Fated Discipline

All three macros are now fully updated for BfA. If you haven’t grabbed them in a while, get yourself some fresh copies right now. I don’t recall how many tweaks I put into the DPS or heals macro, but the AoE one has a pretty important tweak. But, just be save and grab them all.

Secondly, though I haven’t made any changes to what talents are required, I have very strong recommendations of talents that really let me shine. They are:

Schism, Power Word: Solace, Sins of the Many, Divine Star, and Lenience.

Here’s why. T1’s choice between Schism and Twist of Fate comes down to how well your party can avoid stuff. If they are pretty good, take Schism and gain a ton of extra DPS/healing for 9 seconds every 24 seconds, or until the enemy dies. In short fights, this might not be so noticeable, but in anything that lets you get off two or three casts of Schism will net you the sheer most DPS/HPS you can get. Twist, though, should not be overlooked for very hard content.

T3’s PW: Solace is just superior. The macro will use it on cooldown, and because of that, it will return as much mana as the other two talents. If you take Schism and Solace during that window, it returns more.

T5’s Sins of the Many, I’ll get into this with T7.

T6 is Divine Star in this build, and even if you aren’t very good at lining it up it will keep your melee pretty happy as long as they are cozy to the enemy target. Since Penance will automatically adjust your aim, your chances are good of landing Star as well. Since it’s one of the two mandatory talents, and it hits hard, it’s a great choice.

T7 is Lenience. Now, both this and Sins of the Many look like they might handicap you more than they will help. SotM gives you 12% more damage for 0-1 friendly having Atonement, going down 2% for each additional ally until 0. Lenience gives everyone with Atonement 3% more mitigation. What allows these two to really shine is that they naturally play off each other. If your party doesn’t require a lot of healing, your DPS will be strong and your tank will always enjoy 3% flat damage reduction, which is super important right now. But, if you have to heal your party, you also give them that 3% damage reduction which makes up for the 2% DPS you lose. This makes your PW: Radiance a super heavy AoE heal when you resume your DPS, as that party-wide mitigation counts toward your heals and protects them while you refill their health.

With this setup, and dungeon drop gear, I have been able to heal through even disastrous situations with relative ease, and when the party was tight on the mechanics I’d easily gain on the DPS. I highly recommend using this setup.

Been having great success with the older versions but felt it could be tweaked. Will test this now and post back some number. Big fan of your work Enix.

What’s this like running in pvp if anyone’s has tried it?

Pretty good. PvP is more dynamic than PvE, but I’ve used it successfully and have heard others do the same.

If you’re going solo, just target enemies and spam DPS. If they target you, you should shield yourself within 12-15 seconds (depending on if you took Shadow Covenant or Divine Star). Use the second macro to spot shield yourself if your damage intake is higher than once shield can handle. As you tab-target enemies you should dot them automatically. If you take both Shadow Cov and Star, you will double up on shields, so that could be a good tactic if you want to get that protection without having to worry any more about the macro. Just DPS, get shields, heal yourself.

If you go as a team, focus your main priority support and repeat as above. Add in the third macro for some Radiance when needed.

So tested this in heroics (LFM) tonight:

ms @ 0.08
iLevel 306, Talents 3,3,3,3,1,2,1.
Crit @ 15%, Haste @ 9%, Mastery @ 14%, Vers @ 5% (piss poor stats)
HPS topped out @ 16k HPS (terrible group taking all the damage)
Typical HPS range @ 6k-10k
typical DPS range @ 3k (ST) - 8k (AoE)

No trouble at all healing my groups, even on bosses I encountered for the first time.
I know it’s not very accurate, but hopefully it will give others an indication of what to expect.

I conclude that this is the best performing macro at the moment for me. No deaths in 5 BG’s, was able to stay alive long enough for team mates to rescue me! Well done Enix.

PSA!
WARNING!
ADVISORY!
PAY ATTENTION!

If you are using ANY LEGION LEGENDARY ITEM YOU WILL BREAK THIS AND ALL OTHER MACROS!

When researching mine and several other user’s issues with both my SPriest and Disc macros, as well as a few others I noticed having issues with other macros, I have found a common thread that I was able to test and definitively find as the cause.

If you are using any of your old legendaries for their item level, they WILL screw over your GCD by attempting active abilities that no longer exist. This is even worse with passive abilities that will attempt to trigger under their normal circumstances, but will flash the error “You are higher than the max usable level for this spell”, which will also interrupt anything that would have triggered that legendary’s ability.

So, don’t do what I did and keep those legendaries equipped. Put them in the bank or get rid of them completely, they will do more harm than good.

Hey Enix,
thanks for the warning. Does this only apply if you are lvl 116 or higher? ie not if the legendary ability still functions?

Ignore this, error seems to have disappeared next time I logged in :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello What talents are used here?
Ex_DiscDPS_BfA

Please list in numbers.

[quote quote=64785]Hello What talents are used here? Ex_DiscDPS_BfA
Please list in numbers.[/quote]

WoW DuDe!! that’s disrespectful … like Enix have made one of the best macro descriptions i have ever seen in this site and what you typed just means you haven’t taken the time to read or appreciate his effort.

Tryed the first macro there… im not sure why but when im using it it just casts shadow word pain? what am i doing wrong?

Some quality of life updates for the DPS and AoE macros. Namely holding off on Divine Star until combat and a fix for Power Word: Barrier, respectively.

Uh, no idea. Grabbing one of the mandatory talents? Selecting a friendly unit or the enemy itself? Tapping/spamming the key?

Was wondering (from testing on target dummies) Is there a way to modify the code so that the enemy doesn’t have to be targeting my target in order for me to shield and heal them?

I know it seems others get heals as well at times in dungeons but testing on the target dummy when no one was being targeted (because that dummy doesn’t target) my warrior purposely dropped his hp to 10% and I tried targeting him while he attacked the dummy and the macro never cast pw: Shield on him. Thus no atonement for him to get heals.

Thanks for all your great macros by the way. This one is just way more advanced then i have seen before lol

[quote quote=65139]Was wondering (from testing on target dummies) Is there a way to modify the code so that the enemy doesn’t have to be targeting my target in order for me to shield and heal them?
I know it seems others get heals as well at times in dungeons but testing on the target dummy when no one was being targeted (because that dummy doesn’t target) my warrior purposely dropped his hp to 10% and I tried targeting him while he attacked the dummy and the macro never cast pw: Shield on him. Thus no atonement for him to get heals.
Thanks for all your great macros by the way. This one is just way more advanced then i have seen before lol[/quote]

It’s not a “smart” macro in that it can detect HP or anything. A macro can never do that. It’s “smart” in that the macro will apply a new shield and atonement every 12 to 15 seconds depending on if you took Shadow Covenant or Divine Star. If you didn’t take at least one of those talents, you’ll never put a shield out using the DPS macro.

You could code the macro to not care about targets. You’d simply take out everything that’s not mouseover or player. But then you’d lose the core functionality of the macros as I designed them.

If you did take one of those two mandatory talents and are still not getting shields out in time, you can adjust the castsequence further down in the DPS macro to shorten the number of casts that will be attempted before the PW:Shield/mandatory talent combo takes precedence again.

Finally, if you are using a gaming keyboard/mouse or AHK, you can set the macro to Priorty. It will slow down the other casts you could potentially do, but you will always cast PW:Shield when the mandatory talent’s CD is done.

Is it my imagination or did you take Holy Nova out of the AOE macro?

Oh, yeah, it’s gone. Not intentional, but I couldn’t get it to pair right with Radiance. You can add it to the AoE macro.

So, I was reading through a few forums when I came across an interesting little tidbit. It appears that we might have gotten an undocumented buff to Purge the Wicked that now makes it pull ahead in DPS/HPS for that tier of talents. So I ran some sims. And then I ran a few more. And sure enough, this appears to be the case even in single-enemy situations.

So you know what that means? A NEW TEST MACRO!

Below you will find a new and extremely experimental DPS macro. This macro will let you choose ANY talents you want. That’s right, no more mandatory talents. For example, you can now choose the premier Mythic+ Disc builds of 3333111 or 2333111.

However, it comes at a cost.

The mandatory talents were mandatory because they are the only heal/neutral spells we have that have a cooldown in Atonement’s effect length. This made it really easy to apply a fresh PW:Shield on your target or focus within a few seconds of it expiring, which allowed you to effectively forget about your tank and focus on DPS while being ready to spot-shield your party as needed.

Taking Purge the Wicked, however, robs us of Divine Star, and Shadow Covenant is not a great talent for pushing hard content due to the anti-healing shell it puts on everyone. So I had to redesign the macro and place the PW:Shield into the PreMacro and make use of the InnerLoopLimit. It’s not a huge edit, and other’s have tried something similar, but I think I have the best macro logic to make this work. The InnerLoopLimit is currently set at a rate that should allow you to shield your tank (or yourself if solo) automatically within reasonable timeframes provided you’re leaning on the DPS macro for the majority of the time. If you find that it’s not enough, lower the number until you find one that works better for you. The faster you spam the macro, the higher the number is going to be. I spam at 30ms, for reference. Be careful, though; an InnerLoopLimit too low will mean too many shields, which means too little DPS, which means too little HPS, and it also means burning through your mana. You should be able to run a moderate to hard dungeon without drinking anything, and a Mythic+ without drinking anything so long as you didn’t have too many OH SHHHHH moments.

This introduces a known error, however: PW:Shield can get stuck spamming, or the opposite, PW:Shield can get stuck not casting. Both are an easy fix; if it’s spamming just let go of the key for a second and start again, and if it’s not casting at all just use the shield macro to pop a shield on your target. I will see what I can do to fix that later.

Please give this macro a try and let me know how it works for you.

dy0CkaakffPtPOaZc4wqsQDjs6xKudtPWXGuwgK4zqvMMsPRjvSnfv9nrkJJuQohPuwhuv3trHAGkvheQOfcPIhcvyIIuDrfLAJsLmssKtskzLkQ0lvuIzQu0nvuXojjdLe1sHK6PqzQKIRQOK2QII6RkkIXQOqERu1DvK9kP)cPQbRQdJAXsL6XumzfUmvBwe(SOgTuoTsEnKknBjUnL2nYVjgojCCijwoONdX0fUoPA7qL(UiX4HKKZlIwVIcA)QCfTQMQk0QyZEgH(01cdhPRmg6NvvAnZOhD6cNvvOu1uXuYlkklcDRyTiuGGVA1PiPu4zyslBGcsQgXQoHa1TiQdrXYOobh(avpwiMLIYIC1vmnCXPaPIHtkzftjVOOInBuf6tFHysxzm0pR0cxhIWf0JojW5nxnmm7X9c8(UeJoY9rZVpycDVFMkW7tPjoUo8(uwLY9D73hm6UO89CodLzW9mnUhQt3hTfY9w2aLuVxR4(uwLY9SEiwowgUusEVYsko8(zIah4FpwB5LX9mnUNvOOK8ECgc5wNI7f6(O53NaUCAusEFWWSh3NsBv87txzSfLVpA(cEVtUn59bdZEK69ynrVmUpA(9o52K3hmm7X989KNY9jGlNgLKG7JMFVLnq5(uwLY9SEiwowgUusEpsB5LX9mnUNdH87JMBt9(zJRtHoxkjtn1uV5QKug3JZn1CFi3ByK4(0DefoKd)ELHCshEptJ7ryC97tk6qeVKi1BUkjLX9ykPvxAUpK7ztSWLd)EuZkcDOFptJ7vMx09y6kuaDeKLq3hY9imU(9jfD49wrhXfCDi4(GHzpa3lW7tigDK7x09rJJ7f4WHPEZvjPmUhhAq9M3NYQuUxzD4krY7tk6W7TIoIl46qW9bdZEaUpPOdr8scW9c8(eIrhj1kw6EcwVevvOvXWPE0eyfB2OQIUzX7k7qNKYWRyZHnqzMDiYsiKQMQk0QAQQqRIP2WiX997bdZEemm7bOXqlGetJjYllkdiXkJP(9GHzpangAbKmCEaiX0yI8YIYasSYyQFpHy0rcgM9a0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLX094TDlE4vvHsftTHrI773dgM9iyy2dqJHwajMgtKxwugqIvgt97bdZEaAm0ciz48aqIPXe5LfLbKyLXu)EcXOJemm7bOXqlGetJjYllkdiXkJP7rbTTZJcAvv4vXuByK4((9GHzpcgM9a0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLXu)EWWShGgdTasgopaKyAmrEzrzajwzm1VNqm6ibdZEaAm0ciX0yI8YIYasSYy6E0qrBO0zJQQTvm1ggjqCur3jJFF)EWWShbdZEaAm0ciX0yI8YIYasSYyQFpyy2dqJHwajdNhasmnMiVSOmGeRmM63tigDKGHzpangAbKyAmrEzrzajwzmDFhTRnW9BtRZ2na3VnToB3aCFhTRnW9BtRZ2na3VnToB3OQQtftTHrcehv0DY433Vhmm7rWWShGgdTasmnMiVSOmGeRmagX2nht97bdZEaAm0ciz48aqIPXe5LfLbKyLbWi2U5yQFpHy0rcgM9a0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLbWi2U5y6(TP1z7gG7tFH7I87XcgwvnFftTHrI773dgM9iyy2dqJHwajMgtKxwugqIvgt97bdZEaAm0ciz48aqIPXe5LfLbKyLXu)EcXOJemm7bOXqlGetJjYllkdiXkJP77O9ovSnfrXMl7kQyDQyZINe1EXzeVQPQcTkMAdJe33VBfDexW1HGMxuaiz48ayLb(4qdQ3CQV5ffasgopawzGpo0G6nN63vu4Koeqsgk6kawzGpo0G6nNUVdkPvvHsftTHrI773tigDeajngAbKyAmrEzrzGvg4JdnOEZP77GsAvv4vXuByK4(EJy7MdajMgtKxwuE6(oAF(AuXWcxrx6KjwcvXWCur3PyXLk2S4jvg6iivnvvOvXuByKaXrfDNm(997bdZEemm7bOXqlGetJjYllkp1Vhmm7bOXqlGKHZdajMgtKxwuEQFpHy0rcgM9a0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLX09qhXJzCWWSh3FFhTRnW9KEPuvHsftTHrI77TYaFUeasmnMiVSO809OPnuWB(Qk8QyQnmsCFVvg4JPKwDPz6(TP1bV5RQ2wXuByK4((DROJ4cUoe08IcajdNhaRmWhtjT6sZuFZlkaKmCEaSYaFmL0Qlnt97kkCshcijdfDfaRmWhtjT6sZ094HhkBmFvvNkMAdJe33VNqm6iasAm0ciX0yI8YIYaRmWhtjT6sZ094HhkBmFnQykd95WgOu1uvHwftTHrI773vu4Koeqsgk6kaKyAmrEzrzajwzamITBoM63dgM9iyy2JGHzpaK0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLbWi2U5yQFpyy2JGHzpaK0yOfqIPXe5LfLbKyLbWi2U5y6E0sRQcLkMAdJe33VNqm6ibdZEemm7bGKgdTasmnMiVSOmGeRmagX2nht3JwA1OIPSGeZHnqPQPg1OgvmmfUrR0RQqPZ8vS5WKox0IchIRtXsOk6uJAuRUsage Information
Ex_DiscDPS_Universal_BfA
Target or Focus the tank (or whoever will be taking aggro) and run this macro. It will automatically Power Word: Shield and apply Atonement on the friendly target while DPSing their enemy target. Should the enemy target a new friendly, the macro will automatically shield and atone them. Eventually…
Hold ALT to cast Desperate Prayer and save yourself.
Hold SHIFT to activate Rapture and Pain Suppression to save your mouseover, target, or focus in that order.
Hold CTRL will Purify your mouseover, target, yourself, or focus.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Power Word: Shield

KeyPress: Rapture, Pain Suppression, Shadow Word: Pain, Desperate Prayer

Main Sequence: Schism, Power Word: Solace, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadowfiend, Penance, Smite

KeyRelease: Purify, Fade

IF I was to take Purge the Wicked, when do you suggest it be used? I don’t see it in the test macro.

It replaces Shadow Word: Pain, so the macro still handles it automatically. It also has the benefit of spreading to multiple targets whenever Penance is used offensively.

What I get for not reading tooltips. Thanks!