Destruction – 5.1

Looks like the recent patch broke a lot of things macro wise and fixed a few. Well here is one that is fixed so follows is my single target Chaos Bolt macro which uses Conflagrate as soon as it’s active, refreshes Immolate the second it times out and is pretty tight on the embers. On a long fight you will end up with 4 embers so have Chaos Bolt on a separate key-bind. (can do 4 in a row then) If you add an Incinerate then Immolate will be off the target for too long. Only issue I see is you munch 2 Back-drafts at the beginning of the fight or you could always pause and manually cast a Chaos Bolt with your starting ember.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Conflagrate
/cast [combat]Dark Soul: Instability
/targetenemy [noharm]

And here is the Shadowburn macro for when the boss is under 20% health. Always have Shadowburn hot-keyed to also use manually for extra charges. This macro also takes advantage of Pandemic so it refreshes Immolate a tad early.

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate,Shadowburn
/cast Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm]

And finally my Fire and Brimstone macro. Open with this,cast Rain of Fire and Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn away happily. Remember to refresh the F&B macro and Rain of Fire. I also always have Immolate hot-barred specifically for this macro because it rarely doesn’t cast it.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Fire and Brimstone,Immolate

Enjoy :slight_smile:

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements, Immolate,null

/castsequence reset=target Incinerate, Incinerate, Fel Flame, Incinerate

/castsequence reset=120 Dark Soul: Instability, Lifeblood

/cast Shadowburn

/startattack

This is what I use, then when Conflag is up I use it.

I couldn’t edit my last post so maybe whoever is in charge could look into that.

My comment about Backdraft being potentially wasted by using 2 Conflagrations in a row was wrong. Backdraft stacks up to 6 so with 2 Conflagrates in a row it will say 5 on the buff but you actually get 6 hasted Incinerates.

since the changes in the new patch i found this working really good

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate, Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence reset=15 Shadowburn,Incinerate,Incinerate,Shadowburn

[quote quote=3966]since the changes in the new patch i found this working really good /targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate, Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence reset=15 Shadowburn,Incinerate,Incinerate,Shadowburn [/quote]

works like a dream. It has a slight pause at the end of the macro, but, It’s usually for a second. Other than that good work. dps increased

Baboulas7 the only problem with your macro is it locks up when switching targets frequently because Conflagrate is on cooldown.

My macro alleviates all that by have it cast whenever it is ready which also means the maximum uptime on conflag. Using my macro you can switch targets as often/fast as you want to without any wait periods due to CD. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=3947]Looks like the recent patch broke a lot of things macro wise and fixed a few. Well here is one that is fixed so follows is my single target Chaos Bolt macro which uses Conflagrate as soon as it’s active, refreshes Immolate the second it times out and is pretty tight on the embers. On a long fight you will end up with 4 embers so have Chaos Bolt on a separate key-bind. (can do 4 in a row then) If you add an Incinerate then Immolate will be off the target for too long. Only issue I see is you munch 2 Back-drafts at the beginning of the fight or you could always pause and manually cast a Chaos Bolt with your starting ember. /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm] And here is the Shadowburn macro for when the boss is under 20% health. Always have Shadowburn hot-keyed to also use manually for extra charges. This macro also takes advantage of Pandemic so it refreshes Immolate a tad early. /castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate,Shadowburn
/cast Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm] And finally my Fire and Brimstone macro. Open with this,cast Rain of Fire and Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn away happily. Remember to refresh the F&B macro and Rain of Fire. I also always have Immolate hot-barred specifically for this macro because it rarely doesn’t cast it. /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Fire and Brimstone,Immolate Enjoy [/quote]

I having a problem I tried putting the first part it and its to long, cut off after /targetenem so I don’t know what I am doing wrong or if I reading this right. Could use some help please.

[quote quote=5029]I having a problem I tried putting the first part it and its to long, cut off after /targetenem so I don’t know what I am doing wrong or if I reading this right. Could use some help please.
[/quote]

Hello Nytemare, seems like you need to put a macro extender addon. Follow this guide (Link)
It will extend the characters limit in a macro.

happy new year everyone and sorry for my late reply but i was on holidays

mike i just tested your macro with some delay and i have to say it does not lock up in no way and if it seems that some times you see half mana gone there is nothing to worry about.

the thought crossed my mind at some point to use /cast Conflagrate but i was afraid that i would not have time to use the Incinerate fast enough before it expires. ty for your help m8 :slight_smile:

btw can we put Shadowburn somewhere in there cause it does not cast for me when i do

The only way I can get Shadowburn to work is use 2 hotbars. Having said that I now use Shadowburn and Dark Soul - Instability manually and use a builder macro with the sole purpose of building embers to 4 then cast DS-I manually and then 4 Chaos Bolts/Shadowburns in a row. This makes it a good chance to get some very nice crits.

The builder macro is the same as mine above minus the Chaos Bolt.

Love what you guys are doing. Just thoguht I’d share this ne perhaps it can be tweaked. Only used it on a target dummie atm and my lock is only 85 in iLvl 390 but averages 28k.

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,Conflagrate
/castsequence [combat] reset=5 Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

As I’ve only used it on a dummie Shadowburn hasn’t fired off yet I’ll let you know if it all works at present everything seems to flow nicely.

Enjoy

Rottz

I have found out from experience Dark Soul: Instability should only be used when you have 4 charges of Embers for maximum DPS and yes it changes things dramatically. I now only use what I call my Ember builder macro as follows.

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/cast Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm]

This builds Embers while keeping Immolate refreshed and uses Conflagrate as it refreshes. Once I get to 4 Embers I then hit Dark Soul: Instability then either 4 Chaos Bolts or 4 Shadowburns in a row. Often I will hold off using DS:I if the 20% mark is close so I can then use 4 empowered SB’s. These 3 abilities should be on their own key bind and not macroed. Doing this I am now competitive in raids whereas before I was on the lower end of the DPS scale.

Remember to always use Rain of Fire on any fight with more than one target for faster Ember building. Multiple RoF will not stack in the same area of effect but you can use it multiple times if the mobs are spread and it will stack then. Here’s how to rock destro AOE:

Fire & Brim -> Immolate > RoF >Conflag > Incin > You should have an ember from RoF + Immo by now > F&B > Conflag > F&B > Incin > F&B> Incin, etc
It’s actually not hard to get down. If you have a bunch of immolated targets, RoF generates embers like crazy. You can actually spam F&B and chaincast Incinerate. Weave a havoc or two in there and you will generate embers even faster. For smaller groups with high health you can also Havoc the highest health mob then SB three lower health mobs, by then the high health mob will be low.

Do you want to play destro well and excel or do you want to be too lazy and do mediocre DPS? The fact is having separate hot keys for SB, DS:I, Chaos Bolt and F&B and not an issue because they will get used only when necessary which gives you plenty of time spamming the builder macro. For anyone below level 90 and not raiding, it doesn’t matter what you do but for raiding you really should be playing this way.

The other mistake I see destro do is they use Doomguard at the start of a boss fight, this is totally wrong as per the tooltip. Use when the boss is below 20% health for max effect.

[quote quote=5683]Love what you guys are doing. Just thoguht I’d share this ne perhaps it can be tweaked. Only used it on a target dummie atm and my lock is only 85 in iLvl 390 but averages 28k. /castsequence reset=target Immolate,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,Conflagrate
/castsequence [combat] reset=5 Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] As I’ve only used it on a dummie Shadowburn hasn’t fired off yet I’ll let you know if it all works at present everything seems to flow nicely. Enjoy Rottz [/quote]

what does /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt do, how does it go about resetting CB?

[quote quote=5685]what does /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt do, how does it go about resetting CB?
[/quote]

Hello Nytemare, that line puts Chaos Bolt 3rd on a priority list. The second question I don’t follow what you mean.

Chaos Bolt doesn’t need resetting - it will cast when one ember is available in that priority.

Do you want to play destro well and excel or do you want to be too lazy and do mediocre DPS?

At char lvl 85 I was just sharing a ‘Lazy Macro’ as I was under the impression this was for ‘Lazy Macros’ I agree with your builder for Boss mobs but the one I shared that was ‘too lazy’ would work for getting to the boss and if indeed were very lazy would see you through.

You could always just have a second hotbar button the above for normal trash runs then the boss fight button…

I will go back to being quiet and just looking…

Rottz

David I am sorry if you got offended but read my post again and I stated specifically quote “For anyone below level 90 and not raiding, it doesn’t matter what you do”. This implies that your macro was perfectly good for what you are doing so I cannot see the reason for your response.

My comments were in no way referring to your post at all and was something I have been meaning to post for weeks now to help out level 90 raiders only. Maybe I should have specified that.

[quote quote=5685]

David wrote: Love what you guys are doing. Just thoguht I’d share this ne perhaps it can be tweaked. Only used it on a target dummie atm and my lock is only 85 in iLvl 390 but averages 28k. /castsequence reset=target Immolate,null /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Shadowburn /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,Conflagrate /castsequence [combat] reset=5 Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame /cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] As I’ve only used it on a dummie Shadowburn hasn’t fired off yet I’ll let you know if it all works at present everything seems to flow nicely. Enjoy Rottz
what does /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt do, how does it go about resetting CB? [/quote]

Resetting for me means when the macro will recycle back and use the attack - if I am understanding your macro you never have to reapply immolate again as the fel flame will keep it from falling off?

Yes Fel Flame refreshes Immolate, which got me wondering because it uses a global whether it is a dps loss or gain so I did some tests. Removed my trinkets and enchanted weapon so there are no procs and used a plain unenchanted weapon. All tests made till mana ran out.

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate - Immolate drops off for 1 sec and took ages to run out of mana 25.5k dps

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate - Immolate refreshes 2-4 secs early and took ages to run out of mana 25k dps

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate - ran out of mana a fair bit faster 25.5k dps

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,null
/castsequence reset=target Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame - as per Davids above macro, mana runs out really fast (5 rotations max) so tested it with full mana 10 times average dps was 25k.

From all this I have concluded Fel Flame is a mana hog and neither a dps increase nor decrease. Now this will differ with a full rotation (mana wise) - ie using Conflag, Chaos Bolt etc.

@David tested your macro and it locks up after Immolate>Conflag for me at least - the following did work well for me, maybe something wrong my end.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,Immolate,null
/castsequence reset=5 Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]