Destro Lock 5.4 macro's

I use these macros on my warlock and I wanted to share them with you all.

<Direct DMG - Spam Macro>

#showtooltip Curse of the Elements
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence [mod] reset=2 Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/use [nomod,combat] 13
/use [nomod,combat] 14

<I WANT TO LIVE Macro>

#showtooltip
/cast Sacrificial Pact
/cast Twilight Ward
/cast Unending Resolve

<Simple, but effective Havoc Macro>

#showtooltip Havoc
/cast [@mouseover,harm][harm] Havoc

Enjoy :wink:

Awesome :slight_smile: very useful to me. Do you have something for AOE situation as well?

For AOE I hit Fire and Brimstone, and then use the exact same rotation. The only issue I have is making sure not to pop Fire and Brimstone until I either have 3 embers or waiting for the rotation to get past Curse of Elements, so I don’t burst AOE out of embers; But that is just something you get used to with play time.

h

[quote quote=11512]I use these macros on my warlock and I wanted to share them with you all.

<Direct DMG – Spam Macro>

/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/use [nomod,combat] 13
/use [nomod,combat] 14

<I WANT TO LIVE Macro>

#showtooltip
/cast Sacrificial Pact
/cast Twilight Ward
/cast Unending Resolve

#showtooltip Havoc

Enjoy ;)
[/quote]
how do u put that in a macro? there more than 255 character

hi alex the add ons are straight forward use /m and bring up the macro box and down the bottom of your macro bars should be a button called extend that will make u go from 255 to 1025 now u shouldn’t have a problem download x2 addons :

macrobank
macro toolkit

I personally use Super Duper Macro. Its a really sweet mod.

Alex, you need to download the addon here on this site called “Macro Toolkit”. I think its here but if not just google it then follow the directions with it.

one question is this a one touch macro like hit the button one time and it executes all these commands or do i have to click it every time i want it to do one of the lines of the macro?

nope one button push unless u need to aoe or want separate cds then u make individual macros them and spam away

John

I see what you did here, but I don’t understand the logic of putting in [nomod] into anything. In general, if your planning on spamming the [nomod] breaks conditions.

[quote quote=11512]I use these macros on my warlock and I wanted to share them with you all.

<Direct DMG – Spam Macro>

/use [nomod,combat] 13
/use [nomod,combat] 14

<I WANT TO LIVE Macro>

#showtooltip
/cast Sacrificial Pact
/cast Twilight Ward
/cast Unending Resolve

#showtooltip Havoc

Enjoy ;)
[/quote]

Here is mine guys. I updated it this evening and tested it out. With 512 Item Level Gear I was getting well over 150k DPS.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14

[quote quote=11690]Here is mine guys. I updated it this evening and tested it out. With 512 Item Level Gear I was getting well over 150k DPS.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null<br>
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate<br>
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability<br>
/use [combat] 13<br>
/use [combat] 14<br>
[/quote]

Hi Micheal if I want to use CB only with 3+ ember, can I change its line like that:

/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt

or shall I remove the 0,0 ?

I’m worried to keep CB on a spamming macro cause when the boss is under 20% life I want to be sure that only Shadowburn will be fired

[quote quote=11690]Here is mine guys. I updated it this evening and tested it out. With 512 Item Level Gear I was getting well over 150k DPS.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null<br>
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate<br>
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability<br>
/use [combat] 13<br>
/use [combat] 14<br>
[/quote]

This macro is doing well up until Shadowburn is ready. It pretty much never casts it on my end. I also seem to not be generating Embers well at all. Probably part of the problem with Shadowburn. When I its time to start hitting Shadowburn I dont have the embers to use it, then when the eber is there… a chaos bolt goes out instead leaving Shadowburn sitting still.

hmm there needs to be an edit post button, unless I am just blind.

Anyways, even with embers available (after some testing) Shadowburn doesnt fire for me.

Michael,

I honestly would have thought it would be obvious, but here is the breakdown of the macro:

If you spam it everything that has [nomod] or nothing, will fire off.

If you press a modifier such as shift, everything with [mod] will fire off.

The purpose is simple, the object of the macro is to build embers, and to fire spells off in sequence, so that I can fire off [mod]chaos bolts when my trinkets proc, or I have over 3 embers.

The [mod][nomod] makes this truely a one button macro, or lazy :slight_smile:

I use this macro on my ilvl 563 warlock raiding in SoO and watch tv, pushing over 300k dps. If I get really into it I can get over 400k, making sure to fire chaos bolts on procs and other such events.

There definately are no conditions being broken, and if you believe that to be true, could you please give some specific examples?

I hope this helps.

Justin,

You should definitely pull chaos bolt out of the rotation, or make it require a modifier. It will continue to burn off your embers, and as you said, when you need them, they will not be there. That is specifically why my macro is setup the way that it is, so I choose when to use my embers.

[quote quote=11701]Michael,

I honestly would have thought it would be obvious, but here is the breakdown of the macro:

If you spam it everything that has [nomod] or nothing, will fire off.

If you press a modifier such as shift, everything with [mod] will fire off.

The purpose is simple, the object of the macro is to build embers, and to fire spells off in sequence, so that I can fire off [mod]chaos bolts when my trinkets proc, or I have over 3 embers.

The [mod][nomod] makes this truely a one button macro, or lazy :)

I use this macro on my ilvl 563 warlock raiding in SoO and watch tv, pushing over 300k dps. If I get really into it I can get over 400k, making sure to fire chaos bolts on procs and other such events.

There definately are no conditions being broken, and if you believe that to be true, could you please give some specific examples?

I hope this helps.
[/quote]

my response was to Michael J. Lynch’s macro as well. I havent tried yours. But since you just explained it… sounds much more practical. Ill try yours

Thank you for the explanation to your macro , I’m new to the macro world and I really like the fact of a single spamming key, currently using a different macro from someone else in here and wanna give yours a try but I have one question, When you say Mod key ( shift or crtl) how do i set that key?
sorry for the noob question.

Leaving the mod key undefined means you can use any mod key you would like, the macro doesn’t care which. It is just looking for any modifier.

If you want to use a specific modifier, use something like this:

[modifier:shift]

I generally don’t specify a specific mod key, but that is my personal preference.

So the modifier key has the be inserted into the macro itself?

Sorry a bit lost… maybe easier to explain on AIM ? gabesir