GS/ GSE2.0 7.30 Blood

[quote quote=30590]Hi ‘somenoob’,
I see you comment a lot of the sequences of other people that they aren’t good or plain select wrong talents and such.
What You have written makes sense, I have to admit that, but there are more things that work.
If you’re right or not, I let that in the middle. Specially because I / we can’t test your sequences.
So… Can you please post your sequence on the forum in a macro window?
Thanks in advance.

No offence meant btw.

ps. not mend as something negative, but it’s just like “no picture or video as proof, than it didn’t happen.” On this forum it’s more like “no sequence? Than it probably isn’t true, as we can’t check it.” or something like that.

[/quote]

Not trying to be negative or point out faults. Only speaking from 4 months of testing in legion alpha/beta

I started a new thread with a basic sequence that will work fine from 100-110
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/legion-basic-blood/

Thanks for starting that new thread somenoob.
I’ll check that out tonight when I’m at home again. Looking forward to what you have posted. :stuck_out_tongue:

And testing is always needed. Specially improvements. :slight_smile:

Perhaps better tact next time :stuck_out_tongue: We all realise this point in the game is in a state of flux as far as the game goes and until we are all been 110 for 2 months nothing is locked in, Beta experiences vary from person to person. for me my results are based on my testing and reviewing combat logs etc. I see-saw through talents stat weights etc. at the end of the day, it’s not a competition to get the best macro just make those who have disabilities or just lazy lives that much easier :slight_smile: I look forward to giving your macros a run.

Ok its been a while but now that im back to playing my DK a bit.

not much has changed but did add in consumption

Sequences['bloodDK'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/Cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/Cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/Cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
    ]],
    '/cast Marrowrend',
      "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Death Strike, blood Boil, Marrowrend",
      "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, death strike, soulgorge",
      "/cast Heart Strike",
      "/cast Death Strike",
      "/cast Consumption",
    PostMacro = [[
/TargetEnemy [noharm][dead]
/Use [combat] 13
/Use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

or the GS-E version.

Sequences['bloodDK'] = {
specID = 250,
author = "John Metz",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2212233",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
    PreMacro = [[
/Cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/Cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/Cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
    ]],
    '/cast Marrowrend',
      "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Death Strike, blood Boil, Marrowrend",
      "/castsequence reset=combat Death's Caress, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, death strike, soulgorge",
      "/cast Heart Strike",
      "/cast Death Strike",
      "/cast Consumption",
    PostMacro = [[
]],
}

I will update the OP also when I can.
even running at 4ms speed it fires off fine, the reason I have specced this way is that it is truly a 1 button
and don have to rely on getting DnD out all to time for rune regen, rather pop it when it procs or apply as needed. for now as i level i’m practically pulling the Zone and tanking them to death. so it gets the job done enjoy,

Love your revised Macro John… Definitely keeps you alive, kicks out damage

Ok its been ages, but after a couple of PMs from some peeps below is what I am currently using for tanking.

Sequences['DKBLOOD'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=250,
version=8,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2112233",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
]],
"/cast !Death Strike",
"/cast Marrowrend",
"/cast !Blood Boil",
"/cast !Heart Strike",
"/cast !Consumption",
"/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
"/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
"/castsequence Marrowrend, Marrowrend, Death Strike",
"/castsequence Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Heart Strike",
"/castsequence Marrowrend, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, Heart Strike",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
}

Firstly I can’t claim full credit for this as its a bit of a Frankenstein macro I have tuned from others.
Second I am not sure how this may feel with others as its tuned for my DK and she is pretty well geared for a tank. taking advantage of both the legendary cloak and braces.

But it leans to the side of survivability over DPS though the DPS is nothing to be sneezed at. but in raids i can out heal healers in some fights.

I keep Vamp, Consumption and DRW in there on cooldown, And only have Blood Mirror, IBF and AMS kept separately as needed, I barely need them in LFR or normal raids but Heroics and Mythics yeah not a god but that’s a gear thing, not a macro

I have the macro set to cycle about 50-75ms
last if anyone ask why there is a duplicate line for Dnd its just so it fires off more efficiently as I hate wasting procs.

enjoy

I have a little question about the aoe casts.
For example this one: “/cast [@player] Death and Decay”,
Overhere it doesn’t seem to work.

• As it should be working is a autocast on myself/yourself (hence the @player). But what actually happens is that I get the AoE on my mousecursor instead. So I still have to click somewhere on the ground.
    Edit: Just noticed. one time it casts on my spot, a other time I have to click opn the ground with the mouse. So it is a kind of roulette/gambling. /notworkingasintended ?
  • As I currently have to do it. When D&D procs, I have D&D bound to a mod key. (Like Alt+F2, standard rotation is keep F2 pressed.) So When it procs I have to press the Alt key during the rotation, than when the D&D targeting visual appears I have to stop the rotation (release the F2-key), double click with my mouse on the location I want the D&D. When I hear the D&D sound I can start the rotation again.

I wonder if more people have the same issues. (same counts for my Vengeance DH’s 3 AoE spells. I have to manually place them, while they should be automatically be cast on myself / I mean my char. lol)

This might seem impossible - but I am seeing the same problem. I started a brand new DK. The @Player for DnD worked for me while I was questing to get to level 60 - worked out in the world and in instances. After hitting 60 I used a insta-100 I had left over. As soon as I got into the legion content the DnD would fire ONCE during a fight - but would not fire again while my key was set to auto-repeat (180ms repeat). If I started to MASH the key manually it would fire.

I have DnD set in my Post-Macro area so it tries to fire all the time.

MAYBE my key-repeat delay is too short for my system and / or the latency with my connection, I am not sure.

In short - I don’t know exactly what the problem is, or if my problem is the same as yours, but the observations seem to be the same.

Hmm interesting, I have been testing mine again and it functions perfectly. I don’t get the target reticle it just fires off at my feet. have you tried removing the lines and retype them in perhaps something was amiss when copied over?

As for Gyuniku’s issue its seems to be the speed of the macro it is firing. I run mine at 70ms. at the speed you seem to be running yours I think other abilities that are higher in the macro priority are activating before it gets to the DnD.
So you have options, either speed up the macro cycle to 70ms, move the “/cast [@player] Death and Decay”, closer to the top to give it more priority. or change the sequence type from Priority to sequential.

one or all may fix this issue

HOLY COW! John… Love the new macro… Casting DnD alone makes it worthwhile for me… Due to sometimes there is a lot going on when tanking it saves a big headache having to remember it… it lets me worry about other things needed… a big CUDO’S to you… This one definitely needs to be put in the GS E Macros

Thanks - I am also enjoying the latest macro from John - I am pulling 10+ mobs and i rarely go below 95% health. Elites are no problem (just slow). This is a great macro - thanks!

Hi
So i’ve tried the macro, and others have worked.
But this one just isn’t firing.
Any ideas why?

Edit: Nvm don’t rename macros with a space :).

Also it seems it’s a bit slow in terms of firing Death strike and heart strike sometimes because the rune management isn’t great. Any way we could fixe this ?

[quote quote=37448]Hi So i’ve tried the macro, and others have worked. But this one just isn’t firing. Any ideas why?
Edit: Nvm don’t rename macros with a space :).
Also it seems it’s a bit slow in terms of firing Death strike and heart strike sometimes because the rune management isn’t great. Any way we could fixe this ?
[/quote]

Just 2 questions, how much haste you have, and how fast are you cycling the macro?
as these tend to affect the performance.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I’m currently sitting at 25.76(8373) percent Haste and the click is set at 0.070 seconds.
ilvl 847

ok you seem to be fine there. as its how I roll
First off the biggest headache in Legion for Dks have been the changes to the Rune system.
This has made the juggle for a fluid macro that manages two overlapping GCDs and be effective at the
same time a real challenge.

In testing I found the more I tried to get better management the lower overall performance was the result.
it almost felt like especially in frost that the more i performed a bad rotation the better, this frustrates me lol.

But i agree i feel this could do with some tuning though im in the PTR atm seeing how the changes to marrowrend ect will change things.
One thing i tend do do as i can have a stockpile of rune power at times thanks to legendary braces, where i will manually fire off a DS, or if i know a big hit from a boss is coming up while the macro is running mash the DS as well.

there isnt much more i can do in the meantime though unless we all run around with 60% haste which would get the rune regen rate to a level we can have fluid macros like WoD agaiin.

Alright man,

Well thanks for the replies anyway. Your macro still rocks.
Im still best tank eu with it XD.

I do need those bracers i dropped acherus cloak. Not helpful too much.

Yeah lets hope blizz makes us vamps more interesting.
I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread when 7.1.5 hits.

Bye man.

I’ve been playing Blood DK since ROTLK and I’m impressed with the uptime of Bone Shield, constant healing from Death Strike and the simplicity of the overall play of it. I’ve not gotten to Normal Raid or Mythic Dungeons yet, but I’ll be running it through the rest later this week and weekend.

Sequences['bloodDK'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/Cast [combat] !Anti-Magic Shell
/Cast [combat] !Vampiric Blood
/Cast [nochanneling] !Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast !Icebound Fortitude
]],
'/cast [nochanneling] Death Grip',
'/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Death Strike',
'/cast [nochanneling] Asphyxiate',
'/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Marrowrend',
'/castsequence reset=5 blood boil',
'/castsequence reset=45 Consumption',
'/castsequence reset=combat Death\'s Caress, Death Strike, Marrowrend',
'/castsequence reset=combat Death\'s Caress, Death Strike, soulgorge',
'/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Heart Strike',
PostMacro = [[
/Cast [combat] [nochanneling] Blood Boil
/cast path of frost
/cast gift of the naaru
/cast blood boil
/Use [combat] 13
/Use [combat] 14
]],
}

interesting macro I can’t test for now as I’m rebuilding PC after HDD failure but will give it a go. i notice its old school GS, what talents you running
as i was thinking of looking back at a soulgorge build come the next update.

hey john i really like your ‘DKBLOOD’ macro,but i like to use death strike manually on a seperate button. can you post a sequence of your DKBLOOD macro without deathstrike in it. i would really appreciate that.

i also want to nominate this macro as a Highperformance macro the 'DKBLOOD’one. thumbs up :stuck_out_tongue:

im using GS-E atm