Destro Lock 5.4 macro's

The macro does run smoothly, without hangups, for me.

I double checked ur toon on MrRobot and everything looks fine to me there. I also looked u on on wow-heroes.com and worldofwarcraft.com, ur ilvl is 532, not 535.

It has been a long time since I was that ilvl, 565 currently, so I don’t really remember what dps you should be pulling with ur gear. What are you able to pull without using the macro, hitting spells manually? Also, is this on a target dummy, or in a raid, or …

i’m wondering if i’m doing something wrong here. i’m loving the macro so far but for some reason I just cant get shadowburn to cast when its needed. I actually have to manually cast it. am I doing something wrong here?

I have the same issue with the Shadowburn not firing off automatically. Michael I’m just asking to make sure but when you hit the button manually it fires off? Just not auto in the macro correct?

yes if I manually hit the button it fires. just for some reason wont fire using the macro. other than that the macro works brilliantly, so if there is something i’m doing wrong I would love to know what so that I can fix it and start rocking hard. lol.

HI i have read thorough the post,
and just wondering why the macro keeps flashing failed on my cast bar every time i hit it to do next cast, i have copied the very first macro from John and love it, it cast the curse then immolate then the first incinerate but then fails every time i click it and have to keep clicking to try and get it to cast one more …
please help…plus im a noob when it comes to macros :slight_smile:

Also how do i use the mouseover? i tried to use it but nothing happened …
told ya NOOB…hehe

This macro works lovely. Thanks, I was having a terrible time as Demonology (a lot of stress to keep up with hunters facerolling or frost mages pressing 2 keys). This gives me something relaxing to do in long LFR runs.

2 things.

Firstly - the macros are really helping, although I’ve modified the marco to replace Immolate with another Incinerate and saved it as ‘Mobile’. Therefore I have one with and one without. I use the non-Immolate while on the move. My Talent spec allows me to cast Incinerate while doing so, then use the Immolate one when back in place and static. It is how I want to use them, so thank you for that.

The question I have - The only modifier that works is Alt - Chaos bolt. The Ctrl and shift doesn’t work. Is there something that I am not seeing in the macro that stops that being possible please? I use alt as the push to talk in Mumble. If it can’t be changed then I’ll change the PtT.

Re Shadowburn - I see it firing off automatically on practice dummies when they reach 20% health (as it is supposed to) and not on dummies on a higher health. So that works perfectly for me.

When I try to use the macro it works fine until I hit a modifier key and then it just stops working altogether.

Knowing very little about creating my own macro I searched google and ended up on this thread. (Bare with me, I’m a fast learner and currently reading other threads to better understand what I am reading)

So far this macro has made my dps life so much better and brought my avg dps u 20K/s. But I am left with one question. Can Fel Flame be stuck in this somewhere with a stipulation to cast only when moving? I would love to be able to fire on the go when needed and not need other keys if possible.

When I press Shift or Crtl my Warlock stops because it can’t use the modifier. If I use ‘alt’ the a Chaos bolt is cast as the macro directs. Is that your experience Damian?

Jason - I never use Fel as it is so mana intensive. I rather spec Kil’Jaeden and cast Incinerate while I run. As I said - I’ve got two versions of the marco keybound to 1 and 2. The 2nd, I have replaced the Immolate in the castsequence with Incinerate, so I can castt on the move. When back in place I go back to the one with Immolate so it is cast at the right time in the macro.

[quote quote=12849]When I press Shift or Crtl my Warlock stops because it can’t use the modifier. If I use ‘alt’ the a Chaoes bolt is cast as the macro directs. Is that your experience Damian?

Jason – I never use Fel as it is so mana intensive. I rather spec Kil’Jaeden and cast Incinerate while I run. As I said – I’ve got two versions of the macro keybound to 1 and 2. The 2nd, I have replaced the Immolate in the castsequence with Incinerate, so I can castt on the move. When back in place I go back to the one with Immolate so it is cast at the right time in the macro.
[/quote]

I think I got the modifier thing worked out, I still had default key binds that were using up shift+1, ctrl+1, and alt+1

[quote quote=11512]#showtooltip Curse of the Elements
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence [mod] reset=2 Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/use [nomod,combat] 13
/use [nomod,combat] 14[/quote]

why it just cast immolate and spam incinerate only ?

I just have to spam 1 button or theres more ?

thanks

one question. I tried your macro 3 days now. all works fine i would say. I am doing ~ 110K DPS with ilvl 512. I think thats good.

I just got one question. I am also using a G15 to let it auto-push the “G1” key which I have binded to “1” on my keyboard where the macro button is located. I can define how fast it should be pressed. I am just wonderung what would be the best value/interval to press the macro button? Do you have any idea?

I see you entered “0.3” as index in the macro. Does it means 30ms would be the best interval? I would like to get the best out of you macro as I really like it :slight_smile:

I am also not sure it it is causing problems when it keeps saying “spell is not ready yet” and so on. Does it mean I push too fast?

Hmmmmm that could turn your character into a semi BOT. We all know how much BOTS are destroying the game

well however G15 macros are allowed from blizz side. And I still have to activate - deactivate that because othwise I just start attacking everything around which is not so cool in raid :wink:

Tim,

I have the same keyboard so I understand exactly what you mean. The 0.3 in the macro refers to the latency that is unique to each computer. My latency is .59 so I set my macro to 0.6. For the record you should never go over a 0.9 in the macro, it becomes self destructive. When you mouse over the latency button it should indicate what yours is. You can either choose to change all of the 0.3’s in the macro to whatever yours is or not, the choice is a personal one. In reference to the keyboard using the macro for you my G-15 is set at 300ms. I honestly don’t recall if there was a default setting or not but its worked for me for over a year now. Good Luck

[quote quote=13146]Tim,

I have the same keyboard so I understand exactly what you mean. The 0.3 in the macro refers to the latency that is unique to each computer. My latency is .59 so I set my macro to 0.6. For the record you should never go over a 0.9 in the macro, it becomes self destructive. When you mouse over the latency button it should indicate what yours is. You can either choose to change all of the 0.3′s in the macro to whatever yours is or not, the choice is a personal one. In reference to the keyboard using the macro for you my G-15 is set at 300ms. I honestly don’t recall if there was a default setting or not but its worked for me for over a year now. Good Luck
[/quote]

Hey snake,

thanks for the tip! I will give it a try.

I have 2 setups on my keyboard. G3 and G4 are keys 1 and 2 respectively but on those two I have to press and hold the key down to attack. When I let go, he stops attacking. Keys G5 and G6 are also 1 and 2 but they are the auto attack kind that will keep attacking until I press the button again. I had the same problem of attacking everything I targeted until someone told me about /targetenemy [noharm][dead]. I am able to add that or a similar one into the macro and it stops him from auto targeting things. He will only attack if I click on the target.