Future of GS (old one)

Hi, I would like to know, if i still can use GS in the future (because WoW is telling me “its a old version”).

And when i find good GS-E macros - can i just copy the GS-E macro and adding this Stepfunction t oit ?

Sequences[“GS”] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],

Hello Nobody, all the stepfunction code got replaced in GSE with this:

StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,

Get in the Gnome Sequencer Enhanced wagon when you can. It’s easier than before once you understand it.

The question was a yes/no question. The answer supplied (above) may be accurate but it is incomplete and imprecise. It may be appropriate to make a faith leap that your answer implies: “No, old StepFunction funcationality is unavailable or unsupported.” However, this is not plain in your answer.

Understanding that some actually like/desire the original StepFunction capability, please reconsider the question and refine your answer.

Here, this might help more Stepfunctions further down

In GS-E you can still use the stepfunction it if you want. You can still use the Sequences.lua file in the Core folder if you want to and have ALL your macros in there like the older GS version

Or if you want to change and use the newer one you can either keep the Stepfunction or substitute it with
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,

I believe there is choice still :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for your answers! I did testet GS-E of course and i love the Idea behind it. But -with the biggest respect for the amazing engagement Timothy put in, it actually don’t work for me.
If i understood it right, the guide (link from Cymiryc) telling me , that i am able to rectify the translation of missing or incorrect spells. When i figured out how and where to correct - it would fix 1 of 2 problems.
The other problem is, that when i copy macros from here, some macros wont be showing at the balckbox (ingame /gsse) and dont work. I checked the Macro Name, the “Class ID” and so on.

I will definetly give it another try later - but now i just enjoying leveling my char :slight_smile:

Hello … may a borrow this tread a bit.
When i updated my GS-E some days ago there must have been a change or something happend.
The Sequences.lua and the old files to make macros of your own are completly gone.
it looks a bit wierd. i tryed reinstalling (to say iam a bit new to this) but i got the hang of it a wile back and did put some macros from the pages in and i worked fine. now you cant even make new macros with the build in macros. anyone experiance this ? regards

@Roger Görts
There are two parts to this.

If you look at the FUture Questions thread i talked about not being able to support the Sequences.lua file going forward. There are two options Import the sequences.lua file by copy all the sequences from the lua file and paste into /gsse and choose import or going down either the myMacros or custom addon path if you still wanted to maintain your macros out of game. Creating Addon Packs If you are editing out of game you need to pay attention to the load order and versions. This is described here

The other part is that it looks like Blizzard in one of their hotfixes changed the behaviour of ipairs. This caused 1.3.5 to not save. This was fixed very quickly in 1.3.6

The focus changed to be able to edit in game without having to do a reload.

Back to the original question, you can use old GS but the macros that are being shared will need changes to make them work. This is not a deliberate thing to break old GS. Its just that to do the things people have asked for changes had to be made.