Dark Kitty-All Talents

[quote quote=56119]Here is the macro, edited in strict adherence to the instructions laid out in OP to the best of my ability. -I am running Bartender and have the spenders located at 9, 0, -, and =. -I have removed ‘honortalent’ as that only serves to bring up an error for unknown macro commands. -I have removed the line for the Troll racial as my Druid is a Night Elf. -The character is presently lvl105 with artifact.
The problem I am experiencing is this macro does nothing at all. No auto-attack, no energy spendachure, no combo-point generation or use, no other actions of any kind at all. This macro does literaly nothing. Please point out my errors and I will correct them ???
[/quote]

your edited versions of the macro are consistently incorrect or incomplete and thus just further confuse people. this latest fails to remove the comment marks from the cast lines example
“–/click [nomod,talent:7/2] BT4Button12”,
should be
“/click [nomod,talent:7/2] BT4Button12”,

I dunno what the issue is that you are experiencing, bu the macro in the OP in its complete form works for everyone that I know of. including BT4 users. I’d be happy to work with you to figure it out but please stop posting incomplete or inaccurate versions of the macro in this forum it will just create more maintenance for me to keep track of.

• 12/17/17- Update

I have edited the most recent 12/13/17 version to include one extra line to bump up the DPS of version 1 a bit and to cast Brutal Slash on CD. If you have already edited the 12/13/17 update and do not want to go through the trouble of copy/pasting the edits again you can simply add

"/cast [talent:6/2,combat] Brutal Slash",

as the last line of Version 1 in the Keyrelease section. It needs to go after the /click <heal> macro as if you place it before the /click never happens.

If I don’t post my script in this forum then you can’t know what errors I’ve made.

EDIT: I have removed all such scripts from my posts. The problem was not my editing. The Problem was my use of MS Word. This macro works just fine when pasted into GS-E directly from OP.

DarkKitty is not the only macro I’m having trouble getting to work. For leveling, I have been using Brug’s GS-E 7.2 Brug's Perfected Macro - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros even though it will not spend combo points at all. It will spend energy reliably, prowl, target, etc just fine…but it will not spend combo points at all. I added a line at the end of the in-game macro “/cast Ferocious Bite” so that this macro would work enough.

Whatever the code difference is that makes the Brug macro work 80% but your macro work not at all is past my literacy. What I can observe, however, is that these macros probably won’t work properly until a character is lvl110; which is unusual since these macros for other classes work just fine as the character levels.

@Darkonius

As first, thanks for amazing macros and all your input!
I’ve updated macro today and notice huge dps loss with Darkkitty2 . With first macro I was doing something like 2.5 burst and settle down around 1.5 mil steady dps. New one settles down between 980 -1.1 mil but I am continuesly energy starved . I guess legendary ring is problem here (Chatoyant Signet)
Currently using 2,2,2,1,1,2,2 build, 935 ilvl, no scripts or whatever simply manualy press.

sidenote,it looks like macro does not cast prowl at start

Cheers

[quote quote=56127]If I don’t post my script in this forum then you can’t know what errors I’ve made. It would be helpfull if those who are making this macro work, post their edited scripts and say where they’ve placed their spenders. That would allow those of us who can’t make this macro work to reproduce successful results. If I can copy a verified-working edited script, then any further problems I have can rule out bad editing as a cause and I can start to look at other things such as talents, gear, add-ons, character level, etc.
It should be obvious to the casual reader that the scripts I’m posting do not work, as that is the overtly stated message of said posts. If there is any casual reader who is becoming confused by my posts then I am happy to headline an all caps DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT at the beginning of every such post.
Here is my edited version of your most recent macro from OP. It does not work. Nothing at all happens. Not targeting, not auto attack, and no Druid abilities of any kind. What, if anything, have I edited incorrectly?

1. In a perfect world people would read and make intelligent choices based on the information that is given… This is not a perfect world. I’ve spent the better part of 2 days helping 4 individuals that have PM’s me regarding issues with my macro “Not working for them”. After considerable effort I was able to determine that the fundamental problem for these 4 individuals is that they had incorrectly assumed that the last macro that they had seen posted in this thread represented the latest version of my macro, instead they had imported your broken string, which is why I ever so politely asked you to stop posting broken versions of my macro in my thread and causing me more headaches.

2. I offered to work with you directly via PM or Discord to resolve your issues instead of posting broken versions.

3. You say people should read the instructions before they import and yet you prove my point that very few actually do read and follow instructions. Your first post here you ask if there is a “One button macro? and where can it be found?” my description in the first post in this thread explains in detail how each version of the macro works and that version 1 is a one button macro.
    In my original post I also ask that if you are having issues getting my macro to work that you provide me with some additional details so that I can better evaluate the problem. One of those details is “What is your level?” Based on your most recent post I can finally glean that you are not 110, and while it is not explicitly stated, it should be assumed that unless otherwise stated these macros are intended for max level characters and that lower level usage is not supported. There are abilities built into the macro that your character may not yet posses and as such can cause the macro to freeze. If you wish to use this at lower level your going to need to remove any line that contains a spell that your toon does not yet posses, however even doing that I have no idea how it will perform. its built for 110.

4. You make a comment that you copy/paste the macro to a word .doc first and implore others to do the same, and while I do also advise that people keep a backup of the macros they use there is a well documented history of problems surrounding the method of copy/pasting macros. (Some of those issues may be as follows but is not limited to:) Certain Browser formats when copying replace the acceptable " character with another similar looking character but one that is not recognized in game/gse. We do know that Google Chrome does not do this and thus is one of the recommend browsers to use when copying from the forums. I am not certain without testing by I would also be very suspicious of the way Microsoft Word may adversely casually alter formatting into something that does not work, instead I would highly recommend that users use Notepad (Comes loaded on most PCs) or NotePad++ (Free software that is just a more robust version of NotePad) and to store those saved macros as a .txt file. By using a Browser that is know to not cause issues and by storing/editing the macros in a format that is known to not interject outside formatting influences I can then be certain that none of these things are what is causing you issues.

5. You act as though I have the time to spend hours combing through every line of every broken macro that you keep posting without providing the requested information and I simply do not. The original post of my macro definitely works 100% without a doubt. If it is not working for you specifically as is unedited then you are doing something wrong as outlined above. (Either the copy/paste issue or not being max lvl or both). The edits will make it perform as intended and more efficiently, but it will run unedited.

So I ask you again to please stop posting broken versions of my macro on this thread, If you still have questions or issues reach out to me via PM on here or on Discord.

Thank you, that is all

[quote quote=56131]@darkonius
As first, thanks for amazing macros and all your input! I’ve updated macro today and notice huge dps loss with Darkkitty2 . With first macro I was doing something like 2.5 burst and settle down around 1.5 mil steady dps. New one settles down between 980 -1.1 mil but I am continuesly energy starved . I guess legendary ring is problem here (Chatoyant Signet) Currently using 2,2,2,1,1,2,2 build, 935 ilvl, no scripts or whatever simply manualy press.
sidenote,it looks like macro does not cast prowl at start
Cheers
[/quote]

Thank you for your support and feedback! It is greatly appreciated.
I have only been able to run DarkKitty2 for a very short sampling size (I usually have a chance to put macros through their paces a bit more before releasing). The initial re-work on 12/13 I noticed a significant drop off, but was much happier with the way it was moving through the combo points. I added the Brutal Slash line on 12/17 and am happier with the DPS (short sample size: Couple of LFR). I’ll line them up again side by side and see what the differences are, if it is a problem I may re-post DarkKitty1 and leave them both up for people to decide.

this version doesnt seem to work as well as the old one also no regrowth on the onebutton one

Run well, thanks

I deleted that string a full day before you said anything about it, after realizing my error on my own.

I work on problems openly so that other people having the same problems can benefit. My ego does not require the privacy of PM.

You have a unique creation here, some confusion is bound to happen.

I posted that information 2 days ago.

These macros DO general work for 'toons under lvl110. The script simply skips lines containing abilities the character does not yet possess.

This is the first thing you’ve said that is helpful and not just bitching. I will try a direct copy/paste and report back.

We both already agree that I’m doing SOMETHING wrong. The whole point of this exchange is to determine exactly WHAT I’m doing wrong. Using MS Word as a medium may be just the thing since it doesn’t make sense that your macro would do absolutely nothing. MS Word screwing up the format would certainly cause the problem I’ve experienced. I’ll give it a try and report back.

I post in-thread so that others can benefit, just as I benefited from someone else posting in-thread about the ‘honortallent’ error.

[quote quote=56152]You make a comment that you copy/paste the macro to a word .doc first and implore others to do the same, and while I do also advise that people keep a backup of the macros they use there is a well-documented history of problems surrounding the method of copy/pasting macros.
[/quote]
This resolved the problem. MS Word was screwing up the script format. A direct copy/paste from OP into GS-E resulted in a well-functioning macro for my lvl109 Druid.

Link related

Hey can someone help me please with the feral macro?
I want to play it as a 1 button but I do not know how to insert everything correctly.
The additional macros I have so occupied.

SRspender on ElvUI_Bar5Button9
RIP dispenser on ElvUI_Bar5Button10
FBspender on ElvUI_Bar5Button11
RGheal on ElvUI_Bar5Button12

what is your ahk time?

[quote quote=56177]Hey can someone help me please with the feral macro? I want to play it as a 1 button but I do not know how to insert everything correctly. The additional macros I have so occupied.
SRspender on ElvUI_Bar5Button9 RIP dispenser on ElvUI_Bar5Button10 FBspender on ElvUI_Bar5Button11 RGheal on ElvUI_Bar5Button12
[/quote]

I think this should work:

Nevermind, I can’t get this macro to work properly and OP doesn’t post solutions to Frequently Asked Questions. This macro is complete garbage.

Nevermind, I can’t get this macro to work properly and OP doesn’t post solutions to Frequently Asked Questions. This macro is complete garbage.

I’ve put a bit of thought into how I would like to respond to this. My initial reaction was to say “This User is compete garbage” and move on, but that’s not very constructive or useful.

First and most importantly the User SkRiLex2 that posted questions that you quoted was helped within minutes of his asking questions via Discord messaging. Not that I should have to justify that to you, it was done that way because he also message me there with direct quotes from here and at the time of the message I was at this thing called work (you know the place? you go there and in my case spend 10-15 hours a day working through complex engineering issues that help the world go round to collect financial recompense that is used in RL to pay bills and feed my family) I am deeply sorry that avenue of assistance does not fall inline with your need to see it play out here on the forums, I will in the future do my very best to make sure that I handle issues concerning my work with other users in a way that conforms with your conception of how the world works (That’s not true at all, I could give 2 shits about how you think I should address issues).
So now that we can all rest easy knowing that I am actually resolving issues surrounding “Frequently asked Questions” in a format that I have laid out and in a way that I requested it be done, Lets get to the heart of it.

“Nevermind, I can’t get this macro to work properly…” results in “…This macro is complete garbage.”
your inability to read and follow directions does not reflect the quality of the macro. It just means that you either cannot read, or you cannot follow instructions. If you have an actual question then ask it and I will do my best to answer it. DO NOT however post 100s of lines of code/macro and ask me to read through it line by line and find the problem. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a rousing game of “Wheres Waldo” as much as the next guy, but Given that this is something I do in my spare time in an attempt to make other folks life a little easier right in between the JOB, Family, RL shit, Raiding 3 nights a week and my trying to actually enjoy some game time myself. Things may be considerably different if this were my job, or if there were anything at all in this for me other than the pleasure of dealing with people like you (Trust me its a real treat and is especially fulfilling to spend hours upon hours writing/testing/maintaining/updating/troubleshooting/fixing/re-testing… these macros so that we can have someone that can’t read and follow instructions and put 0 effort into actually helping call it “complete garbage”).

Do you have any idea how to write one of these macros or how they work? If you do, please go write one. I’d love to test it and give some feedback.
Do you have any idea how the class that you are playing works? If you do, go make a macro that is not “Complete garbage”. If you do that I can discontinue mine and free up several hours a week of dealing with fucktards like you.

Thanks, and have a great day.

[quote quote=56227]

I’ve put a bit of thought into how I would like to respond to this. My initial reaction was to say “This User is compete garbage” and move on, but that’s not very constructive or useful. First and most importantly the User SkRiLex2 that posted questions that you quoted was helped within minutes of his asking questions via Discord messaging. Not that I should have to justify that to you, it was done that way because he also message me there with direct quotes from here and at the time of the message I was at this thing called work (you know the place? you go there and in my case spend 10-15 hours a day working through complex engineering issues that help the world go round to collect financial recompense that is used in RL to pay bills and feed my family) I am deeply sorry that avenue of assistance does not fall inline with your need to see it play out here on the forums, I will in the future do my very best to make sure that I handle issues concerning my work with other users in a way that conforms with your conception of how the world works (That’s not true at all, I could give 2 shits about how you think I should address issues). So now that we can all rest easy knowing that I am actually resolving issues surrounding “Frequently asked Questions” in a format that I have laid out and in a way that I requested it be done, Lets get to the heart of it. “Nevermind, I can’t get this macro to work properly…” results in “…This macro is complete garbage.” your inability to read and follow directions does not reflect the quality of the macro. It just means that you either cannot read, or you cannot follow instructions. If you have an actual question then ask it and I will do my best to answer it. DO NOT however post 100s of lines of code/macro and ask me to read through it line by line and find the problem. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a rousing game of “Wheres Waldo” as much as the next guy, but Given that this is something I do in my spare time in an attempt to make other folks life a little easier right in between the JOB, Family, RL shit, Raiding 3 nights a week and my trying to actually enjoy some game time myself. Things may be considerably different if this were my job, or if there were anything at all in this for me other than the pleasure of dealing with people like you (Trust me its a real treat and is especially fulfilling to spend hours upon hours writing/testing/maintaining/updating/troubleshooting/fixing/re-testing… these macros so that we can have someone that can’t read and follow instructions and put 0 effort into actually helping call it “complete garbage”). Do you have any idea how to write one of these macros or how they work? If you do, please go write one. I’d love to test it and give some feedback. Do you have any idea how the class that you are playing works? If you do, go make a macro that is not “Complete garbage”. If you do that I can discontinue mine and free up several hours a week of dealing with fucktards like you. Thanks, and have a great day. [/quote]

This made me lol and ‘Fucktard’ was more polite than i would have been :slight_smile:

dark ,anychance you could repost your kitty#1? i would like to compare the 2

Nice post Darkonius

you a doning the best that you can do, and its fine, like you Marco ;.)

Palle ( ZooHealMe )
Denmark

[quote quote=56253]dark ,anychance you could repost your kitty#1? i would like to compare the 2
[/quote]

Yeah I’ll put it back up when I get home tonight.

I want to take a second to word vomit some of my thoughts/struggles with this macro. My hope is that by laying this out you as the user have a better understanding of the thought process I go through in writing the macro, I also hope that by putting my thoughts into writing I can better navigate my way through my own thoughts.
Right now my primary internal struggle is that there are multiple viable talent choices for Feral and can vary based on a number of things. I can work my way through some of those choices in a single macro using conditional talent selection [talent:x/x] or [notalent:x/x] and this is infact what you will see a lot of in the current offering. There are inherent limitations to this method and inconveniences. It adds additional checks and thus reduces the macros efficiency, each check is very minor but I do believe that they add up. I know I can write a macro that focuses on 1 specific set of talents that will out perform my “all in one” and as such I can write several macros that cover each build, but then your left with a mess of individual macros that you would need to have taking up macro slots on your toon and that you would need to drop onto your bars each time you swap talents. I could also write each one and place them within different version tabs of a single macro and you would have to select the active tab based on talent choice (it would make a single macro extremely long). From my persepctive I would need to maintain/update all of these versions individually which sounds daunting
To add to the number of needed individual macros is that there really needs to be a difference between single target and AOE, and there is no way to split that out in a single version of a macro. So in effect we double the number of versions from the above section of talent choices.

Lets talk Druid and talent choices first and then maybe this will make more sense:
Level 15:
[talent:1/1] Predator = Good choice for questing and world content. Also viable choice for Dungeons but not viable in Raid.
[talent:1/2] Blood Scent = This is the go to talent for Raid and or Dungeons
[talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration = Weakest of the 3 but is situationaly good as it gives you a ranged attack (and when used correctly is competitive with the other 2)

So after level 15 we are left with 2 possible branches in terms things that affect how we write the macro = Either you have taken Lunar Inspiration or you have not.
3,?,?,?,?,?,?
1/2,?,?,?,?,?,?

Level 30:
[talent:2/1] Renewal = Decent self Heal but generally the weakest choice of the 3
[talent:2/2] Displacer Beast = Probably the best choice in most situations
[talent:2/3] Wild Charge = Viable option

While any or all of the level 30 talents can be included in the macro or left out, they do not affect the choices and any or all can easily be incorporated. So we are still at 2 branches from the first tier.
3,X,?,?,?,?,?
1/2,X,?,?,?,?,?

Level 45:
[talent:3/1] Balance affinity = The only choice in this tier that can affect DPS and is the normal goto talent
[talent:3/2] Guardian affinity = Decent second choice for the added defence
[talent:3/3] Resto affinity = Worst choice in the tier

None of these choices affect us from a macro standpoint. So we are still at 2 branches from the first tier.
3,X,X,?,?,?,?
1/2,X,X,?,?,?,?

Level 60:
[talent:4/1] Mighty Bash = Good Single target stun
[talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement = Good AOE CC
[talent:4/3] Typhoon = Knock back

None of these choices affect us from a macro standpoint. So we are still at 2 branches from the first tier.
3,X,X,X,?,?,?
1/2,X,X,X,?,?,?

Talent 70:
[talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest = Weakest choice in the tier never taken unless your using the ring.
[talent:5/2] Incarnation:King of the Jungle = The typical goto in the tie, great for burst. (I don’t like questing with it though).
[talent:5/3] Jagged Wounds = more consistent damage and a better questing option but is very much viable in all situations.

Incarnation and Jagged Wounds add an addition 2 paths in terms of macro choices leaving us at 4 paths:
3,X,X,X,2,?,?
1/2,X,X,X,2,?,?
3,X,X,X,3,?,?
1/2,X,X,X,3,?,?

Level 90:
[talent:6/1] Sabertooth = Not very viable in most scenarios but is still occasionally talented
[talent:6/2] Brutal Slash = Always should be taken in every fight other than pure single target
[talent:6/3] Savage Roar = Only take when there is literally only one mob to hit for the entire fight

Level 90 introduces all 3 choices that affect the macro and thus 3 additional paths.
3,X,X,X,2,1,?
1/2,X,X,X,2,1,?
3,X,X,X,3,1,?
1/2,X,X,X,3,1,?
3,X,X,X,2,2,?
1/2,X,X,X,2,2,?
3,X,X,X,3,2,?
1/2,X,X,X,3,2,?
3,X,X,X,2,3,?
1/2,X,X,X,2,3,?
3,X,X,X,3,3,?
1/2,X,X,X,3,3,?

Level 100:
[talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity = This is a very close choice. (I prefer this talent as it is easier to manage, but you should really sim your toon to choose here as they are very close)
[talent:7/2] Bloodtalons = Likely the strongest choice here but is difficult to take advantage of in a macro
[talent:7/3] Elune’s Guidance = Weakest choice in the tier by far, but if taken drastically changes the rotation

Level 100 introduces all 3 choices that affect the macro and thus 3 additional paths.
3,X,X,X,2,1,1
1/2,X,X,X,2,1,1
3,X,X,X,3,1,1
1/2,X,X,X,3,1,1
3,X,X,X,2,2,1
1/2,X,X,X,2,2,1
3,X,X,X,3,2,1
1/2,X,X,X,3,2,1
3,X,X,X,2,3,1
1/2,X,X,X,2,3,1
3,X,X,X,3,3,1
1/2,X,X,X,3,3,1
3,X,X,X,2,1,2
1/2,X,X,X,2,1,2
3,X,X,X,3,1,2
1/2,X,X,X,3,1,2
3,X,X,X,2,2,2
1/2,X,X,X,2,2,2
3,X,X,X,3,2,2
1/2,X,X,X,3,2,2
3,X,X,X,2,3,2
1/2,X,X,X,2,3,2
3,X,X,X,3,3,2
1/2,X,X,X,3,3,2
3,X,X,X,2,1,3
1/2,X,X,X,2,1,3
3,X,X,X,3,1,3
1/2,X,X,X,3,1,3
3,X,X,X,2,2,3
1/2,X,X,X,2,2,3
3,X,X,X,3,2,3
1/2,X,X,X,3,2,3
3,X,X,X,2,3,3
1/2,X,X,X,2,3,3
3,X,X,X,3,3,3
1/2,X,X,X,3,3,3

That leaves us with 36 possible variations on the macro based on talents so if we make a ST and an AOE version for each now we are at 72

There are other outside influences like Legos, Tier bonuses (3 potential tier set bonuses at this point), and Trinkets all of which can add additional rotation options we can easily end up with over 100 macros or versions. Now I understand that most of these variations are not as mainstream or viable but they are still things that drastically change the approach of the macro.

Now in terms of cramming everything into one button without Modifiers:
I have already covered the need for separate ST and AOE versions, but I’ll touch a bit more. Pure ST you should not Thrash and you should not Brutal Slash talented or not and Shred becomes the staple of combo point building. In AOE you should Thrash to maintain the dot (Thrash on CD if your using Luffa wraps) Brutal Slash on CD and alternate Swipe/Shred to build combo points.
The entire basis of Feral is to build combo points (builders) and spend combo points (spenders) while maintaining dots (Rake:builder)(Rip:spender) and maintaining 100% uptime of Savage Roar if talented. The rate at which Combo points are built varies greatly each pass through the rotation based on a number of things. Sometimes 2 builders can result in a full 5 combo points and sometimes it requires 5 builders to get 5 combo points. Since a macro cannot perform actionX if ScenarioY happens (in other words you cannot say “Use Rip when I have 5 combo points”) it is extremely difficult to guess when to spend combo points. It is a huge loss in almost every case to use a spender with less than 5 combo points, and it is also a huge loss to cap 5 combo points and continue to use builder spells and that is why choosing when and what to spend (either with modifiers or separate buttons) will always outperform trying to have the macro guess when to spend.
Same logic applies to CD’s (especially long ones like incarn). You look pretty silly popping Incarn on the lasts couple of trash mobs just prior to pulling a boss, and your DPS is going to suck on that boss (compaired to if you had incarn available).

The more variations I offer in a single macro the less efficient
The more consolidated (one button macro) the less efficient

I know I said alot here without really saying alot, but I hope it gives you all some insight as I struggle to develop a foundation for how I want to write these macros to provide the best performance that I can to you all (and myself) while maintaining a level of user friendliness that is acceptable. But at the end of the day you as the user need to understand that if you want “super duper easy press one button and pew pew, change your talents at will” your not going to be #1 Dps in your Raid group (unless they are pretty bad players) or the other end of that spectrum of “I want to be #1 DPS or near the top of my tier, I don’t give a Crap how many buttons I have to press” then it’s going to be complicated (But if it is complicated there should be a payoff, it needs to perform) Right now its complicated and for me personally the payoff is not there and that is why my mental musings of trying to make a better macro(s).