Destro Lock 5.4 macro's

This macro would work with shift, ctrl or any other modifier:

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate

This macro would only work with shift:

/castsequence [modifier:shift]reset=0.3 Conflagrate

[quote quote=11799]This macro would work with shift, ctrl or any other modifier:

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate

This macro would only work with shift:

/castsequence [modifier:shift]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
[/quote]

OK I understand the [modifier:shift] option but when you say :“This macro would work with shift, ctrl or any other modifier:
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate”
^ How does the macro know the modifier key?

LOL dont hate me just trying to learn =P

Ok, I think your overthinking and underthinking what I am saying. So do this exercise for me.

Stop. Don’t think. Read. Comprehend.

[mod] causes the wow interface to execute the action when ANY MODIFIER KEY is pressed in conjunction with the keyboard key. It doesn’t care which, it just needs one.

All of these keyboard inputs would be {true}:

Shift(2)
Ctrl(2)
Alt(2)
lshift(2)
rshift(2)
lctrl(2)
rctrl(2)
lalt(2)
ralt(2)

GOT IT!!! thank you !

I guess I need to learn how to use your macro and it may be good for different combats

Ok i love this macro left it that way and figured the mod was ctrl lol. But it works like a charm now. I also absolutely love the oh shit save me macro lol.

John -

First, I want to thank you for the macros and for sharing them with us all.

Second, I guess I suck, despite having read and followed everything you typed here. I am using Super Duper Macro, thanks to your link. I cut and paste your macro and started using it.

When Josh asked, “one question is this a one touch macro…” and you replied it is a one-touch button, I found that this is not true - at least for me. I have to smash the macro key over and over (just like I have all my other macros) to have it go through each cast in succession.

Is there some other add-on I need for it to truly be a “one-touch” button and have it cast automatically until the mob is dead…or did I misunderstand what you typed and it is like every other macro I’ve used where you have to continually press the macro key for all spells to be cast in succession?

Sorry for the newb question, but I am just now learning all the macro language and functions and I appreciate your help. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=11811]John –

Second, I guess I suck, despite having read and followed everything you typed here. I am using Super Duper Macro, thanks to your link. I cut and paste your macro and started using it.

When Josh asked, “one question is this a one touch macro…” and you replied it is a one-touch button, I found that this is not true – at least for me. I have to smash the macro key over and over (just like I have all my other macros) to have it go through each cast in succession.

Is there some other add-on I need for it to truly be a “one-touch” button and have it cast automatically until the mob is dead…or did I misunderstand what you typed and it is like every other macro I’ve used where you have to continually press the macro key for all spells to be cast in succession?

Sorry for the newb question, but I am just now learning all the macro language and functions and I appreciate your help. :)
[/quote]

this question is so out there it almost feels like a troll, but Ill bite anyways…

there is no such thing as a “one touch” macro. This is a “one BUTTON” spam macro. Spam the button… profit. You cant automate actions in such a way to make a 1 touch macro. Thats called botting lol

Definitely not trolling. I don’t understand all of the mechanics of WoW macros because I have only been playing for two months and only recently started using them to improve my raiding. I was not aware that there is no one-touch macro function, which is why I misunderstood John’s response.

I now understand that the “one-button smash” is my only option. Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote quote=11811]John –

When Josh asked, “one question is this a one touch macro…” and you replied it is a one-touch button, I found that this is not true – at least for me. I have to smash the macro key over and over (just like I have all my other macros) to have it go through each cast in succession.

Sorry for the newb question, but I am just now learning all the macro language and functions and I appreciate your help. :)
[/quote]

1st: I never stated it was a one-touch button.

2nd: Is this a troll? Because this EXACT same question was asked in this SAME thread, on the previous page.

I’m not trolling whatsoever. When Josh asked if he had to click it every time, you stated, “nope one button push unless…” Your grammar and syntax led me to believe this was a one-button press macro. To alleviate confusion, I asked a follow-up question to clarify. Now I know there is no automatic way to cast a spell sequence. Thanks.

This conversation is exactly a troll. Please stop. Understand concepts, not be a grammar Nazi.

Thank you

I’d like to back on topic :slight_smile:
I’m testing a AOE macro, based on OP:

#showtooltip Fire and Brimstone
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Fire and Brimstone,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,null
/castsequence reset=target Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

What do you think about that?

[quote quote=11824]I’d like to back on topic :-)<br>
I’m testing a AOE macro, based on OP:

#showtooltip Fire and Brimstone<br>
/cast Dark Soul: Instability<br>
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null<br>
/castsequence reset=target Fire and Brimstone,null<br>
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,null<br>
/castsequence reset=target Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate<br>

What do you think about that?
[/quote]

I would need to test it before giving any constructive feedback. One concern I would have is that Curse of Elements would only go on one target, unless glyphed, and it would perhaps be worth cutting out. Also, all three of your null lines could be combined into one.

/my 2 copper

Good point :smiley: will remove Curse of Elements and will combine the 2 “null” lines into 1

Cheers

this macro is great when grinding some boring stuff like the bone farm on isle of giants, i tweaked it a bit for my playstyle.

i added mods for health funnel and conflagrate plus the use of my gloves enchant and removed the trinkets as i have equip trinkets.

#showtooltip Curse of the Elements
/cast [mod,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence [modifier:alt] reset=2 Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [modifier:ctrl]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/castsequence [modifier:shift]reset=0.3 Health Funnel
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 Shadowburn
/use [nomod,combat] 10

thank you so much for the original macro.

Actually on my AOE macro, Immolate wont spread out on all the targets. I’m getting better results removing immolate from the macro, which perform great on a burst AOE situation.

I tried this on my 85 warlock. it builds embers great but just keeps building it won’t use chaos bolt. What Am I doing wrong?

It has a modifier in it so you have to hold ctrl alt or shift to cast it. What i do is take that line out completely and put it on its own bar. This way i can build it up and use it when i want and not have to hold a second button. I do the same thing with shadowburn. Try that out should work perfect.

I swear, not to sound like an ass, but people really shouldread a whole thread. Or hell, read the threads about macros in general so they at least have an idea of wwhat they’re looking at.

[quote quote=11512]I use these macros on my warlock and I wanted to share them with you all.

<Direct DMG – Spam Macro>

#showtooltip Curse of the Elements
/cast [mod,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence [mod] reset=2 Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/use [nomod,combat] 13
/use [nomod,combat] 14

<I WANT TO LIVE Macro>

#showtooltip
/cast Sacrificial Pact
/cast Twilight Ward
/cast Unending Resolve

<Simple, but effective Havoc Macro>

#showtooltip Havoc
/cast [@mouseover,harm][harm] Havoc

Enjoy ;)
[/quote]
Ok guys I need some help I am using this macro with a button clicker lvl 535 I can only seem to pull 130 to 140k dps just cant work out why char is lockmeup on gundrak , is it normal for it to say spell not ready yet most of the time? or should the macro be smooth with no problems? would really love some help on this one …cheers bazz