Elfyau's 8.2.5 Disc Priest Macro

Test Dummy 1, 2 minute ish fight

1 Like

Thanks I will compare to mine :smiley: cheers for that!

2 Likes

Hello,

I imported this macro into my GSE (2.4.21) and fired up my Disc priest Iā€™m currently leveling. While Iā€™m aware that abilities not yet learned or talented will cause issues I was hoping to get some insight into ones I already have.

Currently, at level 26 and with schism as my only talent I did the following;

1. Focus target Silvermoon ranger NPC
  2. Targeted training dummy (damage)
  3. Spammed macro

The initial keypress fires off SW:P > Smite > Schism > PW:S.
From here on it will alternate between Smite and PW:S when the cooldown timer allows. It doesnā€™t seem to reapply SW:P or fire off Penance and will only start the cycle over if I switch targets. If this is fully intended then the macro works just fine, but it does seem like I might be missing something at the moment. By removing Solace I am able to get Penance to fire off, but Iā€™d say itā€™s happening at a rate of about 1/3rd what it typically should going by CD rotation.

Iā€™m sure the problem lies with me and my limited knowledge of how this all works just yet but I would welcome some insight if youā€™re able to share any. Even if itā€™s nothing more than telling me to gitgud :slight_smile:

The problem probably is the level and the abilities in the rest of the macro as alot of it is based on timing. I like have another look at the macro when I get into wow later.

Donā€™t spend too much time delving into it if youā€™re leaning towards the level as the general cause. I was able to get to the mid-30s today with it using a few slight adjustments. Worst case scenario it has combined my DPS buttons down and Iā€™ll call that a win for now.

Leveling macros are always a little difficult as things change every few levels.

I had a look there would be some spells you would need to delete to have the macro work more efficiently for you. Do you know how to edit a macro? Would you like to know what to remove? (also need to know what level you are so I can double check witch spells you donā€™t have :slight_smile: )

Iā€™ve become a bit more familiar with the setup as of late so I feel comfortable editing a few things here and there. I did adjust the setup for my current level and I think I should be okay as new abilities and talents unfold.

Iā€™ll be honest in that Iā€™ve never done mythic dungeons. I cleared the launch BfA content when the expansion launched and then left to do other things up until just recently so itā€™s been a bit of an adjustment getting into the swing of things. I will look into adding a Target of Focus to the dps portion of the macro though. During most of these dungeon runs in the 20s and 30s I was foolish enough to SW:P a semi-distant target that we had not yet pulled simply because of my button mashing.

I appreciate the replies all the same. Iā€™ll continue to provide feedback if something comes up, but for now when I account for levels and talents your macro is working just fine.

1 Like

np will be here if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

Hi mate! Love your macros and iā€™ve been using them on most of my toons for about a week and not had any problemsā€¦until I used this one. Iā€™m wondering if maybe iā€™m doing something wrong but I find that in the proving grounds when iā€™m testing it out the initial PW:S etc all go off fine and I damage okay but after the first pack the modifiers no longer work, so I canā€™t refresh PW:S or shadowmend etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated my man.

So you have made sure that SHIFT and ALT are not bound to anything? (Sorry for starting with the basics) As for PW:S it should refresh by itself

1 Like

Was just about to message you back there. With a bit more testing I seen that PW:S did refresh itself (donā€™t know how I missed that) but for some reason Shadow Mend will only actually cast if I hover over the model, not the unit frames.

Also that was a fast reply dude thanks so much

1 Like

Thatā€™s a little weird it should work over the player and unit framesā€¦what UI do you use?

1 Like

Been testing it out and whenever I hover over unit frames nothing casts at all. Iā€™m using ElvUI and specifically the GennUI profile but the same thing happens with all my addons (except GSE) turned off.

Are you binding the macro to a mouse button or to keyboard?

1 Like

Mouse button. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the problem?

Yeah bind the macro to a key on your keyboard then bind the mouse button to that keyā€¦ let me know if that works.

1 Like

That was it man. Working perfectly now. I feel like an idiot :stuck_out_tongue: Will definitely be tuning in on twitch. Thanks again for the amazing macros.

1 Like

No problem!! Glad it works now :slight_smile: hate it when my macros donā€™t work properly or at all lol lost without them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same man. Too many repetitive motions otherwise. Life saver.

2 Likes