Frost Lazy Macro – 5.04

Hi all, long time reader , 1st time poster here. Out of all my toons ( Pally, Shammy, Hunter & DK) the DK was the easiest DPS macro to set up. Getting 30k+ easily in DS with this.

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/10 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Raise Dead
/Script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Feel free to critique or improve :slight_smile:

So is there no need for the modifier now to use runic power when full?or are you still using FS and HB on procs?

cheers

I just mash FS & HB on procs or if Obliterate or HB up in the macro rotation I let them use the proc. Getting some mad DPS in all versions of DS - even Heroics!

I wonder why there is no Frost Strike in the macro?

I agree, can’t you incorporate Frost Strike into it?

My ilvl is only 340, im dual-wielding and am getting roughly 8 to 12k dps, im guessing my gear isnt good enough to increase dps.

I have FS on a button next to this and press when i have downtime in macro, there seems to be on occasions a 2 to 5 sec downtime when mashing this, maybe im doing something wrong.

From what I gather, FS is used with DW and Oblib is used for 2H. So I wonder if you can change out Oblib for FS. My DK isn’t 85 so I can’t tell.

You’re partially correct: when Killing Machine procs a Dual-Wield will use Frost Strike while a 2H will use Obliterate. However, during the normal rotation of a 2H Frost DK, Frost Strike is relatively important ability. Frost Strike is the main Runic Power dump you’ll be using, as not only does it do about 25% of the total DPS (Obliterate should be 35%-40%), it also recharges your runes through the Runic Empowerment talent, allowing you to use more Obliterates. Frost Strike should probably replace Howling Blast… Howling Blast should really only be used when Rime procs, to apply/re-apply Frost Fever, or during AoE fights. Likewise, Plague Strike should only be used to apply/re-apply Blood Plague, otherwise you’re wasting Unholy Runes that could be used for more Obliterates.

Did a lot of experimentation based on the above comments and while valid in theory they are very hard to implement effectively in a Lazy Macro to maximise dps :slight_smile: I have however tweaked the macro slightly using Plague Leech talent, which combined with Blood of the North (Frost,Passive) talent does improve dps through extra Death rune regeneration. I have Frost Strike on the button next to the macro for using up excess Runic Power, and Death Strike on the next button in case I need a quick heal (using Glyph of Dark Succor). Here are both the normal dps & single target ( for 4th platform Madness of Deathwing blistering tentacles) versions - apologies for the extra line spacing :slight_smile:

Normal DPS:

/startattack

/castsequence reset=target/6 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate

/castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter,Plague Leech

/cast Pillar of Frost /cast Empower Rune Weapon

/cast Raise Dead

Single target DPS (for 4th platform Madness of Deathwing blistering tentacles) :

/startattack

/castsequence reset=target/6 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Obliterate

/castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter,Plague Leech,Outbreak

/cast Pillar of Frost

/cast Raise Dead

Apologies - stuffed the previous post up by pasting my old test macro - here’s the correct versions :slight_smile:

Normal DPS:

/startattack

/cast Pillar of Frost

/cast Raise Dead

Single target DPS (for 4th platform Madness of Deathwing blistering tentacles) :

/startattack

/castsequence reset=target/6 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Obliterate

/cast Pillar of Frost

/cast Raise Dead

working on one currently will holler when I find something that I like. I do mine mainly for pvp but we’ll see what I come up with. cheers

John

I’m using Steven’s “normal dps” one for pve and it works for the most part. It’s missing something, but I can’t find it. I’ve msg’d Luis to see if he can come up with what the hell I’m talking about, because the ones I’ve made for warrior and shaman work like a charm in any situation.

grumble.

Hey John,

I agree with you. Something is missing and that one things is Frost Strike. It can be placed in the macro the place is where.

I do! lol
Well sort of works but not as smooth as we want.

/cast !Frost Strike
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Raise Dead
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Or just put it as a modifier for now.

i can confirm that u run out of rp and some times locks

so i messed a bit with it and i use this now

/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Raise Dead

horn casts properly awarding power and i kept Frost Strike on different button when i have nothing else to cast cause in the macro it was giving me hard time.

may be placing it in the end would work but i do not recommend it!

any improvement would be welcome though :stuck_out_tongue:

have tried some of the macros here and they are good but the 1 i use now locks sometimes and i wonder if any1 have a macro for 5.0.5 that is really good and make good dps

define me the difference pls cause i do not understand what u need

im using stevens normal dps macro and it locks sometimes and i dont have rp or anything

Give this one a shout fellas, I think I got it.

/cast Frost Strike
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Raise Dead
/startattack

Oh and @Baboulas7 I read and reread his a few times, tinkered with the Frost Strike placement many times, so credit to him. Cheers.

John

On second thought, it begins to lock up after two rounds so, back to the drawing board. if anyone else can build off of it, please do. and please post what you use if you critique it.