GSE 2.6.23 - Released for both Retail, PTR and Beta

installed the latest version but when I log into the game I get an error message in the chat window: [GnomeSequencer] syntax error on line 1166 of Sequences.lua: unexpected symbol near ‘[]’. Any help is appreciated. I’m unable to open GSE with normal /commands in-game.

Edit: fixed syntax error by removing the macro in sequences that was causing the issue, but I’m still unable to open the GSE editor when in game with the addon enabled (the only addon enabled)

I cant Paste Any Makro over Strg v With the Last Version

Thanks for all the help. I’ll probably just wait til the update comes lol

Odd problem. On my main I can access GSSE but on my alt I can’t. The macro still works but can’t open the editor at all. Tried deleting GSE.lua file, downloading latest build and such.

Are the three modules enabled on your alt in the Addons list?

looked to be a addon conflict…seems to be working again…thank

1 Like

Just got on and updated and its all good now thanks man :grinning:

Dont know whats wrong. But i updated GSE With the twitch app to the latest version. And now GSE wont work with any macros. Someone got any idea how to solve the problem ?.

Hi ppl its only for me or still GSE not working?

same for me. Cant get it to work.

I would suggest that as mentioned on the first post in this thread you may need to delete your GSE.lua file from within the WTF directory and start from a clean slate.

Also the current version is 2.6.09 …

Done that several times. Removed GSE.lua and removed GSE from my addons. Logged in to the game and logged out. Then i reinstalled to the lastest version and logged back in. Still GSE doesnt fire the macro.
Tried with older versions of GSE aswell but cant get it to work at all

Then I don’t have the feintest idea why it’s braking for you. Seems to work for everyone else.

The older 2.5 version won’t work at all any even attempting to login with it installed on the current wow will cause a complete and irrecoverable corruption of the GSE.lua file.

The absolute minimum version I would be suggesting is 2.6.07 - but only if you don’t mind graphical glitches and broken sample macros.

is it gse.lua only or the gse.lua.bak one aswell you need to remove.

This is not working for me too, i have reinstall old version but not working anymore.

I have delete GSE.lua too, dont fix the problem.

The GSE.lua.bak is created when you log out - it copies your existing GSE.lua file to .bak and writes new GSE.lua file. If you introduce a corrupt macro the .bak file can be renamed to GSE.lua if you catch it immediately and exit rather than attempting to reload.

If your going for clean slate - completely exit WoW, delete them both then start the game.

Dont fix it too. Nothing happen when i use the macro.

I’ve trying to remove and reimport but not working.

Ok this is what i did. I closed down the game. went in and remove both lua and lua.bak. Removed GSE from my addons. Then i logged in to the game and exit. Installed the latest version of GSE. When i entered the game it told my i dont have any macros for this class would you like the sample one. I created an icon for Lutechi balance sample move it down to my bar. Tried to fire of the maco and it shots of 1 spell and nothing more.

Seriously @brunks - I’m done.

Read the posts I have posted and figure it out - it’s not rocket science.

I have lost count of the times I have answered this question for the last 40 hours. The answer hasn’t changed no matter how many times people ask the same question. Funnily enough the people who implement the fix are using new macros.

And no it doesn’t affect everyone it just has happened that your system is one of the few cases that didn’t come up in testing. I’m sorry it’s happened to you but it has.

2 Likes

@Micael_Johnsson Then that’s a macro problem not a GSE problem. GSE is working, that macro is not working for your character.

you will need to look at the macro and your talents etc. check for spells in castsequence a that you don’t know etc.