GS:E Marksman all-in-one Macro with Pet

Thank you @lee. You absolutely understand the issue.

Analyzing performance on CheckMyWow clearly showed me at 100% focus for an excess amount of time and low number of aimed shots. I wasn’t able to get my head around this stuff and will be trying your macro to see if it addresses the issue.

Again, many thanks for looking at this.

Here is a version of the OP’s macro for GSE2. If it doesn’t work after importing then you may have to close gs, open it again, find the macro, then change the spec to something other than Marksman, then change it back, save, and then it should work. I put in the modifier for holding down the alt key, it’s up to you to decide if you want to use the alt r another key.

I also added an assist to focus in there so you can set your focus and just assist them.

Let me know if it does or doesn’t work for you.

Sequences['DB_TotalMM'] = {
  Author="Netherscourge",  
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "3113111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/assist  [@focus,exists,nodead]",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Marked Shot",
        "/cast Windburst",
        "/cast A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast Bursting Shot",
        "/cast [mod: alt,nochanneling] Aimed Shot; Trueshot",
        "/cast [mod: alt,nochanneling] Aimed Shot; Sidewinders",
        "/cast Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Mine still works fine and is actually easier to add now with the update (since I can export instead of typing it out). Also with mine you can use any of the mod buttons (alt, shift, or ctrl) without changing anything and its setup better because aimed shot is right after marked shot (marked shot gives a buff to aimed shot for a short period so its best to do aimed shot right after marked shot).

Sequences['DB_TotalMM'] = {
  Author="Sniperwulf@Uther",  
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "3113111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/petattack [@target,exists]",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
        "/cast [mod,nochanneling] Aimed Shot; Trueshot",
        "/cast [mod,nochanneling] Aimed Shot; Sidewinders",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Aimed shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Aimed shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Roar of Sacrifice",
      PostMacro={
        "/use [combat]13",
        "/use [combat]14",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hey there Lee. :slight_smile: What is the ms or keypress delay you would suggest with this macro?

I’m curious about the delay using AHK too.

Actually, mastery trumps agility for marksman. :wink:

Actually, mastery trumps agility for marksman. ???? [/quote]

No, agility is a primary stat, mastery is a secondary.

No, agility is a primary stat, mastery is a secondary.
[/quote]

He didnt say anything about what was a primary and secondary stat. He said Mastery is better than agility for MM hunters and he would be correct.

That is why it is called a secondary, because the primary is the best one.

No. Mastery trumps Agility for Marksman right now. 9 times out of 10.

Mastery is better for this build (and most others) because it increases damage of all skills that use focus. So unless you are using 90% focus generators and not spending the focus on anything (which is stupid but people can play how they want) mastery is the best stat possible. With my toon my focus spending skills are doing almost double the dps because of my 23% mastery and because I use the macro I posted in this thread sidewinders is the only skill that isnt buffed from that. Furthermore there are allot of classes that do best with a secondary stat as the top priority over a primary (fire mage and havoc dh both have crit as #1 stat priority for example) but you can check the stat priority of every class by looking them up for yourself at https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/. Now as far as a key press delay I dont use anything like that (I press manually) and I usually just spam the key lol. I have ran simulations to show what my average dps should be with this build if I did rotation manually and when I use the macro its about the same. I even had a friend do the same to double check the results so that I know its not just me (although I did have to explain how to use my macro 1st but he caught on quick). You just need to remember that if you use the macro I posted to hold a modifier button at the right time to prevent focus from being capped/wasted. If you really want I can make a recording of myself spamming the key then give it to you so you can get an idea of the average but as I said my friend was pulling basically the same numbers as I was when he tested it so I dont think there is a point. Now all of that said if you want more dps out of it I suggest when you are in a group with a tank you switch the careful aim for lone wolf. You may lose the pet but pet is mostly useful in single player when you have no tank so you get more protection anyway and in group that is the tanks job. I not only do more dps that way but my pet is less likely to pull mobs we are trying to skip/walk past. Just remember to set the tank as focus when the group is built and you should have no problems (assuming your tank knows what to do). Weather you choose to take that advice or not is completely up to you.

“Agility is your primary statistic. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.”
“Mastery, through Mastery: Sniper Training Icon Mastery: Sniper Training, grants you increased damage on abilities that cost Focus and increases your maximum shot range.”

That’s from Azortharion.

[quote quote=43404]“Agility is your primary statistic. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.” “Mastery, through Mastery: Sniper Training Icon Mastery: Sniper Training, grants you increased damage on abilities that cost Focus and increases your maximum shot range.”
That’s from Azortharion.
[/quote]

Yes, nowhere does it say that the primary stat is better or worse then the other. Furthermore, the site I linked (Icy veins) shows mastery is the best stat and was last edited by Azortharion. Just click the link, find your class/build, look in the right column for stat priority, click it, and it should take you right to it. Better yet since you seem incapable of doing it yourself for whatever reason I will save you the time.
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-stat-priority
Now when you open that link it clearly shows mastery is the top stat and this is because mastery gives you more dps overall. Think for a second at least 95% of mm hunter skills that do dps require you to spend focus and that includes all of the highest dps moves which is where most of the hunters overall damage comes from. That doesnt mean agility is useless (it was at one point the second on that list for priority but has since been removed because of people like you causing confusion). Agility simply isnt the top stat for mm hunter which is why I and they suggest you get the addon called pawn which calculates the value of items based on the stat weights you input for your character. Basically once you set it up (something that site shows you how to do if you follow the link above and look for the choosing gear section) the addon will tell you if an item is actually better for you then what you have equipped by doing the math for you. Now if you still feel like arguing the point feel free to argue with Azortharion since as I said they are the one who last edited the stat priority list.

Agility is a given for all hunters, by your logic, Vers is better than Agility…please learn your class before you look foolish again.

[quote quote=43565]Agility is a given for all hunters, by your logic, Vers is better than Agility…please learn your class before you look foolish again.
[/quote]

If saying that stats which give you more DPS overall is foolish by your logic then I guess its true but rather be foolish then stupid. By my logic if it gives you more dps overall it is the better stat for mm hunter and that is ALWAYS true. Perhaps its you who needs to learn the classes since hunters are always dps (there is no heal or tank spec). Dps means damage per second and therefore whatever increases your damage the most is best. I linked to a site that explains it all and how they came to there decision and I even explained it myself for people who wont/cant use the link but perhaps you are just to incompetent to understand the big words. So, let me break it down for you. The more damage hunter can do better that hunter is. Most mm hunter damage skills need focus so 90% of the damage they do comes from skills that SPEND FOCUS. Furthermore the skills that do the most damage all require you to SPEND FOCUS. Mastery gives more dps to the skills that SPEND FOCUS then agility by a decent amount. Therefore because at least 90% (usually more like 98% especially if you use the macro posted in here) of the hunters damage comes from skills that use focus mastery gives more dps overall. I also explained that agility was on there at one point as the second best stat under mastery but it was removed because you get agility naturally and because it seemed to do less for the mm hunter then the stats they listed during TESTING. I and the people who posted this info at that site all used math and simulators to double check this info. Perhaps before you argue you should test it yourself in a simulator or something before you make yourself look stupid. That being said the stat priority may be different for hunters that are not marksmen spec but that is a topic for another section of the forum (not the section for mm hunters). lastly just because something is a better stat doesnt mean much for example if you have a ring that gives 1000 mastery and some crit (like the 1 I use on my hunter) but you find a ring that gives 2 billion agility (does not exist that I know of) then the agility ring would give you more dps since there is so much more of it. That is why I suggested using the pawn addon since it shows you if an item would be better for your current build then what you are using.

so say you have a ring that has 1000 agility and another that has 1000 mastery, you would choose the mastery?

and btw, none of the hunter speccs show agility as a stat priority

[quote quote=43576]so say you have a ring that has 1000 agility and another that has 1000 mastery, you would choose the mastery?
[/quote]

Assuming I didnt have a ring already that was better then definitely (as I said I use pawn to let me know which would be better because its easier then doing the math myself and/or running a sim). I do think that agility should be second priority stat but dont think it should be on the list since 90% of the gear you use will end up with that on it anyway.

[quote quote=43577]and btw, none of the hunter specs show agility as a stat priority
[/quote]
I never said they did and not sure why you felt the need to state that.

so why not link us your logs and prove some or a sim with little agility…something…you base all this on your misinterpetation of Azortharions comments. I dare say you must be one of the least effective hunters out there with this thinking…care to post your armory with logs?

…but I’m sure you’ll have a reason not to…

Wow. I’ll just say that a couple of you take this game way too seriously. It is a game, the last time I checked, Noobster. I also think there are more important things in life rather than worrying if “I’m one of the least effective hunters out there” in a GAME.

You can disagree with someone without being an ass.