Dragonflight Pally Tank Updated 25.03.23 for 10.0.7

Buenor, Love the macro man, use it non-stop. I’d like to add Eye of Tyr into the auto rotation since its on a 45 sec CD, where would you suggest it for best placement, wouldn’t want to ruin your masterpiece rotation as it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, thank you for reporting in that it works great in such high keys.

I think with the talents and stuff that i picked, it should shine best in AoE situations. I think the dusk and dawn talent i picked and the harmony of the other talents really picks up with that Aoe damage. Single target SoTR damage isnt something to write home about, and that being said, it doesnt harmonize so well. Being as the talents are so tight and difficult to pick, I could only recommend a a small but possibly helpful single target change to the talents ( take it with a grain of salt because I hardly play anymore, i just base everything off intuition). You could change the dusk and dawn talent Fading light to Seal of Order on the paladin side. As for the Protection side, i would probably switch Bulwark of Righteous Fury to Eye of Tyr, and possibly see if you could snatch another point from somewhere (its difficult i know) and put it in the Inmost light to reduce the cooldown on it. With these changes, you will take 10% less damage, and that might make up for you not being able to make such large absorb shields, and your holy power generating spells cooldown 10% faster so you can than have a possibly better up time on SoTR. You will also gain an amazing defensive cooldown that is on a 45 second cooldown to help with heavy damage portions like tank swaps.

I hope this can help some, like i said, its all theorized or intuition so play around with it and maybe someone has a better change in mind.

Hi, below you will find the edited macro with the intercession on the Alt modifer key, Word of Glory on the Ctrl modifier key, and Shield of the Righteous as the standard holy power spender. I believe thats what you are requesting. Let me know if it works or if you have any further questions.

dW0viaWkQsuZsvDlQsLDrvs9lbAykYXuWYuQEgLmnjHRPkTnfY3qLmob4CuvyDskVtvuduH6GuQfIcEOGmruOUiksBuvq9rQk1iPQKtsvvRefXlfuZuaDtvH2jI(jvjYqrL6OuvXsLu9uGPsQUkvPQTQkWxvf5SuLK1svcElcUlcTxO)svknysomslgv8yu1KvYLj2mkQpljnALYPrPxtvmBHUnPSBv63GgofDCuilxINtLPl11vuBxs03PQOXtvLopfwpvPy(Qy)IEyvj04wfKXbuhjhqa32bgOx5T62KHrYDuhbbsDT3BUOTSqW(0U1uftVdCvradbGGhP8fOd1rYbuhbpGwyPCIId1rqyXOUefQtqDKCabb5PU2jmAwU8sQiObx1SJ9NhQXH2)XAWzNaRuk)njA(xcDrmve0GRA2X(Zd14q7)Men)lHUiMk)VTu4fNJfEFove0GRAH6s8pwdo7eyLs5VjrZ)fUe6IyQiObx1c1L4FCtlvL(VjrZ)fUe6IyQiObx1c1L4FSzKAifIP6jyzLkiZPY3ryX45ur4c1GlIPcSXkXvQGmNQEtsvD2QBTaND)ub2yL4kvqMtvVjPQoB1TwGZUFQaBSsCLkiZPQ3KuvNT6wlWz3pvpblRubzov(oclgyJGWIb3fX5qDKCabbBAPQ0Yv0msfHlCJw0isyj0frKChbbDnT00UP8EWgBeyZ3SWRd1rYbuhjhqqEYtyXG7I4C5jpi5occYtDTty0SC5LurqdUQfQlX)yn4StGvkL)Men)x4sOlIPIGgCvluxI)XnTuv6)Men)x4sOlIPIGgCvluxI)XMrQHuiMQaEhXL1ZP61A000pvVwJMM(P61A000pvb8oIllK0cb5jpHfJ6suOojp5bbmM1r5eLfYac0nmfeyZ3SWl2i5oQJKdiiip11oHrZYLxsfbn4QMDS)8qno0(pwdo7eyLs5VjrZ)sOlIPIGgCvZo2FEOghA)3KO5Fj0fXuz5JHP3kEove0GRAH6s8pwdo7eyLs5VjrZ)fUe6IyQiObx1c1L4FCtlvL(VjrZ)fUe6IyQiObx1c1L4FSzKAifIPkG3rCz9CQiCHAWfXu9AnAA6NQxRrtt)u9AnAA6NQaEhXLfc0nmfeyZ3SWl2iPfQJKdOosoGG8KNWIb3fX5YtEqYDeeKN66urGhQXH2etL1qabubsAHG8KNWIrDjkuNKN8GaDdtbb28nl8InsUJ6i5acYtEclgCxeNlp5bj3rqqEQRtfbXVSU2rmvwd(W6fjTqqEYtyXOUefQtYtEqGUHPGaB(MfEXgjTqDKCab5jpHfdUlIZLN8GK7iiip11PIG4xwx7iMQ9k256fjTqqEYtyXOUefQtYtEqGUHPGaB(MfEXgjRa1rYbeKN8ewm4UioxEYdsUJGG8ux7egnlxEjve4HACOnXuTp6LlRFQSET8X7pvwVw(4fjTqqEYtyXOUefQtYtEqGUHPGaB(MfEXgjFrDKCab5jpHfdUlIZLN8GK7iiip11PIat9lRRDet1(0oxdiPfcYtEclg1LOqDsEYdc0nmfeyZ3SWl2iOUyk0gjhqGUHPGGaHqteaAX8HNV8nl8IaGWOz52S0i2yJa)VCMzJ9dOfwkNO4qDeecQXH2idiqVWE9i9oYbb1zVv3roiWxcDHCqaPW7b5Ga9c71J0diheWGeBKdcQZERoGCWgBSrWdOfwkNO4qDSrWtc1J9CH6qDSrWJstzmTPOoc8LenJSxpiyRBtxTGb9j0NrQ3yOr5lqNxZd1c2bxfAv4L5iB1T27mPXOH310RNGwv8AnGaDAuUTdbm4ptTbE55hjHJ8f1Vbg0BADVadBLf)otFTzsD2Ny94XpmXJhp(jed22(BBBBBBBB7ptycRNQE8jdqMWqi7Q22(XpHqWJ07mn6)TLsLYTzHxKbeyp3BWccyywUEXhQm(ri8wDMwwiiuK6C(ZyKChbm9YmSWlHGAM0MYHnY2gidi4jH6XEUqDOo2iGXcZ05yJKdiiqQR9EZfTLfc2N2hMS2TMMQ4DIleqs1eeWTDGb6vERUnzye4ljAIGhnsvv5kfAmvn96jvAu(cmv(KT3s1yn4StGvkLu9eSSsfK5u57iSyKk4nv0uPbxSmZkLu5rmsvdt1MentLB20ew6uzaNlPQfQMxJaGPW7pJrYrJqGUxkesomnnnXfc8nGPpqkow4fjTgSMWgBSre
1 Like

Hi, thank you for reporting your finding and that it works great in M+. If you would like more judgment casts, you can try to add the conditional [exists] in front of it, so like /cast [exists] Judgment. I dont exactly know why it works but it works for some reason. The game actually click on it when it gets to it and doesnt just like half click it if you know what i mean. Moving judgment up a few positions in the list is also a great idea, great thinking there. I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any further questions or problems.

Hi, well this is kinda a tricky/ difficult task to accomplish. The thing is the auto cast on such a important ability, and that Paladin tanks are like a fully ranged tank if they need to be. That being said, i dont think that there is any abilities that are melee only use. You could just place it somewhere and forget it, but than its casted as you are running across the platform because the mobs or boss just moved, or you auto auto cast it a few seconds before tank swap and now you dont have you amazing and quick defensive cooldown when its your turn to tank swap or something. You could try and place it behind a spell so that it casts it first and than Eye of Tyr so what its not casted so quickly upon pull, you know so you can get in a good position and get ramped up. If anything, i would probably reccomend to place it behind a Shield of the Righteous so at least you would hopefully be in position and good to go, but that might be too long till that SoTR is ready to be cast and the healers werent ready on pull so now you are at half health or something. In that situation you would normally just cast it so you can help the healers and yourself out.

Its best to least it on a modifier key because you never know when you might need it you know. It is just a very quick tap away if you put

/cast [mod:alt,combat] Eye of Tyr

In your key press section and it fires immediately and without any hiccups when you need it most. (you can change the modifier key to which ever you have free or prefer of course, it was just an example.)

I dont think its the best idea to go fully auto but if i were to do it, i would just add an action at the top of the list with the line.

/castsequence Shield of the Righteous, Eye of Tyr

Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions or problems.

Great points, thank you. Ill prob just keep it on self cast with my Bell

1 Like

What is your average SotR uptime in a key with it? I hover between 70% and 75% and wondering if that’s any good (416 ilvl, 4 set, 50 ms).

1 Like

mines the same tbh, most i have had is around 81%

I tried to import your new version! I like this better for sure!
Still need to try it in dungeon, but i know that your last version only had me at aroun 60% uptime on SotR which is not that good :(.

New version seems good but i miss the Sentinel on CD. I see it in the Macro Variables, but when and how does it cast?

EDIT: Imported it again and now it looks different. Did you just change it xD?

EDIT: It says that Ctrl makes makes me cast WoG, but that just completely stops my attacks, but ALT works???

EDIT again: Overall I like it, but I need more SotR casts, more judgment, less WoG (only with modifier) and maybe a eye of tyr modifer, preferably not Alt.

Yes, mine is around the same also. Im going to make a version below for biscuitchan that is only SoTR with WoG only being on a modifier key, so you will have to manually use it when its free. You can see if that version works any better for you.

Hi, Sentinel fires when it is “it’s turn” in the normal rotation, but its not on some cast sequence so it just fires it when it can. The only way i know to fire it immediately and everytime would be to place it in the key press section but that would fire only that spell. I’ll see if i can get it to fire more if its being slow in the macro update for you.

I changed the macro slightly when 10.0.7 came out but since than it shouldn’t be different up top, but I’m making a version for you below to try.

I might of mixed up my modifier key on some post, i have been changing things to reply to people and might of got mixed up a bit, all of that will be explained below.

In the version below I will have it only fire SoTR and than WoG will be on the ALT modfier for you because you stated that you would like Eye of Tyr to not be on Alt if I understood that correctly.

Here is your Macro with WoG on Alt, Eye of Tyr on Ctrl, and Intercession on Shift. I moved Judgment up on but i feel that Avenger’s Shield and Hammer of Wrath should have higher priority than it so i didnt move it all the way up. Keep in mind, dont hold the Ctrl key, otherwise you wont attack or do anything besides cast Eye of Tyr. And lastly Shield of the Righteous is the only thing that casts with your holy power unless you manually use the WoG with its modifier key.

dWu7haWkkO0Si4wuuYUOOWVOqddsDmHSmf1ZOQMMqX1Ou2gLuFJQW4OOY5OOQ1rv6DqsnqHQdIKfQq9qfPjsj0frk1gPGOpsvuJub1jviRePOxsPAMusUjKKDQs)Kckgkf4OufzPqINQQPIsxLsWwPe1xrkCwkk1APGK3IkUlQ0Eb)vbzWcomulgP6XOyYk1LjTzfXNvGrReNgv9AkYSLYTj0UH43igorDCKswUu9CQmDrxxjTDHsFNsKXtrrNNiRNcQMVk2VKhwbPgxfegIaw4gbVbuwzLzpel11(qJh9tTWi2HMom1fUZal8wHDPfK34u3WpJE2hDmO9ikkcTpA4TmUZJP3uhWcj8OcZ0joGfUral8wg35X0BQdyH3UkHI2uStbw4gbVrgSlDkTwvegTcCejBV)c)KuGHishNcXfjRoLeR2fw0MSWwXBUvGJiz79x4NKcmer64uyrBYcBfV5wHriP2zuNJNGG6kWrKS9s1sH4IKvNsIv7clAtwaHSv8MBf4is2EPAPq8e3hOPWI2KfqiBfV5wboIKTxQwkexUHL0o3kqdsFxbYKk45gPlH6k8l8ABxbYKkKlAfqHFWsQKvhKWBxLmORohWc3i4nM4(anvevuQcCqil4UixoBfV5c3z4n6sCpXzIzmbxF4nYGDzf4is2ENM9MadrKoo5wbAlPvGmPcSsDiHeEkMKNG4aw4gbSWnc(6uh7QKbD15QtDG7m8gzWU0P0Avry0kWrKS9s1sH4IKvNsIv7clAtwaHSv8MBf4is2EPAPq8e3hOPWI2KfqiBfV5wboIKTxQwkexUHL0o3kyoBw7HpQRGnFRrJgU(WxN6yxLqrBk2P1PoWZkjRWtXK8eeiH7mWc3i4nYGDPtP1QIWOvGJiz79x4NKcmer64uiUiz1PKy1UWI2Kf2kEZTcCejBV)c)KuGHishNclAtwyR4n3k4B(i02Ib1vGJiz7LQLcXfjRoLeR2fw0MSaczR4n3kWrKS9s1sH4jUpqtHfTjlGq2kEZTcCejBVuTuiUCdlPDUvWC2S2dFuxbB(wJgn8SsYk8umjpbbs46dSWncyHBe81Po2vjd6QZvN6a3z4nYGDzf4WqePJtUvWpYCMlg46dFDQJDvcfTPyNwN6apRKScpftYtqGeUZalCJGVo1XUkzqxDU6uh4odVrgSlRGFK59TbxF4RtDSRsOOnf706uh4zLKv4PysEccKW1hyHBe81Po2vjd6QZvN6a3z4nYGDzfMJz2dBW1h(6uh7QekAtXoTo1bEwjzfEkMKNGajCJbyHBe81Po2vjd6QZvN6a3z4nYGDzf4OMjVlDCRWm6zpIGRp81Po2vju0MIDADQd8SsYk8umjpbbs4AdyHBe81Po2vjd6QZvN6a3z4nYGDPtP1QIWOvGddrKoo5wHzRT5HVqf8T5BEBcvW3MV5TbxF4RtDSRsOOnf706uh4zLKv4PysEccKWJIkR4eUrWZkjRWBfHid)NQSHCfHj5jiW)kTwvKKh3Ges4hHqFLVLwg35X0BQdyHhfEKbZaD4hwXBGo8tjI0XjmgE2opIjnNb6WFvgtaD4z78iM0mcOd)yTLaD4rHhzqeqhsiHeEAOytuRDSdyHeEuPj2I4edSWpS2KB8iMGFjtzNxJgTeXsnSHljIz6eNzWqenMg3D8acYKg)GL0SKXTMKzLyetg9JXMFe8S4MIKo4hpI2uVHDfvxI1dJntRmA4jRHA8sFZmtBBu0efEAWBYKNOPjtM800XuuJOOOOOOOOgrtAYBAGjlnMqZXtPgqr5jpnf(PnSZnYIWDgEQ1CH0HF8QIyOne94OIqqgSI7B498tBlRDhpbbU(r(OHN2itiDgDkrugNy68n(ucgdpRHzkCJqJgnApG3kSlTG8gN6g(z0ZrO9N9rJogBO9aElQtWRTeUrWpS2KHhvsvyGIODCRcjgXufeXmDsfSeFUuH4IKvNsIv7vGgK(UcKjvWZnsxQceKkGRGizZpHx7vWKkvHKuHfTjxb3QSmPNvqIS2RqQyrZa(lwuH3akRSYShIL6AFOXJ(Pwye7qthM6c)lRmJSiCT2A4PHInrT2XoGfs4rfgzf3gHKApwfj5jiWyiHesaa
2 Likes

I will try this later!
You are an absolute beast doing these for individual people <3 And you are right about AS and HoW should have more prio than judgment, it was just very low uptime on judgment before. Will try it out and report back!

EDIT: Ok i tried it and its ALMOST perfect! You can remove Intercession, as im using vuhdo and dont really need it. Put Eye of Tyr on shift WoG on Ctrl. I’m using ALT to talk (push to talk) on disc. Maybe just put WoG on very low prio and not on a modifier, as i cannot get Ctrl to work, whether i hold it or push it i just stop attacking :confused: Or i need to figure out what is wrong, cuz none of the modifiers work for me.

Also, i think consecration needs higher prio in general as it is a huge dmg reduction, right now there is about 20 seconds downtime.

Firstly you might need to clear your keybindings in the GSE settings in game, that will hinder some modifiers yeah.

So I deleted one of the two blessed hammers in the consecration cast sequence so now it has at least a 98-100% up time. That being said, blessed hammer isnt getting used so fast due to global cooldown in all, thats why there was two there in the first place. Its not such a big deal, i was getting around 80% SoTR uptime with a quick test also. I changed the keybindings to what works best for you, shift for EoT and Ctrl for WoG. Here is the new update.

dWeVgaWkOuPzHc3cju7cjOFHIgguCmjSmQYZe00iL6AkuBJuY3OumokLCoKqwhsP3HeXarQ6GOQfsv1dHktejXfbkTrOu0hPuQrkr5KkKvkr1lrjZePYnPu1ov0pHsfdfk5OiPSub6PknvqDvKO2ksQ(kqXzrI0AHsjVvICxQk7v1FPuzWs6Wqwmk1JrLjtQUmXMbQ(SagnP40i61qvZgWTvWUb53KmCk54ifTCQ8CkMUuxhiBhjPVJuy8qPQZJW6rcmFH2VOhgLsnUOu4xC4pl(IfpD0rP2bZpzzN)rlokpc2oCLXp)07WFPdzAkBPJAr)RhgVqmAJXgpmARfMWV2J4CkZH)S4WFPoYrIydiMd)LLqeuaeKro8NfFzYHmTrOjibItYAPbLoT4Ahad6huGmIIQIJHgbWIbKsxq6(YAPbLoT4Ahad6BKlG0m0iawmGu6cs3xwlnO0Pfx7ayqVfaIqC(Ykyuo9SQapR2gq5iOKSUAifa9SQapRTgjRbjdOPffiZ7VSecSCIXC4pl(YSrUaslqYarwlbP0GCd(kPliDFF69LPPrUg1nId)NHFzYHmDwlnO0PD1qcEZGtnWg1(YkyjKSQapRWeU3V)YZ1KkiZH)S4WFw8nJzKLqGLtmMmMXp9(YKdzAJqtqceNK1sdkDAX1oag0pOazefvfhdncGfdiLUG09L1sdkDAX1oag03ixaPzOraSyaP0fKUVSwAqPtlU2bWGElaeH48LvBnwlBcPKSooulmy(m8BgZilHiOaiiJKXm(fMWs(YZ1KkO3F6D4plo8NfFZygzjey5eJjJz8tVVm5qMoRL4udSrTVSgwylBP9NHFZygzjebfabzKmMXVWewYxEUMub9(tVd)zX3mMrwcbwoXyYyg)07ltoKPZAybffo(ZWVzmJSeIGcGGmsgZ4xycl5lpxtQGE)z4H)S4BgZilHalNymzmJF69LjhY0z1tBpBg)z43mMrwcrqbqqgjJz8lmHL8LNRjvqV)u7d)zX3mMrwcbwoXyYyg)07ltoKPZAjb7jnTXxw9W4ztXNHFZygzjebfabzKmMXVWewYxEUMub9(ZXh(ZIVzmJSecSCIXKXm(P3xMCitBeAcsG4KSwItnWg1(YQNwJTjKrwdhhsrJ)m8BgZilHiOaiiJKXm(fMWs(YZ1KkO3FdkwcQ)S4lmHL8LoLY672If2eeextQG(Ucnbjqnjc497VJGydIeOPoYrIydiMd)fNAGnQV)VWosi8s7D2FdscfW7S)wMG0p7VtHd)z)f2rcHx6IZ(RFbOp7VbjHcuC2VF)(l1roseBaXC43FbJGWZdYHmh(9x7LgrfuJo83Yealasi8F10TLHwMmPHIgaikGyaX5ugkKtnWSzQ7qbuqGdqgqttXwiaackUrq4zgQ94WIVWiabQnF9pcS8l2fK9tLwLHWE6ysbnm2YVgNoNhyhZxEqsWqIhp1khpE8udNFE(r88888888JkVCs8bWtd)QY9JJpapp1OgUVGfcCLJtWPgSqnInjaztC)F5b1AuUV(bjqyBSHJE7vkOaGqo9V2Ebl1fNHub9zyriMV2JGaHagb1IJQcutQGU)VGrq45b5qMd)(lveWrGa6pl(shY0u2sh1I(xpmEfyc9cXGr7XyS57eniFXINo6Ou7G5NSSZ)OfhLhbBhUY4NFltaS(AprwdiqIdbK1gbHpRdioNkR0GS1Kv6huGmIIQIlRGr50ZQc8SABaLJiRkOSIY6GsNeCsXLv8crwBvw1iawz1aYYs56SsOa5YAlObk87AjCJOYNAP1xySdUplWGbdgB(IdazmJOYNEVF)(h
2 Likes

This is starting to look real nice!
SotR good uptime
Consecration good uptime
Judgment and HoW also good uptime.

I cleared my keybinds in GSE, and ctrl is no longer stopping me from attacking, but shift aint working. Like, the EoT icon shows up, but it doesn’t cast anything :frowning:

EDIT: You also mention further up that you run it at 100 ms, aint that a bit risky? I’ve been running it at 250 ms, maybe thats the issue?

@BiscuitChan About the ms, it is just what I run, and have been running for a few years now. You run what you feel like or feel safe with ;).

I dont know why your key binding arent working, being as it works for me. Maybe one of your interface addons are messing it up.

1 Like

I see!

Yeah it’s weird as the EoT icon shows up when I press shift, but simply just stops everything it’s doing and just keeps the icon shown as long as the shift key is pressed down

EDIT: I found the fix! - It was elvui “Pick Up Action Key” that was fucking it up. Now shift works as intended!

@Buenor more of a request really, if possible to add version #s to your macro names so we can be sure we know we are on the most current. like adding a v1, v1.1, etc. If thats a huge deal no worries.

Thats great, im glad you were able to solve the problem.

1 Like

Hi, that is a good suggestion, and i will likely do it from now on for you guys. Currently there has only been two versions. There was an old version and the one that was updated for 10.0.7 as annotated in the macro webpage title. I will start adding a version number in the macro its self if i do update it up top any more though.

im trying to get blessed hammer to cast a bit more but cant get it right