GS/ GSE2.0 7.30 Blood

Updated 6 June 2017
Below is my current tank Macro in GSE2.0 format (cheers Embraced Chaos for the conversion)
with the older one below for those still using old GSE versions

Tab 2 of the macro is for those specced with Blood Drinkler

Updated, revision to try and eliminate issues with DnD target reticle in the Blooddrinker version

Sequences['DKBLOOD'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.01.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=250,
  Talents = "2112132",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Trinket2=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood",
        "/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Death Strike",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Death Strike",
        "/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
        "/cast Blood Boil",
        "/cast Marrowrend",
        "/cast Blood Boil",
        "/cast Heart Strike",
        "/cast Consumption",
        "/castsequence Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike",
        "/castsequence Death Strike, Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Heart Strike",
        "/castsequence Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, Heart Strike",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      Trinket2=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood",
        "/cast [combat][no channeling] Dancing Rune Weapon",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [no channeling] Death Strike",
        "/cast blooddrinker",
        "/cast [no channeling] Marrowrend",
        "/cast [no channeling] Blood Boil",
        "/cast [no channeling] Heart Strike",
        "/castsequence [no channeling] Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike",
        "/castsequence [no channeling] Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Heart Strike",
        "/castsequence [no channeling] Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, Death Strike",
        "/cast [no channeling] Consumption",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Old GS and GSE version

Sequences['DKBLOOD'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=250,
version=7,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2112132",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
]],
"/cast Death Strike",
"/cast Marrowrend",
"/cast Blood Boil",
"/cast Heart Strike",
"/cast Consumption",
"/castsequence Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike",
"/castsequence Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Heart Strike",
"/castsequence Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, Heart Strike",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
}

just a quick test vid showing it in action in a raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V3tHi2YU3I&feature=youtu.be

while I am a Firm believer in if it ain’t broke don’t fix,
I have been fiddling with the macro to see if i can push it further,

This is what I’m personally using at the moment, for now focusing on Blood Drinker over Heart seeker for the time being. Understand this is tuned for my gear setup using shoulders and Bracers for leggos, however only the braces will affect performance should you chose to try it for yourself.

Things to note im running it at 70ms for speed, if you run it differently you may have to adjust the loop limit for DS, so if you go faster you will have to increase the loop limit, if you go slower you may have to reduce it. obvious signs will be failing to burn RP lower the loop number. having no RP constantly increase the loop number,

for me in a 3 min window on tank dummy I’ve gained about 100k DPS based on my DK

Sequences['DKBLOOD_BETA'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.01.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=250,
  Talents = "3112132",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Trinket2=true,
      LoopLimit=15,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Vampiric Blood",
        "/cast [combat][no channeling: blooddrinker] Dancing Rune Weapon",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [no channeling] Death Strike",
      },
        "/cast [no channeling] Blood Boil",
        "/castsequence [no channeling] Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Death Strike",
        "/cast [no channeling: Blooddrinker] Consumption",
        "/cast [no channeling] Blooddrinker",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Just a quick update, now it gets about 7-9 stacks of gorging

What are your talents? :slight_smile:

Jimmy

[quote quote=29551]What are your talents? ?

Jimmy

[/quote]
Currently are 2 2 1 2 2 1 3,
But like I mentioned in the OP Heart breaker, Soulgorge and Ossuary are the only must haves if running this macro. I know Soulgorge is not getting much love in the beta forums because its ‘apparently’ hard to manage. but this macro handles it just fine providing a decent amount of stacks to keep the rune at a steady recycle rate. Heart breaker and Ossuary, help with the RP generation and Death strike frequency.
The biggest hurdle is the resource generation and slowing of rotations forcing in idle windows where you’re expected to do nothing but auto attack. Bliz seems to encourage this by adding effects to auto attacks like for blood DKs proccing free DnD etc. So I try to focus on talents for now that improve resource generation or makes actions cheaper. I will change once I start to factor in Artifact weapons.

Why Deaths Caress? Blood Boil does more damage and is AoE.

[quote quote=29730]Why Deaths Caress? Blood Boil does more damage and is AoE.

[/quote]
That it does but If you look at the talents its running Soulgorge, that removes the dot from blood boil as a trade off for being spammable. so I have a deaths caress only to apply the dot.

The reason I have specced this way, to begin with, is resource stability.
normally I like many, would find the soulgorge talent crap, however, because the macro takes care of its management you can have on average from my tests. of 7-12% increased rune recycle rate (as pre pre patch) which in short fights means nothing but longer ones made for a more stable rotation with far less down time. meaning you can Heart Strike more, thus Death Strike more often and so forth.

This macro works fine without it and you can spec out and remove Soulgorge and death strike. but you will find periods of downtime due to runes on CD and no RP so you’re left with just auto attacks and blood boil. which I find not very effective to tank with.

should there be a gap between the death strike and the post macro script? I’m not very savy on making these things.

[quote quote=29783]should there be a gap between the death strike and the post macro script? I’m not very savy on making these things.

[/quote]

no but still works all the same, but I will punish myself for being lazy during testing

Another Macro that goes diffrently more according to icy veins
Talents = 2,2,1,2,3,3,3

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
    ]],
    "/cast Marrowrend",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Marrowrend',
    '/castsequence reset=combat Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Marrowrend',
    PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
}

I just want to say many thank you to John for this. It fires off nicely and doesn’t hang up. I don’t have hardly any white/auto space which is nice. Has decent self healing also. Tested out in raid, and Mythic Dungeons it was around 72-80k dps on single target and 120-180k on large AOE pulls and hps is around 45-50k at 745 ilvl. I am using Blood Mirror instead of Purgatory gotta trust your healers right lol!

[quote quote=29903]Another Macro that goes diffrently more according to icy veins
Talents = 2,2,1,2,3,3,3

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			step = 1
		else
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
    ]],
    "/cast Marrowrend",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike, Death Strike",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Marrowrend',
    '/castsequence reset=combat Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Marrowrend',
    PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
}

[/quote]

I gave it a crack and while it works ok i found a couple of issues.
the talents you specify includes soulgorge, is that a typo and should be 2,1,1,2,3,3,3 instead?
the second issue was it seemed to suffer with feast or famine with resources. It could do with a tweak
and require the player control DnD and be johnny on the spot with it to keep up RP. and not have to burn AMS just to assist in RP generation. I will fiddle with it some so as to provide options in rotations.

[quote quote=29937]I just want to say many thank you to John for this. It fires off nicely and doesn’t hang up. I don’t have hardly any white/auto space which is nice. Has decent self healing also. Tested out in raid, and Mythic Dungeons it was around 72-80k dps on single target and 120-180k on large AOE pulls and hps is around 45-50k at 745 ilvl. I am using Blood Mirror instead of Purgatory gotta trust your healers right lol!

[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, Having made the switch to Blood as my main for this xpac I will be fine tuning it as I go along. I am just biding my time until I get my hands on the artifact weapon and take that into account as well.

Been using it the last couple days and it’s AWESOME. Thanks John and I really hope you keep it updated on Legion. One issue I have is that anti-magic shell doesn’t cast even though i see you have it on the macro

I really like your macro john and it works great! For my personal liking however, my mitigations fire off a little too randomly and while in a raid group I need more control over them. What do you think about putting Death Strike and Vampiric Blood on modifiers instead of the regular rotation?

I know how to do that in the coding, unfortunately I don’t have much experience with writing macros in regards to their efficiency however.

What do you think?

Personally Death Strike no, Vamp Blood yes. The thing is with Death strike its kind of your meat and potatoes attack along with heart strike. one creates RP the other consumes it. my goal was to have it firing off as much as I could not only keep the self-healing up but also just enough to keep the damage reduction buff it generates (thanks to Mastery) constantly up . Furthermore, thanks to the Red thirst talent the more death strikes means more RP being used so the CD of VB is being reduced further.

AMS and Dancing rune weapon can come off the pre-macro section if you wish. to either fire manually or pop in a [mod:alt] command or use [mod:shift] or [mod:ctrl]. you could do the same for VB as well but wise to put it back in once we get artifacts as from the brief sniff of beta i got it seems possible to get vb to have virtually no cd at all.

the other option is for fights where controlled mitigation is required ie Manaroth you could spec into Rune Tap and use it then.

I’ve been using this macro, but edited it to run w/o Soulgorge.
Stacking Haste > Crit for now.
Trinkets: 725 Knight’s Badge & 710 Discordant Chorus.
I swap out Chorus for BoA trinket if I need more Survival. (Purified Shard)

Talents: 2112133
Just make sure to stand in your DnD and your RP is set.

Sequences["SquishyDK"] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			step = 1
		else
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/Cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cancelaura Wraith Walk
    ]],
	'/castsequence Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike',
	"/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Marrowrend",
	"/cast Death Strike",
	"/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Heart Strike",
	"/cast Heart Strike",
	"/cast Death Strike",
	'/cast Marrowrend',
    PostMacro = [[
/TargetEnemy [noharm][dead]
/Use [combat] 13
/Use [combat] 14
    ]],
}

Susie, as I have always been a fan of your macros this one is no different, great burst damage and phenomenal hps up to 60k hps, and holds about 60-70k dps with a 120k+ burst dps. Great macro, although it will make the healers pay attention do your raid frame now, lol great work!

The last one is working quite good - performance is on par with the OP’s - using susies now

The talents being used for mythic+'s which i’ve done up to +8 are 2/1 or 3 but typically 3 for harder hits/1/2/1/3/varies but just use 3.

Never use Death’s Caress or use it idc. Personally its a wasted global. Death’s Caress uses 1 rune. Blood Boil uses none with the CD reduced with haste. Why would you waste a rune when they need to be prioritizing Marrowrend as one your main forms of mitigation? Death strike is still a main 1 but costs runic power vs runes now.

For a 1 rune spender Heart strike should be applied especially with the artifact talent that heals you for 25% of the damage it deals.

Never use Soulgorge. Your choices are Rapid Decomp for easier content till you getting trucked too hard in mythic +'s then swap to Spec Deflec.

Get some weakauras to track your bone shield charges.

Main stat is haste. For survivability in harder hitting encounters mastery/vers will be next. For a dps build look at haste/crit/mastery.

The rotation on the new Blood DK is Marrowrend,blood boil,heart strike,death strike,death and decay with death and decay and heart strike moving up in priority on aoe packs.

Hi ‘somenoob’,
I see you comment a lot of the sequences of other people that they aren’t good or plain select wrong talents and such.
What You have written makes sense, I have to admit that, but there are more things that work.
If you’re right or not, I let that in the middle. Specially because I / we can’t test your sequences.
So… Can you please post your sequence on the forum in a macro window?
Thanks in advance.

No offence meant btw.

ps. not mend as something negative, but it’s just like “no picture or video as proof, than it didn’t happen.” On this forum it’s more like “no sequence? Than it probably isn’t true, as we can’t check it.” or something like that.