Frost DK 5.3

#showtooltip Frost Presence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=5/target Plague Strike,Horn of Winter,Plague Leech
/startattack

This is my first macro I have made and it a pretty simple attack macro. You do not want to put CDs in this macro because you want to always have them when you want to use them. A CD macro could go something like this.

#showtooltip Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Raise Dead
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Blood Fury
/use 13
/use 14

This would be a full CD macro while you can make one that has your low CDs on it so you can use that one more often. Any questions please feel free to ask and I will get back to you.

NOTE: All macros I make are ran at 150 ms which is not really fast.

/startattack

How is about Soul Reaper? we will cast it by other key? did you use BT or RE?

[quote quote=9038]```
/startattack

How is about Soul Reaper? we will cast it by other key? did you use BT or RE?
[/quote]

You have to use soul reaper when health is at/below 35% or it's a waste of a blood rune because it doesn't hit for anything. I used Runic Empowerment. With a 1 minute DPS test on a dummy the DPS was much higher without soul reaper due to target not dieing but while in on a boss this would be the same till the end. No one really cares about DPS on trash. 

NOTE: This is for two hander spec. DW spec would be different.

I’m sorry but really get stuck when OB or FS off, dps go down very fast because of those skills cant off. How fast i need to do on one button and if i change 0.3 to 0.5, what re the differences? Thank you so much, just want to design better macro for us

Hello Hai, you can always trial and error for example swap the first Obliterate with Howling blast that is under and see if there is any change or add another priority line with the spell you would like to cast more often.

If you cannot push the button at 150ms then you need to play around with the macro to fit how slow you are at hitting the button. Try messing around with the 0.3 to a different number till you get the right now for the speed that you hit the button at.

Ya its pretty nice but how can my dps just around 90k as my gear 515, is it something wrong? Is it those macro for spaming dps or making relax? Sorry about nope question!!!

Not sure what your problem is unless its how you have your gear setup. I pull around 85k/90k ish with 498 gear on a level 90 target dummy but its much higher when I can AOE. Also note that this is for 2H frost and not DW frost. If you are DW please let me know.

Hey guys and gals, got some ideas about using HoW differently from this thread. I have been testing different macro set up on my 2h Frost DK and found a marginal increase (approx 2k) with Plague Leech compared to Unholy Blight. So did some tweaking around and came up with following for the 2 setups.

If you have Unholy Blight talented, I found that it makes no difference if you have UB in your macro when you are doing a boss fight. UB really shines when you are doing AOE trash or multiple adds in a boss fight. So to make full use of it I personally prefer to leave it out of the macro and have it available when several adds show up.

Outbreak makes no difference if it is there or not in the priority list and it is better to have it available when/if disease drop and you can apply it immediately.

I also removed Howling Blast from the priority because its a waste of rune and DPS loss to use it without Rime. My testing concluded that it is better to wait for 2 runes for OB.

I removed Horn of Winter from the priority list and added it to the castsequence which is used to refresh the diseases. The reason for this is I found that the macro was refreshing diseases way too early which is a DPS loss. By adding HoW at the beginning of the castsequence, I was able to force a refresh at 20+second (After HoW cool down)

You all have basic understanding of how the priority goes so no need to explain that. The changes from original macro posted in the DK sticky:

1. Removed UB. Explanation above
  2. Removed Outbreak. Explanation above
  3. Removed HB. Explanation above
  4. Added HoW in the castsequence which is used to refresh diseases.

Standard macro (100%-35%):

/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=5/target Horn of Winter,Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Execute phase (<35%):

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=5/target Horn of Winter,Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

As far as execution goes you spam this macro till you get Rime at that point hit HB. Use UB and Outbreak at your discretion to apply disease immediately to an add pack or if diseases drop from boss. This never happened on my testing.

Use Empower Rune Weapon during initial stages of the fight when all runes are on cool down. This way it is available again towards the end of the fight and you can line it up with Heroism AND when all runes are on cool down to be most effective

Moving on to Plague Leech talent.

Plague leech gets tricky. since we have to maintain close to 100% disease uptime, PL is only useful if we can line it up with Outbreak. Otherwise you gain 2 runes with PL and you end up using those 2 runes to reapply diseases. I haven’t been able to find a viable way to macro it with Outbreak since PL is 25 sec CD and Outbreak is 60 Sec.

One idea I have is to have it in the cast sequence that refreshes the diseases. But on testing I concluded that due to 10 seconds of CD difference between 2x PL and 1x Outbreak, eventually as the fight goes on, the disease ended up falling off and then the whole thing breaks. To get back on track you have to manually apply BP using PS. Again this can work but you have to be on top of your game and that defeats the purpose of these macros :wink:

On further tweaking, following is my idea of the PL macro. It is for the execute phase so remove the Soul Reaper line and additional 0s from the lines above for 100-35%. Again HB is out to be only used with Rime. If anyone has figured out another way to smoothly integrate PL in the macro with a smaller footprint while maintaining close to 100% disease uptime, please post as I am definitely interested. I will be testing this later on today but for now if anyone wants to give it a go.

I set it up as HoW,HB,PS,HoW,HB,PS,HoW,PL,Outbreak. 3xHoW ensures that outbreak CD lines up with Outbreak.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=5/target Horn of Winter,Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Horn of Winter,Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Horn of Winter,Plague Leech,Outbreak
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Cheers

Gen, what you have made and are talking about is much better geared at optimal dps, and closely follows what one should do according to most recommendations when playing “normally”. but you have taken 1 key button spams and turned them into 6 timed attacks, yes it works better but not really a lazy macro anymore

Agreed. What I am trying to do with my macro is to get that optimum rotation in while taking out unnecessary GCD. With the macro updated with Death’s Advance, I think I am very close and I am only using 2 buttons at a time (Normal/Execute Macro+HB). ERW gets used only twice in a 10 minute fight. Then again its all a personal choice.

Here is the link to other thread for any one who wants to take a look.
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/2h-frost-5-4

Frost Dk 5.4 (could use some outside testing0
I took the idea from Multi mayhem, using horn of winter to sort of pace the use of UH runes as to not waste to many non Uh runes on obliterate, pretty sure it has a 100% upkeep of blood plague and dosent sit on UH runes too long. I Know howling blast is listed twice, its a personal preference.

NOTEs:
1)Do not use the new loud horn glyph.
2)talents taken of importance, Runic empowerment and unholy blight.
3) outbreak and unholy blight on seperate keys, used for transition phases/aoe
here is my normal macro

#showtooltip
/use frost presence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,howling blast
/castsequence reset=5/target Plague Strike,obliterate,horn of winter,obliterate
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]blood fury
/use [combat]pillar of frost

Execute macro (swaps one HB for soul reaper)

#showtooltip soul reaper
/use frost presence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,soul reaper
/castsequence reset=5/target Plague Strike,obliterate,horn of winter,obliterate
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]blood fury
/use [combat]pillar of frost

love ur macros Multi:) do u have one for dw?

I’m waiting to get at least 500 ilvl 1 hand before I make a macro for DW. As soon as that happens I will let you know what it is.

Note that my macros change all the time. The one listed on here is a little different then the one I use today for 2 hand. I believe that macros should always change some over time to try and get the best DPS and keep up with the changes. Gear plays a big part of having the one button macro change as well unless you just want sub par DPS.

How many macros is normal to use for a DK?

Not sure what you mean… For a Frost DK it doesn’t require many macros at all… Maybe something like 4 or 5 but it depends on how you play. My unholy DK probably has more macros than any class I play (I play all classes.)

Can i have some suggest about frost dk macro ( single and aoe target) in 5.3 now. I’m newbie in DK.

Thank you!

im using below macro on ilvl 454 and easy get 40k plus on single target aoe depends on size of group etc

/castsequence [mod] Raise Dead; reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Unholy Blight
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=5/target Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Yep the above macro is basically Luis’ macro from 5.1. No point in having double topics.