Fated Discipline

Enix,

I wouldn’t advise Halo on CD at all. It’s a heal/harm spell, so you’d damage mobs you don’t intend to and draw aggro. The radius is huge.

Yep, that’s the idea, in Darkshore I get my quests done fast, they all come to me and I mow them down.

Having said that, in BfA, I may not be able to do that as mobs will be harder and we are being nerfed
SW:Pain - down by 9%
Shadowfiend- down 16%
Mindbender - down by 8%
Smite - down by 6%

But Divine Star is being buffed to 50% of spell power for healing (was 40%), don’t know if dmg is being increased.

So, in BfA, and Dungeons in particular, I will be putting Halo on a modifier (if I take it), don’t want to draw mobs that we are ignoring. Although Divine Star is less problematic in that regard, the problem is positioning (as you say). I don’t always find myself facing the right direction, even if your a bit off to the side, you will miss the boss dmg and any allies to heal.
So, I dont know, right now Disc is fun, but it was the same way just before Legion hit and than we learned that Disc was not worth playing, lot easier to be a priest and just straight up HEAL.

[quote quote=63262]

Enix, I have been running with Halo in the DPS macro but I now see that Divine Star is in many places in the current version, where would a optimal placement be to replace Divine Star (Halo has longer CD) I suppose I could just replace Divine Star with Halo wherever I see Divine Star but is there one spot where its best and leave Divine Star in the other places (it will be a null)

I wouldn’t advise Halo on CD at all. It’s a heal/harm spell, so you’d damage mobs you don’t intend to and draw aggro. The radius is huge.
I just did a Warden Tower WQ with your new macro. The dps macro barely used smite, if at all on a mob, and there was only minor improvement doing normal WQ’s. I don’t know if I have my delay set too high or too low. I’m not entirely sure how to calculate an optimum delay for my latency.
Depending on your talent choices, you might be doing a lot more things than Smite, all of which are more damaging or beneficial. Smite is a filler, meant to cast when you have nothing else to cast in the moment. SW:Pain, Schism, PW:Solace, Penance, Shadowfiend, Divine Star… These will all fire before Smite, and most with relatively low cooldowns. Personally, I can kill two or three world mobs long before Smite’s the only thing left to cast. But if you’re just standing there doing nothing instead of Smiting, then there is a problem. Is that what is happening?[/quote]

Yeah, I’m standing there doing nothing and dps is stupid low, 600s low(sometimes less). As far as talents, I use the ones you use.

Yeah, that is really low. You could be experiencing the Shadowfiend bug, which is a WoW bug, in which case the game isn’t aware it’s on cooldown and keeps attempting it. You can test this by deleting the line in Premacro, deleting the number in InnerLoopLimit and casting it manually. Give that a shot.

[quote quote=63325]

Yeah, I’m standing there doing nothing and dps is stupid low, 600s low(sometimes less). As far as talents, I use the ones you use.

Yeah, that is really low. You could be experiencing the Shadowfiend bug, which is a WoW bug, in which case the game isn’t aware it’s on cooldown and keeps attempting it. You can test this by deleting the line in Premacro, deleting the number in InnerLoopLimit and casting it manually. Give that a shot.[/quote]

I did that and ran a dungeon. The macro still performs the same. I’m sure it’s on my end. I’m the poster child for Murphy’s Law lol.

I just checked out the macro, the smite line specifically. I found it had been changed to Mind FLay somehow.

[quote quote=63326]I did that and ran a dungeon. The macro still performs the same. I’m sure it’s on my end. I’m the poster child for Murphy’s Law lol.
I just checked out the macro, the smite line specifically. I found it had been changed to Mind FLay somehow.[/quote]

Mind Flay? Crazy.

Maybe my talents are wrong? They’re 3,1,3,3,3,2,1.

Edit: Just so you know. I had issues with John Q.'s disc macro too. I just can’t figure out what my issue is. I’ve tried both manually mashing the button and using mouse software. It may be something I have to get advice with on the Discord app.

I’m not sure what it could be. If you have mouse software to spam a key, try doing it around 80 to 30 ms and see if that does anything. I’ll also look over the macro to see if I can see it, too.

Small, inconSEQUENTIAL update to help alleviate the “keypress, nothing casts” issue when it’s not Shadowfiend.

Also, I put Shadowfiend back into the main sequence, let me know if you’re having any issues with that. It’s supposed to be fixed now, but I’m not entirely sure.

Just something I’ve observed: if you import a macro, say Discipline like this one, while in a spec other than Discipline, it will change the macro imported to reflect your current talents/skills/spells/etc. For example, I imported a macro for Ret Paladin while in Prot Paladin spec and it replaced the Crusader Strike of the import with a Prot Paladin ability. I’m not sure if everyone knows this or if it’s a bug or something else. But always be in the proper spec of the macro you’re importing.

[quote quote=63352]Small, inconSEQUENTIAL update to help alleviate the “keypress, nothing casts” issue when it’s not Shadowfiend.
Also, I put Shadowfiend back into the main sequence, let me know if you’re having any issues with that. It’s supposed to be fixed now, but I’m not entirely sure.[/quote]

Apologies for not replying sooner. Whatever you did seem to resolve my issue(or some other random factor happened). Everything is working well. Now just need to get better gear to improve my numbers further.

Glad to hear it!

Small, inconSEQUENTIAL update to help alleviate the “keypress, nothing casts” issue when it’s not Shadowfiend.

Also, I put Shadowfiend back into the main sequence, let me know if you’re having any issues with that. It’s supposed to be fixed now, but I’m not entirely sure.

Enix, can you copy the snippet of code you changed (where its at) and paste it here? I don’t want to re-import the whole macro, I made changes to the mod keys and don’t want to go through it again.

Its a shame that we cant see the code flow (till its imported) as we used to with the last version of GSE.

[quote quote=63487]

Enix, can you copy the snippet of code you changed (where its at) and paste it here? I don’t want to re-import the whole macro, I made changes to the mod keys and don’t want to go through it again. Its a shame that we cant see the code flow (till its imported) as we used to with the last version of GSE.[/quote]

Change it from Priority to Sequential.

Enix, so I tried the new/latest version (sequential) of the DPS macro last night and it appears that there is Penance clipping, not always but enough for me to notice during leveling last nigh and I tried it on a test dummy this morning and, yes, there is clipping.

Perhaps we need [nochanneling] or [nochanneling:Penance] conditionals. It looks like it might be around casting PW:S on self.

Also, there seems to be a longer “wait” or down time before using Penance (using Smite instead), something that I did not notice with the Priority version.

In the mean time, I will be going back to the “Priority” version, it has been working flawlessly for me, solo leveled to 114 atm.

UPDATE==
Well, seems that the Priority version also clips Penance but its not as bad, seems to be around PW:S casting.

One thing that occurred to me this morning, you have Divine Star in the DPS rotation, which I did not take but I have found myself using Shining Force from time to time, so I will be replacing that spell with Shining Force (no sense to waste a good cast line.

There is nochanneling in call cases except PW:Shield. PW:Shield will always take precedence and interrupt any other casting in order to fire. I figure that was optimal since as Disc your shield is your most important spell. You want it to apply another shield before Atonement is up on your enemy’s target, and so if you happen to be in the middle of Penance when that happens it gets clipped. One tick of Penance is worth less than the absorb on the shield, so that’s one tradeoff I thought was in a healer’s best interest to take.

You can modify that for yourself though. You will see that PW:Shield is the only spell without nochanneling in its (very lengthy) conditionals. Just add it in if you like.

As for Divine Star and replacing it, that’s your call as well, and in leveling I don’t see a real reason not to use Shining Force on cooldown, but I wouldn’t recommend it in dungeons. The sequences are written in such as way that if you didn’t take Divine Star or Shadow Covenant the line is ignored after the first bubble (free bubble), and it won’t affect the macro at all. But, since PW:Shield needs some sort of artificial cooldown in order to apply automatically but not spam it, I tied it with either of those talents. Both are within the length of time of Atonement. Shining Force is not, by a large margin (45 seconds vs Atonements 12), so you will have 33 seconds–give or take–of non-Atonement for your enemy’s target, forcing you to bubble manually. Manual bubbles mean more attention paid to the mechanic and less on racking up the DPS/HPS.
EDIT: Just realized you didn’t say you didn’t take Shadow Covenant, so my long-winded explanation is moot. Ignore my rambling. Though, still, auto Shining Forces in dungeons is likely annoying for the tank.

The change from Priority to Sequential is a minor fix to a medium problem, in my opinion. The reason why there is lag between the last time anything else was cast and the first cast of Smite is that the macro needs to go through all the options available to it first. In Priority it will always start from the top and check off Divine Star, Shadow Covenant, Penance, etc, before Smite, and if you are manually tapping or spamming slower than 30ms you’ll notice that it takes a lot of time to make those checks. Too much time. In Sequential, however, it’s still making those checks but it’ll try to finish the castsequences first–which are skipped when they can’t, which is faster–and then the single lines, more or less where you left off. This means faster Smites, but also less predictability of what spells will fire when they are all available again, like after a fight or in between fights with a short rest. It becomes a slight tradeoff in DPS when considering Schism and short fights, but after 24 seconds Sequential pulls ahead anyway. I think the payoff is good enough for that, though.

I’m back leveling using the Priority version and there is no doubt in my mind that its the superior version (don’t know what that ONE dude’s problem was, Fiend not going off) but the Priority version is the BEST one (too bad its not listed).

Yes, I’m leveling so, no, I don’t have to worry about a tank, I’m it, Shining Force is great.

I’m firing using 50ms and as I said, all is good, if there is a clip of Penance, its so minor compared to the Sequential version that its not even a problem, (I have been watching Penance it closely).

My hat off to you for these great macros, cheers :slight_smile:

p.s. my fingers thank you also

Thanks a ton for this Macro. This is (to me) a really difficult class spec to play normally.
I wanted to swing by with some data and ask if that’s how it should (ish) be performing.
I’m level 113 at the moment, with an ilvl of 234, and I’m currently doing 1.4-1.5k dps on most one-on-one enemies. on AoE fights, I usually sit around 1.8-2.0k dps.

Are these numbers in range of what this macro is supposed to output, or is there something off?

If i remember correctly (sorry I’m a priest noob) there is a addon where you can left click the party bar or shift left click etc to do different things like buff heal clean etc. Would be interesting if combined with this? So just sqeeze 1 macro and glance at the party bar? Sorry if I’m off topic

It does not shoot with smite anymore… its only throwing healing!

i love the old code!

EDIT
Should reload / restart game. and it worked fine again… sorry with post before

sry