’m only at 875 ilvl! with no concordance.

Also this was after 100Mil Damage and no Army of the dead used!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

My Armory

No problem :slight_smile:

I tried a LOT of different talents on building this and found Necrosis to be best for pure DPS output. Which is kind of weird and with Clawing Shadows it was just a monster :slight_smile:

Hey Man quick question…On the DefiledLikeACorpseTwice Macro it has Scourge Strike and no Clawing shadows? I’m guessing this is not right.Can you modify and tell us where to insert clawing shadows?

Thanks Bro i’m using the first macro until then as it still rocks!

Disregard This whole thing Clawing Shadows replaces Scourge strike I’m an Idiot!!

So some Feedback :slight_smile: : as you wished… xD

The Death and Decay is not fire properly some are missed. I think this is the same problem john had with his blood macro. i would say add another one more to be more smooooothly. like this i think it was :slight_smile:

Sequences['DefiledLikeACorpseTwice'] = {
  SpecID=252,
  Talents = "3331122",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Summon Gargoyle",
        "/cast Blighted Rune Weapon",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
        "/cast Scourge Strike",
        "/cast Death Coil",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Yeah, I tried to make the macro as backwards compatible as I could so it can work with different builds.

Defile will fire by using Death and Decay
Clawing Shadows will fire with Scourge Strike
Dark Arbiter will fire with Summon Gargoyle

Have not tried a DA build using the macro as I was single focused on Defile :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Brummm, I will take another look at it once home tomorrow and see how that adition works :slight_smile:

Hello guys im realy love this macro workign nicly even whit missing the cas on defile . only problemn im noticed when im runnign fast mytich+ it drops defile before trash death so the next trash pach it is not upp…Anyone can help me how to make a modalt or simuler so i can droppit manuelly when im holding down mod…usely not a problem in a boss fight bosss dont move much but notucable in fast runn dungeons…

simply use modifier

/cast [mod:alt][@player] Death and Decay

or

/cast [@player][mod:alt] Death and Decay

i dont know the right position for [@player]

First one is fine :slight_smile:

Add that to the keypress option and remove the others from the macro. I would use shift or ctrl since Alt is used for Apocalypse

Hello thx for the help im changed the middle line like this
/cast Dark Transformation
/cast Summon Gargoyle
/cast Blighted Rune Weapon
/cast Festering Strike
/cast Scourge Strike
/cast Death Coil
/cast Scourge Strike
/cast Death Coil
/castsequence Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Outbreak

,im remioved the mod allt fron premacro ofc only mod:alt in the line are those 2 :=)

and still dropping defile every time…have no ide why …matby the rest of the lines ned to be samthing like nomod ?

Hello all!
First of all I’d like to thank Cym for this wonderful macro. It seems to be the most powerful one for unholy at the moment.
Second of all, does anyone of you guys use AHK? And if you do could you please share the optimum delay for keypress?

Thank you!

And another question would: What is your feedback guys with regards to secondary stats?
Should we just stack Mastery for Defile?
Should we aim for any break points for Haster or Crit maybe?
Thank you once again!

I can’t wait to get this helmet and test this macro in myth+ :slight_smile: Thank you Cym, i appreciate your work and all your macrso a lot !

You can go ahead and use this before hand. The helm itself will not increase the DPS as such, it just allows you to cast Death and Decay/Defile a few seconds quicker, depending on your Death Coil and Death Strike usage :slight_smile:

Cym… Your UI… I NEED IT.

Share.

Are you manually hitting the death coil procs as they happen or just letting the macro handle them as well?