Getting Started with Gnome Sequencer - Enhanced for 7.0.3 Patch Day Videos

[quote quote=30796]I was just going to repost with that change which cleared the existing error…
On another note i seem to getting one of the same errors by typing /gs
Never noticed it before because i had LUA errors turned off so not sure how long I have had the issue but this is the only error i see:
Message: Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:230: Usage: GetSpecializationInfoByID(specID[, sex]) Time: 08/01/16 21:58:30 Count: 1 Stack: [C]: ? [C]: in function GetSpecializationInfoByID’ Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:230: in function <Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:225> Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:325: in function?’ Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4332: in function ChatEdit_ParseText’ Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4000: in functionChatEdit_SendText’ Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4036: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed’ [string “:OnEnterPressed”]:1: in function <[string “:OnEnterPressed”]:1>
Locals:
[/quote]

The other thing I just checked the code and this problem (and your previous one) were fixed in 1.0.6 (The current version is 1.1.4b) If you update GS-E from either wowinterface or curse this will be fixed.

I am currently using Curse but for some reason it’s keeping me at 1.1.4a
Updater doesn’t show the need to update and the site itself makes no mention of b… might was well use wowinterface for now

1.1.4a
Fixes for malformed sequences in DraikMacros that I broke!

Fixes for malformed sequences in DraikMacros. Sequences need to be well formed for the translator to understand them To make this work mods and conditionals like target=combat need to be [target=combat]

i just downloaded and installed 1.1.4a (that’s all i see on wowinterface) and still get the error. I also turned off TSM thinking it might conflict because it was mentioned in a line of the error but still nothing. I hope we can find a solution, if not I guess I’ll just have to continue Backing up my sequence file and reentering all my macros everytime I log into a toon. Here’s hoping

Thank you

Your right it’s 1.1.4a

It’s 6am here and I’m not awake. The translator is a b.

[quote quote=30806]i just downloaded and installed 1.1.4a (that’s all i see on wowinterface) and still get the error. I also turned off TSM thinking it might conflict because it was mentioned in a line of the error but still nothing. I hope we can find a solution, if not I guess I’ll just have to continue Backing up my sequence file and reentering all my macros everytime I log into a toon. Here’s hoping
Thank you
[/quote]

Hey Dyz

After you edited the sequence and fixed the typo and updated GS-E did you do a full wow restart? Normally you only need to do a /console reloadui but between 1.0 and 1.1 there were some filename changes in the mod that wow won’t pick up till you do a full restart.

GetSpecializationInfoByID(specID[, sex])

I thought Succubus was going to become a new Race/Class spec and could only be played outside or upstairs in Goldshire Inn.

I always update my addons with WoW closed. I still get the error when enterring the /gs command.
I was wondering if maybe there’s an addon I’m using that be interfering. I’ll check this out as soon as my gf gets home from work…

i just tried with all addons closed except for gs-e and affiliated addons. no luck, still get the error

Hey Dye - Will send you a PM we’ll take this offline.

Hi TimothyLuke (Draik) –

I’m new to Gnome Sequencer. Your Destro Single Target works, but when I edit the /castsequence it stops working completely. I tried making a new macro, and it doesn’t work at all. When I edit the LUA file and save it (note, all I edit is the /castsequence spells, nothing else) it no longer shows up in GS-E for my spec. I have to uninstall the addon, then reinstall it just to get back the Destro Single Target file.

This is my edit of the LUA file:
Sequences[‘DB_Destro’] = {
specID = 267,
author = “Jimmy”,
helpTxt = “Talents - 1,1,1,2,2,1,3”,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
]],
“/cast [nochanneling] Conflagrate”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Channel Demonfire, Chaos Bolt”,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}

Note, the ONLY thing I edited from the original LUA file are the spells to be cast in the sequence. I didn’t touch anything else. Now, the option to select Destro in GS-E is gone after editing the LUA spells.

Hey Kristopher

Can you give me a sample of the line change?

Also is there a Sequences[‘DB_Destro’] in your World of Warcraft\WTF\AccountName\SavedVariables\GS-Core.lua file. You have to be completely out of game to check this last part.

I need to ask this latter part as to try to determine what is happening or not happening at log out

Also are you editing in game or out of game?

Here’s the Original from the Warlock.lua file:
specID = 267,
author = “Jimmy”,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
“/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate,Drain Life”,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}

Here’s what I was trying to do to it:
specID = 267,
author = “Jimmy”,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
“/castsequence [nochanneling] Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt”,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}

Also, I’m completely logged out of the game and there is no file in that directory that you listed above. When I edit, I first tried editing in-game, but the rotation never changed. It continued using the one listed in the original Warlock.lua. So, I used Notepad++ to edit the Warlock.lua to match the rotation I wanted to use, but it didn’t work in-game. So, I had to uninstall the addon completely, and delete the settings, then install it again to reacquire the original Warlock.lua. I found a semi-new (works for 7.0) rotation to raid with, but even then, it stops working after a few cycles.

Newest rotation added into Warlock.lua that now shows in GS-E, and works for a few cycles, then stops:
Sequences[‘DestructionRaid’] = {
specID = 267,
author = “Dezoran”,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
“/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] !Conflagrate,!Chaos Bolt”,
“/cast [nochanneling] !Chaos Bolt”,

PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/targetenemy
/cast Havoc
]],
}

All I’m trying to do is to find a decent rotational script that will cast Immolate, then Incinerate x4, and will cast Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate when capable. I know it’s impossible to craft a script that will cast things with variables such as soul shards and amana, etc. But I’m just looking for something that will get me through LFR raids with more than 15k dps, lol.

If this helps at all, what I’m trying to find is a script that will:

1. Cast Conflagrate on CD
  2. Cast Immolate to apply the DoT
  3. Cast Incinerate 3-5 times (if math is correct, you can cast Incinerate x10 before Immolate DoT falls)
  4. Cast Chaos Bolt to refill mana and use Soul Shards so as not to cap them

I don’t use the Fire and Brimstone talent. I’ve come into some bad situations with the AoE Incinerate. I’ve pulled mobs I didn’t need to pull because of it. My current talents are Roaring Blaze, Reverse Entropy, Demon Skin, Eradication, Dark Pact, Grimoire of Service, Soul Conduit (2, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2. 3).

If you could code a script for me to do this, and not freeze up or stop after just a cycle or two, then that would be great and I would be happy to somehow pay you for it.

I had a similar issue, I found myself changing the name in the sequence tag to give it a different name and relogging while editing Macros. Not ideal, but I needed to get things done.

@TheZeldrak:
Would you like to try this and see how you get on?

Sequences['DestructionRaid'] = {
specID = 267,
author = "Dezoran",
helpTxt = "Talents – 1,1,1,2,2,1,3",
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate,Incinerate,Immolate',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Conflagrate',
'/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack [@target,exists]
/cast Havoc
]],
}

This shouldn’t cause you any lock up. Might not be the best DPS right now but can be tweaked, just trying to stop it from locking up on you at the moment.

@TheZeldrak

Also, I’m completely logged out of the game and there is no file in that directory that you listed above. When I edit, I first tried editing in-game, but the rotation never changed.

Which version of GS-E are you using?

If prior to 1.3 then when you edit in game it makes a new macro called “LiveTest” for you to experiment with. You then need to save that out of the game into myMacros or similar and to see those changes you needed a /console reloadui to load the changes from the file. If you are using 1.3 and the macro hasn’t changed, thats a bug. It should have created a version 2 or better.

@LDAP are you getting that with 1.3?

I’m using the newest version. I think it’s 1.3. It’s the one listed on Curse Client, so I would assume it’s the most updated one.

@Cymiryc – I’ll give it a shot tomorrow evening when I get home. I’m no longer playing WoW this evening. That looks really similar to the one I was already using. What did you do to make it not lock up? Just curious since it looks really similar.

I removed Chaos Bolt from the /castsequence and left it on it’s own /cast which you had anyway.

The reason for this is because Chaos Bolts require 2 shards to be available to continue the macro.
If you don’t have the 2 shards then it will lock up until they become available, but you can’t make them available because you have locked up…

Any ability that has a timer or requires a resource that sits at the end of a castsequence will probably lock up until the timer expires or enough of the resources become available so it’s best to put them on their own line.

@Cymiryc – I just got home and tried out your edit. It’s still locking up after about two or three cycles. I don’t know if it matters, but I’m testing it out on the training dummies in Stormwind. I’m using the Raider’s dummy. i’ve also got my ‘1’ key bound to my mouse wheel, so I can scroll and button-smash, but it still only does a few cycles, then it hangs up again and combat drops. Nothing happens when I scroll the wheel or press the button.