Cym's Disc Priest Build

Cym when i saw this post i got excited. I loaded it into the game. It imported with no problem but when I placed it on my action bar and hit the button …nothing. Im gonna delete it and try again and will report back.

Ok i went back and tried it again. I got some action out of it this time. I went to the sewers …targeted a feral druid…set myself as focus…spammed away. Results were me only casting smite on feral till i died…no heals on myself at all …no shield or anything. I moused over myself also and still nothing. I was using vudu frames but will switch over to healbot frames once game is back online.

Ok that’s a little disturbing. I will test it tomorrow at some point when I come home form work.

I didn’t test it with myself as a focus but just left it as default so if I had a target selected I mouseover the intended heal target and that became the primary action before returning back to dps.

I’m really bad with PvP but I will try take a video of it in action :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok…I just had a total noob moment. I was so excited to try out a disc priest pvp macro that I totally forgot to change to disc spec lol. Ok so after changing specs…it works. I cant tell how well because i went pvp as a merc for alliance. The horde stuck to me the entire game and i couldnt tell up from down lol. Will test out more as horde though lol.

I can’t attest to how it will work, i just threw it together as a request but i tried to make it as simple to use as possible, it only looks awkward than it really is :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont post to often but i always do when i find something extraordinary. i love these macros! at first i didnt like the heal macro because it fired off an ass load of Pleas before it would even do its first Shadow Mend .so all i did was copy the Shadow Mend line and paste it under the power word shield so it attempts to fire it off a little more reliably . Fantastic Work Cym , simply fantastic

Not sure why this says its my first post…im confused lol

amazing macro cym

Need help, I am having issues with Penance being cut short when using GSSE Macro on my Night Elf Priest. It will only fire one bolt then immediately goes to smite. The “nochannel” seems to have no effect.
I know the macro works fine cause when I am on my Blood Elf priest, Penance fires just fine and smite doesn’t cut it short. The macro works great on Blood Elf priest but not on the night elf priest. What am i missing here…it is exactly the same macro and the same GSSE. All I have done is switched toons.

When i created a separate macro using the default Blizz Macro option the ‘nochannel’ option does prevent Smite from cutting short the channeled spell of Penance. The problem only occurs when using GSSE on Night Elf Priest. Am I missing some option in gsse for the night elf?

Thanks…

[quote quote=54658]Am I missing some option in gsse for the night elf?
[/quote]

This isn’t a race/macro issue. This is a gear issue. I had the same problem (funny enough, on my nelf priest) after a lfr run last night. I got a trinket upgrade, The Deceiver’s Grand Design, that would interrupt Penance while casting. Watch your buffs when casting Penance to see what you have on that is conflicting with the channeled spell. Uncheck that item from the equip list in GSE and use it manually.

I also tried a [nochanneling] macro for my trinket, but that didn’t work either. Removing it and using it manually fires off Penance without problems now.

Out of curiosity which macro is being used?

the 2 button option or the 1 button (newer) macro?

In the 2 button there will not be a clip on Penance in the DPS macro but there will be on the heal macro because i have omitted the nochanneling conditional.

In the new macro i can understand the clipping as the conditional is not presented at all.

If you add it in then it will need it on all lines. Generally it should only be used/needed on the line that has the channel spell but with the speeds of the macro that the other spells are being presented at to the wow client, it will clip before the channel is complete.

Like this

Without:

cast
cast
OK not channeling so i will channel a spell
Interrupt sorry my turn and cast next spell (rude)
cast
cast
etc until it hits the nochanneling and repeat.

With it on all the lines:

cast
cast
OK not channeling so i will channel a spell
hold your horses big boy
nope still doing something
sigh go away
OK cast now
cast

I don’t use either of them, but the basic one I made for myself is similar to your dps one. All of my spells Acevedo (are on* That’s what I get for replying from my phone) a nochanneling conditional so they don’t interrupt Penance, but Penance is on its own modifier. I tested your macros without my trinket, and they work as intended. With the trinket, the shield that is activated interrupts Penance. So it’s not an issue with the macro at all. It’s strictly a gear issue that interferes with a channeled spell.

Thanks all for the reply’s.

I will check out the gear issue and change out any gear that might proc. I was using the one button macro…And added “nochannel” to all lines just to be sure…

I just couldn’t wrap my head around why it would worked fine on one toon but not the other…

OMG…That is exactly what I had as my second trinket…lol

Removed and stuck another in its place and macro works fine…

Thank you so much Spyder… I can peacefully play that toon now…lol…It was very irritating…

I wouldn’t remove it unless you had a really good upgrade. That’s a pretty strong trinket unless you’re replacing it with a legendary. Just uncheck the box for that trinket and use it manually when needed and when Penance is on cooldown. Not as easy as a one button macro, but better for you in the long run. Pretty sweet trinket of you pvp. Between the trinket and our shields, they’ll have a hard time taking you down.

Hi, it is possible to chanche the makkro so that he cast not so many Shadow Mend but making smite and Purge the Wicket ? When he make Power Word Radiance i will be the luckyst man in town :slight_smile:

I will not add in Power Word : Radiance into the macro. This is an emergency spell and also very mana hungry. It should only be used for spreading atonement when you want to burst emergency heal the group or when you want the increased Light’s Wrath buff.

The Atonement from Radiance is only 60% duration, so for the most part you should be using plea and shield for this as they apply the full duration.

The macro is designed only to heal through dps. It shouldn’t really be used to do full on healing.

Also sounds like you’re trying to use the 1 button macro… If so, this is designed again more for PvP but will work in raids and dungeons. The priority is dps until you mouse over then mouse over is priority and you must have an enemy target selected in order to apply healing through mouse over so jt mixed up applying healing spells and damaging the target to apply more healing. Purge the wicked is applied once and again through target switching.

ok thnaks for the fast info :slight_smile: very nice makro !!

Hi, i hope you can help me. I install gse and use “Raid and Dungeon Heals”. I run and i pressing the key like hell but there are only 250k heal with GS 949. Tuanha makes with tis gear 1000k hps. Ok it is automatic but what must i do to becomme 600k ? can i tune the macro ?

…i must use Power Word : Radiance becouse auf my 4 Piece T21 … can you tune me your macro with it ?

[quote quote=55871]Hi, i hope you can help me. I install gse and use “Raid and Dungeon Heals”. I run and i pressing the key like hell but there are only 250k heal with GS 949. Tuanha makes with tis gear 1000k hps. Ok it is automatic but what must i do to becomme 600k ? can i tune the macro ?
[/quote]

Um. If you are referring to the Tuanha I know of, be careful with that. VERY careful. He is associated with a certain other 3rd party program that just recently shut down and will end completely on Jan 1 2018. Those CR’s can and will get you banned.

On another note, I’m guessing you may be going oom? That’s the main issue I had with this macro (and disc in general). Also, you do have to dps as well as heal to perfect disc. I gave up on it but I would LOVE it if I could find something that worked. Macros won’t ever make you a top elite player but they can get you close (and a lot safer than automated programs!).

I will be watching this thread as well, as I might go back to disc if I can get the hang of using a dps & heal macro to set up atonement better. Disc is not easy at all, even with the best macros. However, I am still not happy with how my Holy healing is going either, so…it might be worth it to look into Disc further if I can ever figure out the macros.