Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

Hello,

Just an update.

Tried with a new macro, not an update to an existing one, and … success on the first try!

Clearly, the problem resides with the “update” of an existing macro.

Cheers

Sorry to bother you, but I’m a true “idiot” when it comes to GSE. I have been trying to (unsuccesfully) import a macro - any macro. Cut & Paste, that’ssimple. The problem comes in what/where to paste it. I need an idiot’s tutorial of what to click on once “/gs” is entered in WOW. Your help will be invaluable.

I’m going out on a limb here but once you hit /Gs there are 8 buttons down the bottom. You might want to try the one labelled “Import Macro”.

After that it’s paste the macro string into the big box and press import.

Hey DesertFox!

We all were that kind of idiot once; don’t be ashamed.

I once was searching for my sons among a Ton of noisy kids, starting to desperate, I approached a teacher almost in anger and asked for them; when she looks at me as if I just arrived from Mars and said;

— Sir, they are hanging from your trousers :smiley:

It just happens eheheheh.

My advice would be 3 x 5 cl of a good Single Malt … and look again!

My problem, on the other hand, is different; I do click all buttons knowing that the “thing” will not explode, and … it doesn’t ROFLOL

Cheers

I have tried the copy paste to the “import box” that come up when I press the “import” button (1 of the six main gse buttons). the code paste properly. I then press the “import” button that there. When I go to the macro nothing has been imported. I have tried using a “new” macro, also a new one that I gave a name to, same result. I’m obviously not understanding something.

Check that you dont already havea macro of the same name in the general macros tab. If you do it will stop the import process creating another, so delete it, reimport, and you should see the new macro in the character specific macros tab.

Ok before anyone says it I am well aware this may be a really dumb question but I simply can’t figure it out.

When I start a new class like I did today was a Druid and I haven’t used GSE with a druid before so I didn’t have any custom macros imported. When it asked me if I wanted to use the basic macros or however it was worded I said yes. The 3 macros it gave me are SAM_Balance, SAM_Feral and SAM_Guardian. All 3 look like they would work as a base macro however none of them have any icons and are all the blue book which I cannot pull to my action bar. How do I fix this so I can actually use them?

In /Gs select the macro and press the Creatr Icon button.

Hey there! I got a question about a macro imma trying to get to work.

So first thing first - I play a BM hunter and is using 3 different macros, Burst, Single and Aoe.
They all work really good but there is a thing to my burst macro i would like to add if possible.

So the burst macro, I made up with one line which starts with > /castsequence reset=combat < follow with all the attacks in order for maximum burst.
Once it’s done with that line of attacks, the macro stops working/attacking which is how i want it to be as i then switch to my single target for rest of the fight.
But the thing is you need to pay good attentions to when it stops attacking as nothing really tells you when its done going through that /castsequence line
So i were thinking of something like, add a /whisper name which tells me to swap - but that i cannot get to work. If i add the /whisper underneath the first line it would just spam me as fast as i’m pressing the macro.

So the question is - is there a fix or anything similar i can do to alert me when its time for me to swap macro?

In GSE no that’s a capability beyond what GSE is designed for and would not be possible weighing the cintstraints under which GSE works.

But you could potentially use something like TellMeWhen or WeakAuras to report on when a particular spell occurs after a particular button is pressed. I don’t know these mods well enough to be able to tell you how to go about it but that would be where I would be looking.

OK. So I’m returning to WoW after a 10 year break. I have played other games (rift mainly) and used a very simple macro system that used priority casting and checked for range (i.e. /cast x; /cast y) and x would cast if in melee range, and if i was out of melee range, they y would be casted instead. I’m sure its on here somewhere, but I would like to know if there is a way to make it so GSE does essentially the same thing. If I’m a melee spec (feral druid) I still want to be able to do some DPS if a mechanic requires me to not be in melee range.

Hey i need help i have a Problem with my Ctrl Mod Alt and shift works good but when i push Ctrl my GSE makro stops running as long im holding the buten but the spell that shuld be used is not working.
sorry for my bad english^^

im very much a noob. so happy i found this idiot post! i have so many questions. i have learned a ton just by farting around with it and learning on the job. i feel decent enough, and i apologize if this has already been asked but i cant find it.

is there really no way to add more than the 3 modifiers of control, alt, shit? i would love to have a couple little spells to throw in. i can bind them to in-game macros with a @cursor or self, but with how fast the macro fires from gse, half the time the button i manually pressed doesn’t get taken because of GCD. when its in the keypress as a modifier it immediately pauses the sequence and fires what i want followed by immediately starting the macro again. its beautiful.

Sure, you could potentially have up to 7 mods.

They will still be CTRL/ALT/SHIFT keys but they are the only modifiers that can be used as they are the only 3 which change the state of the keys pressed.

Extra Combo: [mod:ctrl,mod:shift] [mod:alt,mod:ctrl] [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,mod:alt]

They are some examples… however, they are hit or miss depending on what the client see’s you pressing first in order to match the conditions…
Works but not perfect.

Hey,
im new to gse and have some question on how to use, I have it installed, imported and created a macro I want but doesnt work propply, the ctrl and alt are supposed to do certin actions but dosnt seem to do them I have no idea why, any help would be appreciated.
I also want to change the seq and the talent it requires abit can I do that and how?
The source code does not apper right to me dont know why, contacted words like "gdsf…"66666
this is the macro iwant Holy Paladin DPS BFA Pre Patch 8.0.1 Macro - Patch 8.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

hello first of all thanks for this addon !
second i need to add some latency in my sequence so how to configure it please ?

google is n t my friend i already tried a search … and i cant find it in my razer synapse !
so please heal !
thanks

most common cause for modifiers not working is due to keybinds, make sure under the keybinds section in wow that you unbind anything like Shift+1 etc as these will inhibit modifiers in macros from working.

as for your second question i have no idea what you are talking about sorry :frowning:

[quote quote=66626]hello first of all thanks for this addon ! second i need to add some latency in my sequence so how to configure it please ?
google is n t my friend i already tried a search … and i cant find it in my razer synapse ! so please heal ! thanks[/quote]

not sure what you mean by latency to the macro, you mean a delay on casts? if so you cant

Hi, When I try to drag the icon it won’t be selected and draged the icon is a book. When I used my Unholy macro imported it had a question mark as an icon and I could just drag it on to my action bar. So how do i drag this icons to my bar or find it somewhere els? Looking in Macros but it isnt there.

I know this is for GS and not GSE2. Bit confused by the spell sequencing
with
/cast A
/cast B
/castsequence 1,2,3
/cast C

I thought the process is that for Sequential = A,B,1,C,A,B,2,C,A,B,3,C ?

…Priority 1 12 123 is different isn’t it
i.e A,A,B,A,B,1,A,B,2,A,B,3,C…etc