DarkBear All Talents

[quote quote=52641]

Hi Hi, For my case, moon fire keeps spamming for 3 times consecutively. I am using 180MS due to my country ping.

after reading this and looking back at the macro I can see where this could happen if you have Galactic Guardian talent selected on the start of a fight. it should not as the third use of Moonfire is buried deeper in the priority list but the Priority function of GSE is just a mathematical probability and therefore can sometimes fire spells that are buried deeper in the priority sooner than expected. The first Moonfire is always going to happen when you start Combat or switch targets. The Second I have edited so that it will only fire when you do not have Galactic Guardian Talent and the third only if you do. So the end result should produce no more than 2 Moonfires consecutively at the pull (worst case) and generally should only cast 1. Please try the newest update and let me know if that is not the case. [/quote]

Tried the new marco. Somehow, my dps still stays low at 913 ilvl without luffa. Using 200MS. But now it does not spam moonfire that much

And gotta say you are awesome :slight_smile:

Just a quick one - I’ve noticed your defense macro doesn’t work with Blood Frenzy talent in top tier.

I do understand why and have added a hack on my side in the form of the following line:

/castsequence [talent:1/3] reset=58 Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Survival Instincts

I suspect there’s a more elegant fix than mine though - just making you aware. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the awesome macros!

Hi Dark!

I am loving your macro. Thanks for making it and sharing.

Quick question - I like to use my trinket abilities on my own. Normally I would just unclick the boxes in GSSE, but it doesn’t seem to work with your macro. I make the change, save it, then go back in and the trinket boxes are checked again.

Got any suggestions?

[quote quote=53028]Hi Dark!
I am loving your macro. Thanks for making it and sharing.
Quick question – I like to use my trinket abilities on my own. Normally I would just unclick the boxes in GSSE, but it doesn’t seem to work with your macro. I make the change, save it, then go back in and the trinket boxes are checked again.
Got any suggestions?
[/quote]

Thank you, I am glad that you are enjoying the macro. As for the Trinket usage I believe that there may be an issue with the latest Patch/update that is giving some issues with this and I believe TL is working to resolve those issues. That being said it is important to remember that the Check box’s to the right are really a 3 part “toggle” system. Always Use/Never Use/Refer to default settings. your Default settings can be adjusted in your User settings. Hope this helps and I hope the issue is resolved shortly but if it continues please let me know and I will see what I can do.

[quote quote=52770]Just a quick one – I’ve noticed your defense macro doesn’t work with Blood Frenzy talent in top tier.
I do understand why and have added a hack on my side in the form of the following line:
/castsequence [talent:1/3] reset=58 Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Survival Instincts
I suspect there’s a more elegant fix than mine though – just making you aware. ???
Thanks for the awesome macros!
[/quote]

I will revisit this issue when I have a couple of minutes. I thought that the update that I pushed did exactly what you have done, but I will double check and if not your “hack” is exactly how it should be handled :slight_smile:

for some reason post patch I am having issues with frenzy regen not castings at all with this macro.

10/27/17-

Updated both Macros a bit to reflect what I am currently running. I parse very well in Heroic and Mythic ToS with this at a ~940 ilvl

Hi! I’m liking this so far, except when I hold or tap shift, it doesn’t do the defensives, so I’ve been using a separate keybind for that. I use a Razer Orbweaver, and I have the macro set at 0.050, should I increase that to maybe 150ms? or 100? It’s just not doing anything when I hit the shift mod.
Thanks for all the work on it!

[quote quote=55162]Hi! I’m liking this so far, except when I hold or tap shift, it doesn’t do the defensives, so I’ve been using a separate keybind for that. I use a Razer Orbweaver, and I have the macro set at 0.050, should I increase that to maybe 150ms? or 100? It’s just not doing anything when I hit the shift mod. Thanks for all the work on it!
[/quote]
Send me a PM on Discord if you don’t mind and I can see what I can do to solve the Shift mod not working. Otherwise I am glad that you are enjoying it.

[quote quote=55162]Hi! I’m liking this so far, except when I hold or tap shift, it doesn’t do the defensives, so I’ve been using a separate keybind for that. I use a Razer Orbweaver, and I have the macro set at 0.050, should I increase that to maybe 150ms? or 100? It’s just not doing anything when I hit the shift mod. Thanks for all the work on it!
[/quote]

I’m not going speak on the shift problem as Dark is probably more qualified for the macro but the .050 is probably way too fast. The synapse speed is based on several factors. Your haste, global cooldown and your latency. My haste on my druid in tank gear is low as my gear sucks bad. I’ve been running this at 140-50ms, which seems pretty good. If it’s too fast, the macros could skip. This more a trial and error for the user to find that middle ground. It’s like that across all specs and classes. Across all three tank classes, my macro ms is higher than that of my dps.

Just an example: On my DK blood, initially I ran the macros at 90ms and was runic power starved on a good number of occasions even though I had decent haste percentage and lat was low. Once I played with the ms numbers and increased the ms to 140ish, problem solved. Bear just like warrior requires rage or whatever it’s called now but if macros is spamming too quickly, abilities could be missed or not set off because they come too fast or there’s no rage to fire them off. Just mess with the numbers. That’s the good thing with synapse, easy to make changes.

Hey dark,

So i am new to GSE and I do not use AHK, so i just sit there and spam with my finger (thumb actually, razer chroma). However i set up the macro and talents just as you explain, and for some random reason it seems to hang up. Its weird cause i can go through dungeon after dungeon just fine and then all of a sudden mid fight it just spams thrash and moon fire. And it seems like nothing i do can get it back on track again. Is there an error log or something i can look at? I don’t even know where to start with why this happens

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And let me know if there is any other info i can get ya.

I know you need to know some info and here is where i can start,

I do not have any legendaries
iLvl is 829 (fairly new tank)

edit Looking at it now in the GSE Version window under Edit, It seems to be skipping over the whole Sequence box in the middle, it does the key press, release and pre macro as well as post macro, but nothing in the middle, no maul, mangle, swipe, ironfur, or pulverize.

edit2 I did a reinstall of GSE and loaded back up the game and it seems to be working fine again. I make note of what i was doing if it should happen again

[quote quote=55434]Hey dark,
So i am new to GSE and I do not use AHK, so i just sit there and spam with my finger (thumb actually, razer chroma). However i set up the macro and talents just as you explain, and for some random reason it seems to hang up. Its weird cause i can go through dungeon after dungeon just fine and then all of a sudden mid fight it just spams thrash and moon fire. And it seems like nothing i do can get it back on track again. Is there an error log or something i can look at? I don’t even know where to start with why this happens
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And let me know if there is any other info i can get ya.
I know you need to know some info and here is where i can start,
I do not have any legendaries iLvl is 829 (fairly new tank)
edit Looking at it now in the GSE Version window under Edit, It seems to be skipping over the whole Sequence box in the middle, it does the key press, release and pre macro as well as post macro, but nothing in the middle, no maul, mangle, swipe, ironfur, or pulverize.
edit2 I did a reinstall of GSE and loaded back up the game and it seems to be working fine again. I make note of what i was doing if it should happen again
[/quote]

Are you by chance swapping specs to Feral between runs?? I have an issue currently that when I swap to Feral (to grab food and flask agility buffs, then back to Guardian) that this happens. But it is an ingame issue where the game does not understand which version of shared abilities across specs (Like Thrash) to use when the macro calls it. I usually have to log, or swap specs back and forth again.

Never thought of that but yea…in between dungeon ques i would swap to feral and run around and quest and what not and then as soon as i would get into the dungeon i would swap back to guardian. Ill keep an eye on this and see if thats the case.

[quote quote=55539]Never thought of that but yea…in between dungeon ques i would swap to feral and run around and quest and what not and then as soon as i would get into the dungeon i would swap back to guardian. Ill keep an eye on this and see if thats the case.
[/quote]

i was having a simular problem. thinking it was caused due to an update or something but then i read the swap talent comment, i swap to feral to get my feast buff and then back. never had this happen when swapping to play on the other spec, but when just swapping the macro seems to bug out anmd not work anymore. im almost 90% certain due to this topic that the swap is indeed what causes the problem.

now that i think of it, i do have my own question though. i have been reworking your macro to have it cast trash and mangle more often, because i noticed that while trash was supposed to be cast more then swipe, i kept swiping away but no trash. im not very familiar with LUA and the likes so all i could do was extend the macro. so instead of having your macro like this
PreMacro={
“/cast Moonfire”,
},
“/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize”,
“/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Mangle”,
“/castsequence Maul, Swipe”,
“/cast [talent:5/3, combat] Moonfire”,
“/cast [talent:7/2, combat] Lunar Beam”,

i made it like this PreMacro={
“/cast Moonfire”,
},
“/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Swipe”,
“/cast Mangle”,
“/cast Mangle”,
“/cast Mangle”,
“/cast Swipe”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/cast Thrash”,
“/castsequence Maul, Swipe”,

is there anything i can do to make this better? its still not doing trash and mangle as much as i would like.

thanks in advance

[quote quote=55893]

Never thought of that but yea…in between dungeon ques i would swap to feral and run around and quest and what not and then as soon as i would get into the dungeon i would swap back to guardian. Ill keep an eye on this and see if thats the case.

i was having a simular problem. thinking it was caused due to an update or something but then i read the swap talent comment, i swap to feral to get my feast buff and then back. never had this happen when swapping to play on the other spec, but when just swapping the macro seems to bug out anmd not work anymore. im almost 90% certain due to this topic that the swap is indeed what causes the problem. [/quote]

Yeah I have the same issue constantly. I muffed up a Heroic kill last night because of this issue. It is extremely annoying. My process that usually works is this: swap to kitty get your food/flask buff, swap to Bear, swap back to kitty, swap back to bear.
The real problem is that Blizzard will not allow us to use Spell id# to call spells in a macro for some stupid reason. Our only way to call it is to call the spell name “Thrash” The Blizz API then decides which “Thrash” it is suppose to use. Basically its a really annoying problem on Blizzards side of things. (You can bypass GSE and my macro and write an ingame macro using Thrash and you will have the same problem).
Any class that shares spells across specs can potentially have this same issue, the first time I encountered it was on DH and Meta.

[quote quote=55894]now that i think of it, i do have my own question though. i have been reworking your macro to have it cast trash and mangle more often, because i noticed that while trash was supposed to be cast more then swipe, i kept swiping away but no trash. im not very familiar with LUA and the likes so all i could do was extend the macro. so instead of having your macro like this PreMacro={ “/cast Moonfire”, }, “/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize”, “/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Mangle”, “/castsequence Maul, Swipe”, “/cast [talent:5/3, combat] Moonfire”, “/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize”, “/cast [talent:7/2, combat] Lunar Beam”,
i made it like this PreMacro={ “/cast Moonfire”, }, “/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize”, “/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Swipe”, “/cast Mangle”, “/cast Mangle”, “/cast Mangle”, “/cast Swipe”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Thrash”, “/cast Thrash”, “/castsequence Maul, Swipe”, “/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize”,
is there anything i can do to make this better? its still not doing trash and mangle as much as i would like.
thanks in advance
[/quote]

I would be really surprised if you are truly having issues with the macro not firing Thrash on CD. There is /cast Thrash line in the Keyrelease section of my macro that basically tries to cast Thrash everytime the Key is released (whether you are physically pressing and releasing the key, or a program like AHK or synapse is repeatedly pressing and releasing it for you).
I am more suspicious that you may be experiencing the talent swap Thrash issue that has been discussed here previously. You can watch the Thrash icon in your spell book while the macro is running to ensure that it is constantly in CD.
Adding more lines of Thrash to the main body of the macro will not do anything in terms of trying to force it more often (its already trying to cast it every time the button is released). Remeber Thrash has a CD ingame and it may also be that you are just experiencing this CD and you feel it should be casting more when in reality it cannot.

As a point of Reference I had an 85% parse (for my item lvl) last night on Heroic Antoran High Command using nothing more than this macro.

heey Dark,

thanks for your reply. could it be that i am spamming the button to fast? because when im “spamming” the macro and watch it cycle through the skills, he does sometimes skip it and not just trash. Im using weakauras to keep track of any CD’s so not seeing it go off makes me kind of panic-y. ive now changed the loop from 12 to 4 FR doesnt seem to be cast more frequently, but that might be due to rage shortage. havent really paid any attention to that as i was to busy looking what skill the macro had to use and if the macro actually did so. but trash and mangle are now cast almost on cooldown. it still happens he skips a beat. to give you an example: im spamming the macro and see it cycle through all the spells you/me added, sometimes i see Pulverize passing, while not on CD he does not use the spell. granted its only there once or twice, it still skips the process of using Pulverize (more of a dungeon guy so Pulverize is not that important to me but during LFR i tend to use it for the extra defence). since ive added 3x trash in a row he seems to be casting them almost on CD, because i do get the feeling that if he skips 2 the third one WILL go off. before i changed it the way i did, i would, like i said, be standing there swiping 2 or 3 times before actually casting thrash or mangle.

i love the macro’s you have made, using the feral one aswell, even though it slows down, it still pushes more dps than i could ever do :stuck_out_tongue:

keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Spamming the macro too fast can be an issue is your using AHK or synapse or something similar, but if you are spamming manually I’d say no way. Running a macro too fast can certainly cause it to skip/miss spell casts. Try slowing it down and see if that helps. Understand though that the icon that comes up simply means that the macro is trying to cast that spell, whether it actually casts or not the macro has no idea (or if it even can cast) which kinda makes my point if you say that you see the icon for Thrash come up but it does not cast means that the macro is working as intended (It tried to cast Thrash) but due to Thrash being on CD (most likely scenario) or some other precusor to Thrash being able to be cast, it did not. Remember that Thrash CD is affected by haste as well.

hello Dark,

thanks again for your reply and sorry for my late response. i spam the macro manually. and no the spells are not on CD when he skips them. im using weakauras to keep track of this and my bars/spellbook all say its not on cooldown, yet he skips using the spell. spamming a bit slower does seem to work but not all the time. i used to spam so fast steam would come of my keyboard :stuck_out_tongue: