Elemental shaman 5.4

Hi guys, i am using a outdated macro sor my elemental shaman and i am asking if someone have a good 5.4 macro to share so maybe i can raise a little bit my dps :slight_smile:

this is what i am using atm :

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=11 Elemental Blast, Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt
/use !Lava Burst
/use !elemental blast

this 1 works

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence Lightning Bolt
/castsequence Lava Burst!
/castsequence reset=9 Flame Shock,Unleash Elements,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst

i am looking for a macro that have the basic rotation, plus elemental blast plus unleash elements and if we can put ascendance in the process that would be nice :slight_smile: ahh and searing totem too but i dont know how to do it properly

This here is working for me:

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
/castsequence reset=target Flame Shock,Searing Totem,null
/castsequence reset=0,3 0,0,0,0,Lava Burst
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Unleash Elements
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Elemental Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Ascendance
/castsequence reset=target Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Flame Shock
/cast [combat] Ancestral Guidance

Can someone please explain mimo’s macro? I have a basic understanding of this stuff but get confused with all the simultaneous /castsequence commands. Thanks in advance!

mimo’s macro will have you standing with your finger up your backside for 5 seconds if you switch target with it.also you will be refreshing searing totem way to often when switching targets,no offence mimo.

or u can try

/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,2,Lava Burst
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,Elemental Blast
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Stormlash Totem
/castsequence reset=target Flame Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt
/cast ascendance

What I need help understanding is this bit:

/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,2,Lava Burst
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,1,Elemental Blast
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,Stormlash Totem

I read somewhere that any reset time less than 2 sec is rounded up, is that true? Also, what are the numbers, i.e. 0,1,Elemental Blast?

From what I understand, the sequence of spells would be as follows: Flame Shock, Stormlash Totem, Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, etc.

I’d like to know the mechanics in work here but haven’t been able to find any in-depth documentation on the web. If such a thing exists, please point me there. Otherwise, please explain if you don’t mind.

Thanks again in advance.

for a general guide you can look
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/the-castsequence-reset0-3-0-explanation

as far as i know nobody else uses this kind of macros with this form, thus making us the only site providing ONE BUTTON macros. there for the word lazy

some people do not agree with this guide but that is ok.
keep in mind that we have found variations between the European servers and the American ones like the /castsequence reset=0.4 needs to be under the main cast sequence.

as for the numbers 0,1,2, is my way of keeping track of how my spells will be prioritized and keeping it it clear to view.

also in the
/castsequence reset=target Flame Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt

Earth Shock can be placed accordingly depending on the haste a player has so that he may get the full benefit of dps.

my elemental macro,give it a go workd for me…

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
/castsequence reset=combat Flame Shock,Searing Totem,null
/castsequence reset=0,3 0,0,0,0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=target lightning bolt,flame shock,lightning bolt,lightning bolt,lightning bolt,earth shock,lightning bolt
/castsequence reset=combat searing totem,thunderstorm
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] lifeblood
/cast [combat] shamanistic rage
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

max 5 mob aoe macro…

#showtooltip chain lightning
/castsequence reset=combat Flame Shock,Searing Totem,null
/castsequence reset=0,3 0,0,0,0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,lava burst
/castsequence reset=target chain lightning,flame shock,chain lightning,chain lightning,chain lightning,earth shock,chain lightning
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] lifeblood
/cast [combat] shamanistic rage

5+ mobs…

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,chain lightning
/cast [combat] ascendance

Thanks for the quick responses, folks. Matthew, I’m going to try out your macro tonight. But for now, I still have more questions regarding the details of /castsequence that I will take up in another post so as to not bog down this one.

Again, thanks.

I see alot of this in macros on this site and was wondering what they do for the macro?

i mean i know what they do but why are they in the macro in the first place

When you tend to spam a macro you don’t have to listen to your character saying " I can’t do that now" over and over again.

i can see how that would help but you can just check error speach off so i really dont see a point for it to be in the macro but w/e i just took it out of the macro

What kind of DPS is that macro rolling out, Matthew?

I’ve tried this macro (and others like it) and it works to an extent.

Understand, I’ve sat in front of a training dummy for hours testing this stuff and on the web reading documentation trying to figure out exactly how these things work. Here’s what I’ve come up with.

The problem I have is that these /castsequence macros that have simultaneous casts going on are inconsistent and feel very random. They rely on constant turbo-mashing of a key and are inefficient at picking up procs.

For example, on the single-target macro posted above, the first click will attempt to cast Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Searing Totem, Ascendance, Lifeblood, and Shamanistic Rage at the same time. Considering the first three spells I know are on the GCD, it will more than likely only cast the first spell and the buffs.

But I have noticed that when you quickly trigger the macro repeatedly, you get some strange behavior that may give the impression that it’s working as intended. However, if you understand how /castsequence works, the behavior starts looking suspect.

As for your question, you will generate a decent amount of dps using macros like these. I like them because they cast spells that I forget to cast on my own. However, what I am doing now is using smaller, more controlled macros on more than one key. That way I can respond to procs and be more likely to maximize my dps. It’s a bit more work, but well worth it.

Just my $0.02.

Hello guys im looking for the update for this macro I cant cast any lighting bolts off any of the macros any ideas?