DESTRUCTION WARLOCK Updated 11.08.18 -8.0.1 BFA RAID READY

Depending on your iLvl that might be decent. Whats your ilvl, gear, legendaries?

happy with it, but sad that it insists on summoning imp, even when I have one out already (wastes time).

when I delete that line, all it does is immolate over and over and over again…

[quote quote=62040]happy with it, but sad that it insists on summoning imp, even when I have one out already (wastes time).
when I delete that line, all it does is immolate over and over and over again…[/quote]

Ill have a look at it and possibly post an update. Thanks for the feedback. It was not doing that for me when i tested but ill check.

[quote quote=62040]happy with it, but sad that it insists on summoning imp, even when I have one out already (wastes time).
when I delete that line, all it does is immolate over and over and over again…[/quote]

Deleted and also modified in other ways
Talents 2233123
Any changes to Talent Row 75 will not have any effect on this macro.

This is my opener for the expansion with Destruction. Things will likely change as we get azerite gear but not much from the below. Please let me know what you think.

Ctrl Key = Dark Soul: Instability
Alt Key = Cataclysm

Notes:
-This macro does not contain Havoc.
-AHK: 100ish

diK3daalvPUfjODPq(fvzyGIJbvldINrknnffxtHY2aj(gOQXPGohjX6ufUhbPbsI0bbLwiijpKeXebvUijQ2ibHrss1jvOALKQEji1mjbUjjPDsv9tsugkjLLsc1trAQkYwbj1BjWDHu7LYFjOmyHdR0Ivu9yIMScCzjBwvYNHKrdLtlQxRkA2ICBv1Uv53adNuCCfLwovEoIPl11j02jO67KkJNGOZdI1tcz)O2WTjZh3OWQmLlm4uoDsXktydhbZiCZhXMmQ6vstkFpnkw3Aip880b0Lwfb5VshGmsc(E)6pVCeVDWp72e5l6E59c4e)epJoTP6AIrrq0QfhrRrvVsAm6ewMWrMWXhchan1vooEbCC0yfhLqQzpsgCCOl3yCaxrANOSZGBehty5dfHdD5uIJu(zLGWHeBpufhlHdDfhOQMJvrLl3fhOQ1XXCXMJd0C8fLyC8Yb(C0yfhZReq3ioulvlP4ivnh)IJNhqhh6W2MdiaroAS89CeRN1RK2L4a6cchcLd4w3toOaX0dog)i9opNYnewpSPMdOliCiuouY2RmbH8z9SEFqxKhCW6v4ewMWXFLoahdafHJd0CibxV5Jd1xHdKJy9kew1H(bh4WatMGX6nkC1Rvm1MpUrvDLoauxosgCeBY8XTjZh3OEYL0KAwX6KfhcuQu0raU3hqIT3vP8H6Te8NVnAoWXrqmFeJ6jxsZHGdiX27Qu(qHMdC4vbkiMVwJ6jxsZHGdiX27Qu(qHMdCCOmCSHM)mg1tUKMuZkwNS4qWbKy7DvkFOqZbIkWJG8MdevGhb5nhiQapcIrvaaOrb5FUnQwymQAasR6kDaBYAJcDbrnxri2K5JBuVEDOQUU6dHdbhaBDF0cgu7a0MpIr9i966T7v(081Aup5sAoe8bdESP(TsLIocW9wc(Z3gnh4JHGdZqZFgJ6jxsZHGpyWdz7sO5ahx7WXgATrPDPriepzNbNrP1SI115nzu1CLQR0bSjZh3OEYL0Ci4asS9UkLpuO5q7mdT2OqxquCLQLu2K1wBTrPAk54Wz(iqbEJcRyJbCgf2b)SBt0VO7LrvDpXnn(1Lt411zWzqL1wBgaUsage Information
This is my opener for the expansion with Destruction. Things will likely change as we get azerite gear but not much from the below. Please let me know what you think.

Alt Key = Cataclysm

Notes:

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Immolate

KeyPress: Dark Soul: Instability, Cataclysm

Main Sequence: Summon Infernal, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate

Edit: Nope, that wasn’t it. So I added another Immolate at the end of the Incinerate cast sequence, and that seems to help a bit. I’m going to try putting it instead as it’s own line, and see if that casts it too much maybe.

Edit2: Ok, having it on it’s own line casted it WAY WAY too much. I tried adding another cast of it in the cast sequence. Let’s see how this does. Lol

Edit3: Ok, that seems to work best.

/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate, Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Immolate

So that’s what I have in the macro now, and I left it in the pre-macro sequence. This is also with me taking the talent that eats time away from Immolate with every Chaos Bolt, so if you don’t have that talent, then maybe it’s casting too much.

90ms I think is too fast. You had mentioned above I think that you run it at 100ms or so? I just was watching it on a target dummy, and it went at least 30 seconds without Immolate on the target. It was a really long time, and I think it’s because of that delay, and it kept missing it in the rotation.

At least that’s my guess?

Yes I just tried it. Its a nice modification. For those that wonder what that looks like here it is. Personally I prefer my macro for Single target as it has a modifier for immolate on it but this may have some use for the AOE macro. Ill test the AOE macro some a little bit later tonight. The reason the single target one isn’t an issue for me may be attributed to my 245 item level and 44% haste.

SINGLE TARGET MOD. Updated Original is in the top of the page
Below is how the Single Target macro would look like with your suggestion. Ill be on later tonight (7/30/18) to test out the aoe with your suggested addition.

Note: This ST macro is different than the one I use atop. However I also looked into incorporating this for my AOE macro and its a definite winner. So the AOE macro atop is updated also to incorporate this. See below as well for the updated version as of AOE 7.30.18

[quote quote=62353]Edit: Nope, that wasn’t it. So I added another Immolate at the end of the Incinerate cast sequence, and that seems to help a bit. I’m going to try putting it instead as it’s own line, and see if that casts it too much maybe.
Edit2: Ok, having it on it’s own line casted it WAY WAY too much. I tried adding another cast of it in the cast sequence. Let’s see how this does. Lol
/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate, Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Immolate
So that’s what I have in the macro now, and I left it in the pre-macro sequence. This is also with me taking the talent that eats time away from Immolate with every Chaos Bolt, so if you don’t have that talent, then maybe it’s casting too much.
90ms I think is too fast. You had mentioned above I think that you run it at 100ms or so? I just was watching it on a target dummy, and it went at least 30 seconds without Immolate on the target. It was a really long time, and I think it’s because of that delay, and it kept missing it in the rotation.
At least that’s my guess?[/quote]

dq0teaalfLBbOSlvHFrrdti1Xiyzq8mIyAa01uL02uLY3uv14OGZbPSovvUNqsduvchuO0crPspuvrtucUOQcBeqLrku1jrPSsj0lbWmfcDtHk7Kq)uiQHQkAPcrEkQMQeDvvjAROuXxrPQ3sHUlrAVu9xHIbt6WQSyivpMstwvPll1MbKpJsgnkoTGxROA2s62aTBL(nOHtuDCvPA5k8COMUORRiBxi47eLXdOQZdjRxiX(r2f8sxuW58Yyk8bVmsV8Zs2ISymgEe9dHyE(b7J55hS3fr8sNhFxLxd7CNZKPC8pttzqz1lkOap7aIFyHGMGni69aBEFbdJRIbNgazceCmbInDE5v7nXoxarcIaIeNxOb6MQPlk4847QCNxYeWKgWKcIIuO8E7bPabhKMmnPnWl)wCaUKklKmKwOX5yYMb4(G0sMWYctQSqTsAnmVROi1YClRM0dtQSMuwDs6fLEeYMuw9nif9PK0fMKcozzifObeK0KPjf9UcL9G0N1(WnP1ojfSjD(cLrQmMljffCI0KjSZFqfPIXwtsbOrrAujLnqqy9YMk(zoQKcqJI0OsAHBmNuoCQ(Ju2wCEOhQHefvueMn(hPurGvYeWKcE2bK0cWgtQyKlj1c38clPXFraAjvwizclPHetQf(TFqfbwSXdWpsfIo6aMHkcScWgt6cts5tGGWL0yxuKkVtmv05XoLmWHZFwVnVWIFbax9g3684o7aYo9ahGl2lDrbV0ffCUP9WjUFFQxBtQXxyNgy4y2cTm3UDnSSMzHGOFPusfeqqCreNBApCsQXfAzUD7AyzjLuH)O9gIlkX5M2dNKACHwMB3Ugwwsjvq4ndVAWfb05M2dN4(9PETnPgxOL52TRHLLusrq7pcYmsLaOHzKIG2FeKzKIG2FeKzKIG2FeKzKkbqdU4Ro30E4K0pzUD7kPfAq4cuy0opIqO8igadPZrI25a0OIux7d3EPNoNNTCGBATzaUoN3Vp1BgUQZbOr9C0ySx6Ico3mVbRo7TbrrQXfYCdqPg)23xPUiIZnX5nYlZZo3fL4Ct7Htsncc)(7QPusLaObxeqNBApCsQrq43F2CuLsQGGedVAWtN)C0XD2b0lDrbNBApCsQXfAzUD7AyzjLujaAWtN)eIZ4o7a6LUOGZnX5nYlZZo3tp905C5TLTcUiYB)DEC3oDv22ShrO3maxND90t3bUsage Information

Alt Key = Immolate
Notes:
-This macro Does NOT contain Havoc within its code.
-Does not Summon Any pets

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.04.

Macro Version 1

KeyPress: Immolate, Dark Soul: Instability

Main Sequence: Incinerate, Immolate, Summon Infernal, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate

Post Macro:

AOE 7.30.18
diK8daalO0TifAxIQ(Lqnmi0XqyzQ0ZGutdsCnfjBdG8nvKXreNdcwhaUhrsdKuWbHKwirIEiPunriQlskXgbOAKIkoPIuRuiEjezMKs6MKk2PO8tsPmusLwkPOEkHPQO2krcVfrUlIAVu9xIugmLdR0Ivr9ysMSI4Ys2Sk0NHIrdvNwHxRcMTi3gODRQFdA4cPJlQ0Yf8CKMUuxNO2orQ(oPQXdq58aA9KISFu7e(SNr4cu1MwKgYArmRzTjnj5rmpHND9zxKtLIMg)bxG3DukaXX6H6tRMacUQaKMxbbJblWZvGgVtahHnrbLdhJpcdYG0yxmVP6BQlUx0OjUODbY1Xvo1EgHlYPsrDXm(GY2GYgiq2GrRVcSDegyRXl2kal6(0b8zt)OXzd5I2bzvpGFE2MXhpgkB6hPeBPXHkbKnf((yk2wkB6l2WunBRMQWOl2WuBGTZYnBpSzduwHZ2XaeKTgVy7CLG6ZZMUPAPfBPQzdSy7Wd1ZME8TzdiuMTgF8hYZr4iAVdj2qQaYMuzd5nCGnbuobaBt)0EppsJgihb1uZgsfq2KkBAF7vLasb5iCKmyxuayJJOXz8bLnWvfGSnbwu2EyZMc(9oE2YzLouLNJOruZbjayJarehuCoIlqvUXHbxG6eWrytcq5WrxOZQcqPOc0b8P(SNr4ZEgHlIvlTPvUY1Rk2iPbLCGcdyFOcF)VsJhdwfe882KzJG4E9SRlIvlTzJ0dv47)vA8yiZgXjea01Zq7Iy1sB2i9qf((FLgpgYSrqaijtjXZqXfXQL20kx56vfBKEOcF)VsJhdz2UiC6EXY2fHt3lw2UiC6EXYgAuKGLTlcNUxSSHgfjUqRqyuToahTlqJOl0fsBDwva6ZE7cKkG6gkk1N9mcxe3Bat11xGazJ0dX3aizstQDczp76IyAVHE7Evh8m0UiwT0MnsGWjaSPgRguYbkmGvbbpVnz2iM6sGOepdfxeRwAZgjq4eauDirMncc0sMsI3Uq0vuax(v9a(Uqu5kxFp2Kl0nu6SQa0N9mcxeRwAZgPhQW3)R04XqMn0OiXBxGubuZvQwA5ZE7T3UqeTutJSNDb0jxOZ(YBA6VRG0RVhW3LsV92DUsage Information

Alt Key = Cataclysm

Notes:

Macro Version 1

KeyPress: Dark Soul: Instability, Cataclysm

Main Sequence: Incinerate, Immolate, Summon Infernal, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate

Great Suggestion. I went ahead and made the AOE Macro update on the first page albeit with a different sequence. I use Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Immolate, Incinerate, Immolate

[quote quote=62353]Edit: Nope, that wasn’t it. So I added another Immolate at the end of the Incinerate cast sequence, and that seems to help a bit. I’m going to try putting it instead as it’s own line, and see if that casts it too much maybe.
At least that’s my guess?[/quote]

Hello Admiral,

Just wanted to let you know that in my computer Alt and Ctrl doesn’t work at all (pressed once, several in sequence or even held down).

Only fair that I inform that I run a Mac in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I don’t know if it’s Mac or GSE Options/Macro Reset (I’ve all key options set to any) related.

It doesn’t bother me because I’ve everything on its key and they do work, but to other people with different UI designs, it may be an issue.

Cheers

[quote quote=62448]Hello Admiral,
Just wanted to let you know that in my computer Alt and Ctrl doesn’t work at all (pressed once, several in sequence or even held down).
Only fair that I inform that I run a Mac in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
I don’t know if it’s Mac or GSE Options/Macro Reset (I’ve all key options set to any) related.
It doesn’t bother me because I’ve everything on its key and they do work, but to other people with different UI designs, it may be an issue.
Cheers[/quote]

This is usually caused by wow keybindings, a lot of keys in wow are bound to ALT, CTRL or Shift. Maybe try changing those?

So I’m curious. What’s the main difference that we can’t have the 2 macros combined into 1 with just modifiers for Immolate and Cataclysm?

The cast sequence line?

Edit: Took your single target macro, added in a shift modifier for Cataclysm, because even in single target rotations, Cataclysm is used, and now I have Immolate on Alt, Cata on Shift, and things are working great. iLvl 202 and pulling blue parses in LFR on Warcraft Logs. Anywhere from 58-72nd percentile. I take all logs with a grain of salt, however these are the best parses I’ve gotten for any class I’ve tried since BfA pre-patch.

Nice work!

[quote quote=62518]

Hello Admiral, Just wanted to let you know that in my computer Alt and Ctrl doesn’t work at all (pressed once, several in sequence or even held down). Only fair that I inform that I run a Mac in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 I don’t know if it’s Mac or GSE Options/Macro Reset (I’ve all key options set to any) related. It doesn’t bother me because I’ve everything on its key and they do work, but to other people with different UI designs, it may be an issue. Cheers

This is usually caused by wow keybindings, a lot of keys in wow are bound to ALT, CTRL or Shift. Maybe try changing those?[/quote]

Sadly it’s not so easily solved :wink:

Checked WoW’s Key Biddings and disabled all that used a modifier except pet action buttons (I don’t use the other anyway), also tried with and without the option to disable OS Keyboard Shortcuts.

Nothing. The problem persists.

Curious that back in the previous expansion MODifiers used to work.

Cheers

[quote quote=62530]So I’m curious. What’s the main difference that we can’t have the 2 macros combined into 1 with just modifiers for Immolate and Cataclysm?
The cast sequence line?
Edit: Took your single target macro, added in a shift modifier for Cataclysm, because even in single target rotations, Cataclysm is used, and now I have Immolate on Alt, Cata on Shift, and things are working great. iLvl 202 and pulling blue parses in LFR on Warcraft Logs. Anywhere from 58-72nd percentile. I take all logs with a grain of salt, however these are the best parses I’ve gotten for any class I’ve tried since BfA pre-patch.
Nice work![/quote]

Hey thank you. I’m not sure why but I can never use the shift modifier on my computer. Somewhere wow or my computer is blocking me and I have yet to find that out. I want to have that set up also. I ended up making a macro that more so often than not keeps immolate up, doesn’t over cast it, and that gives me control for cataclysm. Those were som of my fundamental goals. Your set up is something I hope to get on the day I figure out what’s blocking my shift modifier.

I am pretty sure it’s working as blizzard intended … all jokes aside I think that’s a bug on blizzards side. An external keyboard might be warranted. Not too much of an expert on macs unfortunately.

[quote quote=62560]

Hello Admiral, Just wanted to let you know that in my computer Alt and Ctrl doesn’t work at all (pressed once, several in sequence or even held down). Only fair that I inform that I run a Mac in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 I don’t know if it’s Mac or GSE Options/Macro Reset (I’ve all key options set to any) related. It doesn’t bother me because I’ve everything on its key and they do work, but to other people with different UI designs, it may be an issue. Cheers

This is usually caused by wow keybindings, a lot of keys in wow are bound to ALT, CTRL or Shift. Maybe try changing those?
Sadly it’s not so easily solved ???? Checked WoW’s Key Biddings and disabled all that used a modifier except pet action buttons (I don’t use the other anyway), also tried with and without the option to disable OS Keyboard Shortcuts. Nothing. The problem persists. Curious that back in the previous expansion MODifiers used to work. Cheers[/quote]

Hello Admiral,

Yes, most of the times it’s not a bug, it’s a design feature LOL

Now, I come with, not a bug, but a feature request (read challenge too).

Admiral (you may read Houston too), I have a problem!

I’m here because I’m reallyyyy LAZY (well my hands don’t help either …) and consequently I’m always searching for an easy (lazy) way eheheh.

Changing macros is easy enough, each macro has its key, but changing talents is a time-consuming pain in the proverbial anatomic cushion.

Searching the web, I found several talents changing add-ons/macros.

Like the ones in this thread https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753297163

Question: can you incorporate their functions in your macros? Kind of your macros becoming talent auto-adjusting.

That would be great and probably a first in WLM :slight_smile:

Cheers

[quote quote=62718]I’m here because I’m reallyyyy LAZY (well my hands don’t help either …) and consequently I’m always searching for an easy (lazy) way eheheh.

Changing macros is easy enough, each macro has its key, but changing talents is a time-consuming pain in the proverbial anatomic cushion.[/quote]

Try this: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/talent-set-manager

As I said, one of many; perhaps the best, but not “LAZY” enough.

In other words; something that requires more than one step is not “elegant”, programming-wise speaking.

“maximum desired effect achieved with the smallest or simplest effort.”

Cheers

im maintaining about 2k on the raider test dummy. running this at 80ms ilvl 211.

not sure if thats good or not?

[quote quote=63162]im maintaining about 2k on the raider test dummy. running this at 80ms ilvl 211.
not sure if thats good or not?[/quote]

That sounds right. To make sure it’s performing close to your perfect scenario I would test your character in raidbots via the simc export add on in wow (YouTube this if confused).

Also Destruction thrives on two target scenarios where you can get full use of Havoc. Anytime you are not using havoc you are losing at least 15-25% dps. Target dummies should be tested with havoc on another dummy while testing the macro.

[quote quote=62807]

Try this: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/talent-set-manager%5B/quote%5D
As I said, one of many; perhaps the best, but not “LAZY” enough.
In other words; something that requires more than one step is not “elegant”, programming-wise speaking.
“maximum desired effect achieved with the smallest or simplest effort.”
Cheers[/quote]

I think I am too lazy to find one for you. If I do find an easy way I’ll post it here. Just won’t actively look for one because I am also lazy.

ah yes Thankyou Admiral i hadnt been using Havoc. still abit of a Nub when it comes to Locks.

quick sim run its saying 2800ish so im happy with the dps im putting out atm, will incorporate Havoc and see how i go

thanks again for a great Macro

08.15.18. This macro is a little bit more involved. But in general does high burst.
How to use it:
Ctrl Key = Immolate
Alt Key = Cataclysm

On enemy mobs with high HP cast CTRL Key with the macro for Immolate. Then let the macro run and refresh immolate. The macro will always try to cast as many chaos bolts at the enemy as possible. Else it will generate shards. Dark Soul: Instability is casted in the macro. Summon Infernal @ Cursor is casted in the macro. Be sure to have your mouse on top of the enemy packs. This is my current leveling build. I might end up using this or a variation of this during dungeons and raids.

Have Fun!

di0beaalr0TiPYUqOFjsddQYXuLLHONrKMMsLUMcSnOW3uv14uOZrj16qG7rjyGKu6GqLwiLOEOcYeLsCrkjTrkjgjLsNuPQwjLQxcLmtsQ6Muk2Pu8tkHgkcAPsj9usnvLYwjPO3cL6Uqf7LQ)QuXGrDyvwmuvpMIjtexwYMLs9zvvgnrDAf9AOOzRKBlv7wu)gYWfHJRuLLt45inDHRtITRG67KKXtsHZRQSEkr2py)5BEZZ14ArRUtlwvV1Qf3zKiEeF7G3iX3aIVrVH03CTT1kXAMX01YrKGsqAQkKQ1zPV(zeikrdQN2Ro(LGMEs6tXTODfr702iHsNM66TBv5G6AssPsFKsDDlv7tzfEZZ12wReUEtEsbEsbU)bmkrLlbWTrcGd5c4snsCz6eLbw1mKbULIgcftmrzIaVjpZ)OaRAUwaVMywRpGnYx(xb8rbwvb8Vka(SujMrb8V6eaJVsaCgfa3vmYa3wG6ahYfW4xlKkIat4QoAb8QcG7fWyMrQawL8fa)HuaoKNzmjc2b7dfIfWyvFaBbG3V3rRlkWoURaySQpGTaWdDXzwF0oyhS3GIIsaWGD1TjpPa3pJabSeurboJcGnOCCZmW2EdJmaJea36nZaJAdSvMIIiWwwrqdGd5QdSQzid8qxCM1hTd8LLaC)Yk3cy5ByKjjWHCLbEvbWHCbC)mceWIPKIiWGD1HRTyraWsXRtb7UgxLqgjCnUs6tXT0DfrBxBZzei1Se0jkt9nV55BEZZ1PMJga)Eshhm6nKUo1C0Gw7Puztbm2Q1OiOirsdQJ)f4a87rs6nsDDQ5ObWV)wJbP3SRRtnhnO1Ekv2ua)EymoymjWVhgJdgtc87HX4GrVzGRtnhnO1Ekv2uatA9FsYKatA9FsYKatA9FssxREekH6N9z4AP45Acr0WMZiq(MhUgR6JqrrP(M38CDACIFvu5Q)bm2zK8j64GTK6KGJ3q66uACI4I4my6nsDDQ5ObWy3rsi4wrs1AueuKiPb1X)cCa(nG8H3O3SRRtnhnag7oscbMqSWbyP7o6HR1rLWkkztmrzxtOyIeZ4Z1ekkBoJa5BE4ASQVwRvD0Y38WdpCTorz2VfVHeJ)U2MlRCR9ZrjgUYXeLDl7HhUdUsage Information

Ctrl Key = Immolate
Alt Key = Cataclysm

Notes:
-This macro does not contain Havoc or Rain of Fire. Burst them with Cataclysm and manual havoc, then let the macro ride.
-AHK: 30ms

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.06.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

KeyPress: Immolate, Cataclysm

Main Sequence: Incinerate, Dark Soul: Instability, Summon Infernal, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate