Dragonflight Pally Tank Updated 25.03.23 for 10.0.7

@Mike_Luoto Pick one…

Thank you for your kind reply, I just wanted to let you know that I did update the macro and talents up top. Im not too happy with the new talents but tried to grab some good ones while not sacrificing too much. The macro is 95% the same as before but has a bit of wording change.

@Jeniva

Hi, thank you for the question, if you would like to know the talents that I chose, I updated them up top. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

2 Likes

Hi Buenor! Thank you for your hard work on this awesome macro! I have one question. What’s the reason for not taking Divine Toll?

How many MS use this macro ??

Hi, I really dont see such a great benefit with divine toll as a prot pally. I was venthyr through shadowlands and I believe that Ashen Hallow was the more powerful of the abilities for the pally by far. That aside, the talent trees are very tight with the new update so i went with what i felt was the most tanky build. it focuses on Sentinel and damage with shield of the righteous which works with the newly improved dusk and dawn talents to provide a shield. I think the divine toll has to long of a cool down and isnt that useful compared to the dusk and dawn shield of the righteous talents. If you really wanted you could sacrifice something for it, and possibly the talent on the prot pally side that gives you a bubble for damage done. That might be something for a dps burst or bubble like on big pulls. I prefer the sustained bubble of the other talents, and it works great on AoE.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Hi, I run mine at 100 ms or a 0.100 click delay. Feel free to test yours out and use what feels best for you.

could you make the macro so that when I @mouseover over an ally it uses Intercession instead of Shield of the Righteous

Hi, well I didnt quite make the macro you wanted, but i will edit it so it does as you wanted too.

With this one, you can hold Ctrl and it will use word of glory either on yourself, your target, or @mouseover. You can than hold Alt and it will use Intercession at your target or @mouseover. and than lastly its default is to do three shield of the righteous and than a word of glory on yourself for the shining light talent. You will need to replace the areas that have the macro blocks for shield of the righteous in my original macro with either of these being as they are the spenders.

/castsequence [mod:alt,combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [mod:alt,combat,help,dead] Intercession; [mod:Ctrl,@mouseover,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@target,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@player] Word of Glory; [nomod] Shield of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous, Word of Glory

and here is the version you requested I believe

/castsequence [mod:Ctrl,@mouseover,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@target,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@player] Word of Glory; [combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Intercession

With this version being as you didnt specify more, you will just store holy power indefinitely until you manually use it. That is why I made the version above so you can choose which action you want to take with your holy power, either word of glory, shield of the righteous, or intercession.

Thank you, runs pretty smooth. I use Divine Toll and Eye of Tyr. Would love to cast them through your macro.

It is a nice Macro but for some reason, despite using the proper talents and running at 50 ms with 413 ilvl, I can’t manage to keep a 100% uptime on SotR. I even try to cast my my Bastion of Light before pull to start fight with maximum SotR, but it can take a while until I get my first stack.
Eventually had to put it on a modifier key to force it every time it expires. Anyone having the same issue?

Hi, so if that is the spells you are wanting to put in, you would need to edit the macro a bit depending on the version you have. Above here I made a version for someone to use intercession. Im writing this in a hurry so i cant do too much testing but i can give you something that works as intended. I just tried to see if i could differentiate the left and the right shift but it didnt seem to work, so i just cut out intercession.

Your new main holy power macro would be this below. Replace any of the other holy power macro sections with it.

/castsequence [mod:Ctrl,@mouseover,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@target,help,nodead] [mod:Ctrl,@player] Word of Glory; [nomod] Shield of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous, Word of Glory

and you would need to paste this in your “key press section” so it fires immediately. You just need to release the modifier key after it fires so that the macro can continue firing normally.

/cast [mod:alt,combat] Eye of Tyr
/cast [mod:shift,combat] Divine Toll

I know we can use the use at least the three modifier keys, shift, alt, and ctrl, and a post speculated that we could possibly use more, but I havent done any testing or research into the fact. With that said, using this macro edit, you would than have all three used. Let me know if you have any other problems or questions.

1 Like

Hi, I too have noticed that SoTR doesnt have a 100% uptime in details buff meter and such. I just looked into it and i get around 70 to 80% normally. I thought about setting up a click pause and a separate macro that uses it only every other second but than i realized that it is additive to itself so that would be counter intuitive because i thought at first that it might not be. I guess i just never paid attention to it all that much. I think the main problem is haste. I believe haste reduces the global cooldown but i could be wrong, I didnt find anything in game with a quick search being as the haste stat itself doesnt state that. I have tried to maximize my talents to grab all the free holy power talents and haste talents so i can maximize the rotation speed. Another thing with the rotation speed is that it than uses SoTR which than provides a shield for 20% of the damage and healing done. you could switch to the other one if you would like and see if that allows you to get a higher SoTR up time.

Another thing I have noticed when using my macro is that the macro get hung up, at least on the first use of WoG. Even though its free and should be used, it hangs up there a second or so. I know if you put [exists] in front of most of the spells that it for some reason uses them instantly and with greater efficiency. I just havent been able to get it to work properly in my one test i did due to how complicated that whole section is.

I try to do what i can with what i have. I also dont know everything there is to know about macros and the tips and tricks being as Im not so involved anymore. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer what i can.

1 Like

unfortunately it doesn’t work like you sent me.
Intercession is not triggered

@Daniel Have you tried clearing your keybindings in GSE? I tried it and it worked flawlessly for me in game before i posted it here.

macro is working amazing for m+ doing +21 and +22’s with it atm at 410 ilvl.

I am struggling to opimise it for raid tho anyone got any tips or versions for raid?

it doesn’t work for me.
He continues to use Shield of the Righteous.
can you set the mocro with the changes?

Are you running Wowhead recommended talent build or the one here? Feel that with the recommended one, I am always starving HP.

This is what i am using for m+
BIEAS+uMNo6HaxL/ztTZBhrdc2SaJkiodAlIJaNJJSEhEAAgAAAAAAAAg4AJJEIJkkiEiUAgIAASgA

Honestly this works great! I am also doing +20-+23s with this. Only thing is that my judgement uptime seems low, any chance you could add more judgment casts?

EDIT: I just moved judgment block up 2 times and this works better imo